Here's Another Reason You Should NEVER Give Up...

23 replies
One year of persistence in trying to reach someone who is notoriously hard to reach and even harder to get a review from.

Check out who wrote the foreword for my new book...

Amazon.com: The 24 Hour Marketing Miracle (Value...Amazon.com: The 24 Hour Marketing Miracle (Value...
How? If you've read "Outrageous Marketing" by Bill Glazer and "The Go Giver," you already know how. Copywriting techniques that work for reaching clients also work for reaching anyone. Who do you want to
connect with?

Dream big, and don't give up...failure can't cope with persistence.
#give #reason
  • Profile picture of the author Chriswrighto
    Man!

    Nice job...

    I'm going to purchase the book now and let you know how I find it.
    Signature

    Wealthcopywriter.com :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9078065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Bowring
    Who'd you sleep with to make that happen?

    --- Ross
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9078187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
    Great work, Seth! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you.

    It does show the power of persistence and patience, doesn't it?

    - Rick Duris

    PS: I don't think people realize how difficult it is to secure an endorsement of anything for any amount of money. (If it happens, there's usually some affiliation, backroom financial consideration or reciprocity involved.)

    For instance, Eminem is endorsing Jimmy Lovine's and Dr. Dre's Beats Music Streaming. Why? Because Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine and Eminem are all under the UMG flag.

    You can just imagine guys like Dan will get half a dozen to dozen requests like that a week. Few ever make it to the intended person's desk, let alone get read.

    The fact yours did, is phenomenal. The fact Dan wrote a forward is off-the-charts amazing.

    A little gloating is in order.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9078265].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by RickDuris View Post

      For instance, Eminem is endorsing Jimmy Lovine's and Dr. Dre's Beats Music Streaming. Why? Because Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine and Eminem are all under the UMG flag.

      You can just imagine guys like Dan will get half a dozen to dozen requests like that a week. Few ever make it to the intended person's desk, let alone get read.
      Good example.

      Shows that affinity is one of the secrets to getting high profile endorsements.

      My girlfriend tells me Dan and I have similar writing styles, same sense of humor, same oddball beliefs about politics and where the economy is headed, even our rants sound eerily alike. First time I read him, I felt like we must be related.

      I think that's a lesson for anyone trying to climb the ladder. Don't just find the people who are winning, find the people who you can relate with.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9079956].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
        Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

        I think that's a lesson for anyone trying to climb the ladder. Don't just find the people who are winning, find the people who you can relate with.
        That's a keeper!
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9080637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Len Bailey
    Congratulations Seth!
    Signature

    Len Bailey
    Copywriter/Consultant
    Feel free to connect on LinkedIn or Twitter

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9078289].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author marciayudkin
      Seth,

      Congratulations on the foreword.

      May I suggest that your book description could use some improvement? After reading it, I don't have a clue what the book is actually about, other than something to do with strategy and marketing.

      I do not know what "value mechanics" or "axiology" are or why those will help my business - because you haven't explained.

      I also don't know what the 24 hours in the book title refers to.

      Marcia Yudkin
      Signature
      Check out Marcia Yudkin's No-Hype Marketing Academy for courses on copywriting, publicity, infomarketing, marketing plans, naming, and branding - not to mention the popular "Marketing for Introverts" course.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9078734].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
        Originally Posted by marciayudkin View Post

        Seth,

        Congratulations on the foreword.

        May I suggest that your book description could use some improvement? After reading it, I don't have a clue what the book is actually about, other than something to do with strategy and marketing.

        I do not know what "value mechanics" or "axiology" are or why those will help my business - because you haven't explained.

        I also don't know what the 24 hours in the book title refers to.

        Marcia Yudkin
        Dammit, Marcia, you caught me not taking my own advice lol.

        I thought the same thing when I looked at it last night. I just rewrote it, waiting on Amazon's approval...

        Thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9080071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author V12
    That's awesome. But why not find a Dan Kennedy in the phone book and give him a few dollars to write it? I'm joking of course.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9079206].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9079228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
    Congrats, Seth.

    Very impressive accomplishment by any standard.

    I hope it's a big success for you.

    Best,

    Brian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9079247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Clouser
    Congrats, Seth!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9079340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shawnlebrun
    Seth, I think you just summarized what separates winners like yourself from others.

    One year persistence.

    You just proved that winners don't quit... they just keep trucking forward at all costs.

    Kuddos my friend, you deserve it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9081170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by shawnlebrun View Post

      Seth, I think you just summarized what separates winners like yourself from others.

      One year persistence.
      One of my mentors once told me...

      "If you know something is going to get you where you want to go, but it's going to take a while (5 years maybe), and you don't want to wait 5 years, just ask yourself... 'If I don't start right now, 5 years from now, will I wish I had?' If the answer is yes, get started now, whether you want to or not.'"

      This was a dude you grew up in poverty, and at age 60, he's worth 100 million. But he spent 15 years driving a beat up old pickup, even while he was earning 100k a month. Seeing stories like that, in the flesh, is a big help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9082240].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jimbo13
        Well done on the point your thread is about.

        As an observation, if you click on The Look Inside bit and scroll down to Part II you will see that Marketing has been spelled MARKEITNG in the profit sucking sentence.

        Hope you don't mind me pointing that out. Don't know if that is easy for you to fix at all.

        Dan
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9082398].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
          Originally Posted by jimbo13 View Post

          Well done on the point your thread is about.

          As an observation, if you click on The Look Inside bit and scroll down to Part II you will see that Marketing has been spelled MARKEITNG in the profit sucking sentence.

          Hope you don't mind me pointing that out. Don't know if that is easy for you to fix at all.

          Dan
          Thnx, I saw that yesterday, takes 24 hours for amazon to take the new version.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9082445].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dale2811
        Originally Posted by sethczerepak View Post

        One of my mentors once told me...

        "If you know something is going to get you where you want to go, but it's going to take a while (5 years maybe), and you don't want to wait 5 years, just ask yourself... 'If I don't start right now, 5 years from now, will I wish I had?' If the answer is yes, get started now, whether you want to or not.'"

        This was a dude you grew up in poverty, and at age 60, he's worth 100 million. But he spent 15 years driving a beat up old pickup, even while he was earning 100k a month. Seeing stories like that, in the flesh, is a big help.
        That's a great question, 'If I don't start right now, 5 years from now, will I wish I had?' It puts a lot of our dreams & goals into perspective.

        Thanks for sharing

        Cheers!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9132700].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
          Originally Posted by dale2811 View Post

          That's a great question, 'If I don't start right now, 5 years from now, will I wish I had?' It puts a lot of our dreams & goals into perspective.

          Thanks for sharing

          Cheers!
          I like what John Canary said when someone told him...

          "John, do you realize that by the time I reach that goal in 7 years, I'll be 55?"

          John's reply...

          "How old will you be in 7 years if you DON'T reach it?"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9133935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TomGlover
    Congratulations! Yeah, you should NEVER give up on your dream!

    ...Remember, it took Edison over 1,000 attempts before he created the light bulb
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9083430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by TomGlover View Post

      Congratulations! Yeah, you should NEVER give up on your dream!

      ...Remember, it took Edison over 1,000 attempts before he created the light bulb
      10,000 actually. And it took almost 20 years of off and on work. His estate is down here in Ft Meyers. I go there a few times a year to get reinspired, or for a dose of humility. Mind boggling, the things he created. That dude's life was all about persistence, testing and knowing his market.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9083725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Hawn
    To the seasoned professional this may elicit a hearty pat on the back.

    To the blossoming marketer this could be the bump needed to get them over the hump.

    To the planted bulb that is struggling mightily just to break ground in any IM endeavor this could be a post that changes their life. As with the promise of spring here in Michigan, so to does your well-deserved success offer hope of new beginnings and many years of radiant beauty and bountiful harvests.

    Congratulations!
    Signature

    Embracing my Bedhead as I hit snooze on the
    Lather, Rinse & Repeat (LR&R) Lifestyle!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9122319].message }}

Trending Topics