Who is THE Top Dating Niche Copywriter?

40 replies
Hi Guys!

We are currently looking for a fantastic copywriter for a series of VideoSalesLetters, Squeeze Pages, Autoresponders and more in the
dating advice for young men - area.

Money doesnt matter. (to a certain extent of course)

We are just looking for somebody who has a proven track record in the dating niche (for men) and who produced one best seller after another.

Basically the best of the best - a real world class copywriter.
We would be really glad for a hint here.

Does anybody have an idea here?
I would really, really appreciate it

Thanks in advance for your response
#copywriter #dating #niche #top
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Cohen
    Originally Posted by cashflow05420 View Post

    Hi Guys!

    We are currently looking for a fantastic copywriter for a series of VideoSalesLetters, Squeeze Pages, Autoresponders and more in the
    dating advice for young men - area.

    Money doesnt matter. (to a certain extent of course)

    We are just looking for somebody who has a proven track record in the dating niche (for men) and who produced one best seller after another.

    Basically the best of the best - a real world class copywriter.
    We would be really glad for a hint here.

    Does anybody have an idea here?
    I would really, really appreciate it

    Thanks in advance for your response
    Both Craig Clemens and Chris Haddad meet your requirements.

    Alex
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9149751].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post

      Both Craig Clemens and Chris Haddad meet your requirements.

      Alex
      Thanks a lot for the advice - i will get in touch with them asap
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9149999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by Alex Cohen View Post

      Both Craig Clemens and Chris Haddad meet your requirements.

      Alex
      Unfortunately both are not really avilable / for hire anymore. Could you suggest somebody else? Would be great, thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150043].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
    Banned
    LOL. Chris Haddad won't bite - he's busy with his own stuff.

    Anyway... this is laughable. You're coming to this swamp looking for "a real world class copywriter"?

    Who are you? What have you done? Why should we be interested? As in "show me the money".

    God almighty...

    O.P. - this isn't the way it works. If you're a "player"...then you'd be "connected". And someone would recommend someone. This just screams "We're complete amateurs".

    Meanwhile...back at the ranch...every dope under the sun is gonna jump on here and recommend some chancer that's done nothing/been nowhere.

    Yeah - the truth is ugly sometimes. But we see this crap here all the time. It aint the way it works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9149935].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by The Copy Nazi View Post

      LOL. Chris Haddad won't bite - he's busy with his own stuff.

      Anyway... this is laughable. You're coming to this swamp looking for "a real world class copywriter"?

      Who are you? What have you done? Why should we be interested? As in "show me the money".

      God almighty...

      O.P. - this isn't the way it works. If you're a "player"...then you'd be "connected". And someone would recommend someone. This just screams "We're complete amateurs".

      Meanwhile...back at the ranch...every dope under the sun is gonna jump on here and recommend some chancer that's done nothing/been nowhere.

      Yeah - the truth is ugly sometimes. But we see this crap here all the time. It aint the way it works.
      Sorry to see that this is the way you think it is.
      Still i would highly appreciate it if you could just drop a few names in case you know any - i would contact them myself then.

      Thanks in advance
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150002].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
    You could try this guy:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/copywrit...opywriter.html

    He has some pretty interesting ideas regarding copy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150053].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

      You could try this guy:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/copywrit...opywriter.html

      He has some pretty interesting ideas regarding copy.
      Hi

      Thanks for the advice.
      I wrote all the copy myself so far and it converted really well.

      I am just trying to get it better here and saving my own time.
      This is why i was looking for a real expert in the field.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150072].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
        Banned
        Originally Posted by cashflow05420 View Post

        I wrote all the copy myself so far and it converted really well.

        I am just trying to get it better here and saving my own time.
        This is why i was looking for a real expert in the field.
        Aha. So what you're looking for is someone to tweak your existing copy. You don't need a top dating/seduction niche writer for that. You need someone who knows what they're doing. Unless, of course, you want to shell out $20-25k plus a slice of the action.

        Or...if you want to start again - its easy enough for someone (who knows what they're doing) to swipe and re-deploy existing/proven offers. How much? Probably $2500 to $5k depending on what's involved.

        (Now you'll be hit with guys offering to do a rewrite for half that. LOL)

        Does that help?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151117].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
          Originally Posted by The Copy Nazi View Post

          Unless, of course, you want to shell out $20-25k
          Hey

          Spending around 20k (although naturally Subject to Negotiation) was exactly what i had in mind here.
          Honestly i wanted to spend more like a 100k as we need more done than only 1 VSL...

          I am not based in the US and dont sell to the US, this is why i dont know any US Copywriters by the way

          Thanks
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151323].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Chriswrighto
            I know that the head copywriter for Tao Of Badass is called Jim Clair.

            Although I'm not sure he does any client work.

            Good luck.
            Signature

            Wealthcopywriter.com :)

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151334].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Matt James
              Hey there,

              Just had this thread brought to my attention.

              I was involved in 2 of your top 3 dating letters so... let's talk
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151344].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
                Originally Posted by Matt James View Post

                Hey there,

                Just had this thread brought to my attention.

                I was involved in 2 of your top 3 dating letters so... let's talk
                Hey Matt!

                I just stumbled upon you and sent you an email from my private hotmail adress. You should have gotten it by now.

                Could you please add me to skype? Lets talk

                Thanks
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151411].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
              Originally Posted by Chriswrighto View Post

              I know that the head copywriter for Tao Of Badass is called Jim Clair.

              Although I'm not sure he does any client work.

              Good luck.
              Jim is Badass Ventures' head copywriter now and he does all their emails and upsell copy, but he didn't write the Tao VSL; that was done before he joined the company and was written by Jon Benson and Josh Pellicer (the guy doing the voiceover who is also co-owner of the company).

              There are a few really good guys who do client work in this niche, but it's a crazy competitive market who's seen and heard it all and even the best copywriters can have lackluster results sometimes. In fact, word is one of Chris Haddad's latest is doing less-than-stellar numbers and is one of his company's few disappointments.

              To the OP: Have you tried reaching out to these companies and asking who their copywriters are? I know it's a long shot, but it might be worth looking into.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151408].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
                Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

                Jim is Badass Ventures' head copywriter now and he does all their emails and upsell copy, but he didn't write the Tao VSL; that was done before he joined the company and was written by Jon Benson and Josh Pellicer (the guy doing the voiceover who is also co-owner of the company).

                There are a few really good guys who do client work in this niche, but it's a crazy competitive market who's seen and heard it all and even the best copywriters can have lackluster results sometimes. In fact, word is one of Chris Haddad's latest is doing less-than-stellar numbers and is one of his company's few disappointments.

                To the OP: Have you tried reaching out to these companies and asking who their copywriters are? I know it's a long shot, but it might be worth looking into.
                Thanks for the thought - but this wont be a problem.

                We are not in the US market. Yes tried to reach some but due to NDAs its kinda hard to get that from them directly .)
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151433].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
              Originally Posted by Chriswrighto View Post

              I know that the head copywriter for Tao Of Badass is called Jim Clair.

              Although I'm not sure he does any client work.

              Good luck.
              Thanks for the hint!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
    Wasn't there a dating contest here last year? Try reaching out to the winner.
    Signature

    Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150063].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by angiecolee View Post

      Wasn't there a dating contest here last year? Try reaching out to the winner.
      Great idea However i am looking for somebody who is really top notch and has a proven track record of creating winning products in this niche.

      Thanks .)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150075].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angiecolee
    This contest was more than a year ago for one. For two, you seem to think we voted on the best. He won because he converted.
    Signature

    Aspiring copywriters: if you need 1:1 advice from an experienced copy chief, head over to my Phone a Friend page.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
    Banned
    BTW... Paul Myers asked Brian "Fingers of Fury" McLeod and I to write a Sticky that explains how to find and hire a copywriter. "Something to deal with the "I wanna hire someone" threads."


    Good idea yeah? And in that Sticky we should suggest that people introduce themselves and be more specific in what they have in mind. Know what I mean? To separate the sheep from the goats. So Fiverr-type gigs don't get confused with gigs like this Cashflow one.

    Don't know how that sits with the new owners.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    just a lil FYI... *ALL* the top dating offers are written by the product owners.

    no copywriters.

    product owners.

    chris is running his massive company, why would he take on a client? (he wouldn't)

    same for craig.

    I've hired several copywriters to do VSL's to beat my control and unfortunately have been less than impressed every single time. (which is a mild understatement).

    And i'm not a copywriter.
    Signature

    “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by davemiz View Post

      just a lil FYI... *ALL* the top dating offers are written by the product owners.

      no copywriters.

      product owners.

      chris is running his massive company, why would he take on a client? (he wouldn't)

      same for craig.

      I've hired several copywriters to do VSL's to beat my control and unfortunately have been less than impressed every single time. (which is a mild understatement).

      And i'm not a copywriter.
      Thanks, really wise words.

      I will give it a shot anyway. Just to see if its possible to outsource some of this stuff. But thanks for the advice, thats what i am afraid off too here honestly.

      This is why i wanted somebody who really has a passion for it and is top notch. Anyway, i am getting/ got in touch with Vin Montello and Matt Conor - lets see how that goes
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harlan
      Originally Posted by davemiz View Post

      just a lil FYI... *ALL* the top dating offers are written by the product owners.

      no copywriters.

      product owners.

      chris is running his massive company, why would he take on a client? (he wouldn't)

      same for craig.

      I've hired several copywriters to do VSL's to beat my control and unfortunately have been less than impressed every single time. (which is a mild understatement).

      And i'm not a copywriter.
      Dave, you're in the niche and you THINK they're all writing their own copy.

      I've been cranking out copy for your buddies for years and they lie their asses off about it.

      Buy me a bourbon some time and I'll tell you about it.
      Signature

      Harlan D. Kilstein Ed.D.
      Free NLP Communications Course at http://www.nlpcopywriting.com
      http://overnight-copy.com
      Get Fit In Four Minuteshttp://just4minutes.com
      Learn how to build a Super Site Without SEO http://supersiteformula.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9152620].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
        Originally Posted by Harlan View Post

        I've been cranking out copy for your buddies for years and they lie their asses off about it.

        Buy me a bourbon some time and I'll tell you about it.
        HAhah.

        You owe me a story.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9153312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
    Cashflow - carefully consider what Dave is telling you. He's been knee-deep in this market for a very long time and knows what he's talking about.

    If your copy is generating cashflow to hire an A-Lister, don't neglect your own talent!

    Coaching with David Garfinkel or joining Carlton's mastermind will drop you right smack into the world where all the guys you want to emulate came from/spend their $.

    Food for thought.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnRussell
    Alternatively you could reach out to Eben Pagan. Maybe he has some spare time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9152253].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    harlan... forget just one bourbon... i'm coming up to boca and bringing some good israeli falafel and a whole bottle of it to find out whats up. :-)
    Signature

    “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9153662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davemiz
    you got a deal.
    Signature

    “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9154728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
    Cashflow,

    I'm in the niche and don't think we've met? PM me if you wanna connect. I won't be writing copy for you but can maybe introduce you to some guys who can.

    Okay, great copywriters in this market...

    Matt O'Connor - badass. Won't say what he's worked on out of respect because I don't know how private he wants to keep shit. But he's good.

    Colin Chung - also badass. Worked on Mehow's 3 Second Attraction and also Craig Miller's DecodeHerSignals.com (which BTW has gotten the best EPC for us of any affiliate stuff we've mailed.)

    Clemens and Haddad are great but they're running their own companies. Haddad consults though (how hard it is to get a spot I don't know, however.)

    You could reach out to Fran Rengel - he's the copy dude for the Social Man. Not sure if he freelances though.

    Jim Clair does emails etc for Tao and copy too I think. Also a great writer, and I know he does other stuff, but not sure if he'd take on an offer in the dating space (may have a non-compete clause?)

    If I were you I'd be talking to Colin and Matt first. Not that the other guys aren't good, just that I know them both and they're both freakin' brilliant. Both as copywriters and as people.

    Alex Ceskavich used to write a lot of copy for Altare Publishing (Vin di Carlo.) He's teamed up with a guy called Kory Basaraba now, and they're selective in clients, but they just did something for Alex Allman that seems to be kicking butt.

    So there are some names

    -Daniel

    P.S. I do a lot of Brad P's marketing, and our EPCs are kicking butt since we revamped our upsell funnels (lots of testing.) Get in touch if you want to do a test mailing - if we haven't already promoted your stuff (and it's high-quality and targeted toward men) it'd be great to test your offer to our list.
    Signature

    Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9169076].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark Pescetti
      Originally Posted by Daniel Scott View Post

      Colin Chung - also badass. Worked on Mehow's 3 Second Attraction and also Craig Miller's DecodeHerSignals.com (which BTW has gotten the best EPC for us of any affiliate stuff we've mailed.)
      I can vouch for Colin too - both as a person AND his work.

      Can't go wrong with him.

      Mark
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9170684].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mario Castelli
        Because this niche is so competitive, a lot of product owners
        are secretive about who REALLY wrote their copy.

