I Need Some Wise Suggestions For This Problem...

10 replies
Hi to all Wise Warriors,

I'm trying to find a solution for this problem, but I couldn't seem to do it. Maybe, some of you here might know about the solutions...

Usually, we are promoting zip submit/email submit, by sending the visitors to our website/blog/landing pages, then redirect them to the specific offer's pages.

However, instead of sending them directly to the specific offer's pages only ONE TIME, is it possible for us to "Capture" the visitor's emails by using some software/tool alike autoresponder?

I need a software/method that can "Capture" visitor's emails and build a "Handsome Email List", while visitors filling up their zip/email on the specific offer's pages.

Best regards,
wilhb81.
#problem #suggestions #wise
  • Profile picture of the author wilhb81
    Not even a single warrior want to give me some hint here?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9480620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Holmes
    You're working backwards... what you want isn't possible.

    In essence, you want to take control of a session on ANOTHER website... were that possible, the Internet literally couldn't exist. *NO* business could be conducted, because anyone could jump in and steal account & password information...

    What you should be doing is offering a free gift to get people to sign up to your list - THEN you can send 'em to CPA offers.

    I'm guessing that this is why no-one answered... you're asking the impossible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9480805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markeeter
    Let me take this with a different approach...

    "CAPTURE" wouldn't be the right term you could use but rather recommending. You said that you and your team are promoting zip submit/email submit, a way to get traffic/market by sending these visitors to your sites then redirect them to the specific offer's pages (Not sure what method you're using but I'll take a wild guess, usually articles/blog posts/forums that promote the products/services/etc. that these specific offer's pages are trying to sell. With the help of keyphrases, anchortexts and maybe a few links here and there.)

    This one's a long shot since you haven't mentioned at least of your sites for me to check out so I have an idea but let's give it a shot anyway. You and your team run zip submit/email submit sites, you probably have members or people who are subscribed to your sites meaning they've filled up a bio of sorts with information including their emails right? Why not start with those and build up your "Handsome Email List" from scratch, send them daily emails and newsletters, and since they are already members there (assuming you aren't influencing them in anyway) they can have access to the other specific offer's pages which can generate you a few more revenue. After you could probably encourage them to invite other people to sign up/subscribe to your sites and add to your Email List. Then the part of the "Handsome Email List" you have in mind you could use this list with the accounts (username only) and send them with emails and newsletters to check out your other sites/offer's pages as well. It'll be like a growing community of people cycling and sharing the word about your sites.

    But what the good gentleman, Ben Holmes said, "CAPTURE"-ing the emails (assuming you also want their passwords) is not moral my good man. It's like you want to take over the accounts of those people who visited your sites, take private information and using their accounts to gain more traffic/market by juggling through the sites with accounts that do not belong to you. But he is right about the gift thing though, try promoting your sites by giving your visitors incentives or something to expect if they sign up for your sites, which of course they'll provide you with their email accounts and such, and you can build your Handsome Email List from there with a clean conscience because they allowed it.

    At any rate, this is all just friendly advice my good man and I'm actually new here in this forum (a few days I think) and I want to be part of the community as best as I can. And I do apologize for this REALLY long reply, I must've hit you in the head with a brick wall or something...
    Signature

    Having Email Deliverability issues?
    Head off to Winning Email for a free checkup!

    Looking for a freemium Social Media Manager?
    You may wanna check out DoSocial

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9480955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    Why not just make them sign up and then redirect them to the offer you are promoting?

    Just make the offer you promote the thank you page, then you have their email and are able to follow up on them, plus you are making money from the offer at the same time.

    To give an example (not email submit), there used to be a CPA offer (i don't think that exists anymore though) which paid about a dollar to download a calorie counter for weightloss. What you could do was create a squeeze page giving away a free calorie counter, and redirect them to the offer after they sign up. Then you have their email address plus you make money from the CPA offer.

    If you use your creativity a little you can make this work for nearly all CPA offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9480986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by wilhb81 View Post

    I need a software/method that can "Capture" visitor's emails and build a "Handsome Email List", while visitors filling up their zip/email on the specific offer's pages.
    I hope there isn't one. If there were, it probably wouldn't be legal to use it, anyway.

    You're looking for a way of harvesting the email addresses that people put into other people's websites.

    The right way round, to do this, is to collect their email addresses (voluntarily - in a way that they know and understand that they're giving you their email addresses, because they want you to have their email addresses, because they want to hear from you) before you "send" them anywhere else. You might have to incentivize them, somehow, for that to happen.

    Email marketing is permission-based.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9481009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      There was a time where you could harvest emails from the browser's Document Object Model. There was actually a variable you could tap to scrape the email.

      Fortunately, this security hole was closed over a decade ago.

      Stick to permission marketing for list building.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9481492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author postadviser
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      I hope there isn't one. If there were, it probably wouldn't be legal to use it, anyway.

      You're looking for a way of harvesting the email addresses that people put into other people's websites.

      The right way round, to do this, is to collect their email addresses (voluntarily - in a way that they know and understand that they're giving you their email addresses, because they want you to have their email addresses, because they want to hear from you) before you "send" them anywhere else. You might have to incentivize them, somehow, for that to happen.

      Email marketing is permission-based.

      .
      Agreed @Alexa
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9481519].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author postadviser
    Originally Posted by wilhb81 View Post

    Hi to all Wise Warriors,

    I'm trying to find a solution for this problem, but I couldn't seem to do it. Maybe, some of you here might know about the solutions...

    Usually, we are promoting zip submit/email submit, by sending the visitors to our website/blog/landing pages, then redirect them to the specific offer's pages.

    However, instead of sending them directly to the specific offer's pages only ONE TIME, is it possible for us to "Capture" the visitor's emails by using some software/tool alike autoresponder?

    I need a software/method that can "Capture" visitor's emails and build a "Handsome Email List", while visitors filling up their zip/email on the specific offer's pages.

    Best regards,
    wilhb81.
    Sure its possible through CURL & PHP script, we caught one of our publishers using that kind of script on our offers and legal got involved and he ended up coming clean with how it was done, we even had a subpoena for the script he used to be presented and shown how its done... So, yea it can be done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9481512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author postadviser
    What you should do is simply put a content locker on your lander (if its an incent offer that is...) and once they confirm their email they go to the content or offer etc... This way everyone wins, you get your subscriber and the network/advertiser from the affiliate program your promoting gets their lead (y)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9481523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wilhb81
    Thanks for all your genuine suggestions, guys

    Ben Holmes: I love your idea about the "Free gift", might going to try it.
    markeeter: Thanks for making a new account to tell me your opinion, much appreciated .
    JensSteyaert: Wow, your idea is brilliant, two birds with one stone, awesome buddy
    Alexa Smith: Thanks for your lesson, I will keep that in mind
    JohnMcCabe: Yup, you're right about the "browser's Document Object Model", buddy. Think I should stick with the basic list building method
    postadviser: Hmm, I heard about this "CURL & PHP script" before, but I'm not so sure about how it works... By the way, I liked your idea about the "Content locker", that's sounds astounding
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9487012].message }}

Trending Topics