The 3 words that can increase the conversion rate of your copy almost instantly!!!!

22 replies
So I have researched this stuff.

And I found out like 3 words that are badass.

When you use these words in a right manner you can literally increase your conversion rate by a ton.

So without further ado:-

These are the 3 words.

1. Imagine -

When you have a vision and want to sell somebody on that vision.
Whether it is to impact other people's lives, or to impact the world.

The Word imagine should be used, because when you say the word imagine it triggers the emotion of imagination instantly.

Now when I say the word imagine, i induced the emotion of imagination within you.

So imagine is a strong word.

2. You.

This is a powerful word as well.

The Word "you" also induces a emotion, an unique emotion.

When you say the word "you", the reader actually feels that you are speaking directly to him.

Unique blend somewhat induces a emotional response as well.

3. Because

This is a justifier statement.

When you use this word, it justifies that whatever you are saying is true.

These words effect people at an unconscious level.

At a level beyond the conscious mind.

Once you can convince the sub-conscious to buy something.

The person will buy that offer..........period!!!!

So in this way,
These 3 words are effective.

Hope you enjoyed the post
Abhinay Reddy (The Influence King)
#conversion #copy #increase #instantly #rate #words
  • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
    Poorly written and way oversold - but a useful post to the extent that those three words ARE influential when used in the right way, in the right place, at the right time.

    Context, dude... it's everything.

    Plopping "Imagine... You... Because..." into your copy isn't going to fix a message to market mismatch, or a shitty offer... or the wrong price... or any other number of things that hurt conversions.

    And four exclamation points doesn't make claiming they'll "increase the conversion rate of your copy almost instantly" any more accurate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9528891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Abhinay Reddy
      Hey Dude,

      I've just started posting stuff on here today.

      Will take some time to adapt to the warrior culture.

      And sorry for overselling and stuff.

      Ab
      Signature
      Get Free Access to the exact same traffic strategies that brings me in over 365,000 highly targeted visitors a day. www.therichnation.biz
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9528905].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BrianMcLeod
        Originally Posted by Abhinay Reddy View Post

        Hey Dude,

        I've just started posting stuff on here today.

        Will take some time to adapt to the warrior culture.

        And sorry for overselling and stuff.

        Ab
        No sweat, Ab.

        Your contributions are 100% welcome here and the meat of your post is good - sauce on the side though, please.

        You're in a room full of skilled writers and influencers.



        Best,

        Brian
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9528958].message }}
        • Abhinay,

          Welcome aboard!

          PS. We Eat Our Young Here! Thought you'd like to know.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9529440].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KreativCopy
            Originally Posted by ThePromotionalGuy View Post

            PS. We Eat Our Young Here! Thought you'd like to know.
            Not only their young
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9529495].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Raydal
        Originally Posted by Abhinay Reddy View Post

        Hey Dude,

        I've just started posting stuff on here today.

        Will take some time to adapt to the warrior culture.

        And sorry for overselling and stuff.

        Ab
        Not many people can make their first post on the Warrior Forum
        an advice post and expect to get away with it. I recall making a
        post when I just joined the community about how to protect your
        "thank you" page from thieves and one Warrior not only trashed
        my advice but 'reversed engineered' (I'm trying to make my advice
        sound impressive here) my strategy and posted my download
        page in the main forum. Of course I wasn't happy about it but
        I learned my lesson from there on.

        -Ray Edwards
        Signature
        The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9529523].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
        Originally Posted by Abhinay Reddy View Post

        Hey Dude,

        I've just started posting stuff on here today.

        Will take some time to adapt to the warrior culture.

        And sorry for overselling and stuff.

        Ab
        Nice display of humility, really.

        99% of the new posters can't take constructive criticism without crumbling like a paper cup.

        Welcome to the Copywriting forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9567759].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack Sarlo
      Originally Posted by BrianMcLeod View Post

      Poorly written and way oversold

      And four exclamation points doesn't make claiming they'll "increase the conversion rate of your copy almost instantly" any more accurate.
      and what's wrong with you?

      Thanks Abhinay nice tips...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9618692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abhinay Reddy
    Lol love the community.
    Signature
    Get Free Access to the exact same traffic strategies that brings me in over 365,000 highly targeted visitors a day. www.therichnation.biz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9529506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Memetics
    Originally Posted by Abhinay Reddy View Post

    3. Because

    This is a justifier statement.

    When you use this word, it justifies that whatever you are saying is true.

    These words effect people at an unconscious level.

    At a level beyond the conscious mind.

    Once you can convince the sub-conscious to buy something.
    The word "because" does work but you have the cart before the horse with this.

    The unconscious has already decided to buy as it's evaluated what it's seeing by the emotional valence of the copy. 300 milliseconds later the conscious mind decides whether to act on it or not.

    Sort of a "free won't" instead of a "free will".

    If it's something really important or has a lot of emotional salience, then it doesn't get a say (unless it's really good copy), but in a sales letter where your lulling the critical factor to sleep, then the word "because" does indeed operate as a "justifier".

    The reason why is: your mind is a pattern recognition machine with two major remits.

    1/ Moving away from bad things.
    2/ Moving towards good things.

    Until it's certain which box the situation goes into then it's in a state of confusion. The mind dislikes confusion as it could mean danger. That's why it likes it when it spots a pattern and correctly predicts what's going to happen next (which is why we like music).

    Using "because" works as a post hoc explanation for the structure of the pattern so that the critical factor doesn't have to "get out of bed" and analyse what's going on (it might decide to examine a few other things in the copy while it's up)

    "Confusion" is actually a good thing in that your'e eliciting an emotional response, but too much confusion can create shut down. If you want to use it correctly the the order is...

    1/ Attention.
    2/ Mild confusion.
    3/ Influencer.
    3/ Rationaliser.

    Don't use a rationaliser straight after the confusion as it's going straight to the emotional brain (which doesn't care about logic) it HAS to be an emotion otherwise you might as well be speaking a different language.

    NB It won't actually do any harm but it's like unlocking your front door then climbing in your house through the window.
    Signature

    First we believe.....then we consider.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9529512].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
      Originally Posted by Memetics View Post

      The word "because" does work but you have the cart before the horse with this.

      The unconscious has already decided to buy as it's evaluated what it's seeing by the emotional valence of the copy. 300 milliseconds later the conscious mind decides whether to act on it or not.

      Sort of a "free won't" instead of a "free will".

      If it's something really important or has a lot of emotional salience, then it doesn't get a say (unless it's really good copy), but in a sales letter where your lulling the critical factor to sleep, then the word "because" does indeed operate as a "justifier".

      The reason why is: your mind is a pattern recognition machine with two major remits.

      1/ Moving away from bad things.
      2/ Moving towards good things.

      Until it's certain which box the situation goes into then it's in a state of confusion. The mind dislikes confusion as it could mean danger. That's why it likes it when it spots a pattern and correctly predicts what's going to happen next (which is why we like music).

      Using "because" works as a post hoc explanation for the structure of the pattern so that the critical factor doesn't have to "get out of bed" and analyse what's going on (it might decide to examine a few other things in the copy while it's up)

      "Confusion" is actually a good thing in that your'e eliciting an emotional response, but too much confusion can create shut down. If you want to use it correctly the the order is...

      1/ Attention.
      2/ Mild confusion.
      3/ Influencer.
      3/ Rationaliser.

      Don't use a rationaliser straight after the confusion as it's going straight to the emotional brain (which doesn't care about logic) it HAS to be an emotion otherwise you might as well be speaking a different language.

      NB It won't actually do any harm but it's like unlocking your front door then climbing in your house through the window.
      Nicely put.

      You ought to post on here more often.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9567764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dhee
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9567218].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NickN
      Originally Posted by dhee View Post

      You and I are two words which always work ..
      And that's your best attempt at a link drop?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9567818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Pescetti
    I'm a big fan of... imagine.

    Future pacing can be a powerful tool... as Brian said... in the right context.

    It's a great way to inspire people and hook them into your message.

    And it's very effective in driving home the benefits your product or service ultimately offers.

    But you have to be strategic about where and how you use it.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9567870].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Memetics
      Future pacing can indeed be a powerful tool. The hard part is getting the prospect to future pace themselves into owning the product you're selling. Asking a reader to "imagine" something can have somewhat of a backfire effect due to people not liking being told what to do (especially if they're suspicious of sales pitches).

      There are ways however...

      When we write copy, what we are actually doing is triggering the reward centres of the prospect's brain. As the brain moves towards potential rewards it will make a decision to acquire what you're selling based on the strength of the potential reward.

      The bigger the reward the the easier it is to convince the prospect to convert.

      Although there are multiple decision making processes each with their own method of action selection, to simplify things you can parse it down (in copy) to two brain chemicals.

      Dopamine and the Opioids.

      Dopamine makes you want something. It activates the pleasure centre of the brain (the Nucleous Accumbens) and triggers an action selection to acquire the product.

      This is how normal copywriting works, it makes you want something.

      But why stop there? Lets amp it up a little...

      Opioids make you like something when you already own it, it's actually a more powerful motivator than Dopamine in creating an action potential, as we value things we already own more than things we don't.

      Here's a link Endowment effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      So..now you have activated a dopamine response in the brain with your eloquent prose, how do you trigger the opioids as well? Simply by future pacing the prospect into imagining they already own it.

      How you do this and avoid any resistance in the transition to a future pace is first; pace the prospects current reality. It's not too hard to do if you have researched your demographic.

      A quick pace for you dear reader is that, you're researching copywriting, if you're using a pc then your hand is resting on the mouse, if you're on a laptop then it's most likely on your lap or on a table and you're almost certainly sitting down when you read these words, and if you flick your eyes up you will see the words...

      [NEW FEATURE] Warrior Payments now has Sales Funnels with OTO upsells and downsells.

      Your reality is now paced.

      When pacing try to use words like "Perhaps" "Maybe" or "Possibly" to soften things just in case you're slightly off base anywhere.

      To transition from a current pace to a future one, the best method is what's called a "shift in referential index" When I write copy or persuasion literature I find the best time to do so is after having a long walk and some deep thought, as I feel the mind can get to work on your problem in the background, and then when you sit down it feels like you are watching yourself as an observer writing your own words.

      That paragraph above is a switch in referential index, at first I was talking about me, but read it again and you can see the second part is actually about you. Once you have achieved this part then carrying it over to a future pace about you is a cinch.

      But bear in mind Mark's words that it needs to be done strategically.
      Signature

      First we believe.....then we consider.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9572321].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author philfowler
        Originally Posted by Memetics View Post

        When we write copy, what we are actually doing is triggering the reward centres of the prospect's brain. As the brain moves towards potential rewards it will make a decision to acquire what you're selling based on the strength of the potential reward.

        The bigger the reward the the easier it is to convince the prospect to convert.
        That's a very strong point, and here's recent proof from my life:

        A couple weeks ago, a good friend of mine had just been told by his professor that he had written another wonderful paper. His professor went on to tell him that he should look into writing for a career, rather than the career in criminal justice that he's been pursuing. That sounds great for my friend, until the problem strikes his brain; I write his papers for him.

        So, we're out hunting elk and he tells me about this encounter. I look at all the evidence, all of the variables, and decide that it's worth looking into. A little bit of research later, and I find myself reading about copywriting careers on AWAI's website. Now, I'm never going to spend $500 on a book that isn't a first edition, so that course isn't happening. Regardless, their web copy still sold me on the idea of copywriting. Making a good living from home, tapping a resource I've always thought of as a hobby, and especially getting out of the routine of a structured employment.

        Which brought me here, typing this exact post.

        Cheers, Warriors.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9593233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RickDuris
    Bring it on. My three words convert better than your three words.

    Free. New. Instantly.

    I've done extensive testing on this. :\
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9572595].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
      Originally Posted by RickDuris View Post

      Bring it on. My three words convert better than your three words.

      Free. New. Instantly.

      I've done extensive testing on this. :
      This works better...
      myself plus 9 brothers and sisters have rigorously tested it
      over 55 years, it's effectiveness has never dropped off...

      and the 3 magic words are...

      LOVE YOU MOM

      C'mon Rick, I'm waiting for you to do better....
      oh I know how you'll do it...

      bigger words and in red.

      See what I done, pre-empted you, so if you do it,
      you'll look like a copycat and therefore taken out your advantage.



      Best,
      Doctor E. Vile
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9573106].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WebOutGateway
      Originally Posted by RickDuris View Post

      Bring it on. My three words convert better than your three words.

      Free. New. Instantly.

      I've done extensive testing on this. :
      I agree with this, FREE is the best word to use. people like free.
      NEW- people want something new. and People imagine all things INSTANTLY.
      In addition, my fave is:
      1. SAVE (up to)
      2. LIMITED (seats only)
      3. IMAGINE (you on the top).

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9618725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VinceRivers
    That's some really good stuff, guys. The future pacing info was great and I like that everybody seems to have their own "3 words".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9590575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Walker
    wow, this topic is full of helpful information, thanks anyway. I have just applied some from 14th post, it kinda works !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9593597].message }}

Trending Topics