        I can't speak for anyone else, but I know Vin Montello had one that
        did over $250K in less than 3 days.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9171219].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashflow05420
      Originally Posted by Daniel Scott View Post

      Cashflow,

      I'm in the niche and don't think we've met? PM me if you wanna connect. I won't be writing copy for you but can maybe introduce you to some guys who can.

      Okay, great copywriters in this market...

      Matt O'Connor - badass. Won't say what he's worked on out of respect because I don't know how private he wants to keep shit. But he's good.

      Colin Chung - also badass. Worked on Mehow's 3 Second Attraction and also Craig Miller's DecodeHerSignals.com (which BTW has gotten the best EPC for us of any affiliate stuff we've mailed.)

      Clemens and Haddad are great but they're running their own companies. Haddad consults though (how hard it is to get a spot I don't know, however.)

      You could reach out to Fran Rengel - he's the copy dude for the Social Man. Not sure if he freelances though.

      Jim Clair does emails etc for Tao and copy too I think. Also a great writer, and I know he does other stuff, but not sure if he'd take on an offer in the dating space (may have a non-compete clause?)

      If I were you I'd be talking to Colin and Matt first. Not that the other guys aren't good, just that I know them both and they're both freakin' brilliant. Both as copywriters and as people.

      Alex Ceskavich used to write a lot of copy for Altare Publishing (Vin di Carlo.) He's teamed up with a guy called Kory Basaraba now, and they're selective in clients, but they just did something for Alex Allman that seems to be kicking butt.

      So there are some names

      -Daniel

      P.S. I do a lot of Brad P's marketing, and our EPCs are kicking butt since we revamped our upsell funnels (lots of testing.) Get in touch if you want to do a test mailing - if we haven't already promoted your stuff (and it's high-quality and targeted toward men) it'd be great to test your offer to our list.
      Wow- what an amazingly helpful post! Thanks a ton, i will get in contact with them asap

      PS: I will send you a PM with my details
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9176675].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
        Vin Montello just messaged me to say he has 2 controls in this market currently. With that said...

        1) I don't know everyone and every control - my list was just the ones I know. I don't know which ones Vin has written so can't comment on that - either he will post here or you can get in touch correctly.

        2) I may have left out some people, it's not an exhaustive list.

        3) Vin's badass and is definitely worth contacting.

        -Daniel
        Signature

        Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9181296].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Daniel Scott View Post

      Cashflow,

      I'm in the niche and don't think we've met? PM me if you wanna connect. I won't be writing copy for you but can maybe introduce you to some guys who can.

      Okay, great copywriters in this market...

      Matt O'Connor - badass. Won't say what he's worked on out of respect because I don't know how private he wants to keep shit. But he's good.

      Colin Chung - also badass. Worked on Mehow's 3 Second Attraction and also Craig Miller's DecodeHerSignals.com (which BTW has gotten the best EPC for us of any affiliate stuff we've mailed.)

      Clemens and Haddad are great but they're running their own companies. Haddad consults though (how hard it is to get a spot I don't know, however.)

      You could reach out to Fran Rengel - he's the copy dude for the Social Man. Not sure if he freelances though.

      Jim Clair does emails etc for Tao and copy too I think. Also a great writer, and I know he does other stuff, but not sure if he'd take on an offer in the dating space (may have a non-compete clause?)

      If I were you I'd be talking to Colin and Matt first. Not that the other guys aren't good, just that I know them both and they're both freakin' brilliant. Both as copywriters and as people.

      Alex Ceskavich used to write a lot of copy for Altare Publishing (Vin di Carlo.) He's teamed up with a guy called Kory Basaraba now, and they're selective in clients, but they just did something for Alex Allman that seems to be kicking butt.

      So there are some names

      -Daniel

      P.S. I do a lot of Brad P's marketing, and our EPCs are kicking butt since we revamped our upsell funnels (lots of testing.) Get in touch if you want to do a test mailing - if we haven't already promoted your stuff (and it's high-quality and targeted toward men) it'd be great to test your offer to our list.
      Wheres the affiliate program for DecodeHerSignals as I'm having difficulty finding out which platform it's on?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9821773].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Scott
        Brett is running his affiliate promo via his Infusionsoft account I think. You're best off contacting him directly if you wanna get in on it.
        Signature

        Always looking for badass direct-response copywriters. PM me if we don't know each other and you're looking for work.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9821807].message }}

Trending Topics