Fulfillment by Amazon

17 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hi All,

Looking for any experienced warriors to offer advice on a good product describing FBA and the in's and out's of that business model.

I'm open to anything really, but would like to explore sourcing a physical product from somewhere (Alibaba.com, etc.) and then shipping to FBA for fulfillment.

Are there any good wso's or ebooks available that provide an education on this topic?

Or even better, if you are currently doing this and would be open to some light mentoring, that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris
#amazon #fulfillment
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    There is a lot of useful FBA resources out there and some on this forum. Personally I have never used Alibaba but I have often heard the suggestion to stay away from it as it can be tricky.

    There is a poster on this forum (I think he used the forum name ImportExport) who has some good experience and advise for importing from overseas countries such as China.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chackett
    Thanks for the response DWaters, I appreciate it.

    I have never actually made any purchases from Alibaba.com, and definitely have heard plenty of horror stories about getting scammed on Alibaba. I think skepticism is the key word when it comes to dealing with sellers there. Ideally I would like to work purely from personal referrals if I do anything there.

    Anyway, thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I'll continue searching the WSO and other threads for good materials. Hopefully someone can make some specific recommendations based on personal experience.

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Signature

    Direct Mail Fulfilment Services Nationwide
    Postcards, EDDM, Letters, wedding invitations
    Super Affordable - Enough for you to resell!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chackett
    Thanks ZanyZebra,

    I guess that's at least some validation about the general concept of sourcing products from somewhere like Alibaba.com and then reselling them through FBA.

    I'm still interested in any specifics that anyone can offer, either here in the thread or privately my PM if you prefer. I would love to hear about success stories or stumbling blocks. Or if you know of a product or WSO that is current and relevant that would be great.

    Thanks!
    Chris
    Signature

    Direct Mail Fulfilment Services Nationwide
    Postcards, EDDM, Letters, wedding invitations
    Super Affordable - Enough for you to resell!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    I agree with ZaneyZebra that FBA is one of the best things online for many folks. I can honestly say that setting up my FBA is the best and most profitable step I have taken when it comes to making money online. I am so glad I did it.

    On another thread I read the DHgate.com was a decent alternative to Alibaba. I have only recently starting looking at and I have yet to place any orders with thm but they might be worth your time to research them.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chackett
      Thanks DWaters,

      Following the links in your signature, I take it you're either a fan of or a member of the PAC course and other offerings from Jim Cockrum?

      I appreciate the additional validation that this is an approach that is working for some folks, but I am really looking for some specific guidance, either in the form of courses, WSO's, mentorship, membership sites, etc .. I really want to learn more about the specifics of this business model from some folks that have already gone down this path.

      Thanks again!
      Chris
      Signature

      Direct Mail Fulfilment Services Nationwide
      Postcards, EDDM, Letters, wedding invitations
      Super Affordable - Enough for you to resell!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131832].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DWaters
        Originally Posted by chackett View Post

        Thanks DWaters,

        Following the links in your signature, I take it you're either a fan of or a member of the PAC course and other offerings from Jim Cockrum?

        I appreciate the additional validation that this is an approach that is working for some folks, but I am really looking for some specific guidance, either in the form of courses, WSO's, mentorship, membership sites, etc .. I really want to learn more about the specifics of this business model from some folks that have already gone down this path.

        Thanks again!
        Chris
        IMO opinion one of the most valuable aspects of Jim Cockrum's program is the vary active forum of Amazon FBA sellers. There are a panel of expert moderators who are available to answer almost any question.

        After having my FBA business for two years that is still the place I turn to when I need a specific question answered.
        Signature
        How I really Make Money With Amazon

        Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10133392].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shellg
        Originally Posted by chackett View Post

        Thanks DWaters,

        Following the links in your signature, I take it you're either a fan of or a member of the PAC course and other offerings from Jim Cockrum?

        I appreciate the additional validation that this is an approach that is working for some folks, but I am really looking for some specific guidance, either in the form of courses, WSO's, mentorship, membership sites, etc .. I really want to learn more about the specifics of this business model from some folks that have already gone down this path.

        Thanks again!
        Chris
        Ive only been selling on eBay for a couple months and making good money on stuff I import from China but I want to sell on FBA when I can afford a good course.

        I am a fan of Jim Cockrums PAC cos Ive searched and searched and reckon its the best. Trouble is Ive got to make some more on eBay before I can get it. $299 is a lot for me just now. Any discounts Jim?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10136334].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jim Cockrum
          Originally Posted by Shellg View Post

          I am a fan of Jim Cockrums PAC cos Ive searched and searched and reckon its the best. Trouble is Ive got to make some more on eBay before I can get it. $299 is a lot for me just now. Any discounts Jim?

          Thanks Shellg, but $299 IS the discount price on the ProvenAmazonCourse. We have 30 moderators and support staff sharing a cut of that price...we SHOULD be charging about $1500 for it. The combined courses inside the ProvenAmazonCourse total up to a price tag of over $3000 if you add them all up based on what they cost before being added in to the PAC.

          It's worth the investment many times over for even ONE of the numerous modules inside.
          Signature
          ProvenAmazonCourse.com aka the "PAC" now includes the #1 "Private Label" training on the web (ProvenPrivateLabel.com)! We've been teaching "physical product" sales online since 2002 & we've accumulated over 1,000 success testimonials!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10136553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LaunchPurveyor
    They're some new courses that have sprung up in the last 6 months to 1 year other than ASM and Jim Cockrum's course including (not affiliate links):

    Marketplace Superheroes
    Import Empire
    FBA Headstart
    Signature
    [New WSO]
    Create Fully-Functional WordPress Sites In Mere SECONDS With
    Only A Few Clicks Of Your Mouse Using This Powerful WP Plugin!
    >> CLICK HERE <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131875].message }}
  • Originally Posted by chackett View Post

    Hi All,

    Looking for any experienced warriors to offer advice on a good product describing FBA and the in's and out's of that business model.

    I'm open to anything really, but would like to explore sourcing a physical product from somewhere (Alibaba.com, etc.) and then shipping to FBA for fulfillment.

    Are there any good wso's or ebooks available that provide an education on this topic?

    Or even better, if you are currently doing this and would be open to some light mentoring, that would be great.

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Here is a great Ebook you can read Ebook - Eglim in order to learn how to outsource products and perform initial market research on Amazon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10132801].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Importexport
      Originally Posted by DWaters View Post

      There is a lot of useful FBA resources out there and some on this forum. Personally I have never used Alibaba but I have often heard the suggestion to stay away from it as it can be tricky.

      There is a poster on this forum (I think he used the forum name ImportExport) who has some good experience and advise for importing from overseas countries such as China.
      Yes, DWaters, I have had a lifetime of experience in importing and exporting, specializing in importing since 1987.

      I have taught hundreds of people how to safely buy overseas and import the easy way. Alibaba would be one of the last places I would ever suggest as a place to go to source products if you want safe trading and high profits. In another post you suggest DHGate as a possibly decent alternative, but their reputation if anything is even worse than Alibaba's.

      Originally Posted by MarketResearchAmazon View Post

      Here is a great Ebook you can read Ebook - Eglim in order to learn how to outsource products and perform initial market research on Amazon.
      This book recommended by the seller of the book is like so many written by amateur "experts" who might know something helpful about marketing, but they simply recycle the bad advice about sourcing and importing that appears time and again on forums.

      I never say my book is great.

      I rely on my book users to do that for me, and there are many who have posted grateful comments on WF. I would be happy to point warriors to some of those posts if you want to see what actual users of my book say about it.
      Signature
      Don't just slap on a label. Build a GREAT BRAND https://Labelsthatexploit.com Safe sourcing and easy importing from 41 countries globally. https://provenglobalsourcing.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10132825].message }}
  • I second the suggestion to pay attention to what ImportExport shares. They seem very knowledgeable in that area.

    It may also be worth taking a look at the Amazon FBA forums. Lots of experienced folks in there as well. Why not ask them a couple questions too?

    Good luck,
    Tiana with ecomdash
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10133163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chackett
    Hello All,

    Thanks to everyone for the replies and links and suggestions, I appreciate it.

    After doing some more reading, it seems what I would like to learn first is how to do quality product / market research to learn what kinds of products are moving well at Amazon. Reading through the sales materials and posts by ImportExport, it seems they do not cover at all the market research / product selection process. Rather they will teach you how to source products from overseas once you have a product or product category in mind.

    With all that said, how are people doing quality, accurate product research for what's selling at Amazon? Are there tools or specific metrics that people are looking for when selecting potential products?

    Thanks!
    Chris
    Signature

    Direct Mail Fulfilment Services Nationwide
    Postcards, EDDM, Letters, wedding invitations
    Super Affordable - Enough for you to resell!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10135323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Importexport
      Originally Posted by chackett View Post

      Hello All,

      Thanks to everyone for the replies and links and suggestions, I appreciate it.

      After doing some more reading, it seems what I would like to learn first is how to do quality product / market research to learn what kinds of products are moving well at Amazon. Reading through the sales materials and posts by ImportExport, it seems they do not cover at all the market research / product selection process. Rather they will teach you how to source products from overseas once you have a product or product category in mind.

      With all that said, how are people doing quality, accurate product research for what's selling at Amazon? Are there tools or specific metrics that people are looking for when selecting potential products?

      Thanks!
      Chris
      @Chris, you are quite right. My book does not deal with marketing or market research. That is why I recommend people get a good training course if they don't have the experience or knowledge to handle the selling side from scratch.

      Product sourcing and importing is the easy part. Selling is the hard part.

      I agree with DWaters and Shellg about PAC.
      Signature
      Don't just slap on a label. Build a GREAT BRAND https://Labelsthatexploit.com Safe sourcing and easy importing from 41 countries globally. https://provenglobalsourcing.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10136346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    I use camelcamelcamel.com for a lot of my research. It give the sales history and the sales rank history for products that have sold on Amazon. You can select various time frames such as the last three monthe, six months, all time etc.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10135772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    I am not certain but I think Jim's PAC course can be paid in three monthly installments ???
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137306].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chackett
      Originally Posted by DWaters View Post

      I am not certain but I think Jim's PAC course can be paid in three monthly installments ???
      It can .. the sales pages that I have seen all offer a 3 payment plan.
      Signature

      Direct Mail Fulfilment Services Nationwide
      Postcards, EDDM, Letters, wedding invitations
      Super Affordable - Enough for you to resell!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10137845].message }}

Trending Topics