by Jdnuay
39 replies
I need a good autoresponder set up, what is the best I can use for a fair price?
JD
#autoresponder
  • Profile picture of the author chibobski84
    hi there,

    As usual many people will recommend using Aweber and getresponse. Both of them has good reps.

    If it too much for you, you can also look at trafficwave or norabots.
    Signature

    Want a Mobile app for your website? Contact me! Price starts at a low $30

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1583087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author raj5
    hey, i would say aweber, but you can also try a new autoresponder which is called mailchimp, but not sure how good it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1583099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesTWL
    I strongly recommend Imnica Mail. It will be one of the top 5 autoresponder services in the near future.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1583206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesJeffery
    If you want tracking, then aweber and such like would be a great choice.

    I use The Bat and include tracking within the emails, so I'm still able to track. The software is very good, but tricky to set up and you need a dedicated server to run it from (unless you have a PC to stick it on and keep it running 24/7)
    Signature

    I'm just a regular guy doing my thing.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1583254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trafficwave
    There will be no shortage of folks jumping in to tell you "use this one" ... "use that one" ... followed by a variety of claims (mostly unsubstantiated).

    My advice: Do your research. (Real research ... not just reading ads).

    We are ALL partial to the companies we use and/or own so you're not going to really get a lot of "unbiased" advice. We each pick our options based on what we feel is in our best interests.

    One critical element you want to consider after you've decided on which features you want to have available and perhaps the pricing aspect is deliverability.

    In other words: Will your messages actually be delivered?

    There are a number of factors that affect deliverability. One aspect will, of course, be the content of your messages. Relevant, well-written, professional messages will always have a better shot at getting delivered than spammy, hyped-up guarantees of overnight billyunz of dollars.

    The role of your autoresponder service will be to ensure that their systems, policies and practices provide the infrastructure and framework to provide core deliverability.

    So .. how does one sort through the hype and find out which autoresponder services can provide the best deliverability?

    Register for a free account at senderscore.org (takes about a minute) where you can review 3rd party stats and info on all of the major autoresponder companies.

    My advice: Choose a company that has deliverability in the mid to high 90% range. This will help you know that your autoresponder service is taking an active role in maintaining best practices, critical relationships, etc... and doing their part to make sure your messages get through to your subscribers.

    You're about to make an important decision. Choosing the right autoresponder company is a critical step.
    Signature

    -----------------------------
    Brian Rooney
    TrafficWave.net Email Marketing AutoResponders
    Email Marketing Blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1583945].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ShaneBoyd
      Aweber is about the best out there I suppose. $20 a month. I think IContact is like $9 a month and they're not bad either.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1584108].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richelo Killian
      Originally Posted by trafficwave View Post

      There will be no shortage of folks jumping in to tell you "use this one" ... "use that one" ... followed by a variety of claims (mostly unsubstantiated).

      My advice: Do your research. (Real research ... not just reading ads).

      We are ALL partial to the companies we use and/or own so you're not going to really get a lot of "unbiased" advice. We each pick our options based on what we feel is in our best interests.

      One critical element you want to consider after you've decided on which features you want to have available and perhaps the pricing aspect is deliverability.

      In other words: Will your messages actually be delivered?

      There are a number of factors that affect deliverability. One aspect will, of course, be the content of your messages. Relevant, well-written, professional messages will always have a better shot at getting delivered than spammy, hyped-up guarantees of overnight billyunz of dollars.

      The role of your autoresponder service will be to ensure that their systems, policies and practices provide the infrastructure and framework to provide core deliverability.

      So .. how does one sort through the hype and find out which autoresponder services can provide the best deliverability?

      Register for a free account at senderscore.org (takes about a minute) where you can review 3rd party stats and info on all of the major autoresponder companies.

      My advice: Choose a company that has deliverability in the mid to high 90% range. This will help you know that your autoresponder service is taking an active role in maintaining best practices, critical relationships, etc... and doing their part to make sure your messages get through to your subscribers.

      You're about to make an important decision. Choosing the right autoresponder company is a critical step.
      Brian,

      I agree with you wholeheartedly, except for 1 point...

      SenderScore...

      Their results can be very misleading. They only report deliverability rates to companies using their FBL service.

      Microsoft for instance with HotMail, MSN and Live does NOT use SenderScore.

      ALSO with the SenderScore deliverability rate.... It takes into account hard bounces as not delivered, and, the score is a 30 day rolling average.

      SO ... If you have a new customer come in, and has a high number of hard bounces on the 1st mailing to any of the SenderScore FBL user networks, your score will drop dramatically for a month, but, then, pick up again.

      So, they're a good initial indicator, but, can't be solely relied upon for 100% accurate measurement though.
      Signature

      Kind Regards
      Richelo Killian
      Imnica Mail - Email Marketing Service - Tired of being ripped off by your AutoResponder?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1590151].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AffiliateKungfu
        The responder is really the heart and also main 'chakra' of any online business.

        It deserves much more attention and consideration than it is given. But unfortunately, it is also the most widely neglected by online marketers.

        Ideally, this 'organ' should be standalone, robust and 'top of the line' in nature considering that without it, the online business might as well not exist.

        Any good recommendations from 'black belt' warriors?
        Signature
        Without my favourite and only sig , my youth may just wither away unnoticed! And it makes me very sad.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1590733].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dmason
          Suggest that you check out Traffic Swarm....not expensive with unlimited responders.
          Dmason
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1590799].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AffiliateKungfu
            I am referring more to a separate stand-alone application such as Mailloop.

            Does anyone know of any other besides Mailloop?
            Signature
            Without my favourite and only sig , my youth may just wither away unnoticed! And it makes me very sad.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1591191].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author trafficwave
        Originally Posted by Richelo Killian View Post

        Brian,

        I agree with you wholeheartedly, except for 1 point...

        SenderScore...

        Their results can be very misleading. They only report deliverability rates to companies using their FBL service.

        Microsoft for instance with HotMail, MSN and Live does NOT use SenderScore.

        ALSO with the SenderScore deliverability rate.... It takes into account hard bounces as not delivered, and, the score is a 30 day rolling average.

        SO ... If you have a new customer come in, and has a high number of hard bounces on the 1st mailing to any of the SenderScore FBL user networks, your score will drop dramatically for a month, but, then, pick up again.

        So, they're a good initial indicator, but, can't be solely relied upon for 100% accurate measurement though.
        They are pretty clear that their results only take in to account the email that they monitor within their network.

        I'm not aware of any rating/monitoring service that can be solely relied upon for 100% accurate measurement.

        I just give it as a good place to start performing some due diligence. We see our overall scores changes from day to day.

        The focus, IMO, should be on the overall delivery rating which is an indicator of how many messages are actually getting through.

        If anyone knows of other monitoring service, please so post them. I'm a big fan of getting all the available information on things like this.

        Once people can find out the truth for themselves, they start making decisions that can actually help their business ... and that's a good thing for all of us.
        Signature

        -----------------------------
        Brian Rooney
        TrafficWave.net Email Marketing AutoResponders
        Email Marketing Blog

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1592198].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cybergod
          I would suggest aweber, it is being widely used by all. It works perfectly.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1592486].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Gary_The_Ace
          Originally Posted by trafficwave View Post

          They are pretty clear that their results only take in to account the email that they monitor within their network.

          I'm not aware of any rating/monitoring service that can be solely relied upon for 100% accurate measurement.

          I just give it as a good place to start performing some due diligence. We see our overall scores changes from day to day.

          The focus, IMO, should be on the overall delivery rating which is an indicator of how many messages are actually getting through.

          If anyone knows of other monitoring service, please so post them. I'm a big fan of getting all the available information on things like this.

          Once people can find out the truth for themselves, they start making decisions that can actually help their business ... and that's a good thing for all of us.
          Hey Brian,

          We run our own service privately, and have about 250 emails on file that we test with... if you're not up for doing the same, you may want to check out DeliveryMonitor.com (you'll recognize the owner)

          -Gary
          Signature
          If you have an automated webinar in the IM, biz opp, or make money space, and if it already converts to cold, and/or paid traffic... I want to send free traffic, and free leads to you registration page, every single day, until it stops converting. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS NOW.

          P.P.S. Viral Marketing Doesn't Work ... Tell Everyone You Know! ;)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3273628].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author trafficwave
            Originally Posted by Gary_The_Ace View Post

            Hey Brian,

            We run our own service privately, and have about 250 emails on file that we test with... if you're not up for doing the same, you may want to check out DeliveryMonitor.com (you'll recognize the owner)

            -Gary
            I must be missing something. Why would I use a competitor to test deliverability? That's kind of like hiring the fox to guard the hen house.

            8-)

            We also run a number of internal test email addresses.
            Signature

            -----------------------------
            Brian Rooney
            TrafficWave.net Email Marketing AutoResponders
            Email Marketing Blog

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3274196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lpdesigner
    I'm using Aweber at the moment and it's awesome. Have also tried iContact in the past but didn't like it that much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1584150].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AffiliateKungfu
      Anyone using Mailloop?

      Heard it's the Ultimate responder in existence!
      Signature
      Without my favourite and only sig , my youth may just wither away unnoticed! And it makes me very sad.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588353].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warrior4life
    I am using monster response from Ewen Chia. It's working wonders for me and it also has the adtracking component and other features. Never had any problem with them since I am using their services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author russblanc
    I recommend Aweber. Works well for me and tracks well too
    Signature

    Affordable Bluehost Web Hosting | Affordable Hostgator Web Hosting

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1588612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AllanJames
    Originally Posted by Jdnuay View Post

    I need a good autoresponder set up, what is the best I can use for a fair price?
    JD
    Jdnuay, you may find a recent post on my blog helpful in that it provides another point of view from the conventional accepted wisdom.

    What's important when deciding on the online tools you have to have? | www.StartBusinessMentor.com

    There are a number of factors, of varying importance, you need to factor in before putting any cash down, and deliverability, while important, is often overvalued due to some very good marketing on the part of 'the big two'

    The post explains how to weigh in all the factors. Also there's a cost comparison in another post there
    Signature
    50% Sales Conversions?? YES!, check my blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1592652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roxstar
    Personally, it's down to two options for me:

    Aweber or MailChimp.

    They're both inexpensive (Mailchimp is free for the first 500 subscribers), and Aweber is only $19/month with a $1 trial. They're both pretty powerful, and have everything you need. Ahhh, I still remember my FreeAutoBot.com days... Good times.
    Signature
    Kris Roxas - Founder of Incredible Wind Media and Restless Events. Restless Events is the fastest-growing corporate launch events company in Canada. You can find me on Twitter and Facebook.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1592776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arfan
    I am using Aweber but I do find it a tad overpriced but overall it is good no problems yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1596011].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author firdaussani
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1602266].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Antonios
        Yes, the autoresponder is the heart of any online and offline business.

        And the problem with chosing one at the beginning or at any time in your online marketing efforts is that if you have to change AR providers you will lose over half your list. Since most AR's require double opt-ins even if you are transfering your own list from one AR to another.

        So, do some research before using an AR. Of course, like other members have expressed here, everyone has his/her own favorite AR. And there are several to chose from.

        Since most AR's offer free trials or are free, you can test and see which one suits your needs or wants.

        At present, I am using 12secondcommute since it is more than autoresponder system it is a complete online marketing program.

        I have used ListWire (always free) and other AR's.

        Free AR's have the disadvantage that you have to accept their ads in your emails.

        Compare and see.

        Sincerely,

        Antonios
        Signature
        Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
        Click the link below now to start today:
        http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3269703].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Gary_The_Ace
          Originally Posted by Antonios View Post


          I have used ListWire (always free) and other AR's.

          Free AR's have the disadvantage that you have to accept their ads in your emails.

          Compare and see.

          Sincerely,

          Antonios
          ListWire doesn't have this requirement... we have a ListWire link, but many paid services are including a link back to their service as well. Icontact and InfusionSoft just to name a few.
          Signature
          If you have an automated webinar in the IM, biz opp, or make money space, and if it already converts to cold, and/or paid traffic... I want to send free traffic, and free leads to you registration page, every single day, until it stops converting. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS NOW.

          P.P.S. Viral Marketing Doesn't Work ... Tell Everyone You Know! ;)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3273632].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Antonios
            ListWire has offers after the confirmation process. Prospects have to look for the "No thanks" link at the bottom of the page.

            And this is not optional, I have asked.

            Sincerely,

            Antonios
            Signature
            Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
            Click the link below now to start today:
            http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3277840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AllanJames
        Originally Posted by firdaussani View Post

        Aweber and getresponse, convenient and better performance!!

        Hmm... I've heard this said many times, but is it true? This forum post challenges it on several levels
        http://www.warriorforum.com/website-...ml#post3270755
        Signature
        50% Sales Conversions?? YES!, check my blog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270964].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AllanJames
      Originally Posted by Arfan View Post

      I am using Aweber but I do find it a tad overpriced but overall it is good no problems yet.
      Love that expression

      I'm a county boy from Southern New Zealand and we put it differently - Aweber is hellish overpriced compared with other options - particularly as your list grows into large numbers. And we all are intending to grow our lists aren't we.

