Aaron here with some quick tips about how to get good at email copywriting asap!
The secret is this: Subscribe to the top marketers in the worlds email lists.
Even, create a fresh email account for the sole purpose of subscribing to other marketers lists, and then read their emails and try to figure out their strategy.
Here are some tactics I have noticed:
1. Storytelling and then relating the story to the product - powerful
2. Casual and friendly tone builds the connection - describing their day
3. Talking about family members who were skeptical about mmo - viewed as a common enemy
4. Talking about their failures, mistakes, and personal life - builds trust and the relationship
5. Using a very unique, interesting, or shocking event - curiosity draws you in and gets the click
Hope this helps!