Relationship-building and value for software business?

4 replies
Hello!

I'm an introvert and also have some mild Asperger's. I am having a tough time connecting with people (online or in real life).

Because of this, my results with my email list suffer.

The people on my list are mainly interested in automation software. They aren't that big on reading.

I'm looking for someone who can be creating relationship-building emails to my list. But I have trouble even giving them guidelines.

Should they send free reports? My people aren't big readers.

I know that some people will say "Relationship building should be done by you - bite the bullet and do it". But doing any type of writing burns me out.

What guidelines do you think I could give to someone who has relationship-building in their blood and who want to take on this task?

I do want to offer value to my list, but I need help.

Thanks!
#business #relationshipbuilding #software
  • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
    Originally Posted by perneali45 View Post

    Hello!

    I'm an introvert and also have some mild Asperger's. I am having a tough time connecting with people (online or in real life).

    Because of this, my results with my email list suffer.

    The people on my list are mainly interested in automation software. They aren't that big on reading.

    I'm looking for someone who can be creating relationship-building emails to my list. But I have trouble even giving them guidelines.

    Should they send free reports? My people aren't big readers.

    I know that some people will say "Relationship building should be done by you - bite the bullet and do it". But doing any type of writing burns me out.

    What guidelines do you think I could give to someone who has relationship-building in their blood and who want to take on this task?

    I do want to offer value to my list, but I need help.

    Thanks!
    Hey

    I don't think you should let some condition dictate the level of success you want.

    To answer your question, consider going onto Fiverr, or Upwork or Freelancer.com.

    Find someone who has experience writing copy, show them your landing page, explain to them what the software does, and ask them to take a lead on putting together your swipes.

    I think your assumption that your subscribers do not like to read is incorrect, instead I think you are right in assuming that you are not a copywriter and therefore do not get the engagement metrics of someone who is a very good copywriter.

    Try outsourcing this and doing some A/B split testing with some of the swipes that you get, and then work from there to continually make it better.

    I hope this helps.
    Signature
    EMAIL & SMS MARKETING | DATA & LEADS SALES | SYSTEMS SETUP | EXPERT CONSULTING
    Let's Connect On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | LeadsPlusData.Com - View All Data Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11002647].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by ProducerK View Post

      Hey

      I don't think you should let some condition dictate the level of success you want.
      Unless, of course your diagnosis has serious ramifications on how you are able to function in the real world on a daily basis.

      Just make believe your condition doesn't actually exist. If you do that, you can achieve anything you want in life. No limitations.

      If you find yourself struggling, try some other bromides.

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11004324].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ProducerK
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        Unless, of course your diagnosis has serious ramifications on how you are able to function in the real world on a daily basis.

        Just make believe your condition doesn't actually exist. If you do that, you can achieve anything you want in life. No limitations.

        If you find yourself struggling, try some other bromides.

        Frank
        I am sure there are plenty of people who can read about or speak too, who have been dealt really shitty hands in life, have dealt with all kinds of mental illness or conditions they are unable to control, and have done very well for themselves.

        Sure, having a condition might limit some of your abilities, but the OP was speaking about not having the skills or social ques to really connect with his users, or really dictate to someone else what he wanted them to do.

        I am an extrovert, I run a very successful online business, and I am terrible at managing people. You need to identify your strengths and weaknesses as a person, and use other people to fill the positions where you are not as strong.

        Also, here are some people who are suspected to have your condition, or are suspected to be on the spectrum:

        Dan Aykroyd
        Vladimir Putin
        Bill Gates
        Andy Warhol
        Robin Williams
        Tim Burton

        Keep your head up OP, good help is not that hard to find, just find the right person who can ask you the right questions and can make working with you easy.
        Signature
        EMAIL & SMS MARKETING | DATA & LEADS SALES | SYSTEMS SETUP | EXPERT CONSULTING
        Let's Connect On Skype: Kyle.Shea.777 | LeadsPlusData.Com - View All Data Here
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11004350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SSSJames
    Agree with Producer. Outsourcing it is the way to go.

    If your time/effort is better spent on something other than crafting emails, find someone to fill that gap, ASAP. Look for a creative, sociable extrovert and show them your website, and tell them as simply as possible what you want.

    Let them come back at you with any questions they might have about content direction, etc. and that should be enough to get started.

    Yes, constantly monitor and test different content, see what works best and get them to do more of that. Also a great learning opportunity for you.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11003750].message }}

Trending Topics