Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace

Warrior Forum - The #1 Digital Marketing Forum & Marketplace (https://www.warriorforum.com/)
-   Finished Contests & Challenges (https://www.warriorforum.com/finished-contests-challenges/)
-   -   $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need! (https://www.warriorforum.com/finished-contests-challenges/505035-120-000-challenge-join-me-help-yourself-help-charity-need.html)

Eddie Titan 15th December 2011 09:24 PM

$120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Note: This is a long term challenge. This challenge will serve three purposes. First, it will hold me accountable to my goals. Second, it will hold other people accountable to their goals. Third, it will show people that making money online is easy.

Watch and Learn as I Build a Successful Network of Websites That Will Net $120,000 in 12 months!

Hey Warriors,

I would like to introduce a new challenge that I have been working on, in my spare time, for the last month.

For the upcoming New Year I want to start off with a bang! I am going to set an income goal of $120,000 and meet it by the end of 2012. I am going to do this in front of everyone, here, on this thread. Watch and learn as I grow my business from $0 to $120,000 in less than one year's time.

I welcome any Warrior who would like to join the challenge. Set a reasonable income goal and get to work! Hold yourself accountable to me and everyone else on this thread.

Setting Your Goal

This challenge is strictly based on the amount of income you can make in the next year. When you join this challenge you must have an income goal in mind. Anything else, such as, how many websites you build, how many products you promote, how many articles you write, etc... can be included in your updates as you go along.

Making It Happen

It is not hard to make money online. You just have to be willing to work. You have to understand that running a business online is no different than running a business offline. There is no such thing as instant gratification. Put in the time and you will make money. Be patient with your business and you will make money.

Be Honest

This challenge will serve as an accountability system to those who decide to join. This is no place for tricks and gimmicks.

Start Date:

Warriors interested in joining this challenge may start any time before the New Year. The official start date is January 1st, 2012. As an exception to this rule, in an attempt to get more people on board, I have extended the start date. Warriors can join anytime during the month of January :)

End Date:

The challenge ends 12 months after you start. For me, the challenge will end on December 31st, 2012. Everyone should aim to meet their income goal before their end date.

Let the Challenge Begin!

P.S. I will do my best to keep tabs on everyone in the challenge. I will reserve a post below that will list everyone in the challenge along with any updates they make in this thread. Hopefully this challenge will get a lot of exposure :rolleyes:

P.P.S. In the title of this thread I mentioned something about a charity. Here is the deal with the charity bit: After the challenge is over, I will donate 20% of the income I make in 2012 to a charitable organization.

greenoctopus 30th December 2011 03:39 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
How come noone has responded to this challenge?

Eddie Titan 30th December 2011 06:09 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Here are the people who have joined the challenge so far:

Eddie Titan
Joined on 12-15-2011
Update on January 5th
Update on January 17th

WikiWarrior
Joined 12-31-2011
Update on January 5th

Aeri
Joined 12-31-2011
Update on January 5th
Update on January 17th
Update on January 28

Renavon
Joined 01-04-2012

JTzor
Joined 01-05-2012
Update on January 14th
Update on January 30th (SKILLS THAT PAY THE BILLS)

mickylee7
Joined 01-06-2012
Update on January 17th

Thatgirl
Joined 01-19-2012

Troy Davis
Joined 1-27-2012

Note: All dates listed above are in Pacific Standard Time. If you are not in this time zone, these dates may vary.

Eddie Titan 30th December 2011 06:12 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenoctopus (Post 5326844)
How come noone has responded to this challenge?

No worries. Although I would prefer people to join, this is a long term challenge, and I can understand why it is not very enticing :)

eastwest97 30th December 2011 10:37 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Hi Eddie. I've been on the forum since 2006 and I've made maybe $50 total. Granted I haven't tried very hard but I have to admit $120K is a stretch. I am totally excited to see anyone go from $0-$120 though.

I've joined Tiffany Dow's challenge but I will be an unofficial challenger, or is it
"challengee"...under you too. Who knows...I may surprise myself. :-)

Good luck and Happy New Year!

WikiWarrior 31st December 2011 12:17 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Challenge accepted.

I got inspired to do my own personal challenge after seeing your sig over the last few weeks or so, thanks for that. It's also given me a reason to use one of my domains that has been collecting virtual dust.

My financial goal is to go from $0 to $100,000 in 2012 and this seems like a great way to hold myself accountable and get pumped to actually follow through.

I just saw your 5 monetary milestones Eddie. Wow, you definitely have your work cut out but I am guessing you have a master plan to get there. I'm sure most of the income I make will be in the last 6 months of the challenge. Although I'll be starting from $0 and haven't made a dime yet I do have some web assets in place and a plan to monetize and grow all of them.

I have a variety of business models I plan to implement. Some might say I'll be spreading myself thin but I want to keep this interesting for me and provide some variety along the way. I can always focus on one down the line when I start seeing some results. Here's a breakdown of my plan:

1) 2 Niche sites - 1 health-related (with the possibility of expanding to 2 or 3 related ones) and 1 internet marketing related (WikiWarrior)

2) Affiliate marketing - Clickbank products, in-text links, Adsense, Warrior Plus

3) Fiction book - I'm writing a short story and after I get some feedback, assuming it's good enough to press on, I'll edit and publish it on Kindle, Nook, Smashwords etc then create a longer version which will be the upsell.

4) Information products - currently 3 planned; 1 for my niche site, 1 for internet marketers and 1 for my forum.

5) Forum - launching my first one of these.

Initially I'll be allocating about equal time to all of these mini projects so it will interesting to see which one (if any!) starts seeing success first.

I should add that I have my own "offline" business that pays the bills so that will be a small factor. In fact this challenge would be unrealistic for me if I didn't have an ongoing income. Getting to six figures is still going to be a stretch but I'm really up for this and will post back once a week I guess (?) with a roundup.

Best of luck to everyone with their own 2012 challenge :).

aeri 1st January 2012 12:49 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Sounds like a very ambitious goal :) Hope to see all of that progress here, and good luck! Hope you're already starting out at a good pace (as it might be 2012 for most people already....I'm still on Dec 31st :P)

I'll join in, too! As for income goal...by the end of 2012, I would like to have a 30k income goal :) I've been working on my two projects since October/November, so hopefully it will start kicking up a notch during the early parts of 2012.

So here are my goals and projects in outline form:
  1. Affiliate Niche Blogs (currently working under a coaching program for this! Already have 2 domains for this, but need to rework the first one after completing the program via the second and other domains)
  2. E-commerce (haven't done the offline marketing for this, but planning to do advertise locally before doing a national plan)
  3. Fiverr SEO gigs (Just started a SEO gig yesterday for this and need to market this out)

It would be cool if we could have a Skype group or something to that effect to check on each other during the year :) Don't know if it might be too invading...

Eddie Titan 3rd January 2012 11:27 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastwest97 (Post 5331768)
Hi Eddie. I've been on the forum since 2006 and I've made maybe $50 total. Granted I haven't tried very hard but I have to admit $120K is a stretch. I am totally excited to see anyone go from $0-$120 though.

I've joined Tiffany Dow's challenge but I will be an unofficial challenger, or is it
"challengee"...under you too. Who knows...I may surprise myself. :-)

Good luck and Happy New Year!

It's definitely not going to be easy. However, 12 months is a long time. With consistent action and good planning I believe I can do it.

Only time will tell.

Best of luck with Tiffany's challenge. Anytime you want to jump in and let us know what's going on, I'm all ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WikiWarrior (Post 5334536)
Challenge accepted.

I got inspired to do my own personal challenge after seeing your sig over the last few weeks or so, thanks for that. It's also given me a reason to use one of my domains that has been collecting virtual dust.

My financial goal is to go from $0 to $100,000 in 2012 and this seems like a great way to hold myself accountable and get pumped to actually follow through.

Thanks for joining the challenge. It looks like you have a lot of things planned. Let's see who gets to $100,000 first :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by aeri (Post 5336823)
Sounds like a very ambitious goal :) Hope to see all of that progress here, and good luck! Hope you're already starting out at a good pace (as it might be 2012 for most people already....I'm still on Dec 31st :P)

I'll join in, too! As for income goal...by the end of 2012, I would like to have a 30k income goal :) I've been working on my two projects since October/November, so hopefully it will start kicking up a notch during the early parts of 2012.

So here are my goals and projects in outline form:
  1. Affiliate Niche Blogs (currently working under a coaching program for this! Already have 2 domains for this, but need to rework the first one after completing the program via the second and other domains)
  2. E-commerce (haven't done the offline marketing for this, but planning to do advertise locally before doing a national plan)
  3. Fiverr SEO gigs (Just started a SEO gig yesterday for this and need to market this out)

It would be cool if we could have a Skype group or something to that effect to check on each other during the year :) Don't know if it might be too invading...

Thanks for joining. Your plans look good.

The skype group, or some sort of interaction aside from this forum, can work very well. Lets get the ball rolling first and see how many more people join the challenge.

Eddie Titan 4th January 2012 04:30 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by honestbizpro (Post 5355095)
Hey Eddie I am Digging this thread! I think alot of marketers are doing this but prefer to keep everything they do on the down low.

Thanks for checking this out. I agree, I'm sure there are plenty of people who have set goals for themselves. Anonymity is important. It is no one's business how much I make. However, I considered the downsides and found it won't really hurt to make my challenge public. I like the idea of showing other people there are internet marketers out there that can walk the talk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honestbizpro (Post 5355095)
Plus you said that word...accountability....people think that becoming an internet marketer means you can avoid that..but as you know full well that is crucial in achieving goals and establishing long term partnerships.

You're right on. The internet marketing business is just like any other business once you get past all the smoke and mirrors.

Renavon 4th January 2012 04:44 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Sounds like quite a big goal compared to mine :) But sure, ill join!

Be very new to this and having made about $15 from sites over the past few months. My goal would be to reach a simple $100 a month, nothing special but definitely to get me on my way. I would be more than happy if i achieved that by the end of the year

-I've got my first SEO'd site up, and am slowly building it up. Within 6 weeks, i aim to finish the process and hopefully within a few weeks more, see some kind of result

Looking forward to seeing your results (And hopefully mine!)

Best of luck

Eddie Titan 4th January 2012 05:43 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Renavon (Post 5355921)
Sounds like quite a big goal compared to mine :) But sure, ill join!

Be very new to this and having made about $15 from sites over the past few months. My goal would be to reach a simple $100 a month, nothing special but definitely to get me on my way. I would be more than happy if i achieved that by the end of the year

-I've got my first SEO'd site up, and am slowly building it up. Within 6 weeks, i aim to finish the process and hopefully within a few weeks more, see some kind of result

Looking forward to seeing your results (And hopefully mine!)

Best of luck

Thanks for joining Renavon. I look forward to reading about your progress.

The first $100 is always the hardest. Once you hit that goal, you can just as easily hit your first $1,000 a month and so on and so forth. Rinse and repeat.

WikiWarrior 5th January 2012 03:01 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by honestbizpro (Post 5355095)
Hey Eddie I am Digging this thread! I think alot of marketers are doing this but prefer to keep everything they do on the down low.

Plus you said that word...accountability....people think that becoming an internet marketer means you can avoid that..but as you know full well that is crucial in achieving goals and establishing long term partnerships.

I struggled with this at first too. I think on the one hand most people have a strong tendency to share what their doing. Who doesn't like to talk, share and show their peers what their passionate about. Great for exposure too and any promotional activity. Then on the other hand there's always going to be an inherent risk in sharing details of money sites because that's what we're all here to do and not everyone is ethical. Either way it makes sense not to reveal the whole shebang, just what you personally feel comfortable with.

Well, it's day 5 of the challenge anyway. Hopefully everyone is making headway towards their goals. I might do an update over the weekend but so far so slow, as expected heh. I've decided to stop checking my stats every day and just do it once or twice a week so it's a morale booster rather than a source of worry.

aeri 5th January 2012 05:26 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Just popping in here, too :)

Looks like I'll be revising part of my plans (mostly the e-commerce plan, might scratch it out and turn it into a blog also like the niche blogs; nothing concrete yet), but my niche blogs will remain in tact :) Now I have an additional blog to work on sooner or later, but going to focus on one thing at a time!

Hope to see more people joining soon!

Eddie Titan 5th January 2012 07:47 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WikiWarrior (Post 5362785)
Well, it's day 5 of the challenge anyway. Hopefully everyone is making headway towards their goals. I might do an update over the weekend but so far so slow, as expected heh. I've decided to stop checking my stats every day and just do it once or twice a week so it's a morale booster rather than a source of worry.

I've always had a problem with checking my stats. I have learned to let go after the website is settled and showing a consistent increase in traffic. But still, to this day, I place a great deal of emphasis on tracking my website's performance. If there is a reason I am not getting traffic, I want to know why. If I am getting traffic from one source, I want to know how I can get more, and so on and so forth :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeri (Post 5363439)
Just popping in here, too :)

Looks like I'll be revising part of my plans (mostly the e-commerce plan, might scratch it out and turn it into a blog also like the niche blogs; nothing concrete yet), but my niche blogs will remain in tact :) Now I have an additional blog to work on sooner or later, but going to focus on one thing at a time!

Hope to see more people joining soon!

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe you can develop a blog around the same products that you were going to feature in your eCommerce store. Make an income using Amazon and other affiliate programs for the time being. Once you have enough traffic and enough time, replace the affiliate links with your own shopping cart solution.

You can use wordpress for your blog. It will be easy to incorporate a shopping cart solution into your blog later on by using wordpress. You can find a few good solutions that will allow you to convert your blog into an eCommerce website.

Eddie Titan 5th January 2012 08:00 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quick Update: I have been working on a plan that will allow me to start making some seed money in 2012. I will be using affiliate marketing to make this money. I have outlined a plan on my blog.

In short, I will be incorporating a web hosting affiliate program with an offline business service to make money for the next one month and a half. If all goes as planned, I should be able to continue doing this on a much larger scale as I build other online businesses. I will have more on this a little later. I am still working out my marketing strategy for the affiliate program I am going to be in-directly promoting.

JTzor 5th January 2012 08:30 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Hey Eddie and fellow Warriors:

First off, Happy, Healthy, and most Prosperous New Year to all.

Secondly, add me to the list. I must say since joining the Warrior Forum, I have bought a bunch of WSOs, made a lot of friends, and have implemented a variety of ideas, tactics, and plans. I have learned from folks through conversations over skype, over the phone, and through email, as well as from reading their material. It has been a blast.

I recently got married (November 2011) and with some information and tactics I have utilized from the forum and fellow warriors I was able to pay for my wedding. Most of my earnings have been via offline ventures.

This challenge comes at a great time so early in the year. I am in full bore.

I want to add that perhaps all the folks who have joined in on the challenge should meet at least once a week via skype or some other meeting forum/medium to discuss what their progress or difficulties are and push forward with tactics, ideas, brainstorming etc. Kind of like a support group for the challenge.

Let me know what you think.

Rock on and best of luck to everyone.

PS - I can be reached via email, pm, or skype. PM me for details.

Warmest Regards,

John Tzor

aeri 6th January 2012 04:44 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTzor (Post 5368490)
Hey Eddie and fellow Warriors:

First off, Happy, Healthy, and most Prosperous New Year to all.

Secondly, add me to the list. I must say since joining the Warrior Forum, I have bought a bunch of WSOs, made a lot of friends, and have implemented a variety of ideas, tactics, and plans. I have learned from folks through conversations over skype, over the phone, and through email, as well as from reading their material. It has been a blast.

I recently got married (November 2011) and with some information and tactics I have utilized from the forum and fellow warriors I was able to pay for my wedding. Most of my earnings have been via offline ventures.

This challenge comes at a great time so early in the year. I am in full bore.

I want to add that perhaps all the folks who have joined in on the challenge should meet at least once a week via skype or some other meeting forum/medium to discuss what their progress or difficulties are and push forward with tactics, ideas, brainstorming etc. Kind of like a support group for the challenge.

Let me know what you think.

Rock on and best of luck to everyone.

PS - I can be reached via email, pm, or skype. PM me for details.

Warmest Regards,

John Tzor

Hey John, congrats on your wedding :) Great way to pay for your wedding, it must have been a great one!

As for the support group, I agree with the idea as well, but I guess we will all try to set up the time/day eventually at the end of January as Eddie stated that it will be open till the end of January open (it was mentioned in one of the previous posts).

Nice to meet you by the way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Titan (Post 5368300)

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe you can develop a blog around the same products that you were going to feature in your eCommerce store. Make an income using Amazon and other affiliate programs for the time being. Once you have enough traffic and enough time, replace the affiliate links with your own shopping cart solution.

You can use wordpress for your blog. It will be easy to incorporate a shopping cart solution into your blog later on by using wordpress. You can find a few good solutions that will allow you to convert your blog into an eCommerce website.

Thanks for the suggestions; I didn't really connect the dots till you verbalized it for me :D

I looked at some of those shopping carts solution for future reference (played around with it in the domain that was intended for this in the future), and the best one I got that was free/lite version (I might invest in a plug-in later on if needed) is ecwid shopping cart.

yoangov 6th January 2012 07:54 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Great blog mate!

Really inspiring and for sure I will be following it!

Best of luck!

cheers,
Yoangov

JTzor 6th January 2012 08:54 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Nice to meet you as well Aeri.

My wife will tell you that the wedding was "perfect," even though she was nearly an hour late to the church! Lol. I am always available for chat, brainstorming, masterminding, etc. Feel free to PM me and I can then give you more of my contact information as well.

I will make some time for the end of January as well to meet with you all virtually (must have missed the post discussing the end of January meet up).

Warmest Regards

- JT

Diice 6th January 2012 03:42 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Hi Eddie,

my name is Michael, 16 years old and i will accept this challenge.

My aim is $15,000 in profits by the end of 2012. Most likely through a new website i have set up fblikesbooster.com. I will keep you updated if you like?

I know $15,000 is nothing like your target but i think its a little more realistic for a 16 year old who hasnt earnt much money online before. Any help would be appreciated, i am hoping to excel the $15,000 mark.

Please get in touch with me if you have time as i am looking for someone to talk to as a sort of "mentor".

Thanks and good luck everyone!
-Michael

Edit: Please don't mistake me for a typical 16 year old. If theres one thing i hate its people that think their opinion is more viable just because they are older.

Eddie Titan 6th January 2012 06:03 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTzor (Post 5368490)
Hey Eddie and fellow Warriors:

Secondly, add me to the list.

I just added you John. Welcome to the challenge :)

What is your income goal for the New Year?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTzor (Post 5368490)
I recently got married (November 2011) and with some information and tactics I have utilized from the forum and fellow warriors I was able to pay for my wedding. Most of my earnings have been via offline ventures.

Congratulations on your marriage. I wish you and your wife a happy life together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTzor (Post 5368490)
I want to add that perhaps all the folks who have joined in on the challenge should meet at least once a week via skype or some other meeting forum/medium to discuss what their progress or difficulties are and push forward with tactics, ideas, brainstorming etc. Kind of like a support group for the challenge.

That is a good idea. Aeri has also mentioned this. If it is okay with you guys, I think it would be best to start this after the doors have closed. Everyone who is still interested in signing up must do so before January 31st.

Eddie Titan 6th January 2012 06:18 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mickylee7 (Post 5374184)
my name is Michael, 16 years old and i will accept this challenge.

My aim is $15,000 in profits by the end of 2012. Most likely through a new website i have set up fblikesbooster.com. I will keep you updated if you like?

Welcome to the challenge Michael. I just added you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickylee7 (Post 5374184)
Please get in touch with me if you have time as i am looking for someone to talk to as a sort of "mentor".

Soon enough, I am going to set up a system that we can all use to communicate to one another as a group. We can talk about our challenges, advise one another, and ultimately keep ourselves moving forward as a group. I think this is a very powerful tool that anyone looking to make money online should have at their disposal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickylee7 (Post 5374184)
Edit: Please don't mistake me for a typical 16 year old. If theres one thing i hate its people that think their opinion is more viable just because they are older.

That is not what the Warrior Forum or this challenge is about. Age doesn't matter. Experience, work ethic, maturity level, among other things are important factors when in comes to business.

$15,000 is a great goal. Keep us all up to date with your venture.

Diice 6th January 2012 06:32 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Thanks Eddie, i look forward to seeing how everyone gets along.

-Michael

kineluv 7th January 2012 01:53 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Hello everyone,

I'd love to join your challenge. Please add me. Thank you :)

Eddie Titan 7th January 2012 02:50 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kineluv (Post 5376662)
Hello everyone,

I'd love to join your challenge. Please add me. Thank you :)

Hello Kineluv,

Would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself or your goals? What income goal do you hope to achieve in 2012?

Eddie Titan 9th January 2012 02:23 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
We have yet another person who is joining the challenge :)

He would like to stay anonymous, but he will be contributing to our private challenge discussions in the future.

JTzor 14th January 2012 02:12 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Alright, So I will be building off of what has worked for me in the last 6 months or so:

This includes two areas - Offline and Online, specifically a melding of the two of sorts - let me explain:

Offline - I am offering services to small and mid sized local and regional businesses including websites, mobile and traditional, seo, social media, etc.
To capture leads and customers, I am using offline viral type of marketing, including traditional word of mouth, incentivized word of mouth where I give 15% of the new contract or a flat $ amount per sign up (i leave this to the person that is doing the referring), i partner with related businesses that are not in direct competition with me, for instance I have a client that does signs, she has my 2 sided business cards with my information on the front and incentive on the back - I also employ other methods such as going to local trade shows, etc.

Online - I focus on affiliate type deals using two to three affiliate/cpa sites, and for some of the offers I use some of the above offline methods. A couple of examples involve combining say a dvd offer from the cpa site with local restaurants and fast food that offer delivery and combining the cpa offer to the bag, box, or other item of delivery employed by the fast food place. I have also paid restaurants for placement of my cpa/affiliate offers on their tables - this has worked well with a small teeth whitening offer i have used from a cpa offer site

There are other methods that I have used, but these seem to work best for me now. I will be scaling up in the coming months and will evaluate what my profits are relative to my efforts. Hell, I was able to pay for my wedding with these efforts and had some money left over for the honeymoon, so why can't it work for others and for me going forward?

Best of luck and I look forward to contributing more in the very near future.

Warmest Regards,

- JT

Diice 14th January 2012 02:25 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTzor (Post 5425331)
Alright, So I will be building off of what has worked for me in the last 6 months or so:

This includes two areas - Offline and Online, specifically a melding of the two of sorts - let me explain:

Offline - I am offering services to small and mid sized local and regional businesses including websites, mobile and traditional, seo, social media, etc.
To capture leads and customers, I am using offline viral type of marketing, including traditional word of mouth, incentivized word of mouth where I give 15% of the new contract or a flat $ amount per sign up (i leave this to the person that is doing the referring), i partner with related businesses that are not in direct competition with me, for instance I have a client that does signs, she has my 2 sided business cards with my information on the front and incentive on the back - I also employ other methods such as going to local trade shows, etc.

Online - I focus on affiliate type deals using two to three affiliate/cpa sites, and for some of the offers I use some of the above offline methods. A couple of examples involve combining say a dvd offer from the cpa site with local restaurants and fast food that offer delivery and combining the cpa offer to the bag, box, or other item of delivery employed by the fast food place. I have also paid restaurants for placement of my cpa/affiliate offers on their tables - this has worked well with a small teeth whitening offer i have used from a cpa offer site

There are other methods that I have used, but these seem to work best for me now. I will be scaling up in the coming months and will evaluate what my profits are in relative to my efforts. Hell, I was able to pay for my wedding with these efforts and had some money left over for the honeymoon, so why can't it work for others and for me going forward?

Best of luck and I look forward to contributing more in the very near future.

Warmest Regards,

- JT

Hey John, thanks for the detailed info!

I will be looking into a few of your ideas myself soon ;)
-Michael

JTzor 14th January 2012 02:39 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
SKILLS THAT PAY THE BILLS

I just wanted to add that for those who are looking to join this effort, or even if you aren't but are in need of some methods or ideas to get you kick started, here is some advice:

These are the most important aspects and skills you could develop in the online/offline business realm as you progress - I don't know if there is a hierarchy in terms of importance, but as you become skilled in one or all of the below, you should be able to make a serious positive impact on your financial situation, so here goes:

1. MINDEST - You are building a business(es) - take it seriously. If you treat it like a hobby, you will make hobby type money. The more you put in, the more you will make. If you start making money doing what you are planning on doing, REINVEST - either in software, help (staff), coaching, or training. Grow your business. If you are nurturing a plant to growth, do you stop after the seeds are planted or do you keep giving it water, warmth and sunshine? Well, treat your business as such - you neglect it, it wont grow on its own, that's for sure. SO take it serious and make sure your efforts are just as serious as your mindset.

2. TIME MANAGEMENT - Time is your most important and precious asset - take what the estimated average lifespan is for the country, state, etc is where you are currently living and subtract your current age from it. That is the approximate number of years you have left on this planet. Yes, sorry but its just an estimate, I dont know your family history, etc. So, What do you want to do with those remaining years? Well, if you want to live life by your terms, and you have decided that offline/online/IM is for you, get serious about it, manage your time, and unless you are building social media assets and driving traffic to offers that will make you money, then stop posting silly pics and status updates, and stop watching cats jumping into boxes on youtube - your time can be better spent growing your business, knowledge, and aptitude.

LUCRATIVE, SCALABLE SKILL-SETS
A. Persuasive Writing and specifically Copy-writing, being able to influence and impact sales of your own products and your client's products and services, is definitely a tremendous skill. This crosses a couple of different disciplines, for example being able to write with purpose and with skill will allow you to become good at targeted writing, which aids in SEO as well. So in essence, you are "killing two birds with one stone."

B. SEO/Driving Traffic The ability and knowledge of how to drive traffic to websites, offers, and social media and other online assets. This is an ever changing area, as Google's algorithms are in a constant state of flux, so the game is ever changing and you must learn to adopt and evolve with the rules. You do not have to be THE AUTHORITY on this subject or area, but if you are seeking to become a professional service provider in this field then you must at the very least know what the heck you are talking about and must know how to implement some, if not ALL of the steps. Again, once you have enough knowledge where you can drive traffic to a website of your own, you can then scale this up and do the same to a client's site, or to some offers that you are looking to scale up. Eventually, when your business is thriving, you can "outsource" some of these to specialists - this can save you time and allow you to get more clients while the work is being done.

THESE ARE HELPFUL BUT ...
You Don't Necessarily Need the Following:

1) You don't need to know how to build amazing websites from scratch - just have the knowledge to quickly grab and register a domain name and put a serviceable website - if you do not have money to get your own website up and running, especially if you are looking to be a professional service provider, barter services with someone, or use a default theme that comes with wordpress - unless you are looking to become a professional services provider, you really do not need to create websites to profit from some affiliate or cpa offers - you just need to get an affiliate or cpa network id, use the links and graphics they provide you with, get some assets in social media or offline, and market the heck out of them - once you drive the traffic to the offers, that is where the money gets made as you do not need to necessarily fully convert or close these leads to make money - not all the money that you make will come from a sale, just getting the eyes to the offer will suffice.

2) You don't need to be a graphics genius, but it is helpful if you have knowledge on how to use some graphics software, especially Photoshop and/or Gimp. Gimp is freeware - you can download and use it for free on your computer - it is very powerful and compares favorably to Photoshop, although it does lack some of Photoshop's features. Nonetheless, being able to craft or modify a nice graphic can definitely save you time and money, although you don't have to be an award winning logo or graphics designer to make money online and/or offline.

Now, I can go on and on about what you should know and shouldn't know in order to be successful, however the best thing you can do is get a sense of what you are strong at and weak at. Make a Benjamin Franklin sheet - get a sheet of paper, draw a line down the middle, Left hand Column is "Im Good at," Right hand Column is "Im not So Good at." Decide what three things you are going to be utilizing skill wise, and never stop improving on them. Use these skills to get yourself going and work on improving them SIMULTANEOUSLY with your business building efforts.

What I mean is put solid efforts into building your offline or online ventures NOW, while you are working on improving your skills. Always remember, In the Future, you can always improve on what you put out now. Get your business going, get a couple of clients, promote a couple of offers, test, analyze, and improve as you launch these efforts. If you are sitting and just reading this thread you are not helping yourself or anyone else for that matter. I did not write this to entertain anyone. This is just what I have experienced and hope that it helps you in some way as well.

Use some of the names on this forum for inspiration - remember most of them did not get their success handed to them - I can drop some names of folks that have inspired me by their actions and by their success, but I don't want you going off researching and reading about their lives, instead focus on putting forth the 1st few steps to your personal success.

If I can be of any help to anyone, PM me and I'd be glad to help/

That is all for now.

PS - some helpful resources for those who will still try to learn absolutely everything about everything here - no affiliate links just some ideas for you IF you plan on performing research - note I have used all of the below and have enjoyed all their features to varying degrees.

WEEBLY, WIX, & ARTISTEER - webdesign platforms (free with premium/pro options)
Aviary.com - full design suite for graphics, music, etc. (free - web based)
GIMP - graphics design and editing platform (free)


Warmest Regards,

- JT

Eddie Titan 17th January 2012 05:26 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Hey Everyone,

I just made an update on the Warrior Forum. I thought I would share it with everyone in the main internet marketing forum. Check it out: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...lb-effect.html

I have actually made over $3,500 so far (nearing the $4000 mark). I expanded on the method explained in the thread above. I will post additional details soon. I have already done so on my blog if you want to get a sneak peak beforehand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTzor (Post 5425462)
SKILLS THAT PAY THE BILLS

Way to input into the challenge! Thanks.

Diice 17th January 2012 05:41 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Nice one Eddie!

Thanks for the update, i just set up my business fully about a week ago online offering real Facebook Fans and Customers. I didnt have much luck the first few days but i recently decided to start phoning companies and asking to speak to their marketing department, then i explained how i could help their company boost their online presence. It has helped a lot and i have made my first few sales. I have currently made about $70 profit. Which i am very proud of! My first few bucks that i have made online :)

-Michael

aeri 17th January 2012 08:21 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Thanks for sharing ideas on here Eddie and JT :)

Sounds like you're doing well Micky! Keep up the great work!

I've been focusing on Fiverr on top of my college classes so far in January (and planning out when to do my articles before January ends for my affiliate niche sites), so I'll be starting my 2012 a little slow and gradually (at least hopefully) get a snowball effect toward the middle of the year when everything is ready!

I haven't been posting in the forums lately, but hopefully I will be able to check back at least a few times a week :)

kimmer551 17th January 2012 11:17 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Hello, I am very much interested in this challenge, where can I signup? Count me in.

InWait 18th January 2012 11:29 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
I'll join in.

I don't have anything too solid yet, just ideas along with notes. I've made a final decision on what project I'm going to work on. Now it's just a matter of putting it together. I expect this to be a long term commitment and to provide a bulk of my initial online income-whether it's a lot or a little.

Along with that I can make use of some domain names that I have just sitting in some database. Even if I don't make anything off of them now maybe I can do something significant with them later.

I have other projects to eventually put together. This includes a membership site and a review site.

For me all this will be a matter of both time management and making sure my efforts are focused in the right areas.

Though I'm signing up late I'll take the Dec. 31 deadline. I've been doing research for my projects since late last year.

JTzor 19th January 2012 09:07 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Awesome Job and scale it up Mickey! Keep rockin'!

JTzor 19th January 2012 09:11 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
InWait - sounds good

If your research is done, you have a decision to make. Pick two projects that you will work on for the next few weeks or months, depending on their timeframe for completion.

Your goal should be to get them up and running - troubleshoot them to make sure the funnels work. Once that is good to go add to them. Unless you have a huge marketing effort where you have gotten the word out to many prospects/affiliates, improve and grow as you go along. No need for perfection right off the bat.

As you improve, your marketing and affiliate efforts should grow - the more people promoting you and the more channels of promotion the more you will make.

Obviously the important step here is to have you product/service ready to go and then you can grow your "channels of influence."

Morale of the story - come up with a product or service, establish your presence, tighten up your sales funnel(s), market and grow.

DON'T DELAY - DON'T INUNDATE YOURSELF WITH TOO MANY OPTIONS, SHINY OBJECTS, OR DISTRACTIONS.

TWO WILL SUFFICE! (Im not yelling, im just hard of hearing, lol).

Warmest Regards,

- John Tzor (JT)

hardnova 19th January 2012 10:31 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
I can sweeten the deal. Since you all appear to be the real "go-getters" of the forum, here is a way to add $2000 USD CASH to your income for the year and help your charity even more. Win "The Affiliate Cup". The link is in my sig.

hardnova 19th January 2012 12:14 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
John Tzor (JT),

I am a newb here so im not allowed to respond using IM. So here:

My expertise is in the following areas:

Project, Process and Personnel Management
Technical Training and Delivery
Information Technology
Hardware and Software Dev
Creative, Marketing and Sales
Webmastery
SEO

InWait 19th January 2012 01:31 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
JTzor, thanks for the advice. Really, I think I might write down the points you made. Then every time I get distracted or discouraged I'll re-read them to help remind myself of what it is I'm trying to accomplish.

Right now I need to go research some scripts that will be key to making one of my projects work as intended. Once I have that figured out it will only be a matter of putting it all together then getting the word out.

JTzor 19th January 2012 02:13 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
The most distracting thing is lack of progress. We notice that we are not progressing so we feel the necessity to do something, anything. So we jump from guide to guide, product to product, object to object to keep ourselves busy.

That is called moving sideways. The goal is to move forward. Easier said than done? Not if you put one foot forward a bit at a time.

A man wiser than me once said, "By the inch its a cinch, by the yard, it's hard."
If you don't allow yourself the opportunity to build on the primary goal, you will just waste your efforts and time, you might have energy left over, but once time is wasted, you are not getting it back.

This is one of the reasons many on this forum preach outsourcing. Ideally, it is the most time efficient thing to do, but the outsourcing is inexact, as many times you are compelled to go with trial and error to determine the right candidate for whatever project you have going on.

With that said, commit to one immediate goal, and build on it. Don't concern yourself with the ten things you want to do. The only thing that will happen is a month will go by and you will ask yourself why you didn't commit one entire month, an hour a day (that's about 30 hours of good work) to that one thing, which would have sprouted within that one month. Im talking from experience, learn from mine.

Of course, im not advocating neglecting your education, as you grow, reinvest in learning more, and adding to your arsenal, but make sure the money and time you invest runs in concert with what you are doing, what you want to do, and what your customers NEED. Don't forget that.

Kick ass, rock on, and all that good jazz.

Warmest Regards

- JT

Thatgirl 19th January 2012 03:07 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Please add me to this challenge! I am currently working on doing just this.
Right now I am making a little less then $100/month from adsense and $5/month from Amazon(laughable).

I am not new to IM but I have never been consistent. I am more then determined to make this work because I know it CAN.

JTzor 19th January 2012 03:23 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
There ya go - mindset is #1, and it sounds like you have already begun to take some serious action steps.

Your $5/month is not at all laughable. Do some analysis on it, see what is working vs what isn't and re-target your focus. SOMETHING IS working, all you have to change is your approach.

Aim for $5/day next. Retool your approach and go for it. It worked for Dennis Becker it sure can work for you!

Rock on

- JT

Eddie Titan 24th January 2012 03:56 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InWait (Post 5446774)
I'll join in.

I don't have anything too solid yet, just ideas along with notes. I've made a final decision on what project I'm going to work on. Now it's just a matter of putting it together. I expect this to be a long term commitment and to provide a bulk of my initial online income-whether it's a lot or a little.

Along with that I can make use of some domain names that I have just sitting in some database. Even if I don't make anything off of them now maybe I can do something significant with them later.

I have other projects to eventually put together. This includes a membership site and a review site.

For me all this will be a matter of both time management and making sure my efforts are focused in the right areas.

Though I'm signing up late I'll take the Dec. 31 deadline. I've been doing research for my projects since late last year.

Welcome InWait,

I will be happy to add you to the challenge. Do you have any monetary goals set yet? How much do you plan on making in 2012?

Eddie Titan 24th January 2012 03:59 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatgirl (Post 5452152)
Please add me to this challenge! I am currently working on doing just this.
Right now I am making a little less then $100/month from adsense and $5/month from Amazon(laughable).

I am not new to IM but I have never been consistent. I am more then determined to make this work because I know it CAN.

Welcome to the challenge Thatgirl.

I have added you to the challenge. I see you are aiming for $100,000 in 1 year. That is an ambitious goal. Get ready to take massive action online ;)

Good luck to you and everyone else in this challenge.

It is nearing the end of the month. Hopefully we can get a few more participants before we close the doors.

Troy Davis 27th January 2012 01:45 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Alright this is the year I make my mark in the world (at least financially)!!!! :D

I am going to accept the challenge and ride till the wheels fall off..This is not going to be easy for me especially since I have only made about $25 online. :confused:

This is how I propose to EXCEED this challenge:

Offline: I am going to be offering SMS marketing, postcard marketing, email marketing, and SEO services to different local businesses around my area

Online: I will be possible doing adsense and cpa offers since this is where the $25 I made came from...

LET'S GO!!!!

Eddie Titan 28th January 2012 03:10 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Davis (Post 5502721)
Alright this is the year I make my mark in the world (at least financially)!!!! :D

I am going to accept the challenge and ride till the wheels fall off..This is not going to be easy for me especially since I have only made about $25 online. :confused:

This is how I propose to EXCEED this challenge:

Offline: I am going to be offering SMS marketing, postcard marketing, email marketing, and SEO services to different local businesses around my area

Online: I will be possible doing adsense and cpa offers since this is where the $25 I made came from...

LET'S GO!!!!

Hello Troy,

Welcome to the challenge. What is your income goal for this challenge/year?

Troy Davis 28th January 2012 11:22 AM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
I'm going to strive for the 120k!

Eddie Titan 28th January 2012 12:26 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Nice!

I just added you to the challenge.

I hope you reach your goal.

I am going to close the challenge pretty soon (the end of this month). Hopefully a few more people join in.

aeri 28th January 2012 06:26 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
That's great that we have at least 8 people total for the challenge :) Currently for me, I'm mainly busy keeping up with my writing gig on Fiverr, and I have an internship right now with someone in the fashion industry (which is what one of website blog is in), so although I'm working under someone, it feels like I'm working with her instead while getting paid :)

I'm still hoping to be able to get to my small $30k goal, but I'm pretty much guaranteed at least $1,200 by the end of the year, so the hope is there and just need to grow with it :)

I also spoke with JT on Skype sometimes last week, and he helped me with an idea, so I'm hopefully to work on that idea sometimes during the year, too, when I'm not focused on school, Fiverr, and my niche blogs :P

InWait 28th January 2012 10:40 PM

Re: $120,000 Challenge! Join me, help yourself, and help a charity in need!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Titan (Post 5479151)
Welcome InWait,

I will be happy to add you to the challenge. Do you have any monetary goals set yet? How much do you plan on making in 2012?

I intended to answer earlier but I found that I didn't have anything good at the time. I was also unsure about my target goal.

Now that I have a better idea on how I'm going to go about this thing I intend to go big. My minimum target? Six figures by year's end. Too ambitious, especially for someone with little success? Maybe. But I grew up being overly ambitious with a strong competitive streak. So I say why not?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 PM.