I just finished an online copywriting course through my local university. In the past 8 weeks, I've done the following:
- Translated features into benefits for a banana
- Created customer personas and wrote a sales letter for a hypothetical e-book
- Wrote a creative brief for Awake Chocolate
- Wrote two hypothetical bus shelter ads for Starbucks and Tim Hortons
- Rewrote an 'about page' for a local moving company
Now obviously, my portfolio is still very thin, so I am wanting to take another course that will force me to write more and allow me to expand my portfolio. I heard that the AWAI Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting is a great course with plenty of practical exercises, so I am planning on purchasing that next.
Just wanted to hear your guys' thoughts.
Money is not an issue for me, as my parents are willing to pay.
I know that there is already a post on here about the best copywriting courses (https://www.warriorforum.com/copywri...ng-course.html), but I want one that places more emphasis on writing, rather than reading.
I've already read Bob Bly's The Copywriter's Handbook, and am halfway through Peter Bowerman's The Well-Fed Writer, so I really am just itching to write.