In marketing, copywriting is a valuable skill that everyone needs. Whether you're a graphics designer, php script developer, or whatever the case maybe, having or at least becoming familiar with the principles of copywriting can work to your advantage.
And just to get you started, here are 15 steps to copywriting success:
1. Research first - Identify the problem, agitate, solve
2. Openings - open with stories- Stories are relationship building, lowers resistance, engages readers and connects with them
3.Copy should be scanable, use subheadings and lists
4. List the facts with bullets, features and benefits - State a feature, then say "so that..." and give the benefit of that feature to customers
5. FAQs - who, what, when, where, who, how
6. Objections - why would someone not want what you're selling?
7. Testimonials - use your best ones up high in the copy and spread the others throughout the copy
8. Order link inserted about 1/3 to ½ way down in the copy, not sooner because you need to make the case based on values and emotions other than the price
9. The product - picture them with it, how much better their lives are with it, benefits, paint the picture, and offer another chance to click and order
10. List the specifics of what they get
11. A guarantee-everyone wants some sort of guarantee, don't you?
12. A call to action-many people spend all of their time giving the details of their product and fail to ask the reader to take action. You MUST ask the reader to take action and buy, because if you don't, they won't buy.
13. Bonuses-Stockpile your offer with free bonuses. This adds value to your offer and it gives the appearance that the customer is getting over on you, the merchant.
14. Final arguments, repeated in a P.S. and PPS.
15. Make sure that your headline is catchy and appeals to readers. We also advise you testing different headlines. A great headline could increase your sales by 377% overnight