My goal is to learn more about marketing online as well as copywriting.
What I'm posting below is going to be my swipe file page. At first, it started as a rather bland page talking about the swipes and their uses and would eventually link to various swipes I've ran across and copied out for myself.
But after my last go round I decided I may as well use each page as a sort of letter in itself. To use each page as an actual practice for writing compelling copy.
Let me know what you think.
Can you imagine what it would it be like to have uninterrupted access to some of the greatest copywriting minds in history? What could you accomplish if the masters were at your beck and call? With the Kings of Copywriting at your disposal, you can have the world hang on your every word while shoving fistfuls of dollars into your wallet.
That's what will happen when you use the information found on this page:
- Do you wish you could have people stepping over themselves to send you money simply because you told them to in just the right way? Watch as the greats weave a web of words, turning the tightest wallet into the Niagara Falls of cash flowing straight to the bank.
- Have you ever wondered what the gurus have that you don't? What makes them rake in sale after sale, seemingly with ease, while you struggle to get the few on your list to notice you exist? Learn how they craft letters allowing them to lead people into doing exactly as they say, when they say, making millions in the process.
Using the tools on this page, you'll learn to write in a way that will have people hanging onto your every word until you say "Buy Now". And they will.
Gary Halbert, considered by many as history's greatest copywriter, instructed his son to copy a series of letters by hand daily. It was his belief that doing so would help him learn how successful letters flow. Today, these types of letters are known as swipes.
So what are swipes, anyway?
They are collections of ads and letters that have found great success in the market place over the years. Ads and letters that have sold millions of dollars of products and services written by masters like Halbert, Joseph Sugarman, Robert Collier and more.
In other words, the best of the best of the best of the best. sir!
- The Original Family Coat-Of-Arms
- The Famous Dollar Bill Letter
- The Tova Ad
- The Amazing Blackjack Secret Of A Las Vegas Mystery Man
- And many more
Copying letters such as these can have you crafting words that sell before you know it. It's especially important when you are beginning and don't yet have a style of your own. The idea isn't to memorize their style and imitate it exclusively. Instead, take these styles, or pieces of each, and combine them until you create your own unique flavor.
Your style may change over time, but it's what will make you, you. What will set you apart from the rest in a world of clones.
So take these swipes and start copying them now. You will be amazed at how quickly your writing will improve.
And if you run across anything that fits the mold (or better yet, shatters it), by all means let me know. I'd love to copy it out for practice and add it to the collection for others to learn from as well.