What should be the Subject line for Email Marketing

by nikku
18 replies
Hi,

I am starting up a new venture for IT company and I am looking forward to start up through email marketing. So I would like to know what subject matter should I keep in subject line so that client must read the full email. Please advice.

Thanks
Nikku
#email #line #marketing #subject
  • Profile picture of the author Sean DeSilva
    Totally depends on the nature of the email.

    "Order confirmation" gets a crazy open rate, but obviously you can't use it for anything other than what it's intended for.

    Ben Settle advocates a daily gossip/pop-culture style. "Did Elon Musk just make a quarter of the world's computers obsolete?" You would close that loop in some slick way, even if the bulk of the email didn't focus on Elon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10643818].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nikku
      Thanks for your comment.

      If I am sending for website and mobile apps development services the what best should I keep?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10643847].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author EmailCopyKing
      Originally Posted by Sean DeSilva View Post

      Totally depends on the nature of the email.

      "Order confirmation" gets a crazy open rate, but obviously you can't use it for anything other than what it's intended for.

      Ben Settle advocates a daily gossip/pop-culture style. "Did Elon Musk just make a quarter of the world's computers obsolete?" You would close that loop in some slick way, even if the bulk of the email didn't focus on Elon.
      Yeah, I mind of agree with Sean.

      Ben's infotainment factors works like gangbusters.

      Storytelling in Emails will go a long way in terms of profits repeat customers.

      Mix the Pop Culture, Daily News, some historical personalities, and you'll have boatloads of content to email.

      If you're using stories, then the best subject line will be the Climax of that story.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10644529].message }}
  • Hi Nikku,

    II go for subject lines that have a little bit of intrigue on them. Or something which tells me there is a value that I can get for opening the email. Here's just some of the most helpful subject lines you can try: 9 Best Email Subject Line Styles to Increase Open Rates | WordStream . Hope it helps!
    Signature
    The ultimate site for your camping, survival, outdoor, adventure and travel needs.
    >> Get your survival and outdoor freebies here <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10644364].message }}
  • Assuming that you have yourself subscribed to offers in the past, take a look at some of the emails that you receive in your inbox from other marketers - get some ideas from these
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10644446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nikku
      Originally Posted by ChantalVanderlaan View Post

      Assuming that you have yourself subscribed to offers in the past, take a look at some of the emails that you receive in your inbox from other marketers - get some ideas from these
      Yes that will be the good option to look at
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10647113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nikhiljoseph
    Let your subject line be crispy and impressive, let it be short and sweet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10645329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author akki26
    email marketing is one in which one client sends its product details to the other clients........................................
    Signature
    *Please read the Forum Rules about Signatures
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10645532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hearn
    Split test. Send 10 at a time and see the open rates. The end goal for you is to sell services, not to open your emails. You can trick them into opening email by saying the Lord Cthulhu has risen in Manhattan, but how many of those will buy app development from you? You should try many titles, including 50% off, free something with every purchase etc.

    Now if you send unsolicited emails because you didn't build a list, expect very low open rates and low sales. I know a few web development companies and none of them made any sales with unsolicited emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10645857].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nikku
      Originally Posted by Hearn View Post

      Split test. Send 10 at a time and see the open rates. The end goal for you is to sell services, not to open your emails. You can trick them into opening email by saying the Lord Cthulhu has risen in Manhattan, but how many of those will buy app development from you? You should try many titles, including 50% off, free something with every purchase etc.

      Now if you send unsolicited emails because you didn't build a list, expect very low open rates and low sales. I know a few web development companies and none of them made any sales with unsolicited emails.

      Yes Infact I totally agree with you, I will write some good offers in the subject line which relates to App and website development and then we can expect some returns.

      So what email content should I keep? Should I include my services or smaple work in my first Email?

      Please advice
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10647123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
    Touch base with me on Skype
    I would like to spend some time advising you about how to get this operation rocking for you.
    Signature
    EMAIL & SMS MARKETING | DATA & LEADS SALES | SYSTEMS SETUP | EXPERT CONSULTING
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10646400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wiztech
    You need to pay more attention to quality of the open and click instead of the quantity. As you know email is not a marketing medium but it is a relationship building medium. You want to build a list of people who buy more than one product off from you.

    A simple guideline is your subject line must be relevant, generate attention and curiosity that your subscribers eager to open to read.

    Example of curiosity subject line: They have done you a great disservice...

    P.S. Use some power words in your subject line can further improve your open rate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10647106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Firecart
    Hello Nikku,

    Kindly go through the blog to get perfect idea about creating a email marketing subject line - 8 Tips for Creating Effective Email Subject Lines | Firecart.io

    I hope this helps.

    Regards,
    Firecart
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10647235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Christensen
    Remember to only use low case

    If you write in caps look people are 25% more likely to skip your email
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10647589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nikku
      Originally Posted by Mike Christensen View Post

      Remember to only use low case

      If you write in caps look people are 25% more likely to skip your email
      Ok, I will make sure to write in low case
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10647758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    make sure the subject line reflects the subject of the email

    al
    Signature

    A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10648099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nikku
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      make sure the subject line reflects the subject of the email

      al
      Yes Al I have done this but as there are lots of service providers many people didnot open the mail.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10648450].message }}

Trending Topics