Okay, I'm now convinced that direct linking doesn't work. I tried it, and got zero results. So now Ive decided to listen to the most common advice here on WF, YouTube and several other places. The Moneys in the List. I get it now.
I'm committed to spending the time needed to create on online business. So of course Ive been researching the sales funnel and I understand building a squeeze page, giving away a free offer (free report, video etc.) to capture emails and potential customers and I understand emailing my list once or twice a week with a combination of freebees and sales offers, but there's a couple things I still don't understand, and I cant seem to find the answer anywhere.
So here are my main questions:
Once I have a person on my email list and they've opted in:
1. Do I use the information from the Clickbank vendors affiliate page? I noticed most vendors have emails already created you can send out. Should I use the pre-created vendors emails to send and communicate with my list? Or should I create my own free products in the same niche, related to the product I want to promote and communication with my list that way? (and I'm good at that kind of thing, I have no problem creating free, useful informational products to give away, that are also engaging. I'm a reporter so I know how do research, compile information and present it in a way people can digest)
2. As far as the up sell, if I send people on my list to the product owners sales page (after giving them the free offer of course), doesn't the product owner offer the up-sell? How do I send them the up sell after I send them the initial offer?
3. What do I do with my list over time, over the next several months or years?
4. If I get them to buy the product I originally wanted them to buy, what do I do with them afterwords? Do I send them product offers from other niches? Can I offer them products they were not originally interested in? For example, if I am promoting a diet program and they go through my sales funnel and then they buy my offer, can I then send them offers for car repair, dog training, wood working, etc. What offers do I send them afterwords? Do I just keep promoting other products from the same niche to my email list? Maybe later branch out and send them similar products in the same niche form Amazon, for example?
5. Also, should I set up a website for the affiliate diet plan I'm promoting (using the same example), separate from the product owner where I review the product and create a few informational articles? or do I just send the product owners link to them through my email offers, to the product owners sales page?
6. Can I promote my squeeze page and free offer through Bing & Google?
Thanks everybody, I hope my questions weren't too detailed. I appreciate any advice or insight you can offer.