Best Mentoring program/mentors? (RJ?)

37 replies
Hello
I am looking for a good mentoring program that can take me from A to Z with ongoing support
I have had some small projects here and there with minor success until it stopped working.
I am willing to put in the time and effort (I have a couple of months at my disposal to learn the materials), just need to be told the exact steps and helped along the way with good advices.

I am tired of learning stuff here-and-there, and putting the things together in my head, I want a program that would have the package ready and show me the steps.

Please help me choose a program for that, a program that you personally went through.

Also, what is your opinion on The Rich Jerk? I see he has a new program available.

Thank you in advance.
#mentoring #program or mentors
  • Profile picture of the author keiran
    The best program for you would probably depend on the stage you are at now and what you want to achieve.

    You mention previous small projects, so I'm wondering what your level of experience is to date?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10322398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      As your goal seems to be yet another discussion of RJ - suggest you use the search function - you'll find one recent thread and at least four new Classified Ads (by RJ affiliates) for the product.
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

      You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10322605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    You sure it's not RJ? That whole staying relevant thing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10322627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LesterRussell
    You can consider looking at MOBE as well. They have a good system put up in place but there are plenty of upsells so be warned.
    Signature
    Updated With All The Internet Marketing Tips I Find
    => Check Out My Internet Marketing Blog <=
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10322658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chyan007
      Banned
      Originally Posted by LesterRussell View Post

      You can consider looking at MOBE as well. They have a good system put up in place but there are plenty of upsells so be warned.

      You can consider it ,,, if you have 10k$

      They have heaps of upsells
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340965].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nzchick
        You could google im mentors and see what they have to offer as it is like a partnership, you both have to like each other and to least to be able to understand each other. Message them and ask them a few questions you will then get an idea if they fir with you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10349771].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author leedev
      Originally Posted by LesterRussell View Post

      You can consider looking at MOBE as well. They have a good system put up in place but there are plenty of upsells so be warned.
      Stay away -- no kidding

      Just keep clicking without ordering anything, follow related articles
      and you'll see the try to get some $18,000 from you... all done by an Ozzie
      from Perth, Western Autralia, a real nice city though!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skydragon89
    My goal is to make a substantial autopilot passive income online and learn everything necessary for that. (affiliate marketing, creating my own product - you name it. I will do whatever it takes) Isn't is what everyone here aspires? My level - close to beginner.
    I don't want to discuss RJ in particular, it's just the only one I know.
    I will look into MOBE. thank you.
    Any other suggestions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10322955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jarrod
      Originally Posted by skydragon89 View Post

      I will look into MOBE. thank you.
      Please do your diligent research into MOBE before you consider joining. Many who have gone for it (self included) feel that they have been ripped off and scammed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10323271].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author awww1some
      I would stay far away from Mobe as i could get.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484794].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by skydragon89 View Post

    Hello
    I am looking for a good mentoring program that can take me from A to Z with ongoing support
    I have had some small projects here and there with minor success until it stopped working.
    I am willing to put in the time and effort (I have a couple of months at my disposal to learn the materials), just need to be told the exact steps and helped along the way with good advices.

    I am tired of learning stuff here-and-there, and putting the things together in my head, I want a program that would have the package ready and show me the steps.

    Please help me choose a program for that, a program that you personally went through.

    Also, what is your opinion on The Rich Jerk? I see he has a new program available.

    Thank you in advance.
    I love the Rich Jerk. Its good 'infotainment'.

    I got the original $10 e-book with Forum access back in the day. And learned quite a bit from it.

    Not sure of the quality now.

    I will have to say it is quite steep at $300 if it is comparable to what it once was.

    But who knows IM is different now so it could be worth every penny with more info..

    As a newbie, there may be other viable alternatives to really learn at a fraction of the cost




    -Robert Andrew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10322964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skydragon89
    Guys, you aren't making it easier... I want to spend some money on a mentorship program that will teach me specifically how to do 1 (2, 3) long term tactics step-by-step, implement them, and have an ongoing income stream, and have an online support to go along the way.

    I don't have a big picture about internet marketing in my head, I want to learn one way of making money online from someone who is successful with it, learn everything there is to learn about this specific way, make it work, then move to the next one. And I need expert support along the way. That's all.

    So can you plrase help me find what I am looking for, and what you personally have been successful with?

    Thank you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10323337].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ysckyler
      You can try marking affilorama course, there a free one and a paid one. Both are step by step with video that teaches you everything you need to know. If you want a quick start version, you can also opt for affilo jet pack, it comes with fully research niche and marketing email for your responder for a year.

      OR there nicheprofir classroom, also follows similar path as above. Method differs slightly. Do your research and see which one fits, both courses are pretty solid and support are great.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Rich Jerk is excellent for the money. Add to that coaching webinars and done for your campaigns, plus full courses on creating a million dollar Amazon business (bonus), and done for you SEO, AND RJ Gold, it is worth every penny. RJ is a persona, but the techniques are long term and lasting. But it is not for you unless you're willing to invest over time in your business (ie more than just the course).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10340366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skydragon89
    Thank you all for your replies.
    Does anyone else have a suggestion?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
    Some questions...

    You are asking about a mentor program. It would help to know your budget. There's a lot out there in all different price ranges.

    Do you have a specific interest?

    What do you envision as 1,2,3 step long term tactics? It's vague. Do you want to learn how to create and sell your own products? Affiliate marketing?

    I can make one recommendation. Do a search for Liz Tomey. She regularly does coaching and mentoring usually focused on product creation and selling. She has a range of programs from group coaching for as little at $37 to one on one mentoring for several hundred dollars and up. She tends to run her coaching with a time frame - for example 30 days, 6 months, etc. depending. And she limits access to her programs to keep it manageable.

    And I should mention - she's wicked smart.

    Good luck!
    Signature

    Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10476737].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bemyboss
      Don't buy form Liz Tomey. I bought a training video course from her about a year ago. It comes with resell rights and allows me to access its website. But after six months, I was locked out from this website. I submitted a few tickets to her but never any replies. Better to stay away from her.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10480205].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
        Originally Posted by bemyboss View Post

        Don't buy form Liz Tomey. I bought a training video course from her about a year ago. It comes with resell rights and allows me to access its website. But after six months, I was locked out from this website. I submitted a few tickets to her but never any replies. Better to stay away from her.
        Sorry you had that issue. You should try another ticket - lizlive.com

        Having customer issues is part of this life. It happens and when it does you do you best to satisfy the issues. That doesn't make them bad or scammers.

        Her training is top notch. I recommend it highly.
        Signature

        Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10480296].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author frodo77
          OMG Machines. Expensive but worth it in my humble opinion.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10481234].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bemyboss
          Thanks Mike.

          I will send another ticket to Liz at live.com.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10481454].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author seriousmny
          Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

          Sorry you had that issue. You should try another ticket - lizlive.com

          Having customer issues is part of this life. It happens and when it does you do you best to satisfy the issues. That doesn't make them bad or scammers.

          Her training is top notch. I recommend it highly.
          I paid for a product that never materialized on Paypaltrip.com. She never explained to me what happened to that or refund me for that. I emailed her about 12 months at Lizlive.com. I also was a "Lifetime member" of her coaching program MyMakeMoneyOnlineCoach.com and the site disappeared with no explanations or response from customer support. I cannot recommend her products.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484162].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
            Originally Posted by seriousmny View Post

            I paid for a product that never materialized on Paypaltrip.com. She never explained to me what happened to that or refund me for that. I emailed her about 12 months at Lizlive.com. I also was a "Lifetime member" of her coaching program MyMakeMoneyOnlineCoach.com and the site disappeared with no explanations or response from customer support. I cannot recommend her products.
            Sorry you had that issue too. I still stand by Liz. It sucks when things like this happen, but unfortunately they do.

            One thing I never liked is offering any kind of "Lifetime" access. Because the word "Lifetime" is ambiguous. For the customer, it means for all time. For the person who makes the offer it often time means for the "life" of the website. It's never spelled out. I never put "lifetime" in any of my product copy because there is always a day on every product I offered where I wanted to simply put an end to it.

            Anyway, if you'd like I can reach out to Liz for you. Let me know...

            Mike
            Signature

            Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484314].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
              Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

              Sorry you had that issue too. I still stand by Liz. It sucks when things like this happen, but unfortunately they do.

              One thing I never liked is offering any kind of "Lifetime" access.

              Anyway, if you'd like I can reach out to Liz for you. Let meys know...

              Mike

              Seriously, you took the complaints at face value, and then declared you still stand behind the person? You need to drastically raise the standards that need to be met for someone to earn your endorsement.

              Things like being sold lifetime access to a coaching program, only to have the coach close up shop with no explanation, and then dodge attempts on the student's part to find out what is going on, and paying for a product which is never delivered, and being stonewalled on that as well, don't just "happen"; not in the sense rain just happens.

              They only happen when someone gets ripped off by a con artist.

              "Lifetime access" is self explanatory and needs no spelling out, if you deal with honest people. If as you said, it often means in the mind of the seller "the lifetime of the website"; then that just means sellers are often committing fraud. Nobody is so dense that they write the sales copy using the phrase "lifetime access" or similar, thinking that the reader will understand that only means "until the website disappears". Obviously lifetime access has a high perceived value because it really means what it says, not that ridiculous, self serving, willful misinterpretation.

              Such a laughable, absurd premise of course equates to nothing at all; because the promise would be fulfilled in that sense if they took the site down an hour after selling the "lifetime" pass; as long as they delivered the access during the hour it had left to "live".

              I can't comment on whether the complaints are true, but you took them at face value, and then said you still stick by the person who, if they are true, committed two blatant criminal ripoffs against the same person. These are not victimless crimes; the victim is out time and money, and left with a reduced capacity to trust the next honest vendor.

              Why should anyone take you up on reaching out to a vendor who screwed them and then hid, that you say you still stand by, having already wasted too much time on that vendor? Unless you can get them a refund, there is nothing in it for them but the promise of more headaches and disappointment.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author awww1some
    The only one i can recommend is Sean Mize. From this forum. I am not an affiliate.
    Here's a time-tested, proven system for getting the absolute highest results fastest ($50k, $100k, even $200k Infobusinesses). . .
    Sean is honest and ahead of most others as he does what he teaches and it works.
    I am just a customer of his. Not an affiliate. Trust me from the heart that he is one of the best. Nothing rehashed. Most other people just offer stuff they have not done before.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10484491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gail.Tennessee
      link doesn't work :-( I was actually considering Sean Mize
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10489541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kb24
    I would recommend a place but are you willing to spend $297 a month? They will do all the technical stuff for you..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10506172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Wow, the guy offered to try and help as he obviously believes in the seller. Goes to show no good deed goes unpunished.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10525937].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Wow, the guy offered to try and help as he obviously believes in the seller. Goes to show no good deed goes unpunished.
      No worries. I ignore trolls. You should too. The man speaks where he has no knowledge. I will continue to defend my friends. And when they do something wrong I will take it to them. Privately.

      Enough said on this subject. People like Mr. High and Mighty are the exact reason I usually don't even try to help.

      Guess I'll go back to that.
      Signature

      Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527227].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
        Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

        No worries. I ignore trolls. You should too. The man speaks where he has no knowledge. I will continue to defend my friends. And when they do something wrong I will take it to them. Privately.

        Enough said on this subject. People like Mr. High and Mighty are the exact reason I usually don't even try to help.

        Guess I'll go back to that.
        Nobody but her friends can speak? I didn't do business with her, nor claim knowledge of any of this, but anyone can chime in-this isn't your private forum, where only friends of your friends can speak.

        We all know there is too much ripping off of customers in our marketplace, and we have a right to chime in and say its wrong, whether its your friend or not. Of course I don't know the truth for sure; nor do you. But you didn't express any doubts, just offered weak rationalizations for your friend's behavior, assuming the complaints weren't a lie.

        You could have challenged the truth of the complaints. You might have claimed there was bad blood between your friend and the other woman, whom you suspect made it all up, I'd have no reason to second guess you; obviously I don't know.

        But that isn't what you did. You accepted the complaint at face value, and said it was "unfortunate" that these things "happen", as if it was an unavoidable fact of life, and not a vendor ripping off a client, which, if the complaint is true, is exactly what it was; no special knowledge needed to draw that obvious conclusion.

        It's simply basic ethics; you don't sell something, and then fail to deliver, then hide from your client. If the complaint is accurate, which you didn't question, then "things happen" and "lifetime" perhaps just means "of the site", justifies nothing.

        I didn't know our standards had sunk to the level where it is considered "high and mighty" to expect someone taking money for a product, to deliver it rather than just take the money and avoid the customer. Or expect a "lifetime" of access to something, to mean what it says, rather than "however long I decide to keep it going".

        But then, I don't know anything, because you called me "high and mighty" and a "troll", thus proving your friend is faultless, "lifetime" means nothing, and vendors have no obligation to deliver what they sold.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527276].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Wow, the guy offered to try and help as he obviously believes in the seller. Goes to show no good deed goes unpunished.
      If you're referring to my post, you might try refuting my logic, rather than attempting to belittle it as a "punishment" for a "good deed".

      Maybe you can start by explaining how the "good deed" is necessary, if his friend that he still believes in is an honest person, who isn't blatantly avoiding the client who says she was abandoned, and stonewalled in her repeated attempts to communicate; facts he appears to accept, hence the need for him to contact her, since apparently she's not avoiding him. I'd love to hear that rationalized away.

      You see, that is what raises a red flag to me; he appears to believe the dual complaint, yet with the outrageous behavior described in it, is kind of shrugging it off and saying he still stands by the person, without bothering to reconcile that with the victimization of the client.

      He even appears to rationalize the behavior, saying "sucks when this happens...but unfortunately, it does", as if the outrageous behavior of taking someone's money, not delivering the product, not refunding, and stonewalling the victim, had no person behind it, and was more like some unavoidable hardship nature threw at her.

      Then of course, the other part of the complaint is rationalized by the incredible explanation that maybe the seller really means "lifetime of the website" when offering a lifetime access pass; a huge feat of mental gymnastics that would obviously render the term totally meaningless.

      It isn't like "lifetime" is a new word in advertising that is open to multiple silly interpretations; many companies have offered lifetime this and that. You can bet if say, Toyota offered a lifetime warranty on a car, then refused to honor it, claiming "the car died, and that voided the warranty, because we really meant "lifetime of the car" nudge nudge, wink wink, a successful (rightly so), class action lawsuit would follow, forcing them to keep their word.

      The offer to reach out to her pales as a good deed in comparison to the harm that might be caused to others by a continued endorsement of someone known to abandon clients after taking their money, which begs the question of how bad a crime his friends have to commit before he says "I used to endorse her, but can't now, in light of what she did"?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527234].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
        Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

        If you're referring to my post, you might try refuting my logic, rather than attempting to belittle it as a "punishment" for a "good deed".

        Maybe you can start by explaining how the "good deed" is necessary, if his friend that he still believes in is an honest person, who isn't blatantly avoiding the client who says she was abandoned, and stonewalled in her repeated attempts to communicate; facts he appears to accept, hence the need for him to contact her, since apparently she's not avoiding him. I'd love to hear that rationalized away.

        You see, that is what raises a red flag to me; he appears to believe the dual complaint, yet with the outrageous behavior described in it, is kind of shrugging it off and saying he still stands by the person, without bothering to reconcile that with the victimization of the client.

        He even appears to rationalize the behavior, saying "sucks when this happens...but unfortunately, it does", as if the outrageous behavior of taking someone's money, not delivering the product, not refunding, and stonewalling the victim, had no person behind it, and was more like some unavoidable hardship nature threw at her.

        Then of course, the other part of the complaint is rationalized by the incredible explanation that maybe the seller really means "lifetime of the website" when offering a lifetime access pass; a huge feat of mental gymnastics that would obviously render the term totally meaningless.

        It isn't like "lifetime" is a new word in advertising that is open to multiple silly interpretations; many companies have offered lifetime this and that. You can bet if say, Toyota offered a lifetime warranty on a car, then refused to honor it, claiming "the car died, and that voided the warranty, because we really meant "lifetime of the car" nudge nudge, wink wink, a successful (rightly so), class action lawsuit would follow, forcing them to keep their word.

        The offer to reach out to her pales as a good deed in comparison to the harm that might be caused to others by a continued endorsement of someone known to abandon clients after taking their money, which begs the question of how bad a crime his friends have to commit before he says "I used to endorse her, but can't now, in light of what she did"?

