15 replies
I am sending a cold email and I need help in choosing an email subject line. I want to offer a public speaking workshop through email. Which among the following email subject line should I use so that it is mostly be open?

1.Terrible at public speaking but your position requires it?

2. Afraid of public speaking but your position requires it?

3. Want to become better at public speaking in a short period of time?

4. Do you have to deliver presentations but wish you had better tools with which to do so?
#cold #email #sending
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dnmarketin
    My thoughts are this. Take them with a grain of salt.

    The questions are a "yes" or "no" answer. Pretty open ended questions. But if you peek their curiosity with Learn How to.... or Discover how to... I think the emails would open more. You could try no. 1 and try "Learn how to overcome that terrible feeling of public speaking" or "Discover how to eliminate the butterflies when speaking to the public? and see which one has a better open rate.

    Like for me... i don't have a problem of public speaking. However if you are targeting people like me, you could say: Learn how to speak in public better with power. You could test that one with No. 3.

    Hope that helps you out. Let me know how that turns out. Cheers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525303].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
    Administrator
    Number three is great, but remove the short period of time. IMO being better at public speaking requires time, and you want your intended reach to be engaging with you for quite some time.


    Originally Posted by Cris Dawal View Post

    I am sending a cold email and I need help in choosing an email subject line. I want to offer a public speaking workshop through email. Which among the following email subject line should I use so that it is mostly be open?

    1.Terrible at public speaking but your position requires it?

    2. Afraid of public speaking but your position requires it?

    3. Want to become better at public speaking in a short period of time?

    4. Do you have to deliver presentations but wish you had better tools with which to do so?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blindbiz
    Because you have loads of competition I think a snarky or hard hitting headline is needed.
    Are you familiar with Kelvin Dorsey? He may have your answer in one of his short books.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walterwhite1
    what is cold email and how does that works can you tell plz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525685].message }}
    • Hi,
      A cold email is an unsolicited e-mail that is sent to a receiver without prior contact. It could also be defined as the email equivalent of cold calling. Cold email is not spam.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525764].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Sleekinfosolutions View Post

        Hi,
        A cold email is an unsolicited e-mail that is sent to a receiver without prior contact. It could also be defined as the email equivalent of cold calling. Cold email is not spam.
        And also cold mailing is allowed in certain countries only.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11526362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slaywriter
    I think you should consider reducing the amount of words you're using. Most emails are opened on a mobile nowadays so long words like that would be truncated. Try to limit it between 4 to 7 words max.

    Subject lines for emails work differently than article headlines. So try to keep it short but interesting.

    It could just be.

    Terrified of public speaking?

    Want to become better at public speaking?

    Or if you want to pique curiosity, something like

    He stopped quaking in his boots when...

    Of course like others have said, you never really know what works except to do an A/B split test of your best headlines. Just mind the length.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aruvin Chan
    Whichever you go with, add an appropriate emoji.

    Personally I like the first one.

    "Terrible" is a relatively-uncommon word, so it catches the eye.

    It probably also speaks directly to the pain of your prospect.

    "Terrible" is probably the word they use to describe their public speaking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11525970].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WF- Enzo
      Administrator
      Ahh yes, emojis. It's the quintessential element in every subject. Adds emotion and hip to your email.

      Originally Posted by Aruvin Chan View Post

      Whichever you go with, add an appropriate emoji.

      Personally I like the first one.

      "Terrible" is a relatively-uncommon word, so it catches the eye.

      It probably also speaks directly to the pain of your prospect.

      "Terrible" is probably the word they use to describe their public speaking.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11528960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author frantasticindia
    A cold email is an unsolicited e-mail that is sent to a receiver without prior contact. It could also be defined as the email equivalent of cold calling. Cold email is not spam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11526044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    The best email subject lines are with the least words. Solve a problem your market has with the fewest words possible. Thats number one. The second is do some split testing and measure your open rates and then choose the best one.
    Signature
    Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
    Click Here Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11526302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author helisell
    Do you have any handle on the sort of responses you are going to get?

    Typically with cold email it will be very low unless you are cold emailing toa specific highly targetted audience. That will have a way more dramatic effect on your success or failure than the subject line.

    I'm not so sure about the advice you've had about shorter being better.
    Signature

    Making Calls To Sell Something? What are you actually saying?
    Is there any room for improvement? Want to find out?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11526319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keenier
    Is cold email an effective marketing strategy?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11528213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author meaditirao
    I think the 2nd one is better. If you want to increase the opening rate of your emails, you must add a subject line and it should :
    - Contain the name of the recipient
    - Short
    - Real
    - Relevant
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11529277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Forster
    I'd keep it generic and something that doesn't seem like a pitch from the onset. Something like "Improving Public Speaking", "Public Speaking in corporate settings", or even something as plain as "Public Speaking Course". Generally these give you higher open and response rates than sales-y questions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11548020].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics