by HSam
19 replies
Hey everyone,

I have put up a web site, Natural Weight Loss, Weight Loss , and was wondering if I can get some feedback. Do you think it has a chance in such a competitive niche? etc.

I still have to get my opt in form with the ebook, but after that it should be done.

Thanks
#critique #site
  • Profile picture of the author Ashley Gable
    Well I dont know much about this niche so I wont comment on the message or content.

    But one part that did catch my eye was the button on the right hand side.

    I know you mentioned the form, so you might not be done with it yet, if so then ignore me. But if that is what you are planning to say then you wont get many optins.

    Not many people are going to optin for a "free ebook". Not because it is an ebook, but because there are no benefits attached to the free ebook.

    You are better off with something that has benefits tied to it, like "7 Delicious Thanksgiving Dishes That Will Actually Make You Lose Weight Over The Holiday Season".

    Free is great, as long as there is some form of Want there too. You have to keep in mind that giving away a freebie to start a relationship is a lot different then an inducement to buy, where just about anything free will help.

    But I suspect that you werent going to leave it like this. Just thought I would point it out.

    Good luck.

    Ashley
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimboJim
    The header has a massive problem with it. Look at the woman to the right, you will see a green dumbbell near the blue one. It looks like you, or the designer, tried to swap this for the blue one in her hand, but it looks bad and there are white marks all along the blue dumbbell.

    The copy is nice, but I don't know if I would personally sign up. The reason is because you aren't really differentiating yourself. There are 1,000s of sites that say nearly the same thing, and I think you need to make your website a little more unique.

    I do like the way the ebook button looks to the right, but I agree that it needs copy that is a little more specific.
    Signature
    Ready for some great content at a low cost?
    PresentPLR Newest Pack: LED Grow Lights
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Cohen
    Originally Posted by HSam View Post

    Hey everyone,

    I have put up a web site, Natural Weight Loss, Weight Loss , and was wondering if I can get some feedback. Do you think it has a chance in such a competitive niche? etc.
    You have a chance.

    First, though, you must understand the level of sophistication the weight loss market is in and tailor your message appropriately.

    (Weight loss is at the 4th level, and I don't believe your web site takes that into account.)

    The book Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz talks about market sophistication in Chapter 3.

    Alex
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smoor2012
    Your site looks pretty good to me. I like to see folks getting something started. I think you might take the advice about putting some specific suggestions in the box to the right instead of just a free ebook. I will also tell you that the rest looked like a good start. I wanted to encourage you to keep going with what you started.

    Scott
    Signature

    PM me and I will respond as soon as possible

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SoonerPhoenix
    You mention the 60day money back guarantee. You need to go into detail somewhere in the site.

    There is also more contact information on the front page than on the contact us page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920778].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richcs815
      I would change the bulk of the copy on the page to a "sales letter" for the opt-in ebook. Then you can put the current copy as additional info in the ebook itself. Or add it to your auto-responder sequence.

      But the clear goal of the page should be to get that opt-in and NOTHING else.

      If you give people too many choices they won't make any.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4921173].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HSam
        Originally Posted by richcs815 View Post

        I would change the bulk of the copy on the page to a "sales letter" for the opt-in ebook. Then you can put the current copy as additional info in the ebook itself. Or add it to your auto-responder sequence.

        But the clear goal of the page should be to get that opt-in and NOTHING else.

        If you give people too many choices they won't make any.
        Are you talking about the main homepage or a different page? Do you think I should cut down on some of the pages?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4921256].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Azarna
          The header has a few issues. Yes, that badly photoshopped dumbell really must get fixed.

          Also I saw it this way: On the left is a monochrome man. On the right a full colour woman. Between them is a leaf thing that also appears a bit like a link between the two. This made me think that the left was before (dull and monochrome) leading to the right which is after (technicolour glory!). Erm, but I don't think a toned man wants to lose weight and become a girl.

          There is nothing on the site to make me think you are any different to the thousands and thousands of other site promising weight loss.

          There is no evidence of any thing, no medical qualifications, nothing.

          Sorry, but I would not bother with giving out my email for a free eBook unless I felt the site had something to offer me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4921782].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author richcs815
          Originally Posted by HSam View Post

          Are you talking about the main homepage or a different page? Do you think I should cut down on some of the pages?
          Now that I went back and looked at it again I realized that I didn't even know there was more than one page. You should change the navigation to make it more obvious.

          OR! Make a single "landing page". and push the ebook on there. It is also important, as Azarna has said, that you point out something that makes you different from everything else. After all the weight loss "niche" is glutted. Not saturated, I don't think it CAN be saturated, but it is certainly populated and the only way to really see good results is to differentiate yourself.

          But most importantly re-organize the page so that the important info is featured and there is no clutter. People need to be able to know what is there without having to examine the whole page in detail to figure out where things are. I would also use headlines and white space to make things easier to glance over.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4926089].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ThomasOMalley
            I would rewrite the page so that it's really a squeeze page.

            Always write your copy based on what your goal for the web page is.

            If you want capture names on this page, use the squeeze page format.

            Try to get find some of Gary Halbert's weight loss ads for excellent copy to model in this niche.

            Go to Gary Halbert Copywriting Swipe File and review some of Halbert's powerful ads.

            Best of luck,

            Thomas O'Malley
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4929650].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HSam
      Originally Posted by SoonerPhoenix View Post

      You mention the 60day money back guarantee. You need to go into detail somewhere in the site.

      There is also more contact information on the front page than on the contact us page.
      When you say go into detail how much detail and what detail are you looking for when you visit a site like this?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4921219].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SoonerPhoenix
        Originally Posted by HSam View Post

        When you say go into detail how much detail and what detail are you looking for when you visit a site like this?
        Just summarize and reiterate. Guarantees are there to make the consumer feel good. You don't have to go into much detail just spell it out load and clear. Also adds a link
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4931589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rudy Hermawan
    Hi,

    You can consider using the link cloaker for the Clickbank affiliate link. And you can add the "Get Start Today" is at the 1st paragraph.

    All The Best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4930666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apolwar
    Originally Posted by HSam View Post

    Hey everyone,

    I have put up a web site, Natural Weight Loss, Weight Loss , and was wondering if I can get some feedback. Do you think it has a chance in such a competitive niche? etc.

    I still have to get my opt in form with the ebook, but after that it should be done.

    Thanks
    It looks better than some sites I've seen. I like the color scheme you have. Apple green, white and blue.

    I like the 'contact us today' part is on the left side of the screen. People are likely to read that first since English is read from left to right.

    Also the 'Experience You Can Trust' with the owner of the site as one that actually benefited the program.

    I'm assuming the top menu will have pull-down sub menus as well? No?



    I think you''ll have a chance in this niche. Your site looks good, many people do want to lose weight and be healthy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4931179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author revolutia
    Thanks for info, this is cool!)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4931246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RazvanRogoz
    Hi,

    It looks different that what I've expected. I have just received the survey results for a weight loss niche. This survey was sent to many people (huge list, I am processing only a small sample of it) and the results surprised me.

    It showed me what people are actually looking for when they want to lose weight. Based on what I've analyzed so far, here is what I suggest:

    -> Define "right programs". Some people want easy programs. Some want effective ones. Some want to lose fat no matter the price. Other want to take it easy.

    -> People don't dislike the fact that they are overweight. They dislike the fact that they feel overweight and how other react to them thanks to this.

    -> I don't know if they want to get in shape. I think they want a specific benefit. Maybe they want a flat belly. Maybe they want to have more stamina. Be specific.

    -> Backed by 10 years of experience. Where is the proof for that?

    -> What's your USP? How are you different from anyone else?

    -> Make it easier to read and less like a SEO copy.

    I think that's all. I've only reviewed the main, home page. My main advice to you is to find out what is the specific benefit they want and sell that benefit.

    Otherwise, yes, this is a competitive market and it's hard to succeed by playing copycat.

    Best regards,
    Razvan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4931931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author omy123
    Design is attractive, but for me certain points missing as far as the SEO is concerned..They are:
    1) The Home page doesnt have enough content, thus the keyword to target doesnt have enough repitations in the content
    2) The inner page ulrs are with underscore(_). For good search engine visibility, you should use hyphens(-) between the words in url
    3) The Description meta tag should contain your targeted keywords, The title tag too.
    Signature

    Limo Hire London

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4931999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrainCopy
    Originally Posted by HSam View Post

    Do you think it has a chance in such a competitive niche?
    Firstly, you should have asked that question before you
    created the website or your product. Market research
    should be the first thing you do, and you should do it
    for about a week.

    Really know what the problems are
    in your niche, what people want, what they hate,
    and your demographics... etc.

    Now, I noticed that you put "Click Here for a free E-book on weight loss"

    That is a big NO NO.

    Nobody wants an E-book. That's such a bad word and we should all
    ban that word from our internet marketing vocabulary.

    Instead of E-book use Action guide, Digital Report, Road map... etc.

    Fix the header you have too. If you have the extra $100 bucks or so,
    just have someone here design your site... This forum is home to some
    very VERY TALENTED warriors.

    Best Regard,
    Anthony


    Originally Posted by RazvanRogoz View Post

    Hi,

    It looks different that what I've expected. I have just received the survey results for a weight loss niche. This survey was sent to many people (huge list, I am processing only a small sample of it) and the results surprised me.

    It showed me what people are actually looking for when they want to lose weight. Based on what I've analyzed so far, here is what I suggest:

    -> Define "right programs". Some people want easy programs. Some want effective ones. Some want to lose fat no matter the price. Other want to take it easy.

    -> People don't dislike the fact that they are overweight. They dislike the fact that they feel overweight and how other react to them thanks to this.

    -> I don't know if they want to get in shape. I think they want a specific benefit. Maybe they want a flat belly. Maybe they want to have more stamina. Be specific.

    -> Backed by 10 years of experience. Where is the proof for that?

    -> What's your USP? How are you different from anyone else?

    -> Make it easier to read and less like a SEO copy.

    I think that's all. I've only reviewed the main, home page. My main advice to you is to find out what is the specific benefit they want and sell that benefit.

    Otherwise, yes, this is a competitive market and it's hard to succeed by playing copycat.

    Best regards,
    Razvan
    This is great information you have posted, I'd love to have the link
    to the survey... I'm not in the niche but I love surveys (as weird and nerdy as that sounds)

    I've read some great poll surveys on some forums about acne...AMAZING

    what I found was crazy informative... here was one of the results

    Which statement best describes you?
    42% people said I've never dated someone with acne, but I would so long as it wasn't too bad.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4932178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RazvanRogoz
    Hello Anthony,

    Thank you. There's no link. It's internal marketing data used for a new campaign. If you have a list, survey them too and you'll get some amazing insight.

    Razvan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4932273].message }}

Trending Topics