        Yep, cause you know it all.

        You get a lot of nose bleeds way up there?

        You have a lot of nerve in your judgement of me. You have no clue what you're talking about.

        So I forgive you.

        Have a good evening.
        Signature

        Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527250].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
          Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

          Yep, cause you know it all.

          You get a lot of nose bleeds way up there?

          You have a lot of nerve in your judgement of me. You have no clue what you're talking about.

          So I forgive you.

          Have a good evening.
          I commented on the thread; not your life. I didn't say you're a bad person, but yes, I question why you maintain that its okay for people to get ripped off, as long as its your friend doing it.

          "Way up here", where "lifetime" means something, and people are expected to deliver the goods once they take money for them. Okay.

          I have no clue? I do have an inkling that "lifetime" access means lifetime access, and not "the life of the site". I have an inkling that people who take money for things and then don't deliver, aren't the "good guys" in a market where that happens all too often, giving everyone a bad name, and hurting the people who paid, hoping to get some value.

          Thanks for the forgiveness though; after the name calling, I was feeling pretty bad about how I must have hurt your feelings; now I won't be tossing and turning over the guilt.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527279].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
            Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

            I commented on the thread; not your life. I didn't say you're a bad person, but yes, I question why you maintain that its okay for people to get ripped off, as long as its your friend doing it.
            Seemed like you attacked my character. As for the "okay for people getting ripped off"...I never said that. And it's an idiotic interpretation on your part. But it's YOUR interpretation.

            Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

            "Way up here", where "lifetime" means something, and people are expected to deliver the goods once they take money for them. Okay.
            I agree. And I chose to handle it privately. Meaning no one else's business but Liz's and the woman who had the complaint. Also meaning not YOUR business.

            Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

            I have no clue? I do have an inkling that "lifetime" access means lifetime access, and not "the life of the site". I have an inkling that people who take money for things and then don't deliver, aren't the "good guys" in a market where that happens all too often, giving everyone a bad name, and hurting the people who paid, hoping to get some value.
            Read last comment above.

            Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

            Thanks for the forgiveness though; after the name calling, I was feeling pretty bad about how I must have hurt your feelings; now I won't be tossing and turning over the guilt.
            Just because you think you didn't attack my character doesn't mean I didn't take it that way.

            And I doubt you felt bad. Even for a nanosecond.

            Yes, MY interpretation. But that's how it goes in forums, etc.

            I am out of this conversation because I see it now as a colossal waste of my time.

            Keep one last thing in mind. I didn't invite you in to this. You chose to jump in. If you don't like my responses, well, that's life.

            Again - have a nice evening.
            Signature

            Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10527288].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Greg guitar
              Originally Posted by MikeAmbrosio View Post

              Seemed like you attacked my character. As for the "okay for people getting ripped off"...I never said that. And it's an idiotic interpretation on your part. But it's YOUR interpretation.



              I agree. And I chose to handle it privately. Meaning no one else's business but Liz's and the woman who had the complaint. Also meaning not YOUR business.



              Read last comment above.



              Just because you think you didn't attack my character doesn't mean I didn't take it that way.

              And I doubt you felt bad. Even for a nanosecond.

              Yes, MY interpretation. But that's how it goes in forums, etc.

              I am out of this conversation because I see it now as a colossal waste of my time.

              Keep one last thing in mind. I didn't invite you in to this. You chose to jump in. If you don't like my responses, well, that's life.

              Again - have a nice evening.
              Okay, you do the same.

              But before I end my part, I'm going to offer another uninvited reply.

              I think "well that's life" is something you might want to say to yourself instead of me, since I never implied you needed an invitation to dare say whatever you wish. I'm well aware this isn't my private thread. We are just expressing our opinions.

              You on the other hand, seem pretty offended that I dared chime in about your friend and your unqualified endorsement of her, while you offered not a word of skepticism about the facts laid out by the complaint, which clearly described two blatant ripoffs.

              I honestly would prefer you weren't offended, but I'm not going to censor my thoughts or not post in recognition of your right to control conversations about your friend.

              As for my idiotic interpretation of your post endorsing your friend, the only things you had to say about the described ripoffs were (paraphrase) "unfortunately this kind of thing happens", regarding the non-delivery of product, with no refund, and an avoidance of communication, and "perhaps "lifetime" just meant "of the website"", regarding the "lifetime" coaching site that disappeared without a trace, also followed by avoidance of the buyer's attempts to contact the seller. That interpretation of "lifetime" is meaningless and absurd imo, and an example of you bending over backwards to rationalize your friend ripping off the buyer.

              You offer to contact the seller yourself was nice of you, but also a clear recognition of the fact that she was avoiding the buyer, or your offer wouldn't have been needed. Yet rationalizing is all you did; not a word recognizing how wrong it was, to temper your endorsement.

              How am I to see that you're aware the behavior was wrong, when you wouldn't say one word critical of it, yet were willing to say you "stand by" her? I don't think my interpretation that you must be okay with the behavior, given what you were and were not willing to say, is idiotic at all.

              I think its what made sense in light of the limited information I had. If you wanted people to know you thought it was wrong, you might have actually said something indicating it-I don't read minds.

              The fact that you laid on the sarcasm, calling my attitude "high and mighty" certainly added to my impression that you have a casual attitude toward sellers ripping off buyers in this market. My "high and mighty" attitude is only that sellers should deliver what they promise, and not hide from their buyers once they pay; to me that is a very modest standard; not a "high and mighty" one.

              I now believe that you aren't okay with what your friend did, but when I made the comment that offended you, you had not said one word indicating you thought it was bad; just the endorsement and the rationalizations.

              I can live with you thinking I'm an idiot. I hope you can live with people criticizing your friends when they rip someone off, and criticizing you when you respond by uncritically endorsing them afterwards.

              Again, I'd prefer you not be offended by me, but those are my honest thoughts-to think on, or reject as you wish. And I really do hope you have a nice evening, and life. Most of all, I hope you can straighten out your friend and get her to make things right with the buyer.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531265].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MikeAmbrosio
                Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

                Okay, you do the same.

                But before I end my part, I'm going to offer another uninvited reply.

                I think "well that's life" is something you might want to say to yourself instead of me, since I never implied you needed an invitation to dare say whatever you wish. I'm well aware this isn't my private thread. We are just expressing our opinions.
                Sometimes no one really knows all the answers to other peoples problems. "Well that's life" (since you cropped it out the reply) was a statement that sometimes in life things happen that we can't control, or sometimes there are things that go on that we are not aware of that create these issues. NOT that I don't care, which you seem to insinuate.

                This entire scope of conversation is based on your coming in late, and not understanding the dynamics - to which I had no desire - nor obligation - to explain. This is just a forum.

                Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post

                You on the other hand, seem pretty offended that I dared chime in about your friend and your unqualified endorsement of her, while you offered not a word of skepticism about the facts laid out by the complaint, which clearly described two blatant ripoffs.
                Another misunderstanding (and assumption) on your part. From your very first post:

                Seriously, you took the complaints at face value, and then declared you still stand behind the person? You need to drastically raise the standards that need to be met for someone to earn your endorsement.

                I can't comment on whether the complaints are true, but you took them at face value, and then said you still stick by the person who, if they are true, committed two blatant criminal ripoffs against the same person.

                Why should anyone take you up on reaching out to a vendor who screwed them and then hid, that you say you still stand by, having already wasted too much time on that vendor?


                You make serious assumptions about my motivations as if you were sitting here in my office while I posted. I took her initial (and subsequent to a degree) posts "at face value" because at the time I posted them I only had her (the customers) side. While I had no reason to doubt her sincerity I wanted to hear from Liz before I made any judgment. Yes, because she is my friend. For 10 years. And this behavior is uncharacteristic for her, so I wanted to talk to her first before I jumped on the "she ripped me off" band wagon.

                You do that for your friends, right? I would hope so.

                So my "offense" was your assumption of my motivation to be involved, or letting my "friend" off the hook simply because she is my friend. NOT because you "dared chime in" about her.

                Understand now?

                Liz is a big girl and can take care of herself. In the meantime, if I see something like this about ANY of my friends, I will usually try to figure out what the issue is and try to resolve it. THAT is my motivation.

                Originally Posted by Greg guitar View Post


                I honestly would prefer you weren't offended, but I'm not going to censor my thoughts or not post in recognition of your right to control conversations about your friend.

                As for my idiotic interpretation of your post endorsing your friend, the only things you had to say about the described ripoffs were (paraphrase) "unfortunately this kind of thing happens", regarding the non-delivery of product, with no refund, and an avoidance of communication, and "perhaps "lifetime" just meant "of the website"", regarding the "lifetime" coaching site that disappeared without a trace, also followed by avoidance of the buyer's attempts to contact the seller. That interpretation of "lifetime" is meaningless and absurd imo, and an example of you bending over backwards to rationalize your friend ripping off the buyer.

                You offer to contact the seller yourself was nice of you, but also a clear recognition of the fact that she was avoiding the buyer, or your offer wouldn't have been needed. Yet rationalizing is all you did; not a word recognizing how wrong it was, to temper your endorsement.

                How am I to see that you're aware the behavior was wrong, when you wouldn't say one word critical of it, yet were willing to say you "stand by" her? I don't think my interpretation that you must be okay with the behavior, given what you were and were not willing to say, is idiotic at all.

                I think its what made sense in light of the limited information I had. If you wanted people to know you thought it was wrong, you might have actually said something indicating it-I don't read minds.

                The fact that you laid on the sarcasm, calling my attitude "high and mighty" certainly added to my impression that you have a casual attitude toward sellers ripping off buyers in this market. My "high and mighty" attitude is only that sellers should deliver what they promise, and not hide from their buyers once they pay; to me that is a very modest standard; not a "high and mighty" one.

                I now believe that you aren't okay with what your friend did, but when I made the comment that offended you, you had not said one word indicating you thought it was bad; just the endorsement and the rationalizations.

                I can live with you thinking I'm an idiot. I hope you can live with people criticizing your friends when they rip someone off, and criticizing you when you respond by uncritically endorsing them afterwards.

                Again, I'd prefer you not be offended by me, but those are my honest thoughts-to think on, or reject as you wish. And I really do hope you have a nice evening, and life. Most of all, I hope you can straighten out your friend and get her to make things right with the buyer.
                I won't comment on the rest of this because honestly, it's irrelevant to the rest of the conversation.

                Just keep in mind in the future that when you read these threads, 99% of the time there is WAY more to it than what you read. In the case of Liz, I stand by the fact that she in no way intended to "rip off" anyone. There were circumstances in her life that I will NOT expand upon in a public forum that indeed contributed to this unfortunate situation. As I understand it (but have NOT confirmed) she privately reached out to the customer.

                And before you say it, I also "get" that a customer doesn't want to hear about personal issues when they pay for something. I also happen to buy an awful lot of things, so I am a customer too. But like I said, sometimes things just happen. We can choose to understand, or we can choose to write it off, or we can choose to think the person a thief. That's up to each of us individually. This market is full of rip-off artists and I get that. If I told you the story of the guy that took me for $17,000 it would make your hair stand up. But I STILL choose to give people the benefit of the doubt in most situations. ESPECIALLY when I know them personally. Because THAT is part of my character.

                Finally, just because people don't explain things to your standards doesn't mean they don't care, doesn't mean they condone bad behavior, or anything else. It simply means (in my case anyway) that I don't feel the need or desire to explain my every action or inaction. Usually because it's either private, or just too complicated to really explain.

                If you felt at all insulted by my personal observations to your posts, I apologize. I simply don't care for what I read as a personal "attack" (for lack of a better word) on MY character. Not my friends character.
                Signature

                Are you protecting your on line business? If you have a website, blog, ecommerce store you NEED to back it up regularly. Your webhost will only protect you so much. Check out Quirkel. Protect yourself.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531617].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Kiwigal
                  Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you.
                  Jim Rohn
                  Can we get back to the subject:-)
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10546678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samfakroon
    Programs are very good extremely good but 90% still fail coz the lack the push to follow the steps they lack supervision. Most of my Students tell me this so I am talking from experience no matter how good a product is, it depends really on the will of you following it. Another inevitable thing is todays internet market growth is too high and what works yesterday will not work today. In my opinion its good to hire a mentor who knows and will take you through each step and when you will be about to quite he will tell you not to and focus. Thats how success comes about. This is how I teach my students and push them to success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10531276].message }}

Trending Topics