Best eCommerce w/WordPress?

20 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
First post here. If I need to ask this in a different section, please let me know. Two questions really..

1. Is there a plugin/solution for integrating Amazon Webstore with WordPress?

2. What is generally seen as the best eCommerce solution (plugin, theme) for WordPress?

We're a brick & mortar specialty food store out of Colorado and would like to sell like 30 to 50+ products from our site. I'm using iThemes Builder. Site is bertsallamericanmarket (dot) com.

I suppose if there's any critiques of the site in general, I'm all ears.

Thanks all
#amazon web store #ecommerce #w or wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author Abledragon
    You can embed an Amazon Store into a WordPress page with their iframe option - it's one of the options available when you grab the code after customising your store.

    I use EcWid for creating online shops in WordPress - and I reviewed it here:

    Shopping Cart for WordPress | WealthyDragon

    Cheers,

    Martin.
    Signature
    WealthyDragon - Earning My Living Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5780429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jbthemummy
      Originally Posted by Abledragon View Post

      You can embed an Amazon Store into a WordPress page with their iframe option - it's one of the options available when you grab the code after customising your store.

      I use EcWid for creating online shops in WordPress - and I reviewed it here:

      Shopping Cart for WordPress | WealthyDragon

      Cheers,

      Martin.
      ECWid is awesome! Great for testing out things and even use it fully as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wilhouse
    has anyone tried using woo-commerce?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5780864].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMMer1975
      I've user Ecwid before. Its amazingly quick to embed into your WP site (just paste some html code) - or go pro and use their widget. Works very well (including the free version). Also some themes already have built in ecwid support.


      I've used Woo themes...very nice, but have not tried their commerce platform.
      Signature

      Pssst...want to learn how to build marketing funnels in Mautic marketing automation to propel online conversions?

      Or are you interested in learning Wordpress? Check out my free video courses here. Taken by over 25,000 students on Udemy.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5780948].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author explosion
        Just read Martin's post on Ecwid, it looks like a simple yet very effective product, I have a client who owns a popcorn shop and is ready to sell online, I think this will fit the bill for him, as I will be using WP to build his site.

        Thanks for the solid unbiased review Martin!

        Ed
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5940192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    I've been using WP E-commerce plugin and so far am liking that alot. It can do about everything, and their videos are very helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7161055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michael0109
    I think Woocommerce is the best plugin for wordpress ecommerce themes. This have fully features for ecommerce as same as : Coupon, Tax, Shipping, Multi Payment . Other you can get the best wordpress ecommerce themes in here : Wordpress Ecommerce Themes
    Signature

    If you like to wordpress , you will like Best free wordpress theme 2013.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7161410].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7162033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Originally Posted by MetroWest View Post

    First post here. If I need to ask this in a different section, please let me know. Two questions really..

    1. Is there a plugin/solution for integrating Amazon Webstore with WordPress?

    2. What is generally seen as the best eCommerce solution (plugin, theme) for WordPress?

    We're a brick & mortar specialty food store out of Colorado and would like to sell like 30 to 50+ products from our site. I'm using iThemes Builder. Site is bertsallamericanmarket (dot) com.

    I suppose if there's any critiques of the site in general, I'm all ears.

    Thanks all
    It's easy to integrate an Amazon store in Wordpress. Just build the store and then get the iframe code and create a page with the iframe code in it. If the fit to the page is off (like too wide), just eliminate any sidebars from your Amazon store when you create it.

    I like Woo Commerce for ecommerce stores. Very functional, great extensions available, very fast to get an ecommerce store up and running.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7165029].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HimanshuS
      Originally Posted by michael0109 View Post

      I think Woocommerce is the best plugin for wordpress ecommerce themes. This have fully features for ecommerce as same as : Coupon, Tax, Shipping, Multi Payment . Other you can get the best wordpress ecommerce themes in here : Wordpress Ecommerce Themes
      Originally Posted by MetroWest View Post

      First post here. If I need to ask this in a different section, please let me know. Two questions really..

      1. Is there a plugin/solution for integrating Amazon Webstore with WordPress?

      2. What is generally seen as the best eCommerce solution (plugin, theme) for WordPress?

      We're a brick & mortar specialty food store out of Colorado and would like to sell like 30 to 50+ products from our site. I'm using iThemes Builder. Site is bertsallamericanmarket (dot) com.

      I suppose if there's any critiques of the site in general, I'm all ears.

      Thanks all
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      It's easy to integrate an Amazon store in Wordpress. Just build the store and then get the iframe code and create a page with the iframe code in it. If the fit to the page is off (like too wide), just eliminate any sidebars from your Amazon store when you create it.

      I like Woo Commerce for ecommerce stores. Very functional, great extensions available, very fast to get an ecommerce store up and running.

      I second all the 3 posts.

      WP Woocommerce is the best option. For amazon, You can get the iframe code of your astore and make a page. There are other methods though, this is an easy option.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7195061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author locpicker
    Sitemile.com has solutions for part 2. I have a developers license with them.

    As for part one there are any number of plugins that you can get to add Amazon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7220838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dexlink
    Originally Posted by MetroWest View Post

    First post here. If I need to ask this in a different section, please let me know. Two questions really..

    1. Is there a plugin/solution for integrating Amazon Webstore with WordPress?

    2. What is generally seen as the best eCommerce solution (plugin, theme) for WordPress?

    We're a brick & mortar specialty food store out of Colorado and would like to sell like 30 to 50+ products from our site. I'm using iThemes Builder. Site is bertsallamericanmarket (dot) com.

    I suppose if there's any critiques of the site in general, I'm all ears.

    Thanks all
    1. yes
    2. theme is better
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7225424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bellerine
    I've used WooCommerce and WP E-Commerce; they both work well.

    WP E-Commerce has more tertiary add ons but WooCommerce looks better, in my opinion. It's a matter of "I like this better on this one, that better on that one." Both, though, should meet your needs and be easy to set up. Both are also free.

    The one thing that WILL make a difference is using a theme meant for e-commerce and, specifically, to work with the cart plug in you choose. I used Mio from Splashing Pixels recently as a free option with good support.

    A lot of people will tell you that Wordpress is not a good option because it was not initially built for e-commerce; don't listen. A WP site with these plug ins is the easiest to set up and, for a small to medium sized e-commerce store, an excellent working solution.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author growth22
    If the sole purpose of your site is to sell stuff, I'd go for e-commerce software such as opencart or magento. If you would like to add some additional content, easier way would be with wordpress and some plugins such as WP e-Commerce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7234864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oswald Joshua
    I will answer 2nd part of your question. The best ecommerce with WP is WP-commerce by getshopped. They have lot of featured which otherwise are paid in woocommerce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7247101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eternalsongbird
    Ecwid is the best WordPress. It is a full shopping eCommerce system that is extremely easy to install and even easier to maintain. It's also customizable so that you can have it looking however you like.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7251305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icyguy
    Hi guys, I have used several ones for our corporate clients. Woo Commerce & JigoShop (these are the plugins) and quite flexible with the layout too
    Signature

    The best MUSIC on Warrior Forum... Get it Cheap http://evobeats.com/on/wso
    (NEW) Vol.2 http://evobeats.com/on/wso2
    JV Giveaway On Wordpress ? Is on WSO now
    The underground conversion designer >>http://minisiteguru.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7256796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author earsaver
    Is there a relatively simple store like theme available for Amazon affiliates? I've been looking for a store type theme without the typical eCommerce bells and whistles. I only intent the site for Amazon and as a consequence, I don't require a card or payment pathway.

    Thanks in advance,
    Joe Benevides
    Signature

    Macs4newbies.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7888090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goodmast3r
    Use woocommerce
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7888321].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wwhitley
    What about this AZON wordpress software. They say it helps you setup your site. I don't know but it looks interesting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7888373].message }}

Trending Topics