Implementing an online store on wordpress site

8 replies
  • ECOMMERCE
  • |
Hey guys, this is my Dad's website for his company Alliance Chemical – Austin TX Chemical Distributor. I want to implement an online store. The website was designed in Wordpress by a friend of mine. What do I need to know to do this? I'm not a complete novice at programming (majored in EE), so where can anyone point me in the right direction?
#implementing #online #site #store #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
    Banned
    Originally Posted by dannytaki View Post

    Hey guys, this is my Dad's website for his company Alliance Chemical - Austin TX Chemical Distributor. I want to implement an online store. The website was designed in Wordpress by a friend of mine. What do I need to know to do this? I'm not a complete novice at programming (majored in EE), so where can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I don't know if this is allowed, so if not, the Mods will remove it, but this is the only thing and the only person you need for Ecommerce

    http://www.warriorforum.com/complete...ns-themes.html

    Cheers. - Frank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9442088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MainStreet
      There are a number of ecommerce plugins that can be used with Wordpress. One example of this would be woocommerce. If you run a search for something like "wordpress ecommerce plugins", you should be able to find lots of other options.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9442271].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Solid Commerce
        Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post

        There are a number of ecommerce plugins that can be used with Wordpress. One example of this would be woocommerce. If you run a search for something like "wordpress ecommerce plugins", you should be able to find lots of other options.
        This would have been my advice, as well.

        Of course, if you don't need for your store to reside on the same exact page as your current site does (ie, if you wanted users to click a link and go to an external store), it doesn't matter what platform you would use. In that case, I'd recommend anything you find to suit your needs. Since you seem to have a bit of technical expertise, something like Magento or Volusion probably wouldn't present a huge challenge.

        If you want to keep your online store exactly on that site, then WooCommerce is going to be your strongest option. As mentioned, it's designed for WordPress sites, and will help you easily build out the functionality that you want.

        Good luck!!
        Signature

        _ Sean B.
        Solid Commerce

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9442364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dannytaki
      Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

      I don't know if this is allowed, so if not, the Mods will remove it, but this is the only thing and the only person you need for Ecommerce

      http://www.warriorforum.com/complete...ns-themes.html

      Cheers. - Frank
      Thanks for the advice! Woocommerce looks great. However, I'm unsure what sbucciarel is offering? Is she setting up woocommerce on her customer's website?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9442882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wmrwl
    BigFrank and MainStreet both have good suggestions. Woocommerce would be a good route in this case.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9442337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dannytaki
    Awesome, thanks guys! I will look into it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9442550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    You don't need to buy anything to setup a WooCommerce shopping cart/site, it's free & they have a few free themes. It also doesn't cost anything to hook the WooCommerce checkout page to Paypal.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9443106].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Matthew
      Plenty of WooCommerce plugins are developed in the WordPress community. Choose any one of the plugins based on your business requirement.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454358].message }}

Trending Topics