What's your biggest pain doing Amazon FBA business ?

8 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hi
i'm a FBA seller myself and recently i and my team wanna build a software to help our and other sellers business.

My goal is to learn about the biggest pains you have running your business and to solve a big problem that will make your life easier.

What are your biggest frustrations with managing your business? Love to hear back from you, even if it's only one sentence.

Be well,
Nick
#amazon #biggest #business #fba #pain
  • Profile picture of the author gange10
    My biggest pain is understanding and working out what product sold via SC. If you have ten or so products working its hard to "manage" sales.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10338635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    I am not sure if this answers what you are asking about but perhaps the biggest issue is finding good (profitable) sources of products, of course. Often I will go to so called "wholesale" sites, search for various products, then go and find that same item on Amazon and find that Amazon's prices are about the same, slightly above or even below the so-called whole sale price.


    How can you be a legitimate wholesales if you are selling at retail price? I end up wasting my time because of this.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10345614].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Importexport
      Originally Posted by DWaters View Post

      I am not sure if this answers what you are asking about but perhaps the biggest issue is finding good (profitable) sources of products, of course. Often I will go to so called "wholesale" sites, search for various products, then go and find that same item on Amazon and find that Amazon's prices are about the same, slightly above or even below the so-called whole sale price.

      How can you be a legitimate wholesales if you are selling at retail price? I end up wasting my time because of this.
      Buying from wholesalers means you are paying them a margin over what they paid the manufacturer. That margin can be very substantial.

      Buying direct from local manufacturers is often a pain, but buying direct from overseas manufacturers is easy. They want your business and you don't have to tell them what you had for breakfast before they will deal with you.

      Profit margins can be very high, but you must find the real manufacturers, and that is not easy to do among the thousands of traders masquerading as manufacturers on the popular and most widely used B2B sites.

      I have taught hundreds how to safely source from genuine manufacturers and how to import the easy way without having to learn all the rules and regulations.

      Walter Hay
      "If you think education is expensive - consider the cost of ignorance."
      Signature
      Use emotions and perceptions to build a great brand. Ask me about my book LabelsThatExploit. For safe sourcing and easy importing from 41 countries globally, see https://provenglobalsourcing.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10345805].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Oziboomer
        Originally Posted by Importexport View Post

        Buying from wholesalers means you are paying them a margin over what they paid the manufacturer. That margin can be very substantial.

        Buying direct from local manufacturers is often a pain, but buying direct from overseas manufacturers is easy. They want your business and you don't have to tell them what you had for breakfast before they will deal with you.
        Walter Hay
        It amazes me that people think they can look at Western facing websites and think that they can get to where the real manufacturers sell at their best prices.

        western facing = western prices

        Maybe not from an FBA perspective but there are a few instances where people I'm close to sell a wide variety of product and they find they get spied on quite a lot by prospective competitors and they find they have a competitor springing up every other day who has just looked at what they have done successfully and then they just undercut price.

        I love it when I hear someone tell me...oh I make it...or we make it...and then they tell you it will be 5-8 days to get an sample together....

        ...or when they say...oh...I mean't my relative makes it.

        I'm sure Walter's advice comes from working on the coalface and many people can learn from that experience.

        One thing many people don't realise that when there is something that is hot...if you are chasing trends...say like the self-tying water bombs .... you've got about 3 months to make your money.

        Finding less than glamourous or hot products with a longer lifespan is more prudent and going the slow and steady route is better for beginners because capitalising on the fast stuff takes experience and then some.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10346871].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Importexport
          Originally Posted by Oziboomer View Post

          It amazes me that people think they can look at Western facing websites and think that they can get to where the real manufacturers sell at their best prices.

          western facing = western prices

          Maybe not from an FBA perspective but there are a few instances where people I'm close to sell a wide variety of product and they find they get spied on quite a lot by prospective competitors and they find they have a competitor springing up every other day who has just looked at what they have done successfully and then they just undercut price.

          I love it when I hear someone tell me...oh I make it...or we make it...and then they tell you it will be 5-8 days to get an sample together....

          ...or when they say...oh...I mean't my relative makes it.

          I'm sure Walter's advice comes from working on the coalface and many people can learn from that experience.

          One thing many people don't realise that when there is something that is hot...if you are chasing trends...say like the self-tying water bombs .... you've got about 3 months to make your money.

          Finding less than glamourous or hot products with a longer lifespan is more prudent and going the slow and steady route is better for beginners because capitalising on the fast stuff takes experience and then some.
          Thanks @Oziboomer for some of the most practical, down to earth advice I have seen on this forum for a long time.
          • The great majority of questions about product sourcing posted in the eCommerce section are by people chasing hot products.
          • The great majority of suggestions about product sourcing posted in the eCommerce section are by people talking about finding hot products.
          I get those questions every day but one of the important things I include in my book is how to find products that are not hot. I can't help people choose the products, that's for marketers like Jim Cockrum with his PAC to do, but once people decide on something to sell, I can teach them how to source it.


          Walter Hay.
          "If you think education is expensive - consider the cost of ignorance."
          Signature
          Use emotions and perceptions to build a great brand. Ask me about my book LabelsThatExploit. For safe sourcing and easy importing from 41 countries globally, see https://provenglobalsourcing.com
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10349471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seantrepreneur
    To answer your question, I think the HUGE issue right now is the reporting delay in Amazon's Campaign Manger. It's insane that it takes days for things to get straightened out so you can actually see what the real numbers are.

    I don't know if it would be possible to build a solution for that though. If you could, it would fly of the shelves! Sellers could make advertising decisions A LOT faster and save/make a lot more money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10347207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author enodenolc
    My biggest pain is dealing with damaged merchandise. Sometimes there are shipments that come in from china and it ends up being damaged beyond any usage. Also there is always the fear of the ban hammer from Amazon.. we are all at their mercy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10347673].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FBAJesse
      Shipping problems. There are always shipping problems. I wish I could just drive my pallets to Amazon myself!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10349442].message }}

Trending Topics