Role of Email Marketing: To assist your customer from one stage of the customer journey to the next.
3 Types of Emails:
1. Transactional: Order confirmations, Purchase Receipts, etc.
2. Relational: Blogs, Articles, etc.
3. Promotional: Sales, New Product releases, Affiliate products, etc.
Important Facts To Consider:
• Around 30-50% of people on your list could be Un-engaged!
If that's the case, you should set up a re-engagement campaign
To avoid this from happening it is a good rule of thumb to be sure to send emails to your list, 1-3 times a week.
• Within a year's time, 30% of people change their email addresses.
If you find this happening to people on your list that are un-engaged, make sure to asked them to update their email with you.
• It is a known fact in email marketing that your prospect usually takes up to 7-10 emails before they first buy from you.
Hope this helps...