Is Amazon FBA worth it? And are there other options?

17 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hey all,

Ok, so basically what I'm asking here is what are some other fulfillment options that you are aware of?

Yes I know I can Google it but I wanna know what YOU are using if any, and what is the cheapest options. (Google is just a bunch of b.s. anyway if you don't know how to spot a fake)

So what other systems operate like FBA that are descent?

Robert C --->
#amazon #fba #options #worth
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    I am fairly certain that Amazon is the largest online retailer/marketplace that exists. Of course a lot of people sell on ebay as well and that is also a very well established marketplace although it is somewhat different than Amazon.

    Remember that having an FBA business is much more than having a "fullfillment option". It amounts to having your inventory in front of a HUGE amount of buyer traffic on a customer friendly and highly trusted sight along with their excellent customer service. You get all that for the price of what IMO amounts to small fees and commissions to them.

    I have been working online for several years and setting up my FBA business was by far the best thing that I have done.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832276].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amcg
      I am fairly certain that Amazon is the largest online retailer/marketplace that exists. Of course a lot of people sell on ebay as well and that is also a very well established marketplace although it is somewhat different than Amazon.
      Not quite, Alibaba is by most measures the world's largest. Amazon for sure is the largest in the Western World however.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9833180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trinipirate
    nothing else gets your product the exposure it needs to fly off the shelves. go with FBA if you plan to list on amazon. if not, maybe you can find something else out there thats cheaper and has less rules . efulfillment has good reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkmoney
    Fba is good, you just have to understand the insane rules amazon has and their tendancy to copy your success and steal your views
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832614].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jdherko2588
      Originally Posted by Monkmoney View Post

      Fba is good, you just have to understand the insane rules amazon has and their tendancy to copy your success and steal your views
      YES! I am currently in the process of selling a PLR Product on amazon. My particular product category needs at least 50 sales, and 90 days activity on an account to even be considered for FBA.

      I already ordered my Product from the manufacturer, it shipped 2 days ago. I will be keep a daily journal on everything I need to do and problems I have. Once I successfully created an FBA account I will release it journal to the Forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832897].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bstalling48
        Originally Posted by Jdherko2588 View Post

        YES! I am currently in the process of selling a PLR Product on amazon. My particular product category needs at least 50 sales, and 90 days activity on an account to even be considered for FBA.

        I already ordered my Product from the manufacturer, it shipped 2 days ago. I will be keep a daily journal on everything I need to do and problems I have. Once I successfully created an FBA account I will release it journal to the Forum.
        what category is that?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9855011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert X
    Thanks, everyone,

    Yes I understand about the Amazon platform.
    However, let's say I have a major way to attract buyers that is NOT Amazon or eBay.

    Let's say I magically can generate 1000 orders a day or even a week by this magical
    formula.

    What are some other good fulfillment options. I'm not really wondering about Amazon's
    platform. I have been studying everything for a month and taking every course about
    Amazon and selling, importing, wholesale selling, drop shipping, and many others.

    I have a master plan that I am working on that requires nearly instant shipping. This is
    why I'm asking about fulfillment.

    Thanks,

    Robert C.
    Signature

    [

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832755].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kjamesnv
      You can either do it in house or outsource it.

      We ship 1000's of packages each month and its not a trivial task. It takes a lot of resources.

      There are lots of 3rd party logistics companies that can do this.




      Originally Posted by Robert X View Post

      Thanks, everyone,

      Yes I understand about the Amazon platform.
      However, let's say I have a major way to attract buyers that is NOT Amazon or eBay.

      Let's say I magically can generate 1000 orders a day or even a week by this magical
      formula.

      What are some other good fulfillment options. I'm not really wondering about Amazon's
      platform. I have been studying everything for a month and taking every course about
      Amazon and selling, importing, wholesale selling, drop shipping, and many others.

      I have a master plan that I am working on that requires nearly instant shipping. This is
      why I'm asking about fulfillment.

      Thanks,

      Robert C.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9833387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkmoney
    Like I said, if its a sweet idea and is successful amazon.will jump all over it and do it themselves

    But, it is hard to beat the eyes they get so in terms of fulfillment, amazon is the number 1 beast out there

    Another that generally comes up as amazon competitor is shipwire, which ive looked into and they seem really good, beyond them two I havent seen anything inpressive
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlinecommerce
    If you can fit your products into the Amazon requirements Amazon fulfillment for your 3rd party site is a good option as it is very reasonable cost wise. For a large amount of products you probably won't find cheaper fulfillment elsewhere. Even the other cheapest fullfillment services advertised online are not cheaper under many circumstances. Just be aware any inventory you keep with amazon must turn over within a year or else the storage fees increase 25x. If your inventory is going to sit there more then a year don't use Amazon.

    I have used shipwire before and found they had a very high error rate, picking the wrong products (I had 4 skus btw) or shipping to the wrong addresses. I have not used Amazon fulfillment before but I would believe it would be much lower due to their systems.

    If you have very light items ( only a few ounces ) that can be shipped first class mail other fulfillment services will be cheaper. Other items will end up being cheaper when shipped out by Amazon compared to other fulfillment companies.

    If you need any custom requirements you should look at local fulfillment companies. When I used shipwire before they charged an arm and a leg for simple tasks. For example they were going to charge me about $600 to take 500 very small items and pack them into 50 10 packs.

    So if Amazon appears to be a good fit it probably is your best option. If not check out local fulfillment companies. I don't recommend Shipwire as I had a very bad experience with them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9832864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert X
    Yeah, I know that shipping is a bass turd red headed step child.
    I used to ship phones from China to my house, sell them on ebay,
    and ship them all around the world. (You know what tho, I used
    to double my money no matter how much I spent.) What was I thinking
    to quit that! Anyway, I've grown to become lazy (haha, not really) I just love
    to automate processes. I want to do as little work as humanly possible! Why not?

    So that's why I am asking this question. To find the best, cheapest and most effective
    way to ship product with my lazy ass doing as little as possible. Sue me.

    Isn't this why we are all in this "online" business stuff anyway?
    To make money doing nothing? And I know what you're thinking,, this guy must be
    lazy, looking for the magic push button that spews money down on you. Well hell yeah!

    However, that is because I have an offline biz that allows me to be afford modern
    automation systems, software, and what have you. I'm an entrepreneur that built
    a great system to allow me to search and seek the holy grail of the online world.

    Thanks everyone. I hope you enjoy my B. S.

    Robert C.
    Signature

    [

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9839631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hbennick
    Google 'till you turn blue, I doubt you'll find a resource better than FBA for the services they provide.

    Originally Posted by Robert X View Post

    Hey all,

    Ok, so basically what I'm asking here is what are some other fulfillment options that you are aware of?

    Yes I know I can Google it but I wanna know what YOU are using if any, and what is the cheapest options. (Google is just a bunch of b.s. anyway if you don't know how to spot a fake)

    So what other systems operate like FBA that are descent?

    Robert C --->
    Signature
    Starting an Amazon business? Expanding your eBay line? Absolutely lost? Know your stuff, but need a little help? Please private message me, I can help. I've helped several people achieve their goals. There's no charge if I can't help you.
    Also, please check out my Advanced FaceBook Amazon FBA Mastermind Group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386831354951122/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9843240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SellerExpress
    Many of our customers benefit from Amazon FBA. They enjoy being being able to tap into Amazon's huge customer base, super-fast shipping and their excellent customer support. Sellers joining FBA should closely examine their prices and maintain good quantities of stock.
    Signature
    SellerExpress helps you manage your business on Amazon, Rakuten Play, eBay, Bigcommerce, ekmPowershop, Volusion and Magento.

    Get your free demo today.
    www.sellerexpress.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9845301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AaronBurton
    FBA is still HOT! You can still put up a item and sell out in a day if you do your product research correctly. I have friends who are making 1-60k a day on Amazon using FBA.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9850162].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bstalling48
      Originally Posted by AaronBurton View Post

      FBA is still HOT! You can still put up a item and sell out in a day if you do your product research correctly. I have friends who are making 1-60k a day on Amazon using FBA.
      how high are they ranked?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9855008].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWaters
      Originally Posted by AaronBurton View Post

      FBA is still HOT! .
      This is essentially saying "People still buy stuff on Amazon".

      A huge portion of what sells on Amazon is sold by third party sellers. I have heard about 45% or so. A significant number of those third party sellers are using the FBA business model.

      Knowing that people are buying goods on the internet and on Amazon in particular should indicate that FBA is definitely something to consider if you want to sell items online.
      Signature
      How I really Make Money With Amazon

      Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9870521].message }}

Trending Topics