Here are 3 "tricks" I use to make sure I pay less and earn more from my list:
Trick #1: Spend more time and energy on getting subscribers who spend money.
Here are 3 ways to do it:
* Sell stuff (well, this is obvious, but many people don't realize how much more valuable customers are than freebie seekers)
* Offer bonuses on product download pages (offer free information or a small service). If somebody you know is launching a product in your niche, offer to give their customers a free bonus in exchange for their email address.
* Market yourself on paid platforms (like paid forums)
Trick #2: Remove the Duds
Do this and you will pay less for your list.
* Delete unsubscribes on a regular basis - did you know many autoresponders will charge you for those?
* Clean your lists and remove those who have never opened or clicked on your emails
Trick #3: Establish a Relationship With Your List
Don't promote the latest course, script, WordPress plugin, or software every single day. Give them value! Offer free advice, teach them stuff, make them want to open your emails.
In fact, even your promo messages can offer value if you include a cool tip or trick.
That will increase your open and click rates, and you'll earn more per subscriber.
I hope this helps someone!