I need a little bit of advice about selling training videos. I am planning to create a site that sells training videos. I am pretty computer literate and can follow instructions easily (but not coding or anything) although my experience is pretty limited, I have only every created one simple site before using wordpress.
I was however planning to create the site to sell training videos myself (I was considering using something like big commerce, shopify or wordpress). I have been scouring the internet all day to find a service that suits but am a bit lost.
the way I see it there are a couple of options
1. use a service like fetch on shopify to have links to video downloads emailed direct to customers
2. find a service (similar to vimeo pro or apple tv) that allows customers to 'rent' a video for a 24 hour period, or buy it out right. Allowing it to be streamed (provided the are logged into their account) at any time.
3. a subscription service where customers sign up and are allowed access to stream the content while their subscription remains active.
There are a couple of considerations I need to consider.
1. the market is pretty niche, but that said users who use it are likely to know and share with friends who may also wish to use the videos. I it to be difficult for users to pirate the material, or to share their subscription details with friends (ie the details only allow one person to log into a subscription at any one time)
2. there will be a high demand for the videos, so I want to find a product or service that is paid for outright, rather than payment being based upon a commission on sales.
3. I am curious, do i need to be worried about security, or will paypal and whichever credit card service take care or that?
4. If I am signing up members is there a specific app that Is best for signing them up with, keeping track of them, contacting them and monitoring their use?
Thanks a lot guys!!