Soft selling email templates?

5 replies
Hi guys, I'm trying to get my email marketing campaign off the ground. I'm in the weight loss vertical. I've written a 52 week autoresponder series but I don't know how to create emails that sell.

I've read that there's two options: soft selling (story telling) and hard selling (eg discounts, coupons, etc).

Where can I find soft selling email templates? Do you have any examples that I can use?

I would like to sell clickbank products.

Thanks
#email #selling #soft #templates
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by BluesPlayer View Post

    I've written a 52 week autoresponder series but I don't know how to create emails that sell.
    I'm a bit confused - if you're looking for content templates, what have you written in your 52-week autoresponder series?
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622982].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BluesPlayer
      Thanks for your reply Frank. So far, I've written content on how to lose weight/put on muscle in 6 weeks. Someone on another IM forum told me to follow the Praeto Principle when it comes to email marketing. So, 80% of my email marketing content is helpful advice that I give to my subscribers (eg about weight loss) and then the other 20% is selling (soft or hard).

      I'm a bit stumped when it comes to selling via email marketing though. I've googled email templates for soft selling and there's not much info out there. I found one template that was ok but I don't think it's enough.

      Another possible way to sell is simply to put at the bottom of my emails: "Have you checked out the 7-Figure Affiliate System? We're glad we did. It's by far the best way to make money online. Click here to learn more about it." It's a non-intrusive way of plugging a product.

      Any thoughts?
      Signature

      "All marketers are liars" - Seth Godin
      "Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the 'gotta have it' scale" - Zig Ziglar

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Originally Posted by BluesPlayer View Post

        Any thoughts?
        My first thought is to start with the reason your subscribers signed up for your emails. What did you promise to provide them with in return for their email address - Educational content? Health tips? Product recommendations?

        Whatever it was, your emails need to deliver on that promise. If you go the soft sell route, you could send a pure sales email say, every 3rd or 4th broadcast. Or you could sign off with a strong sales message at the end of each email.

        If you're not sure about your list's responsiveness, the easiest way to find out is to divide your list into two or more segments and split test different types of email.

        As I said, it comes down to why your subscribers signed up in the first place - but also what your own intentions are. If you want to develop a long-term relationship, maybe start with a softer approach and give them more of yourself in the emails.

        If your aim is to sell as many of a particular Clickbank product as you can, it might be more effective to hit them with a harder sell from the beginning.
        Signature
        TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622989].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BluesPlayer
          Thanks for your input.

          I forgot to mention that I wouldn't necessarily use an internet marketing/affiliate marketing product offer for a weight loss niche email list. It was just an example.
          Signature

          "All marketers are liars" - Seth Godin
          "Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the 'gotta have it' scale" - Zig Ziglar

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11622993].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DABK
            Sign up here https://nobsinnercircle.com/blog/ to see how Dan Kennedy does it.

            Sign up on https://doubleyourdating.com/ to see how Eban Pagan (aka David Diangelo) does it.



            Study what their landing pages, study the promise in the form, study what they send.



            Originally Posted by BluesPlayer View Post

            Thanks for your input.

            I forgot to mention that I wouldn't necessarily use an internet marketing/affiliate marketing product offer for a weight loss niche email list. It was just an example.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11623466].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics