Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 8th Jan 2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Challenge us to make your software idea into a software reality, and own a share of the business.

The challenge is simple and wonderful.

Think about a software tool (non-existant) that would help the majority of Warriors - and explain as much information as you are comfortable with talking about here - include why you think Warriors will want the tool, and what essential features it must have.

The Prizes

For the user voted best idea! The First Prize -
You will own 50% of whatever site/software that gets created. We will work with you and then launch the software together.

Prize delivered within 1-2 months following selection of winners.

For the user voted second best idea! The Second Prize -
You will own 50% of whatever site/software that gets created. We will work with you and then launch the software together.

What we are looking for is ideas for what the software does, how it helps users, why there is a gap, and if you have user interface (what the tool looks like) ideas, great.

It must be something our programers can create within a 3 week time-frame.

While the users votes will decide the result of the challenge, we will need to ok the idea to make sure that it can be done and within a reasonable timeframe. Since we will be putting up the development costs of more than $1000 per prize this is a great Challenge.

BONUS PRIZE - EVERYONE WINS THE CHALLENGE
================================================
All entries will receive a Free Copy of our IM Launch Script
(
http://www.imlaunchscript.com) worth $47

After your submission has been verified here -
Please email me (
chris.egan@inetmarketeers.com) with your
prefered email address and password - and we will give you a
free account - which includes a Product Launch training pack.
================================================

Chris Dolan is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Dolan For This Useful Post:
Unread 30th Jan 2011, 04:20 PM   #2
HyperActive Warrior
 
bareket57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Beloved ♥ Israel
Posts: 206
Thanks: 25
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Thank you for this wonderful contest! This is just what I need – there are so many things I need for my websites.
First of all I need a Wordpress plugin which enables me to integrate a phpBB Forum into the blog. I also need a Facebook application which enables me to integrate my Wordpress phpBB Forum with live-feed into my Facebook fanpage. That is a kind of live connection between my integrated Wordpress phpBB Forum and my phpBB Forum in the special fanpage tab that whenever a facebook fan posts something then a user logged into my Wordpress phpBB Forum will see the message there on Wordpress and be able to reply with the facebook fan seeing the reply.
I apologize for my clumsy writing – technical descriptions are not my strong side. If what I have tried to explain isn't clear enough, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Love & Light
bareket57 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bareket57 For This Useful Post:
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 01:23 AM   #3
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share


Simple online graphic editor for web marketers:

1: User uploads one or more pictures

2: Adds a template from a predefined set as one of the pictures

3: Manipulates the picture(s) - resize, crop, move to correct spot, move forward, move backward, annotates text to it

4: Saves the picture as a single picture file in choice of formats with the option to download it



Seems simple enough with today's technology, and has probably been done before, but here is the twist that I haven't seen: make it available both as an online service that people can use, and also as a tool that developers can use in their own sites, much like this WYSIWYG editor is for text, the program I described could be for pics.

That way by using the right templates, people could do things like create ebook covers, banner ads, postcards, mini-site headers & footers, WordPress Themes, flow charts, newsletter layouts, etc. without having to leave the website.

Graphic Artists could be recruited to create templates for various things, and scripts could be added later to enable easy and/or automatic conversion from one item to another. i.e. create a company logo and have it automatically added to WordPress Theme, ebook cover, cd cover, banner ad, etc.

There are lots, and lots of applications for this, as well as many different ways to monetize it, so if you decide to do this let me know as I have many more ideas related to this that I don't really want to share in a public forum.

NOTE: This doesn't have to be a full-blown Photoshop clone as that is way too overpowering for a regular user. This should just be something simple, so that one could get decent looking graphics done very quickly and inexpensively without having to leave the web to do it.

i.e. This needs to be something the average Facebook user could use to combine pics without having to leave Facebook.
donk is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 04:37 AM   #4
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
wanna-succeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 525
Thanks: 165
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

This is definitely a stimulating contest. I saw it and immediatly the creative parts of my brain started lighting up.

I am not very advanced when it comes to understanding software, however I do have a idea for something which could prove to be a great resource for any who use it.

I was thinking along the lines of a tool that would be able to helps us IMers locate each other. What I mean by this is a tool that would induce JVs & interactions between IMers in the same niche, or those with common interests.
Rather than having to do this manually by shooting an offer out there and hoping there is someone out there like you, who will also accept the offer, an automated service would be able to provide the meet.
It could be a website where you register into, and for a monthly\1-time fee, you could hook up with online business people of your kind.
This could work for everyone - IMers, vendors, offline business owners looking for online help etc....
If 2 people are interested in each other's work, a private online chat room could be set up. 1 person could initiate the meet, and if the other agrees, the meet would take place, much like adding friends on facebook.
I hope my idea makes sense. It would help us network more efficiently, form new strings with the right people.

I don't know if such a thing exists, however I think it would do well.
Of course us warriors better get a good price...

No sig, good day m8...
wanna-succeed is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to wanna-succeed For This Useful Post:
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 06:48 AM   #5
Blogging Expert
War Room Member
 
blueclcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK..England
Posts: 939
Thanks: 405
Thanked 236 Times in 156 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I,m not sure if these are already in circulation but I'l suggest them anyway.

I wouldn't mind a piece of software that can help me to create a sales page for my future WSO.

Something that you fill in the gaps and the software does the rest.

It would save me and any other non expert copyrighters a lot of hassle.

What I was thinking was at first you would have a choice of say 20 or more starting headlines to choose from for example:

Don't miss out ..........
At last a Fool-Proof .........
Fantastic Reviews from...........

and you then fill in the gaps.

and so on with the sub headlines,starting paragraphs,bulletts,closing paragraphs and a section to place in your paypal code.

you would then click a button that says create sales page and you are given the html or text version of the sales page to use in the WSO section of the forum.

My next suggestion for software is Wordpress set up application that will basically set up a wordpress blog on your server,it will fill in your required permalinks,change the reading settings and fill in your permalinks and so on.

Also a plugin for wordpress that takes your post,spins it and post it to various web 2 sites would be amazing!

Also a new War Room thread alert but there is probably already one of them.

Sorry if these are already out there but if they are I haven,t seen them before.

Kind regards

Blueclcl

blueclcl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to blueclcl For This Useful Post:
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 08:40 PM   #6
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

blueclcl,

As to your first suggestion, I actually have this already. You can check out the pre-release version at:
http://www.copywriterskingdom.com/InstantCopywriter/
To be released soon as a WSO for a short time, then later to the general public.
Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers.
donk is offline  
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 61
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I have quite alot of ideas, however, is your team willing to do a blackhat tool? If so, please notify me via PM and I'll come back to post them.
maestropanda is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to maestropanda For This Useful Post:
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by donk View Post

blueclcl,

As to your first suggestion, I actually have this already. You can check out the pre-release version at:
http://www.copywriterskingdom.com/InstantCopywriter/
To be released soon as a WSO for a short time, then later to the general public.
Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Cheers.
Please use PM's to highlight products to users - not posting in here -

As a side note, from reading the user entry it seems that the tool would step by step guide the user as he creates his WSO post to go in here - which should include making the correct forum code to display in the WSO post including videos, text, graphic links etc. Its a nice software idea we are looking at the implications!!!

Chris

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 31st Jan 2011, 11:27 PM   #9
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by maestropanda View Post

I have quite alot of ideas, however, is your team willing to do a BlueFart tool? If so, please notify me via PM and I'll come back to post them.
Replied via PM.

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 1st Feb 2011, 03:28 AM   #10
Blogging Expert
War Room Member
 
blueclcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK..England
Posts: 939
Thanks: 405
Thanked 236 Times in 156 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

Please use PM's to highlight products to users - not posting in here -

As a side note, from reading the user entry it seems that the tool would step by step guide the user as he creates his WSO post to go in here - which should include making the correct forum code to display in the WSO post including videos, text, graphic links etc. Its a nice software idea we are looking at the implications!!!

Chris
Hi Chris

Yes ,this is what I mean, for use in WSO

Kind regards

Colin

blueclcl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to blueclcl For This Useful Post:
Unread 1st Feb 2011, 05:02 AM   #11
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
wanna-succeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 525
Thanks: 165
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I hate to ruin your buzz but there are software programs that create sales pages, ads, banners etc... You get get all the needed content and then just organize it to your haert's content.
Market Samurai does this, along with a few others.

No sig, good day m8...
wanna-succeed is offline  
Unread 1st Feb 2011, 08:51 AM   #12
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by wanna-succeed View Post

I hate to ruin your buzz but there are software programs that create sales pages, ads, banners etc... You get get all the needed content and then just organize it to your haert's content.
Market Samurai does this, along with a few others.
Hi Wanna-Succeed,

I wish there was a software that did what the user is talking about - there isn't - there are different tools to do different (but similar) things, but not to do a WSO from helping user develop the title, text, layout, images, links, tags, etc.

Thanks for your comments.

Chris

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 1st Feb 2011, 08:55 AM   #13
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by wanna-succeed View Post

This is definitely a stimulating contest. I saw it and immediatly the creative parts of my brain started lighting up.

I am not very advanced when it comes to understanding software, however I do have a idea for something which could prove to be a great resource for any who use it.

I was thinking along the lines of a tool that would be able to helps us IMers locate each other. What I mean by this is a tool that would induce JVs & interactions between IMers in the same niche, or those with common interests.
Rather than having to do this manually by shooting an offer out there and hoping there is someone out there like you, who will also accept the offer, an automated service would be able to provide the meet.
It could be a website where you register into, and for a monthly1-time fee, you could hook up with online business people of your kind.
This could work for everyone - IMers, vendors, offline business owners looking for online help etc....
If 2 people are interested in each other's work, a private online chat room could be set up. 1 person could initiate the meet, and if the other agrees, the meet would take place, much like adding friends on facebook.
I hope my idea makes sense. It would help us network more efficiently, form new strings with the right people.

I don't know if such a thing exists, however I think it would do well.
Of course us warriors better get a good price...
Couldn't this be done via the JV forum here?

Chris

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 1st Feb 2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
wanna-succeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 525
Thanks: 165
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

Couldn't this be done via the JV forum here?

Chris
It could have been, if the JV forum was the one asking for advice....:rolleyes:

No sig, good day m8...
wanna-succeed is offline  
Unread 3rd Feb 2011, 06:48 AM   #15
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by wanna-succeed View Post

It could have been, if the JV forum was the one asking for advice....:rolleyes:
What I mean is via the JV forums here you can develop the relationships you mention.

Having some type of software to manage contacts would be interesting, but not sure where the software fits - if its sold, who would buy it, if its given free, how do you monetize it.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 3rd Feb 2011, 08:50 AM   #16
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
wanna-succeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 525
Thanks: 165
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

What I mean is via the JV forums here you can develop the relationships you mention.

I apologize, I misinterpreted Chris...

Having some type of software to manage contacts would be interesting, but not sure where the software fits - if its sold, who would buy it, if its given free, how do you monetize it.

Thanks

Chris
Good questions.
I think a good way to monitize would be to take a fixed free for every JV posted, just like it costs money to start threads in certain areas of this forum.
It could be 10$ (example) to start a JV in a specific area, and then perhaps another 10$ for a person who accepts the offer. Maybe up to 3 people could accept each offer.
After the offer was accepted, maybe the 2 sides would be able to discuss terms & details in a chat.
Just ideas.
Ofcourse any platform of sufficient size could also monetize itself by ad space....I'm not genius when it comes to monetization, however I'm sure if the forum\platform got enough use, it wouldn't be too hard. I think getting it populated would be the main hurdle.
Other than that, I don't think the software would be very tricky, it all exists in some form. It's basically an idea to develop what the JV section of this forum offers.

This by all means is critique towards this forum, it's just an idea I had for this specific challenge.

No sig, good day m8...
wanna-succeed is offline  
Unread 3rd Feb 2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 33
Thanks: 235
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

A easy to use autoresponder interface that a secretary in a doctor or dentist office could use to send out notifications about appointments rather than having to call everybody. It could have a google calendar like interface and in addition to emails could also send out text messages if they gave their cell phone number. Maybe ability for customer to text if they need to cancel an appointment or check on when their appointment is.
mktbiz is offline  
Unread 4th Feb 2011, 01:13 AM   #18
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mktbiz View Post

A easy to use autoresponder interface that a secretary in a doctor or dentist office could use to send out notifications about appointments rather than having to call everybody. It could have a google calendar like interface and in addition to emails could also send out text messages if they gave their cell phone number. Maybe ability for customer to text if they need to cancel an appointment or check on when their appointment is.
This is an interesting idea, although it may already exist I will do some investigation - sending sms, and emails for appointment management ... It may have several applications too.

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 4th Feb 2011, 06:39 AM   #19
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 224
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by mktbiz View Post

A easy to use autoresponder interface that a secretary in a doctor or dentist office could use to send out notifications about appointments rather than having to call everybody. It could have a google calendar like interface and in addition to emails could also send out text messages if they gave their cell phone number. Maybe ability for customer to text if they need to cancel an appointment or check on when their appointment is.
I could use software like that for my local clients.
cybernet is offline  
Unread 4th Feb 2011, 07:18 AM   #20
HyperActive Warrior
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: , , .
Posts: 224
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Here is my idea... Call it "Save Trees Coupons". Yes, it's environment friendly

create a web-based and mobile platform that will allow :

1. consumers to submit the product/services that they would like to buy LOCALLY now or in the immediate future

2. LOCAL registered merchants to be notified when a product/service they're selling matches
the desired product/service that consumers willing to purchase.
When a system finds a match the consumer automatically gets a discounted coupon/offer
from the merchant via email and/or SMS (at the consumers' choice)

3. Consumers MUST have a complete control over who and what is emailed/SMSed to them


The idea is for the consumer to get what they want at the time WHEN THEY NEED IT from local merchants. Once they bought the product the consumer should have power to stop emails/SMS COUPONS (or set the system to another NEW product/service that they want to buy)

People love receiving COUPONS from local merchants IF and WHEN they need THAT particular product/service.

In other words the coupons MUST be RELEVANT to their current need and location.

When the consumers' needs change - they should be able to control that via web-based platform and MOBILE application - the offers (coupons) from the local merchants MUST change too. If someone wants to buy a new TV set, don't send them a coupon for realtor's services.

The merchants should be able to login to their accounts and set:
- offers(coupons)
- products/services they offer (maybe hook this up to their inventory management software)
- location of the store
- etc.


The system should take into account GEO-location of the merchant's store and the consumer
Allow consumers to choose the offers according to :
-proximity of the consumer's current location to the merchant's store
- to the chosen merchants they'd like to receive offer from

Consumers should be able to exclude certain merchants from delivering coupons to them.


You can also introduce SOCIAL MEDIA type of interactions between consumers (reviews, opinions, etc.)


If you create a software like that I'll be FIRST in line to buy it. Offline/Local/Mobile is hot here at warriors forum and everywhere else. PLUS it's a useful service for both local consumers and merchants.


Last edited on 4th Feb 2011 at 07:25 AM. Reason: ..
cybernet is offline  
Unread 6th Feb 2011, 05:21 AM   #21
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by cybernet View Post

Here is my idea... Call it "Save Trees Coupons". Yes, it's environment friendly

create a web-based and mobile platform that will allow :

1. consumers to submit the product/services that they would like to buy LOCALLY now or in the immediate future

2. LOCAL registered merchants to be notified when a product/service they're selling matches
the desired product/service that consumers willing to purchase.
When a system finds a match the consumer automatically gets a discounted coupon/offer
from the merchant via email and/or SMS (at the consumers' choice)

3. Consumers MUST have a complete control over who and what is emailed/SMSed to them


The idea is for the consumer to get what they want at the time WHEN THEY NEED IT from local merchants. Once they bought the product the consumer should have power to stop emails/SMS COUPONS (or set the system to another NEW product/service that they want to buy)

People love receiving COUPONS from local merchants IF and WHEN they need THAT particular product/service.

In other words the coupons MUST be RELEVANT to their current need and location.

When the consumers' needs change - they should be able to control that via web-based platform and MOBILE application - the offers (coupons) from the local merchants MUST change too. If someone wants to buy a new TV set, don't send them a coupon for realtor's services.

The merchants should be able to login to their accounts and set:
- offers(coupons)
- products/services they offer (maybe hook this up to their inventory management software)
- location of the store
- etc.


The system should take into account GEO-location of the merchant's store and the consumer
Allow consumers to choose the offers according to :
-proximity of the consumer's current location to the merchant's store
- to the chosen merchants they'd like to receive offer from

Consumers should be able to exclude certain merchants from delivering coupons to them.


You can also introduce SOCIAL MEDIA type of interactions between consumers (reviews, opinions, etc.)


If you create a software like that I'll be FIRST in line to buy it. Offline/Local/Mobile is hot here at warriors forum and everywhere else. PLUS it's a useful service for both local consumers and merchants.

Sounds very interesting - will discuss with a coder who can determine the implications.

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 11th Feb 2011, 01:40 AM   #22
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

PLEASE VOTE NOW !!!!

How to vote, simple post a comment about which software you think we should make, then we can contact the winners and start to develop their prize.

Thanks

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 11th Feb 2011, 02:40 AM   #23
HyperActive Warrior
 
bareket57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Beloved ♥ Israel
Posts: 206
Thanks: 25
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Since I took part in this contest, I obviously can't vote because it would be biased. However even if my suggestion doesn't receive the maximum votes, I hope that you or someone will develop this kind of application. Personally I desperately need such an application for my blogs and I'm sure others do as well. I tried the buddypress plugin for some time but it has too many bugs and it's interface is difficult to navigate. The phpBB Forum application is the most widely used and the general public are famillier with it's interface.
bareket57 is offline  
Unread 12th Feb 2011, 02:04 PM   #24
Blogging Expert
War Room Member
 
blueclcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK..England
Posts: 939
Thanks: 405
Thanked 236 Times in 156 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Can't believe this challange hasn't had more replies.

Anyway if I can vote for myself then I will and in second place would be cybernet

Kind regards

blueclcl

blueclcl is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 03:08 AM   #25
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: , , United Kingdom.
Posts: 43
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

This is an interesting idea, although it may already exist I will do some investigation - sending sms, and emails for appointment management ... It may have several applications too.
Check out DiJiJog- Complete Marketing and Appointment Reminder system this site does that plus it has a marketing system built into it it emails and sends text messages.

Free Tips, Advice and reviews plus a few moans and groans ;-) at -
www.LloydHester.com (Personal Blog)
www.SearchEngineStratagems.com
lloydh is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 03:40 AM   #26
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

@Chris Egan:

Are you still taking in more entries?

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 05:50 AM   #27
HyperActive Warrior
 
bareket57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Beloved ♥ Israel
Posts: 206
Thanks: 25
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post

@Chris Egan:

Are you still taking in more entries?
I saw your website and I must say that I really liked it. You've got great resources. I downloaded this application:
KooBits – eBook Collections Simplified

Good Luck!
bareket57 is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 06:17 AM   #28
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bareket57 View Post

I saw your website and I must say that I really liked it. You've got great resources. I downloaded this application:
KooBits – eBook Collections Simplified

Good Luck!
Oh! And guess what, I'm just-to-be 17, and work only in the time I get after all my education, play etc.

Anyways, I'm glad you found it useful!

Thanks
Karan

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 10:28 AM   #29
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post

@Chris Egan:

Are you still taking in more entries?
Ok Karan, I will take one more entry.

Best,

Chris

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 11:12 AM   #30
HyperActive Warrior
 
bareket57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Beloved ♥ Israel
Posts: 206
Thanks: 25
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

BONUS PRIZE - EVERYONE WINS THE CHALLENGE
================================================
All entries will receive a Free Copy of our IM Launch Script
([/SIZE]http://www.imlaunchscript.com) worth $47

After your submission has been verified here -
Please email me (
chris.egan@inetmarketeers.com) with your
prefered email address and password - and we will give you a
free account - which includes a Product Launch training pack.
[/LEFT]
================================================
I sent you an email - did you get it? I really can use this IM Launch Scripts - Thanks a Million :p
bareket57 is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 01:29 PM   #31
The SEO master
War Room Member
 
Adam Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 1,590
Thanks: 213
Thanked 1,105 Times in 223 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I've got it...

A software program that CREATES CONTENT...

It doesn't pull content, it doesn't spin content, it CREATES CONTENT.

It learns about any subject at the click of a button, then writes about that subject with just another click of the button.

Can it be done...

Adam Roy is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 02:32 PM   #32
Blogging Expert
War Room Member
 
blueclcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK..England
Posts: 939
Thanks: 405
Thanked 236 Times in 156 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Adam Roy View Post

I've got it...

A software program that CREATES CONTENT...

It doesn't pull content, it doesn't spin content, it CREATES CONTENT.

It learns about any subject at the click of a button, then writes about that subject with just another click of the button.

Can it be done...
If only,,if only!!

blueclcl is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 02:43 PM   #33
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Ray Erdmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Pacific North West!
Posts: 603
Thanks: 249
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Chris,

This is a great thread and I'm surprised not many more people have jumped on board with their ideas!

If it's not to late, I'd like to throw my idea into the hat for consideration.

The software idea I have is geared towards those affiliate marketers who target Amazon products.

I know there's been a wave of Amazon related WSO's recently and from what I know about them, they all have a common foundation for ensuring success, which are:

1. Sell products that retail for at least $100 dollars!
2. Have at least 10 to 15 "comments"
3. Have at least a 3-star rating

Now, for those affiliate marketers who promote these types of products, I'm sure it is a little time consuming searching all the many categories for those products that meet these minimum requirements.

This is where the idea I have for my software comes in.

Without giving away TO MUCH, the software would be able to allow the end-user to:

* Specify what category they want to target specifically...or have the app search every category.
* Input the minimum retail price of a product
* How many comments are associated with each product
* Indicate the minimum overall 'star rating' the product has.

After a few clicks of the mouse, off goes the software to gather all the relevant information and then returns it in a nice, easily readable format.

Well, that's my idea and what I'm working on at the moment!

Ray

"Whether you think you can or not...you'll always be 100% right!" |
Ray Erdmann is offline  
Unread 13th Feb 2011, 09:46 PM   #34
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Chris.

Here's my idea for the software.

This is basically like SENuke, with a major, yet useful modification.

The user initially, will have to design a link wheel/pyramid/farm etc using the software. The levels/spokes can vary as per the demands of the user.

Next, there are two options for the user:

1. He can click a button, and the software goes on every site, registers, and leaves a backlink - All done automatically.
2. He can click on individual sites, and register, and leave the backlink using an integrated browser.

Why this thing is better than other backlinking tools?
In EVERY other SEO and backlinking tool, users build links arbitrarily. There's hardly any organization, and thus, the effective link juice gained is way less.
This tool has the advantage of organizing the link building campaign for the user.

For the user-interface, the conventional tabbed screens can be used. Or better, a wizard.

Now, I understand coding such a program is not easy, and certainly not possible in a 3-week frame, but what this offers is a long-term income, for frequent updates.

Hope you like it.

Karan

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 12:48 AM   #35
HyperActive Warrior
 
bareket57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Beloved ♥ Israel
Posts: 206
Thanks: 25
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post


Hope you like it.

Karan
Looks like Chris will hire you to work on his team in the end - Good Luck, young Fellow!
bareket57 is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 01:44 AM   #36
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by bareket57 View Post

Looks like Chris will hire you to work on his team in the end - Good Luck, young Fellow!
Oh. There comes my first vote.

Thanks mate! Appreciate your response.

Karan

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 01:46 AM   #37
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

There is already something like this in the marketplace.

I can't remember the name/but there was a visual aspect to the user designing the wheel, and then it was semi-automatic depending if user had decaptcher account.

Chris


Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post

Chris.

Here's my idea for the software.

This is basically like SENuke, with a major, yet useful modification.

The user initially, will have to design a link wheel/pyramid/farm etc using the software. The levels/spokes can vary as per the demands of the user.

Next, there are two options for the user:

1. He can click a button, and the software goes on every site, registers, and leaves a backlink - All done automatically.
2. He can click on individual sites, and register, and leave the backlink using an integrated browser.

Why this thing is better than other backlinking tools?
In EVERY other SEO and backlinking tool, users build links arbitrarily. There's hardly any organization, and thus, the effective link juice gained is way less.
This tool has the advantage of organizing the link building campaign for the user.

For the user-interface, the conventional tabbed screens can be used. Or better, a wizard.

Now, I understand coding such a program is not easy, and certainly not possible in a 3-week frame, but what this offers is a long-term income, for frequent updates.

Hope you like it.

Karan

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 01:47 AM   #38
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

This sounds like a great idea. I think there is something similar in the WSO section, which would only need a feature added to deliver this - it might be better to contact the Warrior with the idea.

Chris

Originally Posted by Ray Erdmann View Post

Chris,

This is a great thread and I'm surprised not many more people have jumped on board with their ideas!

If it's not to late, I'd like to throw my idea into the hat for consideration.

The software idea I have is geared towards those affiliate marketers who target Amazon products.

I know there's been a wave of Amazon related WSO's recently and from what I know about them, they all have a common foundation for ensuring success, which are:

1. Sell products that retail for at least $100 dollars!
2. Have at least 10 to 15 "comments"
3. Have at least a 3-star rating

Now, for those affiliate marketers who promote these types of products, I'm sure it is a little time consuming searching all the many categories for those products that meet these minimum requirements.

This is where the idea I have for my software comes in.

Without giving away TO MUCH, the software would be able to allow the end-user to:

* Specify what category they want to target specifically...or have the app search every category.
* Input the minimum retail price of a product
* How many comments are associated with each product
* Indicate the minimum overall 'star rating' the product has.

After a few clicks of the mouse, off goes the software to gather all the relevant information and then returns it in a nice, easily readable format.

Well, that's my idea and what I'm working on at the moment!

Ray

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 02:14 AM   #39
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

There is already something like this in the marketplace.

I can't remember the name/but there was a visual aspect to the user designing the wheel, and then it was semi-automatic depending if user had decaptcher account.

Chris
Really? I've been searching for something like this for months now. Could you please do me a favor? If you ever get the name of the tool, can you please PM me?

Thanks a lot.

Karan

PS: I'll try to come up with more ideas, if I can..

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 03:41 AM   #40
HyperActive Warrior
 
bareket57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Beloved ♥ Israel
Posts: 206
Thanks: 25
Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Concerning essential applications for webmasters: Is there a script for automatically banning forum spanners through identifying the i.p, username and email. Something in the line of an anti-virus programm which identifies malicious programs using a database.

If so I would be grateful for details on this.

Thanks
bareket57 is offline  
Unread 14th Feb 2011, 07:33 PM   #41
Advanced Warrior
War Room Member
 
Ray Erdmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: Pacific North West!
Posts: 603
Thanks: 249
Thanked 108 Times in 78 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

This sounds like a great idea. I think there is something similar in the WSO section, which would only need a feature added to deliver this - it might be better to contact the Warrior with the idea.

Chris
Really?

Guess I better go scour the WSO section then, because I've not seen/heard/read about such a feature already! Thanks for the heads up!

"Whether you think you can or not...you'll always be 100% right!" |
Ray Erdmann is offline  
Unread 15th Feb 2011, 09:07 AM   #42
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Karan Goel View Post

Really? I've been searching for something like this for months now. Could you please do me a favor? If you ever get the name of the tool, can you please PM me?

Thanks a lot.

Karan

PS: I'll try to come up with more ideas, if I can..
Here you go ... made by a Warrior too!

SERPAssist - IM Backlink Tool

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 15th Feb 2011, 09:41 AM   #43
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

Here you go ... made by a Warrior too!

SERPAssist - IM Backlink Tool
OK. Thanks a lot Chris. And I'm sorry, I thought there was no such tool, so I gave the idea.

Karan

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 15th Feb 2011, 07:11 PM   #44
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
chuckmcguffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: El Cajon,Ca., USA.
Posts: 15
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

How about a search tool that can scan the entire internet to find the exact software that you are looking for? From the comments here it looks like there are software programs already created that people need but just can't find, don't know about or it takes them hours, if not days to locate it.
chuckmcguffie is offline  
Unread 15th Feb 2011, 07:27 PM   #45
Warrior Member
War Room Member
 
chuckmcguffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2008
Location: El Cajon,Ca., USA.
Posts: 15
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Here's a simple but useful one for IMers or any sales people. an app. that you can plug in a number, or % and it converts all the data to help you determine what goals to set.
example: say you want to make $5000. a month, you plug in that # and your convertion % then the app will tell you how much money you need to make per hour, minute, day, year etc. automaticly. You can also plug in the net profit, gross profit, price of product, to help get you your needed amount. I know you can do this with a calculator, but this would simplify it.
chuckmcguffie is offline  
Unread 15th Feb 2011, 10:27 PM   #46
Joseph Tosh
War Room Member
 
Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2009
Posts: 1,709
Thanks: 224
Thanked 352 Times in 161 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by chuckmcguffie View Post

Here's a simple but useful one for IMers or any sales people. an app. that you can plug in a number, or % and it converts all the data to help you determine what goals to set.
example: say you want to make $5000. a month, you plug in that # and your convertion % then the app will tell you how much money you need to make per hour, minute, day, year etc. automaticly. You can also plug in the net profit, gross profit, price of product, to help get you your needed amount. I know you can do this with a calculator, but this would simplify it.
Umm.. That's pretty easy. Can be done in MS Excel using simple formulas.

Karan

Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
Slaughter is offline  
Unread 17th Feb 2011, 04:55 PM   #47
ssɐʞɔɐɾ ɐ ɯ,ı
War Room Member
 
Hydroxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 396
Thanks: 152
Thanked 71 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Hello Chris,
Nice contest
My idea is to create a software that easily finds aged domains that have backlinks in them. That would be an added bonus when purchasing a domain name.
Hydroxide is offline  
Unread 18th Feb 2011, 12:25 AM   #48
Software Wizzard
War Room Member
 
Chris Dolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2007
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 273
Thanked 166 Times in 114 Posts
Blog Entries: 4
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Hydroxide View Post

Hello Chris,
Nice contest
My idea is to create a software that easily finds aged domains that have backlinks in them. That would be an added bonus when purchasing a domain name.
Thats a good idea - there is a WSO for an aged domain software - might be a good enhacement for them.

Chris Dolan is offline  
Unread 18th Feb 2011, 02:20 AM   #49
ssɐʞɔɐɾ ɐ ɯ,ı
War Room Member
 
Hydroxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 396
Thanks: 152
Thanked 71 Times in 27 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

Originally Posted by Chris Egan View Post

Thats a good idea - there is a WSO for an aged domain software - might be a good enhacement for them.
Well, if you could develop it, hundreds of warriors would definitely benefit from it because it would save a lot of their time and energy.

Another feature that can be added is maybe the PR of the backlinks too.
Hydroxide is offline  
Unread 18th Feb 2011, 12:37 PM   #50
Active Warrior
War Room Member
 
Join Date: 2010
Posts: 34
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default
Re: Chris Egan's Software Challenge
Share on: 
fb share twitter share gplus share more share

I have two.
1. A Cheap Project Management software/plug-in with scheduler for outsourcers
2. Something that tracks your place in the SE and emails you when you drop
InfoScout is offline  
 


Bookmarks

Tags
challenge, chris, egan, software

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.