Combining eBay, Affiliate Marketing, Amazon FBA, and drop shipping (e.g. Shopify)

4 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hello warriors,


Is it possible to combine eBay, Affiliate Marketing, Amazon FBA, and drop shipping (e.g. Shopify) where they complement each other to produce an effective online e-commerce combination, or are they all separate entities where you're either do one or the other? Just a lingering question


eGrizzly.
#affiliate #amazon #combining #drop #ebay #fba #marketing #shipping #shopify
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    It is definitely possible to accomplish all of that with one website. However, as far as affiliate marketing is concerned, it depends what you are talking about.

    If you are talking about having affiliates promote your website and you pay them commissions for links that lead to sales, that's easy. They are just another marketing arm of your business.

    If you are talking about having affiliate links on your website that take people off-site to purchase things, it is a bit tricky because when they leave your site to make a purchase, they may never come back and buy the other stuff on your site. If, for instance, they are taken to Amazon, a whole lot of the things you are selling on your site may be available at Amazon and, while you'll get a very small affiliate commission on those other items, it will not be close to the money you would have made through your own fulfillment or dropshipping. In that case, we really do not recommend this sort of hybrid model. It is better to make the sale on your site and then, in the Thank You For Your Order email, recommend some of the things that are on the affiliate site.
    Signature
    FREE ONLINE COURSE- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11235358].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author egrizzly
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      It is definitely possible to accomplish all of that with one website. However, as far as affiliate marketing is concerned, it depends what you are talking about.

      If you are talking about having affiliates promote your website and you pay them commissions for links that lead to sales, that's easy. They are just another marketing arm of your business.

      If you are talking about having affiliate links on your website that take people off-site to purchase things, it is a bit tricky because when they leave your site to make a purchase, they may never come back and buy the other stuff on your site. If, for instance, they are taken to Amazon, a whole lot of the things you are selling on your site may be available at Amazon and, while you'll get a very small affiliate commission on those other items, it will not be close to the money you would have made through your own fulfillment or dropshipping. In that case, we really do not recommend this sort of hybrid model. It is better to make the sale on your site and then, in the Thank You For Your Order email, recommend some of the things that are on the affiliate site.


      ok, thanks for providing some perspective on this with your feedback. during my research reading blogs and watching youtube videos, the same experts who promoted FBA where also promoting Affiliate marketing and drop shipping which would easily lead someone to believe that somewhere down the line operating them all together would be beneficial.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11235751].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
        Originally Posted by egrizzly View Post

        ok, thanks for providing some perspective on this with your feedback. during my research reading blogs and watching youtube videos, the same experts who promoted FBA where also promoting Affiliate marketing and drop shipping which would easily lead someone to believe that somewhere down the line operating them all together would be beneficial.
        There are many different ways to make money online. That doesn't mean all of those ways can be used for the same website. We have sites that use fulfilment centers, we have other sites that use the affiliate model and the bulk of our websites use the dropship model. None of our sites use two or all three of the methods together.
        Signature
        FREE ONLINE COURSE- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way!
        My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11236531].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author egrizzly
          Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

          There are many different ways to make money online. That doesn't mean all of those ways can be used for the same website. We have sites that use fulfilment centers, we have other sites that use the affiliate model and the bulk of our websites use the dropship model. None of our sites use two or all three of the methods together.
          cool. thanks dave.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11236720].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics