Help/Direction with New Brand

9 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hello everyone, recently finished my 1.0 store (Shopify)- trying to develop a real brand. This is not dropshipping, in fact I already spent $$$ sourcing my product packaging via AliBaba. The contents itself are sourced here from a wholesale warehouse located near me. All in all I was wondering what direction I should head as far as traffic, marketing etc (anything really).

Product: Care Packages. Emphasis for College Students
Target Market: Tier1- Parents of College Students
Sub Tier: Family Members of College Students | Students Themselves

Tier2- Parents of Kids who are "AWAY" (work, moved, etc)
Sub Tier: Family Members of such

Was thinking of some media buys with schools publishing sites?

I have already started all social media pages. Creating IG content currently.

Any advice, recommendations, guidance etc would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
#brand #help or direction
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author sgalla414
    Originally Posted by Jcagex3 View Post

    Hello everyone, recently finished my 1.0 store (Shopify)- trying to develop a real brand. This is not dropshipping, in fact I already spent $$$ sourcing my product packaging via AliBaba. The contents itself are sourced here from a wholesale warehouse located near me. All in all I was wondering what direction I should head as far as traffic, marketing etc (anything really).

    Product: Care Packages. Emphasis for College Students
    Target Market: Tier1- Parents of College Students
    Sub Tier: Family Members of College Students | Students Themselves

    Tier2- Parents of Kids who are "AWAY" (work, moved, etc)
    Sub Tier: Family Members of such

    Was thinking of some media buys with schools publishing sites?

    I have already started all social media pages. Creating IG content currently.

    Any advice, recommendations, guidance etc would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
    YES. This is SUCH a good idea ! I had actually considered this a few months ago when I wanted to get into fulfilled by Amazon. I didn't look to far into how it would work logistically with Amazon but if Shopify isn't working for you maybe Amazon would be another route.
    Find out who your main demographic is to start. "Parents of College Students" are dads going to be purchasing these care packages for their sons at college? Or do you think it would be most likely mothers purchasing them for their daughters or mothers for their sons. I don't know for sure but I am going to hazard a guess and say it will be mostly mothers, aunts, sisters, buying for their loved ones. You could try influencer marketing? Send a few free boxes to some college influencers (these must exist?)
    Otherewise your main demographic would be women and Pinterest is a great place to market this kind of product. 81% of Pinterest users are women and the median age of users is 40. That's pretty much the perfect target audience if you can find a way to market there.
    Best of luck ! I'm excited for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518415].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jcagex3
      Thanks, yeah will try pinterest. Toughest part is finding "College Mom Influencers" per say. But yeah, it will be mainly female family members.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sgalla414
    Another suggestion if this goes well for you and you want to offer more options. I was considering "gift bundles". Around Christmas time for parents and in-laws I don't buy individual gifts, I do a gift basket. In these I include chocolates/ candy, dish towels, a blanket, picture frame, candles. A small basket filled with mostly small "consumable" items plus a larger item or two. And I add a gift card in as well. You could offer Christmas gift bundles with different themes. There are lots of avenues you can take this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518417].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jcagex3
      LOL, funny story is my next business was going to be gift baskets.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518425].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sgalla414
        Originally Posted by Jcagex3 View Post

        LOL, funny story is my next business was going to be gift baskets.
        Too funny, sounds like you have it figured out then. I hope it goes well for you. You should post a thread on the Warrior Path, i'd love to follow along on your journey !
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    This niche has Facebook advertising written all over it. You can narrow down demographics to mothers and because you can choose the ages of those mothers, you have a pretty good idea of which age groups are likely to have kids in college. (Fathers may buy these, too, but my gut tells me mothers are going to be more likely.)

    This article should help you do that - How do I target parents using Facebook ads? | Get ROI Ads
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sgalla414
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      This niche has Facebook advertising written all over it. You can narrow down demographics to mothers and because you can choose the ages of those mothers, you have a pretty good idea of which age groups are likely to have kids in college. (Fathers may buy these, too, but my gut tells me mothers are going to be more likely.)

      This article should help you do that - How do I target parents using Facebook ads? | Get ROI Ads
      Wow, that;s convenient. I just skimmed over it but looks like a pretty in-depth article aimed at exactly what the OP needs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11518699].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jcagex3
      Thank you brother. This helps a ton providing clarity.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11519641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wickedstock1
    You can post your article some free classified sites and other sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11523850].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics