Avoid using 7Search PPC as a traffic source for CPA: My unbiased experience

42 replies
Hello everyone,

First of all, I am sorry for my bad English. Below is my entire week experience with 7search and why I won't be continuing with them.....

I have recently stepped my feet into internet marketing but I have gathered all the information necessary before diving in. Following some of the most popular blog's advice on internet marketing, I have registered an account on 7Search and deposited $50. I got $25 as a bonus. So now my total account balance was $75.

I have started searching for some good Email and zip submit offers on Peerfly and created 11 campaigns for such offers. The maximum bid I was keeping is 7 cents. Almost 70% of my bids ranged from 3-5 cents

Well, it has been just 7 days and the entire $75 was exhausted leaving me with 16 conversions out of 1700+ clicks to my ads. The entire revenue was just $16.83. I was stunned by this and I have checked in the Peerfly reports about the SUBIDs I am receiving this crap traffic from and to my shock I see that 90% traffic is from only 8 AFFIDs (Publishers on 7Search).

Can you believe it friends? I have double checked all the keywords and used Find tool so that I don't make a mistake in numbers but I was right. THE ENTIRE TRAFFIC FROM 8 PUBLISHERS HAVING MANY SITES IN THEIR ACCOUNTS!

So that means if I block those 8 IDs, then I won't be getting anymore traffic from 7Search and if I allow them, it will be a waste of my hard earned money.

I have decided that I am not going to use 7Search again in my life and I advise you to stay away from it.

P.S., I know that this thread will be attacked by supporters and workers in 7Search and I am prepared for that. I have attached the proofs below.

Attachment 21786
#7search #avoid #cpa #experience #ppc #source #traffic #unbiased
  • Profile picture of the author jordangracia
    Naser224u thanks for sharing this. Your english wasn't that bad. Hmm Let's just wait, but I don't think 7Search supporters and workers won't attack you. There must be some explanation
    Signature
    Discover... Expert's Top Secrets to Making $2000 on YouTube Quickly!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9598899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author n3o
    is 7search using 2 tier white label adnetwork ?
    Signature
    India Casino Affiliate - Best Casino Affiliate Programs in India
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9610586].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freeson
    Hey! naser224u! You are in the same situation like me, I am now just spent all 50$ with 7Search too(No coupon for me), and only get 3 conversion (worth 4$)with my Peerfly CPA campaign.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9612003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Javisito
    I tried 7Search once and results were literally crap, guess I am not the only one having that experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9612412].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jens1seo
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9614129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goodfuture
    Same story.

    OK, it used to be a decent ad network at some point in time in the past but now it is nothing but a complete piece of S***

    Guess what, I wasted my 50 bucks too

    We will always see more people in the future that will waste their money on this BS network.

    There are still people who promote and support 7search.
    Signature
    Make $250+ Per Day With Only One Stupid Page: CPA Profit Academy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9617046].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    There are only two PPC, adword and others..
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9617315].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naser224u
      Originally Posted by johnben1444 View Post

      There are only two PPC, adword and others..
      Yeah, but the policies of AdWords make it next to impossible advertising CPA offers....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672260].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author solarwarrior
        Originally Posted by naser224u View Post

        Yeah, but the policies of AdWords make it next to impossible advertising CPA offers....
        Impossible if you do direct.

        Most people use a legit looking landers with content to promote cpa offers.
        You need to be smart about it.
        Signature

        Offers 1-1 Coaching for Bing/CPA/Clickbank.
        1,248 students have benefited so far!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672436].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author naser224u
          Yeah, they do good to control the quality score of their advertisers. Some experience is needed.....

          Originally Posted by solarwarrior View Post

          Impossible if you do direct.

          Most people use a legit looking landers with content to promote cpa offers.
          You need to be smart about it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenn Rodgers
    I think that facebook advertising is better then 7search program but GOOGLE adwords is best one.
    Signature

    Find and post Free Classified Ads in UK. Free online advertising, Buy and Sell Cars, property and your desirable pets in just one click distance. Visit at clickinn.co.uk and get solution.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9617482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yoangov
    I've managed to put some profitable campaigns on 7search, but still my experience was poor. First you have to deal with all the garbage traffic IDs, and remove them. Then if you want to get good placements, you need to higher your bid, which most of the time should be OK, as long as you are not doing email submits.

    Afterall, once you block all the bad IDs, you are left with a very low amount of traffic, and here comes the scaling problem. 7search have been around for a long time, and since most of their advertisers are affiliate marketers, they definitely need to do something about fraudulent clicks and garbage traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9619282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author datingbanking
    Used 7search once. only once.
    Signature

    FREE WSO:
    Learn how to setup and make money from your own dating website www.datingbanking.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9669155].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ichthyander
    7Search Sucks. I had a horrible experience with 7Search. Their traffic is poor.
    Signature

    Need some fun? visit http://smilegag.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9669332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naser224u
    Guess I am not the only one who had a crap experience with 7Search. Has Brad Stanley something to say about this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bg10
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9687850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naser224u
      Originally Posted by bg10 View Post

      its a hit and miss with them, the only campaign that have ever made me money with them was paying 40 for a free trial. I would make 1 -2 conversions a week which resulted in 30-40 bucks profit. However, you can make a few bucks a day with email submits but don't spend more than 5 bucks on a campaign.

      You'll see that some campaigns convert and others don't even though they are very similar. I think most of their traffic is from young people so if you go with fast food, gift cards, iphone, ipad and games you may make a few bucks a day
      Was that a weight loss related product? I also tried promoting weight loss. Was getting good impressions and clicks but no conversions. Even wasted money on dating products. Now I am planning to try POF.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naser224u
    Brad Stanley resigns from his position on 7Search. Hahaha

    Hello Naser,

    I would like to personally thank you for the business we've done together here at 7Search. Today marks the end of era as I've accepted a new position with another firm which will provide me some very exciting opportunities. There will be a representative here at 7Search that you can continue to reach out to if you have questions regarding your campaigns. You can send an email to clientsupport@7search.com until your new point of contact is determined.

    Thanks again and I wish you continued success.

    Best Regards,

    Brad Stanley
    7Search.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9689936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solarwarrior
    Bing, Adword, Facebook.

    Stick with these 3 and you will never have a problem with quality.
    Signature

    Offers 1-1 Coaching for Bing/CPA/Clickbank.
    1,248 students have benefited so far!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9690207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mushmush
      Originally Posted by solarwarrior View Post

      Bing, Adword, Facebook.

      Stick with these 3 and you will never have a problem with quality.
      Adword and facebook are headache .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9893687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author peekay
    Hi Naser

    I am not sure that after only 7 days of running a campaign - $75 spend & 1,700 clicks you've got enough data to draw sweeping conclusions like that.

    No network, including Google, can gauarantee you profits... there are a lot of elements involved most of which the Networks do not control.

    It is much than just buying traffic, sending it to an offer and making money... if it were that easy, everybody will be doing it.

    What if instead of sending the traffic to offers directly, you sent the traffic to a landing page you controlled, and also collected names & emails...

    With a revenue of $16.83, I think it is huge opportunity to start optimising and eliminating those parts of your campaign did not work.

    My conclusion:
    • You have given up too quickly and too easily. That is not the right mentality on the Internet, when you are trying to make money.
      Expect at least 4 out of every 10 campaigns to fail.
    • You are potentially missing out on a good opportunity.
    The fact you even made $16.83, tells me that given the right optimisation, you can make it work.

    My 2 cents
    peekay
    Signature
    Find out free how CRO can double or triple your conversions, sales & profits in the next 60 to 90 days...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9690403].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author naser224u
      Originally Posted by peekay View Post

      Hi Naser

      I am not sure that after only 7 days of running a campaign - $75 spend & 1,700 clicks you've got enough data to draw sweeping conclusions like that.
      Thanks for sharing your views Peekay. But it didn't allow me to have enough data. The campaigns that worked were Email and Zip submits.... But what comment do you have on the evidence I gathered? Are there only 8 publishers on 7Search having many sites? Or is the Peerfly data wrong?

      I agree that I had to send the traffic to landing page instead of direct linking, but as you are recommending me to try again, I am a bit afraid to lose another set of $75. I shall try it again once I made profit from my regular blogging journey....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9690495].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe Stewart
        Originally Posted by naser224u View Post

        Thanks for sharing your views Peekay. But it didn't allow me to have enough data. The campaigns that worked were Email and Zip submits.... But what comment do you have on the evidence I gathered? Are there only 8 publishers on 7Search having many sites? Or is the Peerfly data wrong?

        I agree that I had to send the traffic to landing page instead of direct linking, but as you are recommending me to try again, I am a bit afraid to lose another set of $75. I shall try it again once I made profit from my regular blogging journey....
        First of all, when you're just starting out you can almost always expect to lose a few dollars here and there until you learn how to make some campaigns profitable.

        You didn't "lose" $75.00. $25.00 of that was free + you said you had a return of $16.83, so your actual "loss" was only $33.17, right?

        You've found 8 publishers on 7Search that converted for you, so you've paid $33.17 to get that solid data! What you should be doing now is running new offers on the 8 that converted and block everything else for the moment until you're in profit.

        You paid a few bucks to find out which publishers convert and now you're quitting? That's crazy! Please tell me which publishers they were so I can go run some ads on them.

        Also, you should ALWAYS be using a different tracking software than your affiliate network!!! I can't stress this enough!

        If you start making a lot of conversions and they have your data, you're giving them the information on exactly which publishers and/or keywords convert. Once they have this information they can simply tell you that the offer is no longer available and cut you out completely. They'll earn 100% of the profit then because they won't have to pay you a commission.

        Check out Tracking202. It's free.
        Signature

        My New "Share All" Blog Is Coming Soon! Online & Offline Marketing, More!

        http://www.UnCENTSored.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9820512].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author naser224u
          Hi Joe,

          Yeah you are right about balance, but nevertheless, they are funds and equivalent to the one purchased or rewarded. And about the publishers, I am not that crazy to leave the publishers which converted for me. The thing I tried to explain was that I have got only 8 publishers data from Peerfly and they were having many sites....

          I agree on your point that I should have tried prosper202...

          I have also tried blocking many sites from those publishers but after blocking them, the traffic suddenly came to a half. It was a clear indication that the traffic was only coming from waste sources and blocking them means zero traffic.

          I don't intend to offend you or others here and I am truly sorry if you think I am being rude.

          Thanks for your input regarding this....

          Originally Posted by Joe Stewart View Post

          First of all, when you're just starting out you can almost always expect to lose a few dollars here and there until you learn how to make some campaigns profitable.

          You didn't "lose" $75.00. $25.00 of that was free + you said you had a return of $16.83, so your actual "loss" was only $33.17, right?

          You've found 8 publishers on 7Search that converted for you, so you've paid $33.17 to get that solid data! What you should be doing now is running new offers on the 8 that converted and block everything else for the moment until you're in profit.

          You paid a few bucks to find out which publishers convert and now you're quitting? That's crazy! Please tell me which publishers they were so I can go run some ads on them.

          Also, you should ALWAYS be using a different tracking software than your affiliate network!!! I can't stress this enough!

          If you start making a lot of conversions and they have your data, you're giving them the information on exactly which publishers and/or keywords convert. Once they have this information they can simply tell you that the offer is no longer available and cut you out completely. They'll earn 100% of the profit then because they won't have to pay you a commission.

          Check out Tracking202. It's free.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9903652].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joe Stewart
            Hi Naser,

            I didn't take you as being rude. I understand your frustration. I was just trying to put things into perspective for you. Like, "it's not as bad as it seems" and letting you know that there were things you can do to help yourself.

            I recently spent $110.00 on 7Search, though $10.00 was bonus money. I wasn't very familiar with the platform and blew through the first $60.00 quickly.

            I set up tracking on the last $50.00 and tightened up the campaign by putting the settings at exact and phrase match only. I ended up with one conversion for $63.00, but the quality of much of the traffic still wasn't good. I saw some visitors from overseas even though I had the settings for USA only traffic. It wasn't enough to complain about, though.

            My thoughts on 7Search are that it's not an elite source of traffic, but there are people making a LOT of cash by using them. Gauher Chauhdry said that he knows people that spend over $100k per month on there. That's some serious traffic brokering!

            Still, I'm just not that analytical to break down all of those individual traffic sources and prefer to stick with the larger networks that I'm more familiar with.

            Good luck!

            Joe



            Originally Posted by naser224u View Post

            Hi Joe,

            Yeah you are right about balance, but nevertheless, they are funds and equivalent to the one purchased or rewarded. And about the publishers, I am not that crazy to leave the publishers which converted for me. The thing I tried to explain was that I have got only 8 publishers data from Peerfly and they were having many sites....

            I agree on your point that I should have tried prosper202...

            I have also tried blocking many sites from those publishers but after blocking them, the traffic suddenly came to a half. It was a clear indication that the traffic was only coming from waste sources and blocking them means zero traffic.

            I don't intend to offend you or others here and I am truly sorry if you think I am being rude.

            Thanks for your input regarding this....
            Signature

            My New "Share All" Blog Is Coming Soon! Online & Offline Marketing, More!

            http://www.UnCENTSored.com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9907047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    PPC is a risky game & I know I've lost some money before 2. I would get a landing page & autoresponder so you don't lose your leads tho.
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9690818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Garret1
    i've made money with 7search, but It depends on the niche. I was doing well in the auto insurance niche. You have to block the bad partners, but it does take money to test and time to get rid of the bad traffic.

    I did try again recently and the results were pretty bad though.
    Signature
    Free 5 Module E-Course "Pop-up Wealth" - learn to get targeted traffic for $0.005 - get it free here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9691400].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9692099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPCJunky
    7Search is the absolute worst. There is no good traffic. You'd end up filtering out everything as OP mentioned. Just stay away from these awful fake/redirect traffic company.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9720320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samthewildone
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9723233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nurix45
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9750108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samthewildone
    Your not the only one pal...
    Used them earlier this month and returns were
    just so bad.

    Recommend, use the top tier ppc networks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9753180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danielmav
    Great thread. I have not used 7search so far and i am not going to use it anyway. Thanks everyone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9753852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cjshu99
    7search takes a lot of testing before finding something profitable. email and zip submits do not generate enough revenue to use on ppc. I think I had a dating offer and a free game offer get profitable there but not by much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9757280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    Very helpful thread. I have never used 7Search and now I think that I will probably not bother. I have done OK with Bing. They do allow direct linking if you do not have an auto start video or pop-up on the landing page.

    I think it is telling that so many people here voiced their opinion that they did NOT have a good experience with 7search. No one really supported them to an significant degree.
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lrs1995
    I have had profitable campaigns on 7Search.
    You need to be tracking to cut non-profitable keywords and black-listing bad publishers.

    naser224u 7search has way more than 8 pubs. You were supposed to blacklist those pubs after the spent 2-3x offer payout. If you improve your optimising im sure you will profitable on 7search.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9777094].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Datingport
      Originally Posted by lrs1995 View Post

      I have had profitable campaigns on 7Search.
      You need to be tracking to cut non-profitable keywords and black-listing bad publishers.

      naser224u 7search has way more than 8 pubs. You were supposed to blacklist those pubs after the spent 2-3x offer payout. If you improve your optimising im sure you will profitable on 7search.
      I agree. I'm not defending them, I had both good and bad experiences but it all comes down to testing and tracking. For those still using them, also look for traffic coming in off of proxies.
      Signature

      It's amazing what you (L)earn when you put some effort into it!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9820064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jonj31070
    Yeah, 7Search is tough to make money with. I usually use it to test and work out the kinks in campaigns before I spend the real money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9820825].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RafaelThaGreat
      This was a really good thread, I actually learned a few things. My experience with 7search was bad as well, 0 conversions. I'm basically a beginner so I know I need to learn more to become profitable at this.
      Signature

      I plan to rule the world.... Starting Monday.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9838495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author topmarketing
    I wondered,all that shame a bout 7search,I dont see anybody from this website to reply,they have to explain something!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10192526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samfakroon
    Hello Guys Please note 7search is not a Search engine like Google or Bing but its a search network that has many partners. If you do not track properly you are bound to fail miserably. I actually wonder why those of you who got good convertions stopped the traffic. By you saying you got conversions actually means its a good traffic source and needs some optimization. Now I dont think it would be good for a newbie to do 7 search but if you know proper tracking then definately you should go for it. Thanks
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10251534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davedemille
    I've had some horrible results as well but I didn't put enough thought into tracking. I just watched a training course that mentioned some tools within 7search that I wasn't using. I think I'll give them another shot to see if it works out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10282950].message }}

Trending Topics