This happens to all of us. We never read the FREE ebooks unless they are REALLY REALLY good or are only 5-page long..
Moreover, offering free ebooks is the most common thing you will find on squeeze pages. So, does it stand out from the rest? Not really..Infact, it makes you similar to thousand other product creators.
So what's the best alternative - something that converts even better than ebooks?
I am not going to ask you to create another FREE product. In fact, I just want you to package your ebook differently. You see, old wine in a new bottle..
Here's an alternative that converts way better than ebooks:
Instead of giving away a free ebook, convert your ebook content into a 7-day course that will be emailed to your subscribers throughout the week. Here is why I think it's a better opt-in bribe than anything else:
1. Courses are perceived as high-value products. What would you opt-in for - a FREE 7-day course on mastering your Facebook ads or a FREE ebook on 'mastering your Facebook ads? I leave that to you.
2. When most of the internet gurus are offering free ebooks - a free course stands out and steals more eyeballs.
3. Creating a course is similar to crafting an ebook. The only difference is the way it is packaged. You send 7 emails in 7 days that not only makes your name familiar with your subscribers but also develop interactive relation.
4. A course is more easily followed than an ebook. Why? Because subscribers perceive information in small bits - easy to absorb and be acted upon. ..And when they read your FULL course, they are more likely to consider you as an authority.
5. A 7-day email means 7 great chances to pitch your subscribers with a tripwire. You see, the power of "P.S" comes here.
These are 5 advantages I can think of at the moment. I bet there are several others. Bottom line: Stop giving FREE ebooks. Instead, package them as 7(or 5)-day course, set an autoresponder, and Bingo!