For the last few days I have been doing a lot of reading and searching here and I am stuck in analysis paralysis between 2 payment solutions.
I am setting up a new membership site with Wordpress.
1) The first option is to use my merchant account with authorize.net and Amember. I already have a merchant account and authorize.net setup.
2) I just realized the beauty of RAP and instant affiliate payments. This sounds very appealing for affiliates and I am close to pulling the trigger to purchase RAP!
I understand the other benefits of RAP:
- no paying affiliates
- no tax forums for affiliates
- lower transaction fees
- lower monthly fees
- manages subscriptions just like amember
However, I have talked to a few friends with successful businesses in the IM niche and they say that RAP is for beginners. That eventually you will have to move back to a merchant account and full blown sales funnel.
One close friend that has been using RAP since the beta phase. He just switched to a merchant account. When I asked why he said a few things that threw me off:
- nearly every offer in the RAP world is still $27, $37 home made, low grade, junk products
- if you put a product on RAP, the system itself (the platform) KICKS ASS...but that you're in the mix with the other RAP products / RAP merchants Which is a branding issue.
- good for entry level / smaller sales etc... but it's a far cry from a real merchant account... if you're doing that volume ($10k+ per month)... then you have no business to be on RAP or CB
I'm hoping someone can address these comments and explain why so many marketers recommend a merchant account over RAP / Paypal?
Thanks in advance!