A few questions from a noob at Drop shipping

by Qqxx
12 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hi all,


Anyway here is what I have accomplished thus far in order:

1 - Registered as a Sole Proprietor in Ontario
2 - Registered my business name and obtained a business # as a result
3 - Registered my domain name

At this point can I use the above information to contact a supplier for drop shipping or should I complete a e-commerce site through shopify (i am choosing this route as it's easier for me right now rather then a custom e-commerce site)?
#dsing #noob #questions
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DripRevenue
    Do you know what niche you are going into yet? I would start by contacting suppliers related to my niche and pick the best one to go with. You obviously want someone who is reliable, has a large amount of supply so you do not have to worry about running out of products to sell, and will ship out the products relatively quick. Somewhere between 2-5 business days for shipping is your ultimate goal. You can thank Amazon Prime for that. Today, people are so used to getting their items within 2 days of purchasing.

    I have used Shopify many times in the past and I think you are choosing the best platform to run on. For a beginner, it was very easy for me to navigate and I could set up my stores exactly how I wanted them. If you end up wondering which theme to use for your Shopify store, I would look into the Shopify Booster Theme. Just to warn you, it is a little pricey. But, I think it is one of the best themes to go with. It comes with a lot of additives that will save you money later on when looking for different kinds of apps to add to your store.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Qqxx
    Hi Drip,

    Thanks for the reply.

    Yes I have decided on a niche.

    Due to my lack of technical skill with web design and e-commerce, I anticipate setting up the "full" site on Shopify taking a long time unless I pay someone to assist along the way.

    Am I able to successfully contact wholesalers with my business number (B.I.N.) and NO ready website?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341525].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DripRevenue
      Originally Posted by Qqxx View Post

      Hi Drip,

      Thanks for the reply.

      Yes I have decided on a niche.

      Due to my lack of technical skill with web design and e-commerce, I anticipate setting up the "full" site on Shopify taking a long time unless I pay someone to assist along the way.

      Am I able to successfully contact wholesalers with my business number (B.I.N.) and NO ready website?
      You should be able to contact them since you have a business number. I don't think it really matters if you have your website ready or not.

      Regarding setting up your Shopify store, it isn't going to take you a few days to set up. Only just a few hours. Your site will develop over time when you keep adding items onto your store. Shopify is very easy to use. I keep rearranging my sites to my liking and it does not take me a long time to do.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342154].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Qqxx
        Originally Posted by DripRevenue View Post

        You should be able to contact them since you have a business number. I don't think it really matters if you have your website ready or not.

        Regarding setting up your Shopify store, it isn't going to take you a few days to set up. Only just a few hours. Your site will develop over time when you keep adding items onto your store. Shopify is very easy to use. I keep rearranging my sites to my liking and it does not take me a long time to do.
        Thanks again Drip.

        I will give it a shot. Im still brand new to all this but excited.

        Hopefully you dont mind if I message you in the future with some questions.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342221].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eathan
    One of the downsides to drop shipping is you wind up paying higher processing rates and eating chargebacks when your shipper goes out of stock or is slow to ship.

    There's a company I've been working with though, that does things a little differently. Not only do they ship, they also handle the cart, the money and the customer service, plus they eat any chargebacks.

    Another advantage is they carry name brand product, shipped from US distributors, so the product gets there pretty quickly, unlike all the aliexpress backed shopify sites.

    They currently only offer a Wordpress store plugin, but a Shopify plugin is promised for the near future. So far I've not done much with it, aside from drop my ink prices to floor so I can buy cheap printer ink (one of their product lines). I print a lot of packing slips for my ecommerce business, so it's hard to beat $11 toner...

    Anyway, the site is whalop.com (yeah, goofy spelling).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Qqxx
    Thanks Eathan. Will keep that in mind.

    Considering Whalop can't be applied to Shopify yet I won't be able to use it (just yet) because I do not know how to use Wordpress.

    Is Wordpress useful for dropshipping in comparison to others?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Qqxx
    Additional question:

    If I am registered as a Sole Proprietor in Ontario, and have a business number (BIN) can a Corporation use the same business name as me??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11341558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author esaiyed
    When I started dropshipping, I chose shopifiy and still use it year and a half later. Their robust interface makes it so easy for anyone to use. Also. as you test new products to find your winners. transitioning into clickfunnels with shopify increases conversion rates. So yea definitely start with shopify.

    Another thing to keep in mind is that you want consistently test products everyday to dropship. You only need one winner you can scale to the moon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342194].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Qqxx
      Originally Posted by esaiyed View Post

      When I started dropshipping, I chose shopifiy and still use it year and a half later. Their robust interface makes it so easy for anyone to use. Also. as you test new products to find your winners. transitioning into clickfunnels with shopify increases conversion rates. So yea definitely start with shopify.

      Another thing to keep in mind is that you want consistently test products everyday to dropship. You only need one winner you can scale to the moon.
      Thank you esaiyed! Im definitely looking forward to learning. Experience is priceless.

      Question for you guys.....

      If I already have a domain name and registered business name......will Shopify use my domain name URL or is it a Shopify URL they give me??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11342222].message }}
  • I am using tictail and is easy to import your website there. Mine already put up and waiting to list my website or store for free at the other 8M affillite and associte platform. Cost are exstremely lower than 10%. How should I introduce to you or else I will suspended again
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11343034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Qqxx
    Do I need a fictitious name if I am a sole proprietor in Ontario Canada?

    I was told in the USA it is needed in order for someone to write checks out to me or if I am opening a bank account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11343719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MValmont
    Invest in a course teaching you step-by-step what to do....you will save tons of time and tons of money
    Signature
    Want To Make Money Online? CLICK HERE To Get My E-commerce/Shopify Step-By-Step Video Training![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11348493].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics