Where to Find E-Commerce Clients?

by AZJ0SH
10 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
I really enjoy creating e-commerce websites and created dozens of drop-shipping and affiliate websites over the last few years. I want to start making sites like this for clients, but I can't seem to find much on the freelance boards or people who need an e-commerce solution.

Any tips on finding clients for these kind of websites? Any of you guys need work done?
#clients #ecommerce #find
  • Profile picture of the author OnlineStoreHelp
    Originally Posted by AZJ0SH View Post

    I really enjoy creating e-commerce websites and created dozens of drop-shipping and affiliate websites over the last few years. I want to start making sites like this for clients, but I can't seem to find much on the freelance boards or people who need an e-commerce solution.

    Any tips on finding clients for these kind of websites? Any of you guys need work done?
    As you can imagine, many of us on here already do client work so we probably won't be giving you to many ideas but if you are interested, there is a local client thread on here you should check out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9048183].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      Here are a few tips. First notice OnlineStorehelp has blue script below his post . You want to do something similar it is called a Signature, create one with out violating forum rules.

      Next I looked at your profile, you do not have an about page. Fill it out and also make sure people know you design e-commerce sites.

      Next go to the Warrior Classified Section and take out and ad, Stating you design E-commerce sites. (You need examples btw)

      Next read the forum about anything related to marketing your service. Here is a link to a post that can make your life easier. If you find the one's related to selling a service. .http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ate-index.html you will learn how to market

      Offer your services on some of the freelance sites (See above posts)
      Good luck study hard and learn to promote your service.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9048851].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lastreporter
    Originally Posted by AZJ0SH View Post

    I really enjoy creating e-commerce websites and created dozens of drop-shipping and affiliate websites over the last few years. I want to start making sites like this for clients, but I can't seem to find much on the freelance boards or people who need an e-commerce solution.

    Any tips on finding clients for these kind of websites? Any of you guys need work done?
    You can run an add on this site "Warriors for Hire." Last time I ran one the cost was $20 and I got more work than I could handle.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9049472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AZJ0SH
      Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

      Here are a few tips. First notice OnlineStorehelp has blue script below his post . You want to do something similar it is called a Signature, create one with out violating forum rules.

      Next I looked at your profile, you do not have an about page. Fill it out and also make sure people know you design e-commerce sites.

      Next go to the Warrior Classified Section and take out and ad, Stating you design E-commerce sites. (You need examples btw)

      Next read the forum about anything related to marketing your service. Here is a link to a post that can make your life easier. If you find the one's related to selling a service. .http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ate-index.html you will learn how to market

      Offer your services on some of the freelance sites (See above posts)
      Good luck study hard and learn to promote your service.
      I was not trying to gain clients from here, but that is a good idea since I am constantly seeing people struggling to build their online stores.

      How would a signature increase my sales? Should I link it to my website?

      I only have 3-4 examples of my work, do you think that is enough to warrant posting a for hire thread?

      Originally Posted by lastreporter View Post

      You can run an add on this site "Warriors for Hire." Last time I ran one the cost was $20 and I got more work than I could handle.
      I am considering this now, thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058245].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Solid Commerce
        In addition to doing all the things mentioned (and yes -- link to your portfolio and/or website in your forum signature), there are a couple of other tactics that can get you some help.

        For one, in addition to adding a signature and posting things like classified ads, you can also cruise forums (this one and others) looking for folks that are actively seeking the kind of help you offer.

        Forums like this one, Convergent7, Small Business Ideas, Small Business Computing, DigitalPoint, and plenty of others all have great eCommerce sections where you can find individuals looking for help realizing their wildest eCommerce dreams.

        There are also sites like Freelancer, Elance, oDesk (the latter two of which are either about to join forces or just did), and a ton of other freelance sites where you can connect with people seeking out your services. In fact, you're a lot more likely to run into people you'll want to work with on those sites.

        In my experience, individuals often post to forums for one-on-one advice, and lifehacking type of tips. This isn't a bad thing, at all -- but people in forums aren't always explicitly looking to pay for the stuff they want to do.

        When you post on a site like Elance or oDesk, however, you'll know that only people actively looking for your services are going to wind up finding your information.

        Hope that helps!
        Signature

        _ Sean B.
        Solid Commerce

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ddev
    Elance (good one), Odesk and Craigslist may be good places.

    You could also JV with graphic designers (could post on the JV section of the WF).

    Just my 2 cents.

    Best Regards,

    Diego.
    Signature
    [2016] WordPress Plugins With PLR
    The Secret Site Used By TOP Marketers!


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9070928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Counselor
    I have found that ranking for ecommerce related keywords on Google have been helpful for finding ecommerce clients.
    Signature

    Web Design and Search Engine Marketing Company http://www.centralcoastdigitaldesign.com a San Luis Obispo based business.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9071119].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author newrykillz
      Your sites portfolio is ****ed up. When I click a link to see any work examples your hostgator account is suspended and your css is striped.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9075854].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Josh Range
        Originally Posted by newrykillz View Post

        Your sites portfolio is ****ed up. When I click a link to see any work examples your hostgator account is suspended and your css is striped.
        Can you provide a link to what you're seeing? The site loads fine on all 3 of my computers at home and my computer at work.

        And what do you mean about stripes and css? Do you mean stripped?
        Signature
        JoshRange.com
        E-Commerce, Web Design, & Mobile Website Services
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9075964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmerchant
    I think is hard to find clients for the processing business, because there are so many agent involved in the acquiring process and all take or want to take his share ( % ) and then the MDR % comes usually to a price that is not good for any the clients anymore.

    I think the prices for online traffic should be like:

    - low risk merchants 1% MDR
    - online pharmaceutical business 4%
    - online gaming 5.5%
    - neutral 4%
    - Adult 3.5%

    Additional rates: Chargeback fee 25 USD, transaction fee 40 cents

    Payout frequency: every Friday ( 1x per week )

    I think this is something that can work for the clients.

    I meet just 1 company that has this rates at this moment on the market. Please let me know if some has some better option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9076280].message }}

Trending Topics