Any way to get Amazon seller account back from suspension?

by Mynt
20 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Has anyone had luck in either appeal or other method (e.g., new back account) to get their Amazon seller account reinstated after suspension?
#account #amazon #back #seller #suspension
  • Profile picture of the author malia
    Why were you suspended? (it matters)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8028564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CynthiaAngel
    Yes I have been reinstated like 3 times. And I also have a friend whose account has been suspended like 3x and they were able to get their account, now I am not sure what you did. But mine was for negative feedback and that my account was below a certain # ......... They never give time to bring it up to status, then before you know it again, I will get another email stating that my account is below a certain # and they suspend, and I appeal and get it back.

    I don't worry about Amazon as much, I focus on my website more, so it doesn't really bother me that much and I opened 3 other seller accounts. My friend who is a seller also has 3 Amazon seller account, just because the wind might blow the wrong way one morning and your account will be closed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8029173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author spi
      Originally Posted by CynthiaAngel View Post

      Yes I have been reinstated like 3 times. And I also have a friend whose account has been suspended like 3x and they were able to get their account, now I am not sure what you did. But mine was for negative feedback and that my account was below a certain # ......... They never give time to bring it up to status, then before you know it again, I will get another email stating that my account is below a certain # and they suspend, and I appeal and get it back.

      I don't worry about Amazon as much, I focus on my website more, so it doesn't really bother me that much and I opened 3 other seller accounts. My friend who is a seller also has 3 Amazon seller account, just because the wind might blow the wrong way one morning and your account will be closed.
      Hi, could you tell me how to open another amazon account? Do I need to get a new laptop?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10766473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mynt
    Thanks, guys. Reason for suspension was high rate of cancelling sales (after buyer made purchase) for mistakenly assuming I had the item in stock. I did try appeal process and did not get a reply. Will keep at it (or attempt to open new account). Other tips welcomed :-)
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8030247].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CynthiaAngel
      When you open a new account, it has to be in somebody else's name, bank account, different address, everything has to be different. If not you will be rejected. My Husband opened one for me and my sister opened another for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8033068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by Mynt View Post

      Thanks, guys. Reason for suspension was high rate of cancelling sales (after buyer made purchase) for mistakenly assuming I had the item in stock. I did try appeal process and did not get a reply. Will keep at it (or attempt to open new account). Other tips welcomed :-)
      How can they be mistaken about this? YOU set the inventory. If inventory says 0 then it says "Out of Stock". If you go to the amazon seller forums, you will see that this question is asked several times a day.

      The first thing to remember is when you file your appeal make it short and to the point.

      DO NOT blame the customer, remember these are amazon's customers and not yours.

      Tell them what you have done to fix the issue and how you plan on this NOT happening again.

      Most of the time when amazon sellers have this high cancellation rate is because they are dropshipping, If you are doing this STOP immediately unless you have access to up to the minute inventory totals and adjust accordingly on amazon.

      You will probably lose your account permanently and as for the poster that has had their account reinstated 3 times, I highly doubt it.

      Spend some time on the amazon seller forums

      al
      Signature
      The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10086909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author liita
    Google "Amazon Ghost" for Amazon troubles.
    Google "Auction Stealth" for eBay/PayPal troubles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8033327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author srselfdefense
    I have been interested in this too. I used to sell on Amazon, but they suspended my account (permanently) because I was suspected of selling "recopied media." Now I know to never sell dvds again...lol

    But now I want to get back on and sell my self defense products. That, and some textbooks (which I also sold before). Here are two methods I learned about regarding getting back on (not sure if they work completely):

    What To Do If Your eBay or Amazon Account is Suspended or Cancelled

    How to Get a Amazon Seller Account Back - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

    I would have to probably get a new (used) laptop or a tablet in order to get back on. Any ideas?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8203771].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author minns
      I would welcome help with this too (and hopefully this thread is still active). I just got suspended as a seller at amazon, and my appeal was instantly rejected (I don't even feel like they read it). Should I keep fighting for that account, or I should I just start a new one? I'd also welcome any thoughts about the process of starting a new account (the thread here has great information, but I'd welcome any additional chances to discuss this people who have been through this).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8548935].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BobK
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8956955].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dawidck
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9992340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fdmarketers
    Try opening a new account with different information: name, address, bank, and will begin work immediately in again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10088547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saimun106
    if you can open a new account with totally new details you should be fine
    but appeals rarely help with amazon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10094383].message }}
  • Sounds like you have issues with overselling. Even if you are reinstated (which I hope you are), you will have these same types of issues until you find a solution that solves stock outs specifically. I think you should consider an inventory management software. Inventory management tools will automate data transfers and control all moving stock. If you sell an item on another sales channel, an inventory software will reduce the quantity of that item's inventory on your Amazon account by one. The inventory software that I work for will also "kill" the listing if your item sells out, so that no one can try and purchase the sold out item and save you from cancelling orders.

    I'd check out ecommerce review sites like WebRetailer and Ecombytes for software suggestions. Post both customer reviews, so you'll be able to see what your peers think.

    Good luck,
    Tiana with ecomdash
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10180931].message }}
    • Hey,

      I have been suspended for high cancellations as well but that was due to sku numbers crossing and from there causing prices to mix ($2000 product for $59) and quantities to mix as well.

      When you appeal, they don't care what your issues are, they care more about your solution of you You intend to fix it.

      Example: problem is A
      solution: replace A with B. By doing so aids in fixing the issue by "..fill in the blank.."

      Don't bs them. Just tell them what your doing to fix the issue. The team is very black and white and only see stats. So BE HONEST.


      Take it from someone that's been there
      Best of luck to you
      I know God was watching over me as I was in the appealing process
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10181599].message }}
  • Same thing happened to me, i fund a site called myamazonsupport.com got the template and emailed it amazon. My account was reinstated the next day, which is exactly what the site said. My issue with amazon had to due with one dumb customer who destroyed my ratings and a bunch of cancelled orders.
    If you had the same issue then your account, like mine should get reinstated.

    Let me know if you have any questions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10216992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author swamuluk
    There is a way! this was my personal experience with Amazon sellers account suspension.

    They kept our amount in hold for two months to clear all the A-Z claims any in future and no immediate response . we really struggled to get out of this.

    Act fast when you receive first email about account suspension. do review on all your orders , A-Z claims , Customer Responses , product damages/alternatives etc.

    Prepare a plan of action with all necessary details

    1. How you are going to manage product damages or replacements
    2. Handling about customer Queries
    3. Inventory management
    4. How can you reduce A-Z claims
    5. Timely Delivery and others issues related to it.

    We send a plan of action and convinced them about Opting " Fulfilled By Amazon ( FBA)" which is inevitable by Amazon .

    Later couple E-mail conversations Amazon agreed for FBA and reinstated our selling privileges.

    My suggestion is Go For "FBA" you can easily get out of suspension .
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10462996].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by swamuluk View Post

      There is a way! this was my personal experience with Amazon sellers account suspension.

      They kept our amount in hold for two months to clear all the A-Z claims any in future and no immediate response . we really struggled to get out of this.

      Act fast when you receive first email about account suspension. do review on all your orders , A-Z claims , Customer Responses , product damages/alternatives etc.

      Prepare a plan of action with all necessary details

      1. How you are going to manage product damages or replacements
      2. Handling about customer Queries
      3. Inventory management
      4. How can you reduce A-Z claims
      5. Timely Delivery and others issues related to it.

      We send a plan of action and convinced them about Opting " Fulfilled By Amazon ( FBA)" which is inevitable by Amazon .

      Later couple E-mail conversations Amazon agreed for FBA and reinstated our selling privileges.

      My suggestion is Go For "FBA" you can easily get out of suspension .

      Did you just suck that BS out of your thumb???
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465124].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        This thread was funny two years ago when it was started - because someone thought "reinstatement" was the same as "I found other people to open accts for me so Amazon wouldn't know".

        The OP was selling items he did not have available for sale - Amazon frowns on that.
        Signature
        Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

        I wish offended people would react like fainting goats and quietly tip over.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10465133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ASwineford
    Personally, I had some issues with this when I took my first stab at drop shipping a few years ago. Fortunately for me after calling and emailing several times they reinstated me. As far as I know things haven't changed. If you are persistent you can get it back fairly quick on a probationary period. Then once you've proven yourself to Amazon they will take the limitations off and let you run full reign again.

    It's worked for everyone that I've discussed this with to date. Just make sure to stay on top of emails and if possible call when you can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10475886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Solarlightguru
    Years ago I had an account and tried selling DVDs online from a friend. Later figuring out they were fakes. They suspended my account. I have a solar lighting company now and and trying to set up a business account and it got suspended right away. Think I can be reinstated?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanK87
    A while back I found and contacted happyamazonseller.com to help me reinstate my account, I've used them a few times (once because I shipped out a couple of late items and another because of inauthentic item complaints) they helped so much I figured its worth mentioning for any one who may need help reinstating their account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10975784].message }}

Trending Topics