Massive paypal chargeback, need help

6 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hey guys

I had a customer who was paying me 240$ daily on paypal as f&f, I was not aware that you could chargeback multiple payments, today I woke up and my balance is negative at -1900$, luckily I cashed out the payments, all of his
payments were reversed for unauthorized access. In the case details, it says pre-chargeback state.

Ok, the obvious thing is that my paypals both business and personal are done for, I don't plan to refund neither fix the negative balance. I can survive in my industry with crypto alone.

Now my question is what happens with my balance on the negative?

Can they request the money from my bank? my bank accounts are still connected on paypal although I removed the sepa.

Can they take legal action against me?
#chargeback #massive #paypal
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Now my question is what happens with my balance on the negative?

    Can they request the money from my bank? my bank accounts are still connected on paypal although I removed the sepa.

    Can they take legal action against me?

    No one here can tell you what can happen - this is between you and paypal. $240 a day for f&f...what is f&f? Was this an ongoing agreement or has it been only 10 days or so? You don't say how long this 'payment' has been in place.



    I've known many sellers who WON paypal complaints AND chargebacks....but if you don't fight to win, you lose. Contact the proper Paypal division and find out what you can do to refute the customer's claims. Do you have a contract or agreement or emails/messages from the customer you can use to show you delivered what was promised?


    Asking on forums won't help - working with paypal might.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    ***
    It actually doesn't take much to be considered a 'difficult woman' -
    that's why there are so many of us.
    ...jane goodall
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11709924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savidge4
    Originally Posted by Shanks88 View Post

    Hey guys

    I had a customer who was paying me 240$ daily on paypal as f&f, I was not aware that you could chargeback multiple payments, today I woke up and my balance is negative at -1900$, luckily I cashed out the payments, all of his
    payments were reversed for unauthorized access. In the case details, it says pre-chargeback state.

    Ok, the obvious thing is that my paypals both business and personal are done for, I don't plan to refund neither fix the negative balance. I can survive in my industry with crypto alone.

    Now my question is what happens with my balance on the negative?

    Can they request the money from my bank? my bank accounts are still connected on paypal although I removed the sepa.

    Can they take legal action against me?
    Lets back this up to a point we can discuss... Was he sending you the cash... or where you making daily charges? was it an auto payment? If it WAS an auto payment I am sure you have the agreement in writing and you can cancel anytime blah blah blah DISPUTE the chargeback UNLESS you just took the guys cash

    and why exactly $1900? its not a divisible by $240 - add this to the dispute!
    Signature
    Success is an ACT not an idea
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11709941].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shanks88
      Originally Posted by savidge4 View Post

      Lets back this up to a point we can discuss... Was he sending you the cash... or where you making daily charges? was it an auto payment? If it WAS an auto payment I am sure you have the agreement in writing and you can cancel anytime blah blah blah DISPUTE the chargeback UNLESS you just took the guys cash

      and why exactly $1900? its not a divisible by $240 - add this to the dispute!
      I was selling him a specific amount of goods everyday for the same price 220 euro or 238 dollars, I didn't charge him daily neither the payment was automatic, all of them were separate transactions where I sold him the same product. He opened like 11 cases claiming all of these transactions were unauthorized. The paypal says that I'm on pre-chargeback state.

      I have no solid info to give, I don;t have a website neither I have tracking numbers since my products are virtual so intangible. The guy found me on a forum where I advertised and the transactions were arranged through discord.

      I already disputed the chargeback saying that he can't possibly paying me for one month and not knowing where he sends his payments. I hope my narrative is good enough, I feel I won't win it with just a message but I don't have anything else.

      I hope this nightmare ends quickly and I will never use paypal again, I will reevaluate my business model and paypal will not be required.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11709946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    You don't have anything to show he PURCHASED? Any communication from him?

    You are blaming paypal but that's not the problem - no record of purchases or of delivery of what was ordered? Was there a download involved? Did you have ANY communication with this person by email or text or messaging?

    This may not be an all or nothing - how long did this person wait before complaining to paypal....did he complain to you before opening a dispute with paypal? You are not giving a lot of info here - if you have other customers might be best to refund this one.

    Does your product include any refund information or wording? Did this person have the info needed to contact you as the seller?

    Don't know if this is a paypal dispute - or a credit card chargeback. Is it normal for someone to buy this much 'intangible' (you don't say what it is you are selling) product from you day after day?
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world changes forever for that one dog
    ***
    It actually doesn't take much to be considered a 'difficult woman' -
    that's why there are so many of us.
    ...jane goodall
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11709950].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shanks88
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      You don't have anything to show he PURCHASED? Any communication from him?

      You are blaming paypal but that's not the problem - no record of purchases or of delivery of what was ordered? Was there a download involved? Did you have ANY communication with this person by email or text or messaging?

      This may not be an all or nothing - how long did this person wait before complaining to paypal....did he complain to you before opening a dispute with paypal? You are not giving a lot of info here - if you have other customers might be best to refund this one.

      Does your product include any refund information or wording? Did this person have the info needed to contact you as the seller?

      Don't know if this is a paypal dispute - or a credit card chargeback. Is it normal for someone to buy this much 'intangible' (you don't say what it is you are selling) product from you day after day?
      It is not a paypal dispute, it is a credit card chargeback for unauthorized access which is a different thing. I have no reconds neither I can prove he purchased because I don't have a website and all of my records of communication with him were through discord where he is anonymous, he never complained about anything on discord, neither he complained on paypal.

      He waited like 20 days to open this chargeback and he was buying daily during this period, I think he even made some payments before the chargeback takes effect. This is the only thing in my favor.

      How can I have records of purchase when not owning a website and when I sell virtual goods?

      I sold to him 40K Rocket league credits (in-game currency).

      The loss of Paypal will cost me a lot of costumers but I rather get rid of this psychological obstacle.

      The good feeling from this business comes from large transactions and I can't enjoy it when I can get chargebacked anytime from paypal. Also I have a lot of returning customers who buy again and now that I know they can issue a chargeback for all of their purchases, I'm done with paypal. I can't bare to feel this terror everytime I get paid. I think this gave me PTSD, it is sick and unfair.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11709965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
    Administrator
    Once again, it would be wise to contact PayPal about this. They can help you better than us.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11709970].message }}

Trending Topics