What is the best CHEAP e-commerce platform

24 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hi there,

Please recommend the cheapest e-commerce platform you know, with the possibility to add an unlimited amount of products. I like it to be hosted by that company, so not using my own servers.

Thanks in advance
#cheap #ecommerce #platform
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    They all start at about $29/month. Shopify is probably the easiest to use.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allegandro
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      They all start at about $29/month. Shopify is probably the easiest to use.
      Thanks Dave for your input.

      Shopify has limitations in a number of products. I think 15.000 is the maximum. I like to start with 50.000 and growing to 2.000.000 in the future.
      Signature
      www.DoeeX.com Do it - Do Extra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191636].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        What is the best CHEAP e-commerce Platform
        Originally Posted by allegandro View Post

        Thanks Dave for your input.

        Shopify has limitations in a number of products. I think 15.000 is the maximum. I like to start with 50.000 and growing to 2.000.000 in the future.



        So you're basically Amazon with no budget?

        Lets be real. - Dr Phil
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193276].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author allegandro
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          So you're basically Amazon with no budget?

          Lets be real. - Dr Phil
          In comparison with Amazon, I have no budget.
          In comparison with 99.9% of the other warrior members, I have a huge budget.

          I already dominate the market in my niche in my country, I just want to know if somebody knows a cheap provider of e-commerce software that can handle a large volume of products. Shopify CAN'T!!

          Simple question, for people that can read.
          Signature
          www.DoeeX.com Do it - Do Extra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    I would replace "cheap" (fear-based aka fear to spend aka not a good energy ) to "respected." Or something like that
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph inspires you to be a successful blogger with his courses, 100 plus eBooks, audio books and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rbates
    If you try to begin with 50,000 items, then you will be spending all of
    your time finding things to sell. Not everything is worth selling.

    Do you even know what you want to sell?
    Do you have some "Niche" market to which you want to market?
    Do you know how to write ads?
    Do you understand how to target ads?
    Since you don't want to spend any money,
    where will you place your ads - FOR CHEAP?

    I would think that you might have some idea of how this marketing
    thing works as you have been around for a few of years, and have
    obviously given out marketing advice. E-commerce is slightly
    different in that you are dealing with a lot of physical products at once,
    and not concepts and strategies that no one understands or can follow.
    (my cynical side coming out again).

    Also, when selling physical products, people may already know
    what they want. If you have it, they will buy it (if your price is right).
    Customers can also see what they are getting (usually).

    Unlike some traffic e-course where the customer has no idea of what
    they are getting, If you can offer the same thing, at a better price than
    the "Other Guy", why would someone want to buy from the "Other Guy"?
    Okay, they just might buy from the "Other Guy" because they don't
    know anything about you, and this other site has a great reputation.
    (Just something else to consider before adding your 50 thousand items.)

    The above questions are but a few of many that you need to be asking
    yourself even before you begin thinking about some e-commerce platform.

    As far as e-commerce platforms go, I doubt that you will find
    a platform that will host for you and not charge anything. That's silly.
    IF (Big If) you did happen to find such a platform, I can almost
    guarantee you that you will not be able to put up your 50,000 items.
    They will also have garbage for support and hosting.

    There are a lot of things that are free on the internet, but most things
    that are worth having are worth a few bucks.

    Shopify was already mentioned, and they are probably your
    best bet for a hosted platform. There are good, free, platforms if you
    are willing to host them on your own site - if you have one.

    Your thinking is going to lead you to buying a bunch of promises
    from other marketers who will sell you e-commerce crap, but have
    never even touched anything "E-commerce".

    So, all that said, and you probably won't be reading it anyway, I do
    have one suggestion. If I am not mistaken, Wix (free hosting) may
    offer a free e-commerce site also. You won't have 50K items,
    but I think that once you find out how much work it is to find and
    and promote even 50 items, then you won't be too put out
    with the smaller numbers.

    Always remember that you can always expand your operation.
    This is true in any marketing arena. The trick is to find out what
    sells, and push it. While that is selling, you are trying to find
    out your next item that is going to make it big.
    All that takes a bit of testing and tweaking, but then I think
    you know that already.

    Sorry, I guess I'm sidetracked. I must be talking about marketing
    and not e-commerce platforms.


    Originally Posted by ryanbiddulph View Post

    I would replace "cheap" (fear-based aka fear to spend aka not a good energy ) to "respected." Or something like that
    Ryan, I really think that he does mean "Cheap"!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11191895].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allegandro
      Originally Posted by rbates View Post

      If you try to begin with 50,000 items, then you will be spending all of
      your time finding things to sell. Not everything is worth selling.

      Do you even know what you want to sell?
      Do you have some "Niche" market to which you want to market?
      Do you know how to write ads?
      Do you understand how to target ads?
      Since you don't want to spend any money,
      where will you place your ads - FOR CHEAP?

      I would think that you might have some idea of how this marketing
      thing works as you have been around for a few of years, and have
      obviously given out marketing advice. E-commerce is slightly
      different in that you are dealing with a lot of physical products at once,
      and not concepts and strategies that no one understands or can follow.
      (my cynical side coming out again).

      Also, when selling physical products, people may already know
      what they want. If you have it, they will buy it (if your price is right).
      Customers can also see what they are getting (usually).

      Unlike some traffic e-course where the customer has no idea of what
      they are getting, If you can offer the same thing, at a better price than
      the "Other Guy", why would someone want to buy from the "Other Guy"?
      Okay, they just might buy from the "Other Guy" because they don't
      know anything about you, and this other site has a great reputation.
      (Just something else to consider before adding your 50 thousand items.)

      The above questions are but a few of many that you need to be asking
      yourself even before you begin thinking about some e-commerce platform.

      As far as e-commerce platforms go, I doubt that you will find
      a platform that will host for you and not charge anything. That's silly.
      IF (Big If) you did happen to find such a platform, I can almost
      guarantee you that you will not be able to put up your 50,000 items.
      They will also have garbage for support and hosting.

      There are a lot of things that are free on the internet, but most things
      that are worth having are worth a few bucks.

      Shopify was already mentioned, and they are probably your
      best bet for a hosted platform. There are good, free, platforms if you
      are willing to host them on your own site - if you have one.

      Your thinking is going to lead you to buying a bunch of promises
      from other marketers who will sell you e-commerce crap, but have
      never even touched anything "E-commerce".

      So, all that said, and you probably won't be reading it anyway, I do
      have one suggestion. If I am not mistaken, Wix (free hosting) may
      offer a free e-commerce site also. You won't have 50K items,
      but I think that once you find out how much work it is to find and
      and promote even 50 items, then you won't be too put out
      with the smaller numbers.

      Always remember that you can always expand your operation.
      This is true in any marketing arena. The trick is to find out what
      sells, and push it. While that is selling, you are trying to find
      out your next item that is going to make it big.
      All that takes a bit of testing and tweaking, but then I think
      you know that already.

      Sorry, I guess I'm sidetracked. I must be talking about marketing
      and not e-commerce platforms.

      Ryan, I really think that he does mean "Cheap"!
      Let me start to compliment you, that you took the time to write a long reply, it means in some kind of way you care about a person that you don't know anything about.

      But that is the only compliment I can give you because I never did read such a BS reply in my life. Clearly, you have no idea who I'm, what I do and what my budgets are. So I advise you the following, the next time you take your time to advise a person, make sure you understand the question and the person.

      Now, to do you a pleasure, I will answer some of your questions, just for you to understand that your reply doesn't make any sense.

      Do you even know what you want to sell?
      Yes I do

      Do you have some "Niche" market to which you want to market?
      Yes, and I already dominate that market in my country with my websites.

      Do you know how to write ads?
      Yes I do, I also have 2 content writers working full time for me.

      Do you understand how to target ads?
      Very well, for example, I pay never more than 1 cent per click on FB.

      Since you don't want to spend any money,
      where will you place your ads - FOR CHEAP?
      FB, Google, Retargeting, large emails, Instagram, affiliate, and so on.

      My only question was, does somebody know cheap web shop software, that can handle 50K products. So if you're able to answer that, please be my guest and give me some advice.
      Signature
      www.DoeeX.com Do it - Do Extra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11192028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Actually, your question said "unlimited products". I can only go by what each of the big platforms I mentioned state on their pricing pages. That is, "unlimited products". We've never built a website with 50,000+ products because we build individual niche websites and none of those true niches has even one tenth that number of products. In other words, we have never hit the limit on "unlimited" (until now, I would have thought that would be like trying to reach the end of infinity or the end of the universe).
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11192221].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allegandro
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      Actually, your question said "unlimited products". I can only go by what each of the big platforms I mentioned state on their pricing pages. That is, "unlimited products". We've never built a website with 50,000+ products because we build individual niche websites and none of those true niches has even one tenth that number of products. In other words, we have never hit the limit on "unlimited" (until now, I would have thought that would be like trying to reach the end of infinity or the end of the universe).
      True.

      I will start with 50.000, growing to 200.000 or even 2.000.000.
      Unlimited is only in theory possible.
      Signature
      www.DoeeX.com Do it - Do Extra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11192473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnVianny
    Shopify is free for trial then cheap.

    BUT you know that you have to pay to drive traffic to that platform?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11192836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
      Originally Posted by Connann View Post

      Shopify is free for trial then cheap.

      BUT you know that you have to pay to drive traffic to that platform?
      You do not NEED to pay to drive traffic to any platform. You can drive it via social marketing and SEO efforts. You may want faster results, in which case you would pay for advertising, but that is no different for Shopify than any other website platform.
      Signature
      StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
      My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11193136].message }}
  • i think amazon is one of the best online shopping hub . quuality product at genuine price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11194051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel+
    How about Shopify?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11194571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cathy Cone
    I like using Shopify. You can start with $29/mo plan. They also have 14-day free trial so you can try it for free and see how it goes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11196157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jessica Bruce
    ShopyGen is the cheapest and affordable in current industry. By using it's Gencart software you can add unlimited no of products. Hope it helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11197936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nickyz1
    Instamojo is for free you don't need to pay anything
    Signature

    Make $100 to $500 a day by trading bitcoin free video. Watch a free video and start earning with your bitcoins today

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11197958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jessica Bruce
      Free? Did you mean that they'll build an eCommerce for free? Lol.. No marketplace software is free in this industry.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11202860].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lemosys
    The best cheap e-commerce platform is Shopify. It is one of the leading shopping cart tools aiming to serve the market at very affordable rates. Actually, it is nothing but an app store that makes it simple to increase the abilities of your default web shop.
    Signature

    Lemosys Infotech is the leading website development company in India, We are team of dedicated web developer. Hire us to get high level IT services for your Business.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11198143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stephen Penn
    Hi i was reading through but nobody mentioned magento. This means it isnt cheap.right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11198417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author korekuping
    wordpress+woocommerce = Free and good
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11201462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yevheniia Jane
    As one of the world's leading ecommerce platforms, with 100 million shoppers in 2016, Shopify has all tools to sell online, on social media, or in person. The key to making your web store successful outside the core Shopify functionality, lies in apps, add-ons and integrations.
    Here information about cost, I do not know is it cheap or not for you.
    https://easyerp.com/blog/how-much-shopify-store-cost/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11201785].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11202057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abserve Tech
    Actually, your question said "unlimited products". I can only go by what each of the big platforms I mentioned state on their pricing pages. That is, "unlimited products". We've never built a website with 50,000+ products because we build individual niche websites and none of those true niches has even one tenth that number of products. In other words, we have never hit the limit on "unlimited" (until now, I would have thought that would be like trying to reach the end of infinity or the end of the universe).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11226262].message }}
  • Shopify Is the Best Option You'll Get a 60 days trial To run your business which i think are enough.
    shopify is easy to use and there are many plugins to fully automate your store.
    so for me its SHOPIFY
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11242241].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics