Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace (https://www.warriorforum.com/)
-   Finished Contests & Challenges (https://www.warriorforum.com/finished-contests-challenges/)
-   -   Chris Egan's Software Challenge (https://www.warriorforum.com/finished-contests-challenges/311962-chris-egans-software-challenge.html)

Chris Dolan 8th January 2011 12:07 AM

Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Challenge us to make your software idea into a software reality, and own a share of the business.

The challenge is simple and wonderful.

Think about a software tool (non-existant) that would help the majority of Warriors - and explain as much information as you are comfortable with talking about here - include why you think Warriors will want the tool, and what essential features it must have.

The Prizes

For the user voted best idea! The First Prize -
You will own 50% of whatever site/software that gets created. We will work with you and then launch the software together.

Prize delivered within 1-2 months following selection of winners.

For the user voted second best idea! The Second Prize -
You will own 50% of whatever site/software that gets created. We will work with you and then launch the software together.

What we are looking for is ideas for what the software does, how it helps users, why there is a gap, and if you have user interface (what the tool looks like) ideas, great.

It must be something our programers can create within a 3 week time-frame.

While the users votes will decide the result of the challenge, we will need to ok the idea to make sure that it can be done and within a reasonable timeframe. Since we will be putting up the development costs of more than $1000 per prize this is a great Challenge.

BONUS PRIZE - EVERYONE WINS THE CHALLENGE
================================================
All entries will receive a Free Copy of our IM Launch Script
(
http://www.imlaunchscript.com) worth $47

After your submission has been verified here -
Please email me (
chris.egan@inetmarketeers.com) with your
prefered email address and password - and we will give you a
free account - which includes a Product Launch training pack.
================================================

bareket57 30th January 2011 04:20 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Thank you for this wonderful contest! This is just what I need – there are so many things I need for my websites.
First of all I need a Wordpress plugin which enables me to integrate a phpBB Forum into the blog. I also need a Facebook application which enables me to integrate my Wordpress phpBB Forum with live-feed into my Facebook fanpage. That is a kind of live connection between my integrated Wordpress phpBB Forum and my phpBB Forum in the special fanpage tab that whenever a facebook fan posts something then a user logged into my Wordpress phpBB Forum will see the message there on Wordpress and be able to reply with the facebook fan seeing the reply.
I apologize for my clumsy writing – technical descriptions are not my strong side. If what I have tried to explain isn't clear enough, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Love & Light :)

donk 31st January 2011 01:23 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 

Simple online graphic editor for web marketers:

1: User uploads one or more pictures

2: Adds a template from a predefined set as one of the pictures

3: Manipulates the picture(s) - resize, crop, move to correct spot, move forward, move backward, annotates text to it

4: Saves the picture as a single picture file in choice of formats with the option to download it



Seems simple enough with today's technology, and has probably been done before, but here is the twist that I haven't seen: make it available both as an online service that people can use, and also as a tool that developers can use in their own sites, much like this WYSIWYG editor is for text, the program I described could be for pics.

That way by using the right templates, people could do things like create ebook covers, banner ads, postcards, mini-site headers & footers, WordPress Themes, flow charts, newsletter layouts, etc. without having to leave the website.

Graphic Artists could be recruited to create templates for various things, and scripts could be added later to enable easy and/or automatic conversion from one item to another. i.e. create a company logo and have it automatically added to WordPress Theme, ebook cover, cd cover, banner ad, etc.

There are lots, and lots of applications for this, as well as many different ways to monetize it, so if you decide to do this let me know as I have many more ideas related to this that I don't really want to share in a public forum. ;)

NOTE: This doesn't have to be a full-blown Photoshop clone as that is way too overpowering for a regular user. This should just be something simple, so that one could get decent looking graphics done very quickly and inexpensively without having to leave the web to do it.

i.e. This needs to be something the average Facebook user could use to combine pics without having to leave Facebook.

wanna-succeed 31st January 2011 04:37 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
This is definitely a stimulating contest. I saw it and immediatly the creative parts of my brain started lighting up.

I am not very advanced when it comes to understanding software, however I do have a idea for something which could prove to be a great resource for any who use it.

I was thinking along the lines of a tool that would be able to helps us IMers locate each other. What I mean by this is a tool that would induce JVs & interactions between IMers in the same niche, or those with common interests.
Rather than having to do this manually by shooting an offer out there and hoping there is someone out there like you, who will also accept the offer, an automated service would be able to provide the meet.
It could be a website where you register into, and for a monthly\1-time fee, you could hook up with online business people of your kind.
This could work for everyone - IMers, vendors, offline business owners looking for online help etc....
If 2 people are interested in each other's work, a private online chat room could be set up. 1 person could initiate the meet, and if the other agrees, the meet would take place, much like adding friends on facebook.
I hope my idea makes sense. It would help us network more efficiently, form new strings with the right people.

I don't know if such a thing exists, however I think it would do well.
Of course us warriors better get a good price...:D

blueclcl 31st January 2011 06:48 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
I,m not sure if these are already in circulation but I'l suggest them anyway.

I wouldn't mind a piece of software that can help me to create a sales page for my future WSO.

Something that you fill in the gaps and the software does the rest.

It would save me and any other non expert copyrighters a lot of hassle.

What I was thinking was at first you would have a choice of say 20 or more starting headlines to choose from for example:

Don't miss out ..........
At last a Fool-Proof .........
Fantastic Reviews from...........

and you then fill in the gaps.

and so on with the sub headlines,starting paragraphs,bulletts,closing paragraphs and a section to place in your paypal code.

you would then click a button that says create sales page and you are given the html or text version of the sales page to use in the WSO section of the forum.

My next suggestion for software is Wordpress set up application that will basically set up a wordpress blog on your server,it will fill in your required permalinks,change the reading settings and fill in your permalinks and so on.

Also a plugin for wordpress that takes your post,spins it and post it to various web 2 sites would be amazing!

Also a new War Room thread alert but there is probably already one of them.

Sorry if these are already out there but if they are I haven,t seen them before.

Kind regards

Blueclcl

donk 31st January 2011 08:40 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
blueclcl,

As to your first suggestion, I actually have this already. You can check out the pre-release version at:
http://www.copywriterskingdom.com/InstantCopywriter/
To be released soon as a WSO for a short time, then later to the general public.
Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers.

maestropanda 31st January 2011 09:25 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
I have quite alot of ideas, however, is your team willing to do a blackhat tool? If so, please notify me via PM and I'll come back to post them.

Chris Dolan 31st January 2011 11:25 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by donk (Post 3283863)
blueclcl,

As to your first suggestion, I actually have this already. You can check out the pre-release version at:
http://www.copywriterskingdom.com/InstantCopywriter/
To be released soon as a WSO for a short time, then later to the general public.
Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Please use PM's to highlight products to users - not posting in here -

As a side note, from reading the user entry it seems that the tool would step by step guide the user as he creates his WSO post to go in here - which should include making the correct forum code to display in the WSO post including videos, text, graphic links etc. Its a nice software idea we are looking at the implications!!!

Chris

Chris Dolan 31st January 2011 11:27 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maestropanda (Post 3284067)
I have quite alot of ideas, however, is your team willing to do a BlueFart tool? If so, please notify me via PM and I'll come back to post them.

Replied via PM.

blueclcl 1st February 2011 03:28 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3284600)
Please use PM's to highlight products to users - not posting in here -

As a side note, from reading the user entry it seems that the tool would step by step guide the user as he creates his WSO post to go in here - which should include making the correct forum code to display in the WSO post including videos, text, graphic links etc. Its a nice software idea we are looking at the implications!!!

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes ,this is what I mean, for use in WSO

Kind regards

Colin

wanna-succeed 1st February 2011 05:02 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
I hate to ruin your buzz but there are software programs that create sales pages, ads, banners etc... You get get all the needed content and then just organize it to your haert's content.
Market Samurai does this, along with a few others.

Chris Dolan 1st February 2011 08:51 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanna-succeed (Post 3285664)
I hate to ruin your buzz but there are software programs that create sales pages, ads, banners etc... You get get all the needed content and then just organize it to your haert's content.
Market Samurai does this, along with a few others.

Hi Wanna-Succeed,

I wish there was a software that did what the user is talking about - there isn't - there are different tools to do different (but similar) things, but not to do a WSO from helping user develop the title, text, layout, images, links, tags, etc.

Thanks for your comments.

Chris

Chris Dolan 1st February 2011 08:55 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanna-succeed (Post 3279442)
This is definitely a stimulating contest. I saw it and immediatly the creative parts of my brain started lighting up.

I am not very advanced when it comes to understanding software, however I do have a idea for something which could prove to be a great resource for any who use it.

I was thinking along the lines of a tool that would be able to helps us IMers locate each other. What I mean by this is a tool that would induce JVs & interactions between IMers in the same niche, or those with common interests.
Rather than having to do this manually by shooting an offer out there and hoping there is someone out there like you, who will also accept the offer, an automated service would be able to provide the meet.
It could be a website where you register into, and for a monthly1-time fee, you could hook up with online business people of your kind.
This could work for everyone - IMers, vendors, offline business owners looking for online help etc....
If 2 people are interested in each other's work, a private online chat room could be set up. 1 person could initiate the meet, and if the other agrees, the meet would take place, much like adding friends on facebook.
I hope my idea makes sense. It would help us network more efficiently, form new strings with the right people.

I don't know if such a thing exists, however I think it would do well.
Of course us warriors better get a good price...:D

Couldn't this be done via the JV forum here?

Chris

wanna-succeed 1st February 2011 09:49 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3286520)
Couldn't this be done via the JV forum here?

Chris

It could have been, if the JV forum was the one asking for advice....:rolleyes:

Chris Dolan 3rd February 2011 06:48 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanna-succeed (Post 3286805)
It could have been, if the JV forum was the one asking for advice....:rolleyes:

What I mean is via the JV forums here you can develop the relationships you mention.

Having some type of software to manage contacts would be interesting, but not sure where the software fits - if its sold, who would buy it, if its given free, how do you monetize it.

Thanks

Chris

wanna-succeed 3rd February 2011 08:50 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3298602)
What I mean is via the JV forums here you can develop the relationships you mention.

I apologize, I misinterpreted Chris...:o

Having some type of software to manage contacts would be interesting, but not sure where the software fits - if its sold, who would buy it, if its given free, how do you monetize it.

Thanks

Chris

Good questions.
I think a good way to monitize would be to take a fixed free for every JV posted, just like it costs money to start threads in certain areas of this forum.
It could be 10$ (example) to start a JV in a specific area, and then perhaps another 10$ for a person who accepts the offer. Maybe up to 3 people could accept each offer.
After the offer was accepted, maybe the 2 sides would be able to discuss terms & details in a chat.
Just ideas.
Ofcourse any platform of sufficient size could also monetize itself by ad space....I'm not genius when it comes to monetization, however I'm sure if the forum\platform got enough use, it wouldn't be too hard. I think getting it populated would be the main hurdle.
Other than that, I don't think the software would be very tricky, it all exists in some form. It's basically an idea to develop what the JV section of this forum offers.

This by all means is critique towards this forum, it's just an idea I had for this specific challenge.:)

mktbiz 3rd February 2011 03:43 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
A easy to use autoresponder interface that a secretary in a doctor or dentist office could use to send out notifications about appointments rather than having to call everybody. It could have a google calendar like interface and in addition to emails could also send out text messages if they gave their cell phone number. Maybe ability for customer to text if they need to cancel an appointment or check on when their appointment is.

Chris Dolan 4th February 2011 01:13 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mktbiz (Post 3301540)
A easy to use autoresponder interface that a secretary in a doctor or dentist office could use to send out notifications about appointments rather than having to call everybody. It could have a google calendar like interface and in addition to emails could also send out text messages if they gave their cell phone number. Maybe ability for customer to text if they need to cancel an appointment or check on when their appointment is.

This is an interesting idea, although it may already exist I will do some investigation - sending sms, and emails for appointment management ... It may have several applications too.

cybernet 4th February 2011 06:39 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mktbiz (Post 3301540)
A easy to use autoresponder interface that a secretary in a doctor or dentist office could use to send out notifications about appointments rather than having to call everybody. It could have a google calendar like interface and in addition to emails could also send out text messages if they gave their cell phone number. Maybe ability for customer to text if they need to cancel an appointment or check on when their appointment is.

I could use software like that for my local clients.

cybernet 4th February 2011 07:18 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Here is my idea... Call it "Save Trees Coupons". Yes, it's environment friendly:)

create a web-based and mobile platform that will allow :

1. consumers to submit the product/services that they would like to buy LOCALLY now or in the immediate future

2. LOCAL registered merchants to be notified when a product/service they're selling matches
the desired product/service that consumers willing to purchase.
When a system finds a match the consumer automatically gets a discounted coupon/offer
from the merchant via email and/or SMS (at the consumers' choice)

3. Consumers MUST have a complete control over who and what is emailed/SMSed to them


The idea is for the consumer to get what they want at the time WHEN THEY NEED IT from local merchants. Once they bought the product the consumer should have power to stop emails/SMS COUPONS (or set the system to another NEW product/service that they want to buy)

People love receiving COUPONS from local merchants IF and WHEN they need THAT particular product/service.

In other words the coupons MUST be RELEVANT to their current need and location.

When the consumers' needs change - they should be able to control that via web-based platform and MOBILE application - the offers (coupons) from the local merchants MUST change too. If someone wants to buy a new TV set, don't send them a coupon for realtor's services.

The merchants should be able to login to their accounts and set:
- offers(coupons)
- products/services they offer (maybe hook this up to their inventory management software)
- location of the store
- etc.


The system should take into account GEO-location of the merchant's store and the consumer
Allow consumers to choose the offers according to :
-proximity of the consumer's current location to the merchant's store
- to the chosen merchants they'd like to receive offer from

Consumers should be able to exclude certain merchants from delivering coupons to them.


You can also introduce SOCIAL MEDIA type of interactions between consumers (reviews, opinions, etc.)


If you create a software like that I'll be FIRST in line to buy it. Offline/Local/Mobile is hot here at warriors forum and everywhere else. PLUS it's a useful service for both local consumers and merchants.

:)

Chris Dolan 6th February 2011 05:21 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cybernet (Post 3305061)
Here is my idea... Call it "Save Trees Coupons". Yes, it's environment friendly:)

create a web-based and mobile platform that will allow :

1. consumers to submit the product/services that they would like to buy LOCALLY now or in the immediate future

2. LOCAL registered merchants to be notified when a product/service they're selling matches
the desired product/service that consumers willing to purchase.
When a system finds a match the consumer automatically gets a discounted coupon/offer
from the merchant via email and/or SMS (at the consumers' choice)

3. Consumers MUST have a complete control over who and what is emailed/SMSed to them


The idea is for the consumer to get what they want at the time WHEN THEY NEED IT from local merchants. Once they bought the product the consumer should have power to stop emails/SMS COUPONS (or set the system to another NEW product/service that they want to buy)

People love receiving COUPONS from local merchants IF and WHEN they need THAT particular product/service.

In other words the coupons MUST be RELEVANT to their current need and location.

When the consumers' needs change - they should be able to control that via web-based platform and MOBILE application - the offers (coupons) from the local merchants MUST change too. If someone wants to buy a new TV set, don't send them a coupon for realtor's services.

The merchants should be able to login to their accounts and set:
- offers(coupons)
- products/services they offer (maybe hook this up to their inventory management software)
- location of the store
- etc.


The system should take into account GEO-location of the merchant's store and the consumer
Allow consumers to choose the offers according to :
-proximity of the consumer's current location to the merchant's store
- to the chosen merchants they'd like to receive offer from

Consumers should be able to exclude certain merchants from delivering coupons to them.


You can also introduce SOCIAL MEDIA type of interactions between consumers (reviews, opinions, etc.)


If you create a software like that I'll be FIRST in line to buy it. Offline/Local/Mobile is hot here at warriors forum and everywhere else. PLUS it's a useful service for both local consumers and merchants.

:)

Sounds very interesting - will discuss with a coder who can determine the implications.

Chris Dolan 11th February 2011 01:40 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
PLEASE VOTE NOW !!!!

How to vote, simple post a comment about which software you think we should make, then we can contact the winners and start to develop their prize.

Thanks

bareket57 11th February 2011 02:40 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Since I took part in this contest, I obviously can't vote because it would be biased. However even if my suggestion doesn't receive the maximum votes, I hope that you or someone will develop this kind of application. Personally I desperately need such an application for my blogs and I'm sure others do as well. I tried the buddypress plugin for some time but it has too many bugs and it's interface is difficult to navigate. The phpBB Forum application is the most widely used and the general public are famillier with it's interface.

blueclcl 12th February 2011 02:04 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Can't believe this challange hasn't had more replies.

Anyway if I can vote for myself then I will and in second place would be cybernet

Kind regards

blueclcl

lloydh 13th February 2011 03:08 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3303970)
This is an interesting idea, although it may already exist I will do some investigation - sending sms, and emails for appointment management ... It may have several applications too.

Check out DiJiJog- Complete Marketing and Appointment Reminder system this site does that plus it has a marketing system built into it it emails and sends text messages.

Slaughter 13th February 2011 03:40 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
@Chris Egan:

Are you still taking in more entries?

bareket57 13th February 2011 05:50 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karan Goel (Post 3355866)
@Chris Egan:

Are you still taking in more entries?

I saw your website and I must say that I really liked it. You've got great resources. I downloaded this application:
KooBits – eBook Collections Simplified

Good Luck!

Slaughter 13th February 2011 06:17 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bareket57 (Post 3356096)
I saw your website and I must say that I really liked it. You've got great resources. I downloaded this application:
KooBits – eBook Collections Simplified

Good Luck!

Oh! And guess what, I'm just-to-be 17, and work only in the time I get after all my education, play etc. :D

Anyways, I'm glad you found it useful!

Thanks
Karan

Chris Dolan 13th February 2011 10:28 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karan Goel (Post 3355866)
@Chris Egan:

Are you still taking in more entries?

Ok Karan, I will take one more entry.

Best,

Chris

bareket57 13th February 2011 11:12 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3142631)
BONUS PRIZE - EVERYONE WINS THE CHALLENGE
================================================
All entries will receive a Free Copy of our IM Launch Script
([/SIZE]http://www.imlaunchscript.com) worth $47

After your submission has been verified here -
Please email me (
chris.egan@inetmarketeers.com) with your
prefered email address and password - and we will give you a
free account - which includes a Product Launch training pack.
[/LEFT]
================================================

I sent you an email - did you get it? I really can use this IM Launch Scripts - Thanks a Million :p

Adam Roy 13th February 2011 01:29 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
I've got it...

A software program that CREATES CONTENT...

It doesn't pull content, it doesn't spin content, it CREATES CONTENT.

It learns about any subject at the click of a button, then writes about that subject with just another click of the button.

Can it be done...

blueclcl 13th February 2011 02:32 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Roy (Post 3357773)
I've got it...

A software program that CREATES CONTENT...

It doesn't pull content, it doesn't spin content, it CREATES CONTENT.

It learns about any subject at the click of a button, then writes about that subject with just another click of the button.

Can it be done...

If only,,if only!!

Ray Erdmann 13th February 2011 02:43 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Chris,

This is a great thread and I'm surprised not many more people have jumped on board with their ideas!

If it's not to late, I'd like to throw my idea into the hat for consideration.

The software idea I have is geared towards those affiliate marketers who target Amazon products.

I know there's been a wave of Amazon related WSO's recently and from what I know about them, they all have a common foundation for ensuring success, which are:

1. Sell products that retail for at least $100 dollars!
2. Have at least 10 to 15 "comments"
3. Have at least a 3-star rating

Now, for those affiliate marketers who promote these types of products, I'm sure it is a little time consuming searching all the many categories for those products that meet these minimum requirements.

This is where the idea I have for my software comes in.

Without giving away TO MUCH, the software would be able to allow the end-user to:

* Specify what category they want to target specifically...or have the app search every category.
* Input the minimum retail price of a product
* How many comments are associated with each product
* Indicate the minimum overall 'star rating' the product has.

After a few clicks of the mouse, off goes the software to gather all the relevant information and then returns it in a nice, easily readable format.

Well, that's my idea and what I'm working on at the moment!

Ray

Slaughter 13th February 2011 09:46 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Chris.

Here's my idea for the software.

This is basically like SENuke, with a major, yet useful modification.

The user initially, will have to design a link wheel/pyramid/farm etc using the software. The levels/spokes can vary as per the demands of the user.

Next, there are two options for the user:

1. He can click a button, and the software goes on every site, registers, and leaves a backlink - All done automatically.
2. He can click on individual sites, and register, and leave the backlink using an integrated browser.

Why this thing is better than other backlinking tools?
In EVERY other SEO and backlinking tool, users build links arbitrarily. There's hardly any organization, and thus, the effective link juice gained is way less.
This tool has the advantage of organizing the link building campaign for the user.

For the user-interface, the conventional tabbed screens can be used. Or better, a wizard.

Now, I understand coding such a program is not easy, and certainly not possible in a 3-week frame, but what this offers is a long-term income, for frequent updates.

Hope you like it.

Karan

bareket57 14th February 2011 12:48 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karan Goel (Post 3359612)

Hope you like it.

Karan

Looks like Chris will hire you to work on his team in the end ;) - Good Luck, young Fellow!

Slaughter 14th February 2011 01:44 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bareket57 (Post 3360223)
Looks like Chris will hire you to work on his team in the end ;) - Good Luck, young Fellow!

Oh. There comes my first vote. ;)

Thanks mate! Appreciate your response.

Karan

Chris Dolan 14th February 2011 01:46 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
There is already something like this in the marketplace.

I can't remember the name/but there was a visual aspect to the user designing the wheel, and then it was semi-automatic depending if user had decaptcher account.

Chris


Quote:

Originally Posted by Karan Goel (Post 3359612)
Chris.

Here's my idea for the software.

This is basically like SENuke, with a major, yet useful modification.

The user initially, will have to design a link wheel/pyramid/farm etc using the software. The levels/spokes can vary as per the demands of the user.

Next, there are two options for the user:

1. He can click a button, and the software goes on every site, registers, and leaves a backlink - All done automatically.
2. He can click on individual sites, and register, and leave the backlink using an integrated browser.

Why this thing is better than other backlinking tools?
In EVERY other SEO and backlinking tool, users build links arbitrarily. There's hardly any organization, and thus, the effective link juice gained is way less.
This tool has the advantage of organizing the link building campaign for the user.

For the user-interface, the conventional tabbed screens can be used. Or better, a wizard.

Now, I understand coding such a program is not easy, and certainly not possible in a 3-week frame, but what this offers is a long-term income, for frequent updates.

Hope you like it.

Karan


Chris Dolan 14th February 2011 01:47 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
This sounds like a great idea. I think there is something similar in the WSO section, which would only need a feature added to deliver this - it might be better to contact the Warrior with the idea.

Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Erdmann (Post 3358078)
Chris,

This is a great thread and I'm surprised not many more people have jumped on board with their ideas!

If it's not to late, I'd like to throw my idea into the hat for consideration.

The software idea I have is geared towards those affiliate marketers who target Amazon products.

I know there's been a wave of Amazon related WSO's recently and from what I know about them, they all have a common foundation for ensuring success, which are:

1. Sell products that retail for at least $100 dollars!
2. Have at least 10 to 15 "comments"
3. Have at least a 3-star rating

Now, for those affiliate marketers who promote these types of products, I'm sure it is a little time consuming searching all the many categories for those products that meet these minimum requirements.

This is where the idea I have for my software comes in.

Without giving away TO MUCH, the software would be able to allow the end-user to:

* Specify what category they want to target specifically...or have the app search every category.
* Input the minimum retail price of a product
* How many comments are associated with each product
* Indicate the minimum overall 'star rating' the product has.

After a few clicks of the mouse, off goes the software to gather all the relevant information and then returns it in a nice, easily readable format.

Well, that's my idea and what I'm working on at the moment!

Ray


Slaughter 14th February 2011 02:14 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3360355)
There is already something like this in the marketplace.

I can't remember the name/but there was a visual aspect to the user designing the wheel, and then it was semi-automatic depending if user had decaptcher account.

Chris

Really? I've been searching for something like this for months now. Could you please do me a favor? If you ever get the name of the tool, can you please PM me?

Thanks a lot.

Karan

PS: I'll try to come up with more ideas, if I can..

bareket57 14th February 2011 03:41 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Concerning essential applications for webmasters: Is there a script for automatically banning forum spanners through identifying the i.p, username and email. Something in the line of an anti-virus programm which identifies malicious programs using a database.

If so I would be grateful for details on this.

Thanks :)

Ray Erdmann 14th February 2011 07:33 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3360360)
This sounds like a great idea. I think there is something similar in the WSO section, which would only need a feature added to deliver this - it might be better to contact the Warrior with the idea.

Chris

Really?

Guess I better go scour the WSO section then, because I've not seen/heard/read about such a feature already! Thanks for the heads up!

Chris Dolan 15th February 2011 09:07 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karan Goel (Post 3360435)
Really? I've been searching for something like this for months now. Could you please do me a favor? If you ever get the name of the tool, can you please PM me?

Thanks a lot.

Karan

PS: I'll try to come up with more ideas, if I can..

Here you go ... made by a Warrior too!

SERPAssist - IM Backlink Tool

Slaughter 15th February 2011 09:41 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3367939)
Here you go ... made by a Warrior too!

SERPAssist - IM Backlink Tool

OK. Thanks a lot Chris. And I'm sorry, I thought there was no such tool, so I gave the idea.

Karan

chuckmcguffie 15th February 2011 07:11 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
How about a search tool that can scan the entire internet to find the exact software that you are looking for? From the comments here it looks like there are software programs already created that people need but just can't find, don't know about or it takes them hours, if not days to locate it.

chuckmcguffie 15th February 2011 07:27 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Here's a simple but useful one for IMers or any sales people. an app. that you can plug in a number, or % and it converts all the data to help you determine what goals to set.
example: say you want to make $5000. a month, you plug in that # and your convertion % then the app will tell you how much money you need to make per hour, minute, day, year etc. automaticly. You can also plug in the net profit, gross profit, price of product, to help get you your needed amount. I know you can do this with a calculator, but this would simplify it.

Slaughter 15th February 2011 10:27 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckmcguffie (Post 3371128)
Here's a simple but useful one for IMers or any sales people. an app. that you can plug in a number, or % and it converts all the data to help you determine what goals to set.
example: say you want to make $5000. a month, you plug in that # and your convertion % then the app will tell you how much money you need to make per hour, minute, day, year etc. automaticly. You can also plug in the net profit, gross profit, price of product, to help get you your needed amount. I know you can do this with a calculator, but this would simplify it.

Umm.. That's pretty easy. Can be done in MS Excel using simple formulas.

Karan

Hydroxide 17th February 2011 04:55 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Hello Chris,
Nice contest :)
My idea is to create a software that easily finds aged domains that have backlinks in them. That would be an added bonus when purchasing a domain name.

Chris Dolan 18th February 2011 12:25 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydroxide (Post 3383543)
Hello Chris,
Nice contest :)
My idea is to create a software that easily finds aged domains that have backlinks in them. That would be an added bonus when purchasing a domain name.

Thats a good idea - there is a WSO for an aged domain software - might be a good enhacement for them.

Hydroxide 18th February 2011 02:20 AM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Egan (Post 3385346)
Thats a good idea - there is a WSO for an aged domain software - might be a good enhacement for them.

Well, if you could develop it, hundreds of warriors would definitely benefit from it because it would save a lot of their time and energy. ;)

Another feature that can be added is maybe the PR of the backlinks too. :)

InfoScout 18th February 2011 12:37 PM

Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
 
I have two.
1. A Cheap Project Management software/plug-in with scheduler for outsourcers
2. Something that tracks your place in the SE and emails you when you drop


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 PM.