What landing page elements should be used on a B2B one page website?

18 replies
Hello,

I'm currently tweaking my website and was looking for ideas or suggestions how to make it better.

I have a benefit driven headline and subtitle that speaks to my target market (SMBs who buy content marketing services), as well as testimonials, samples, pricing, and will be adding a video section too.

At the end there's a contact form.

The only way people will find this site is through my email signature through cold emailing or by them googling my business name. Most of this traffic will be pre-qualified and either marketing managers or business owners.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!
#b2b #elements #landing #page #website
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author jesse ringer
    If leads are the only goal of the site, then I'd consider having it as a sticky form in the sidebar.
    You may also want to consider using Google Optimize to split test your layout.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611895].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew North
      Originally Posted by jesse ringer View Post

      If leads are the only goal of the site, then I'd consider having it as a sticky form in the sidebar.
      You may also want to consider using Google Optimize to split test your layout.
      Thanks. I have a hovering livechat feature on the site so people can instantly leave a message if they want to. Will check out Google Optimize too.
      Signature

      I have no idea what I'm doing.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611915].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jesse ringer
        Good call on the chat feature.

        another thing that came to mind was to include some information about the brand/person behind the work. An about section is very effective in humanizing the business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611921].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Matthew North
          Originally Posted by Matthew Stanley View Post

          It sounds like you set the site up smartly ... your pre-qualified / intentional visitor strategy matters more than design or other nits. That said, are you utilizing any imagery? Obviously don't want to slow down load times, but imo they're additive for both tone-setting as well as for certain kinds of searching (and if you believe books like Pre-Suasion, can literally impact what prospects emphasize while they're there.) Might suggest thinking on what you want that emphasis to be and then utilizing something like Unsplash or StockSnap to find something that fits...
          That is smart, thank you. Do you have any tips on what that emphasis might be for content writing? I have an unsplash account and have images next to text sections on my website. I can change the background image behind the headline too.

          Originally Posted by jesse ringer View Post

          Good call on the chat feature.



          another thing that came to mind was to include some information about the brand/person behind the work. An about section is very effective in humanizing the business.
          There's a mini sales letter after the person scrolls past the headline that includes a bit about my background, which is only a few sentences long. Would you recommend I flesh out an entire dedicated section to this part instead, and what would you recomemnd I include in it? Thank you.
          Signature

          I have no idea what I'm doing.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611958].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Matthew Stanley
            Do you have any tips on what that emphasis might be for content writing? I have an unsplash account and have images next to text sections on my website. I can change the background image behind the headline too.
            Images next to the text works well, so that aspect sounds good. Are you aiming to attract a specific niche within SMB owners? If so something subtle and/or related to the industry may make sense (engineering tools atop a B2B page targeting technical managers, for ex). If your target is broader, you probably don't need to be too on the nose about it ... assuming you've got a clean layout, solid use of color, and then the text images, you might consider something more generic like a logo (if you have one) or image suggesting collaboration or business growth ... doesn't need to be over the top or compete with the headline
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Emmatech
      Yeah that's true
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Stanley
    It sounds like you set the site up smartly ... your pre-qualified / intentional visitor strategy matters more than design or other nits. That said, are you utilizing any imagery? Obviously don't want to slow down load times, but imo they're additive for both tone-setting as well as for certain kinds of searching (and if you believe books like Pre-Suasion, can literally impact what prospects emphasize while they're there.) Might suggest thinking on what you want that emphasis to be and then utilizing something like Unsplash or StockSnap to find something that fits...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Perimeter 81
    I would recommend adding an option of white paper*download with the relevant content. The white paper should be sent by email so the*prospect will have to leave an email address to get it. This way you could collect relevant leads.
    Signature
    VPN for Business. CPA between $400 to $1000 Sign Up Here and Start Earning Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11611974].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JPs copy
    What will the video section contain? Will you have one big edited video, or a few of them?

    If it fits, move a video up towards the top of the sales page.
    Signature

    John Peters | Content Marketing / Email Specialist
    Latest post: Sometimes there are no marketing shortcuts

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612007].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew North
      Thanks everyone.

      Originally Posted by JPs copy View Post

      What will the video section contain? Will you have one big edited video, or a few of them?

      If it fits, move a video up towards the top of the sales page.
      I'm not actually sure about this. I was thinking of getting a high-quality video recording of me introducing myself and the services that I offer, or perhaps a short sales presentation. It's something that in the pipeline.
      Signature

      I have no idea what I'm doing.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612015].message }}
  • No B headin' your way drops at random.

    So your first element says YOU RIGHT TO STOP BY.

    An' course, you magnify the impact of that initial meetup.

    Anywan here likes snails?

    Nah ... me neither.

    But SNAIL GUY can't get enough of these critters for his FANCY RESTAURANT stroke FARM stroke WEIRDSY COSPLAY PERSONA ...

    so if'n you pitchin' his ass, nuthin' ain't movin' less'n your hero section SQUIRMIN' WITH THE FKRS.

    *winnah*

    Hey, but you gotta remembah ...

    if'n you smart enough to make an offer to SNAIL GUY, this means it gotta be worth your time wakin' up ...

    which means you ain't alone in pitchin' armored gastropod fiends ...

    which means SNAIL GUY got your site up alongside SLITHERA.COM, VegNibbler.com, PukeCreatures.com, Naturalleatherwear.com -- an' mebbe more.

    "YOU RIGHT TO STOP BY" say these competitor sites.

    Same as you, right?

    So now you gotta be RIGHTEST.

    Which means expandin' on your headline an' promisin' sumthin'.

    SLITHERA.COM leads with "effortlessly cold, fiendishly earthy, sliming on your flesh at random."

    VegNibbler.com says, "Your precious crops devoured overnight! And we don't even know the wibbly bits poking from our bodies are called wibbly bits!"

    NaturalLeatherwear leads with "Skin us by the thousand. Wear us till they swoon."

    If'n you SNAIL GUY, you got a cool range of options here might satisfy your LUST for GROUND-HOGGIN' CRUSTACEAN MUTANTS.

    Evvrythin' is so delishsly SNAILY ... aw, but, hey -- which one I choose?

    The unrandom Google link got SNAIL GUY sniffin' your way now describes out multiple potential fyootures to gratify an' enhance his snailsy wherewithal bcs that's how SEARCH & FIND works.

    So, thereya go: FIRST TWO ELEMENTS.

    Reward SEARCH.

    Clarify FIND.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew North
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      No B headin' your way drops at random.

      So your first element says YOU RIGHT TO STOP BY.

      An' course, you magnify the impact of that initial meetup.

      Anywan here likes snails?

      Nah ... me neither.
      ...
      Another highly entertaining and useful post. Thank you for spending your time to help me with this. Can I read your writing anywhere else? I honestly think you're hilarious.

      Originally Posted by Matthew Stanley View Post

      Images next to the text works well, so that aspect sounds good. Are you aiming to attract a specific niche within SMB owners? If so something subtle and/or related to the industry may make sense (engineering tools atop a B2B page targeting technical managers, for ex). If your target is broader, you probably don't need to be too on the nose about it ... assuming you've got a clean layout, solid use of color, and then the text images, you might consider something more generic like a logo (if you have one) or image suggesting collaboration or business growth ... doesn't need to be over the top or compete with the headline
      I don't have a specific niche I'm targeting yet but it's a good idea. I've been thinking about ways to differentiate what I offer so I'm not just another service provider to people. It's in the works. An image suggesting collaboration is something I added as a result from reading your post, cheers.
      Signature

      I have no idea what I'm doing.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11612110].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Matthew North View Post

        Another highly entertaining and useful post. Thank you for spending your time to help me with this. Can I read your writing anywhere else? I honestly think you're hilarious.

        You askin' Moi to expose musself?


        Jus' catchin' up here.


        (If'n it helps, ima clad in kimono raiment of a viably unrevealin' natyoore as I write.)
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11613963].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Matthew North
          Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

          You askin' Moi to expose musself?


          Jus' catchin' up here.


          (If'n it helps, ima clad in kimono raiment of a viably unrevealin' natyoore as I write.)
          I don't want your dox, I want more Princess Balestra.
          Signature

          I have no idea what I'm doing.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11614452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hannahcostales
    I would have a form on there to collect their email address so you can market to them over and over again.

    One thing you want to keep in mind is, not every prospect that visits your site will be sold on what you do right away. For a lot of prospects, they might need time to get to know you, your company, how you can help them, etc. So if you're just directing people to a contact form, you're neglecting the people who aren't ready to buy today but might be ready a couple months or even a year from now.

    But if you're building an email list and collecting their names, you can still continue to market to them until they're ready to pull the trigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11613833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Just a reminder, a business is an idea, an entity...which exists without being able to react. You are attracting people, and it sounds like, a TARGETED person, whom can make a decision, or knows who can.

    Marketing managers differ from owners, they often are more concerned with NOT making a mistake, whereas the owner is always bottom line oriented. But either one, is a person...and in dealing with people, use this tested and proven BIG secret with them...

    Best path to their wallets is through their hearts. Evoke some emotion on your landing page as a reason to fork over their info.

    Write for a person, not a "business".

    GordonJ


    Originally Posted by Matthew North View Post

    Hello,

    I'm currently tweaking my website and was looking for ideas or suggestions how to make it better.

    I have a benefit driven headline and subtitle that speaks to my target market (SMBs who buy content marketing services), as well as testimonials, samples, pricing, and will be adding a video section too.

    At the end there's a contact form.

    The only way people will find this site is through my email signature through cold emailing or by them googling my business name. Most of this traffic will be pre-qualified and either marketing managers or business owners.

    Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11614716].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics