Please review my e-commerce website

28 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Please, could you review my wordpress & woocommerce propulsed e-commerce website?

Cell Phone Covers | Cases for Smartphone | koreahallyu.asia

Thank you very much!
#ecommerce #review #website
  • Profile picture of the author hill
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8501831].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by hill View Post

      Hmm looks awesome design i would like to suggest you to convert it into an android apps + published it into Google play store and Place QR code on ur website. They will help you to get more sales through ur website. Thank you!!
      Thank you very much for the ideas! I am wondering is it something hard and expensive to do?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8505566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yaros
    In 'shopping guide' dropdown menu on your home page you have a mistake. Change Paiements Methods to Payment Methods. And then your website will be perfect! lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8505774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by Yaros View Post

      In 'shopping guide' dropdown menu on your home page you have a mistake. Change Paiements Methods to Payment Methods. And then your website will be perfect! lol
      Thank you very much, small mistake but still really important! corrected right away!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8513241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OliverTrent
    Its an awesome ecommerce store!

    The only suggestion I would make is form a UX perspective, and thats on the homepage, if you hover over a product, the rest grey out a little. The issue here is that the animation happens outside where you want the user to focus. It can be distracting and might be worth changing out to an animation that highlights the product being hovered over.
    Signature

    Lover of Ecommerce at eComLab.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8507019].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by OliverTrent View Post

      Its an awesome ecommerce store!

      The only suggestion I would make is form a UX perspective, and thats on the homepage, if you hover over a product, the rest grey out a little. The issue here is that the animation happens outside where you want the user to focus. It can be distracting and might be worth changing out to an animation that highlights the product being hovered over.
      Well noted, I will think about it! Thanks for your suggestion!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8540516].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisjacobsen
    Site looks clean. In your individual products, on the sidebar, you will see the "Our Products" category drop down extends beyond the margin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8513716].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author China Newz
      Really like the design of your e-commerce site. Looks like you worked really hard on it. Have heard that building a list is the most important thing in blogging/e-commerce. You have the sign up feature for your newsletter at the bottom of your site. So maybe some of your visitor will not see it. If you place it at the top of your site, then you might capture more email addresses from people that visit your site. This way you'll have even a bigger list to market your products to.
      Signature

      China Newz

      China Newz is a blog introducing China's history, culture, people and places.

      www.chinanewz.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8515931].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
        Originally Posted by China Newz View Post

        Really like the design of your e-commerce site. Looks like you worked really hard on it. Have heard that building a list is the most important thing in blogging/e-commerce. You have the sign up feature for your newsletter at the bottom of your site. So maybe some of your visitor will not see it. If you place it at the top of your site, then you might capture more email addresses from people that visit your site. This way you'll have even a bigger list to market your products to.
        You know I don't think the customers are on the mood to buy something with newsletter. There is one, to inform and give special discount, but I don't expect on this to make sales... But I added a newsletter sign up form on the categories / products sidebar. Thanks for our advice!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8551293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by chrisjacobsen View Post

      Site looks clean. In your individual products, on the sidebar, you will see the "Our Products" category drop down extends beyond the margin.
      Thank you, I will try to fix this issue! I am working on it with my team thanks to you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8540518].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dburk
        Hi koreahallyu,

        My first impression was wow... this site takes a long to load. Just to make sure it wasn't something on my end that was causing the slow loading pages I tested it using the Pingdom Website Speed Test, it took 8.1 seconds for the homepage to load. That is way too slow for an eCommerce website, if you want to be competitive. Slow loading pages are a proven conversion killer.

        Some basic page load speed optimization effort should pay off tremendously. You might consider using a CDN service to help out with that.

        I like the design, except for one thing. The page header takes up about 1/4 of the screen space just for the logo, and nav bar. That is a huge waste of space, and forces users to scroll down to get to the primary content. Again, that design will cost you conversions at the margins. Consider changing the design of the header so that it takes much less screen real-estate.

        Also, I noticed that the category pages include the product names, however those keyword rich names are not hot linked. If you can, make those keyword rich product names clickable so that you can harvest the SEO benefit of proper internal link structure.

        Finally, the biggest error I see is that you have a web store that caters to mobile device users, yet you did not choose to build the website using Responsive Web Design principles. I don't get that decision, were you not expecting traffic from mobile devices on a web store that sells accessories for mobile devices? :confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8541794].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
          Originally Posted by dburk View Post

          Hi koreahallyu,

          My first impression was wow... this site takes a long to load. Just to make sure it wasn't something on my end that was causing the slow loading pages I tested it using the Pingdom Website Speed Test, it took 8.1 seconds for the homepage to load. That is way too slow for an eCommerce website, if you want to be competitive. Slow loading pages are a proven conversion killer.

          Some basic page load speed optimization effort should pay off tremendously. You might consider using a CDN service to help out with that.

          I like the design, except for one thing. The page header takes up about 1/4 of the screen space just for the logo, and nav bar. That is a huge waste of space, and forces users to scroll down to get to the primary content. Again, that design will cost you conversions at the margins. Consider changing the design of the header so that it takes much less screen real-estate.

          Also, I noticed that the category pages include the product names, however those keyword rich names are not hot linked. If you can, make those keyword rich product names clickable so that you can harvest the SEO benefit of proper internal link structure.

          Finally, the biggest error I see is that you have a web store that caters to mobile device users, yet you did not choose to build the website using Responsive Web Design principles. I don't get that decision, were you not expecting traffic from mobile devices on a web store that sells accessories for mobile devices? :confused:
          Wow... Thanks a lot for taking the time to help!

          About the speed, I totally agree with you... generally the load time is more around 4 secs... I guess you visited the website at a bad time...

          I am thinking about Cloudfare or another CDN... not really sure for the moment.

          I will think about the header size and design soon, but the categorie pages canno't be clikable...


          And for the last suggestion, I agree with you too... There is an option 'responsive" with this wordpress theme, but I didnt activated it, because it is not working well. There is also plugins such as wp-touch but the result is a way too minimalist...

          I think it is like having another website and it is not an easy task to make his website responsive...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8551333].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by chrisjacobsen View Post

      Site looks clean. In your individual products, on the sidebar, you will see the "Our Products" category drop down extends beyond the margin.
      Thank you! I solved the issue by showing the categories as a list and not as a dropdown. Much more better now.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8551287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prince55l
    Originally Posted by koreahallyu View Post

    Please, could you review my wordpress & woocommerce propulsed e-commerce website?

    Cell Phone Covers | Cases for Smartphone | koreahallyu.asia

    Thank you very much!
    Your site design is beautiful, i like it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8516011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author smileverse
    The design is neat & clean. I like it. I just have two suggestions:

    1. If you can add the photo of customers to the testimonials, it will looks more real and trustworthy.

    2. You can add live chat to your site, which enables you to provide real-time online support for customers. There are many wordpress chat plugins, such as Comm100 Live Chat, Live Person, etc.

    Hope helpful for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8517473].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by smileverse View Post

      The design is neat & clean. I like it. I just have two suggestions:

      1. If you can add the photo of customers to the testimonials, it will looks more real and trustworthy.

      2. You can add live chat to your site, which enables you to provide real-time online support for customers. There are many wordpress chat plugins, such as Comm100 Live Chat, Live Person, etc.

      Hope helpful for you.
      Thank you for your advice!!

      But... Since it is REAL testimonials, it is difficult to ask customers a picture, and even if I do so, I don't think they will like to have their face on a website. I didnt try to ask them... should I try?

      For the live chat support it can be a good idea, but it means I have to be connected really often (and I am not) but for a bigger shop its a good service for sure... maybe in the futur if the sales go well!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8551303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kumarajay1
    Your site design is looking good, so thats why I like it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8522106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tritrain
    Who is your market for this site? Its in English but has .asia TLD. Many of the testimonies are from southeast asia as well. If it includes the Americas, then I would recommend buying a .com TLD, as people could be turned off purchasing from you site in the Americas and possibly Europe.

    The website looks very professional and loaded quickly for me. I did find that some listings in the Select Category dropdown are longer than is allowed by the width of the menu (at least for Firefox). Not a big deal, but doesn't look as professional as it could look with things being more tidy.

    I followed the cart through as far as I could go, without purchasing, and at no point did it switch to secure http. This would be a red flag for many customers. Am I incorrect about it being a secure transaction?

    I have found that many potential customers like to see security symbols, such as Comodo, so they feel their personal information is kept secure.

    Otherwise, looks awesome!
    Signature
    Domains for sale - see seopositions.net
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8543111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by tritrain View Post

      Who is your market for this site? Its in English but has .asia TLD. Many of the testimonies are from southeast asia as well. If it includes the Americas, then I would recommend buying a .com TLD, as people could be turned off purchasing from you site in the Americas and possibly Europe.

      The website looks very professional and loaded quickly for me. I did find that some listings in the Select Category dropdown are longer than is allowed by the width of the menu (at least for Firefox). Not a big deal, but doesn't look as professional as it could look with things being more tidy.

      I followed the cart through as far as I could go, without purchasing, and at no point did it switch to secure http. This would be a red flag for many customers. Am I incorrect about it being a secure transaction?

      I have found that many potential customers like to see security symbols, such as Comodo, so they feel their personal information is kept secure.

      Otherwise, looks awesome!
      Thank you for your suggestions!

      Actually, the market is GLOBAL, but of course English speaking countries.

      USA are the most important customers, Canada, Australia, Europe, South Asia and even countries like Russia, Turkey or Qatar..

      Not really sure people care about .com or .asia. Most of them probably think we have .asia since we are located in Asia.

      Categorie dropdown replaced by normal list! thanks!

      And yes, there is not SSL certificate for the moment. Actually all the paiement are made via paypal, so in this case I don't really need SSL since all the informations are secured by paypal.

      But I am thinking of installing one to give security feeling and improve conversion rate. I don't really know if people care and look for the little padlock on the browser... But since I will accept paiement directly on the website soon, I will definitly need SSL.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8551363].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mollywhite
    Looks good, I like it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8543765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jabapo
    Good job, your site is clear and well arranged. Your visitors could easily manage while exploring your site.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8544405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author repricerexpress
    Site looks and functions brilliantly. I would just make sure your brand images are sourced correctly as you wouldn't want a phone call from Apple or Samsung over copyright infringement — not saying they aren't, but just giving you a heads up.

    Also, it's obvious you've put plenty of effort into this—please make sure you spend even more time telling the world about it and where it is.

    And lastly, I would echo what tritrain said—if the site is for the US or Europe, the .asia would put a lot of buyers off and the lack of secure symbols and features (real or perceived) would only further reduce your conversion rate.

    Best of luck with it!
    Signature
    Amazon repricing software that helps you win the Buy Box more often. eBay repricing also available.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8544443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author john13kran
    Nice, modern,fresh design!

    Also, good to have friendly url.

    The only "bad" thing that i saw, is at right column, the select a category select element,
    it goes out of the screen in google chrome.
    Fix it with some css, and it will be perfect!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8544483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lassarus
    Good work on the site, it's really attractive and looks very profesional. I wish you all the best with it =!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8545306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vanilla Gorilla
    great site! What platform did you choose to go with? It really shows that you put a lot of time and attention into this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8546826].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author koreahallyu
      Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post

      great site! What platform did you choose to go with? It really shows that you put a lot of time and attention into this.
      Wordpress & Woo Commerce!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8551372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikhail Hunter
    I like your website, I think you can also get more sales by adding your products to amazon. In addition to that an affiliate program that offers 2% commissions maybe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8546984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author infoway
    Great design! Brilliant professional layout. And I could see that all the site's page are easy to navigate. Well Done!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8547629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apeee
    It looks like a good website. Nice sliders, testimonials and images. Everything in the right place. Best of luck for your business.
    Signature
    [High Quality Authority Backlinks] Ultimate Guest Posting Service
    Email: foundawallet[at]gmail.com
    Skype: apeee86
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8547843].message }}

Trending Topics