Legal copywriters in the UK

by Clojo
6 replies
Hi there,

I am trying to find legal copywriters that write copy for UK law.

I have used some copywriters on here, but they are not really cutting the mustard. The copy needs to be very accurate to UK law and not salesy, for obvious reasons.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

Clojo
#copywriters #legal
  • Profile picture of the author n7 Studios
    Originally Posted by Clojo View Post

    Hi there,

    I am trying to find legal copywriters that write copy for UK law.

    I have used some copywriters on here, but they are not really cutting the mustard. The copy needs to be very accurate to UK law and not salesy, for obvious reasons.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Clojo
    Bit of a long shot, but have you considered University students studying Law? Many of them also write in student law publications, and are researching and studying an ever changing subject, so would be quite up to date.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704282].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Clojo
      Originally Posted by n7 Studios View Post

      Bit of a long shot, but have you considered University students studying Law? Many of them also write in student law publications, and are researching and studying an ever changing subject, so would be quite up to date.
      Hi N7

      Yes I tried that, but is very unreliable. You have to go through the lecturers and they never get back to you. That was my first port of call. It is a shame because it would be absolutely perfect.

      Maybe I will give it another go.

      Thanks for advice though.

      Clojo
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704522].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
        Clojo

        Don't go through the lecturer then, it is none of their business whether or not an undergraduate or postgraduate wishes to earn some money.

        Go to campus, find out where the law school is or Halls and stick a notice on the notice board.

        Dan
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704911].message }}
        • Originally Posted by jimbo13 View Post

          Clojo

          Don't go through the lecturer then, it is none of their business whether or not an undergraduate or postgraduate wishes to earn some money.

          Go to campus, find out where the law school is or Halls and stick a notice on the notice board.

          Dan

          I think Dan has a great idea here, its about getting in touch directly with the law student. Speaking to them personally.

          I know a few friends of mine who have been to law school and they say its an extremely difficult field to get into. If you can offer someone fresh out of law school an experience where they can write for you. It will give them vital work experience, I would suggest getting yourself down to the campus like Dan mentioned, handing out a few business cards and explain to law students if they know anyone who is interested getting a bit of work experience and maybe even a reference to do some writing work for you. I'm sure they would be interested, its something they can put down on there resume. As I said, its about having that personal relationship with the writer, get to know them, go for a coffee and explain what you need and how you can help them, this way they will be more inclined to help you and will hopefully not mess you about.

          Good luck!
          Signature
          InternetContentCreation.com
          Special Offer! - 500 Word Article only $1.00
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3733171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rezbi
    What exactly are you looking for and can you show me some info. related to the copy you want written?

    I've studied law, I have two brothers who are lawyers (so I can ensure the legalities are correct) and I'm a copywriter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704975].message }}

Trending Topics