      Here's a post I did a while back that gives the price comparisons. The $ numbers may have moved a bit but the comparisons still remain valid.
      Autoresponder Cost Comparisons | www.StartBusinessMentor.com

      TrafficWave is still $17.95 for all sizes of lists and 12SC is $14 a month for all list sizes and, as well as the autoresponder, includes ad tracking and cloaking, capture page builders and the ICAN set and forget advertising service etc etc.
      Signature
      50% Sales Conversions?? YES!, check my blog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5037054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author K_tir
    Aweber is the best.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Imnica Mail - Award Winning Email Marketing Service $9.00 for up to 5k leads. Fast response, same delivery as aWeber and GR.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3270796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author healthiersexier
    How can we integrate list wire in optin or squeeze page?

    is it applicable?

    Thanks... how?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3291411].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Antonios
      Originally Posted by healthiersexier View Post

      How can we integrate list wire in optin or squeeze page?

      is it applicable?

      Thanks... how?
      It's as easy as any other regular AR.

      You build the form and get the code.

      You can go to their forum and get easy to follow details.

      It's always free and unlimited.

      Sincerely,

      Antonios
      Signature
      Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
      Click the link below now to start today:
      http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3295509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HiAbby
    ListWire is actually free and totally rocks. It can get you free subscribers are you use it too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3294595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BarberShop
    Consider this, if you get something other than Aweber, you will get less support from others because most use Aweber. You'd be getting no help if you join Minelszik List for example.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3296176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Antonios
      I am using TrafficWave at present since it is part of a generic business and list builidng program I joined.

      I understand that other AR's offer affiliate income opportunities. You earn on your personal direct referrals. You can refer even if you don't own the software.

      TW has a network system where you can earn on several levels deep. You have to be a TW user to participate in this income opportunity. I understand that TW is the only AR to offer this opportunity.

      All the AR's mentioned here are web based. You don't have to upload them to your hosting server.

      Their one time payment AR's that you upload to your hosting server. You have almost complete control with it. But if you have hosting problems you can lose all your listing work. I once lost mine. Never again to use this kind of AR.

      Since marketers build different lists depending on their offers you could try a different AR for each set of list building system. The problem is the jumping around login to each system.

      Sincerely,

      Antonios



      :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
      Signature
      Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
      Click the link below now to start today:
      http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5036809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Antonios


        There are several Team Building groups popping all over the net promoting TrafficWave.

        They are taking advantage of TW's networking income opportunity.

        It's like the happenings with GDI.

        Since you can only have one TW account, you have to decide which team to join if you are already a TW member, then no luck to join a team.

        The good thing is that you people have realized the importance of having an AR.

        It usually takes years for a newbie to understand the importance of this magical software, even for offline businesses.

        I have had local merchants refuse the use of an AR with their websites. They excuse it by saying that at this time they don't need it.

        I even met an advertising website owner that didn't see this importance.

        Sincerely,


        Antonios
        Signature
        Want to build your list...but have no money, website or technical skills? Learn to build your list with ease and virtually at zero cost! Free report.
        Click the link below now to start today:
        http://cash4yes.com/build-your-list-with-ease/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5036840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jccntry
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5046714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chicago87
    I am looking for a free auto-responder that won't spam my subscribers with their own ads, does such a place exist?
    Signature

    Nothing for sale. Just trying to learn and help.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5053546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gary_The_Ace
      Originally Posted by Chicago87 View Post

      I am looking for a free auto-responder that won't spam my subscribers with their own ads, does such a place exist?
      Yes, you should check out List Wire... I'm a bit biased though, as I am the owner.

      -Gary Ambrose
      List Wire
      Signature
      If you have an automated webinar in the IM, biz opp, or make money space, and if it already converts to cold, and/or paid traffic... I want to send free traffic, and free leads to you registration page, every single day, until it stops converting. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS NOW.

      P.P.S. Viral Marketing Doesn't Work ... Tell Everyone You Know! ;)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5060174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jerryl
    I use Aweber 20 bucks a month, easy to learn, lots of help, a very good service at a fair price, although the price goes up as your list grows, but if you can't make enough money to pay for it...what the heck do you have a list for?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5060319].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5061292].message }}

Trending Topics