Mentoring/Coaching suggestions?

31 replies
I've been in this Im thing for the past 4 years, like many people I've been treating this as a hobby, an expensive one.

Yes, I've suffered information overload and obviously lack of focus, I have tons of ebooks, videos and tools. I can be entertained quite a bit of time if I follow them all.

Now I think it is enough and it's the time to threat this IM thing as a business instead of a hobby.

Now I know that I need a mentor, a 1-on-1 coaching program.

Does anyone know of a good and affordable mentoring 1-on-1 coaching program? Any recommendations?
#mentoring or coaching #suggestions
  • Profile picture of the author David Jackson
    Originally Posted by kenomen View Post

    Does anyone know of a good and affordable mentoring 1-on-1 coaching program? Any recommendations?
    I don't know what you mean by affordable, but the following are all outstanding, reputable Internet Marketing mentors/coaches:

    Marketing Mentors (Illise Benum - Peleg Top)
    http://marketing-mentor.com
    http://marketing-mentor.com/html/testimonials.html
    Online since: 2004

    Masterful Marketing (Debra Murphy)
    http://masterful-marketing.com
    http://masterful-marketing.com/testimonials/
    Online since: 2007

    Mentoring With Denise (Denise Michaels)
    http://www.mentoringwithdenise.com
    http://www.mentoringwithdenise.com/testimonials.htm
    Online since: 2007

    David Jackson
    Signature

    Powerful, Free Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your Business!
    http://www.free-marketing-tips-blog.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2569999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sowerby
    Hi Kenomen,

    If you have been at this game for over 4 years, you should have all the knowledge you need. You just need to put it in the correct order.

    You need a plan of action on what you want and how you are going to achieve it. Supply and demand. Find a solution to a problem.

    If you check out the IM report card it will give you an honest review of potential mentors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2570009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      What is your niche or area of expertise?
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2570164].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenomen
        Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post

        I don't know what you mean by affordable, but the following are all outstanding, reputable Internet Marketing mentors/coaches:

        Marketing Mentors (Illise Benum - Peleg Top)
        http://marketing-mentor.com
        http://marketing-mentor.com/html/testimonials.html
        Online since: 2004

        Masterful Marketing (Debra Murphy)
        http://masterful-marketing.com
        http://masterful-marketing.com/testimonials/
        Online since: 2007

        Mentoring With Denise (Denise Michaels)
        http://www.mentoringwithdenise.com
        http://www.mentoringwithdenise.com/testimonials.htm
        Online since: 2007

        David Jackson
        Thank you David, will take a look at those mentors you mentioned.

        Originally Posted by sowerby View Post

        Hi Kenomen,

        If you have been at this game for over 4 years, you should have all the knowledge you need. You just need to put it in the correct order.

        You need a plan of action on what you want and how you are going to achieve it. Supply and demand. Find a solution to a problem.

        If you check out the IM report card it will give you an honest review of potential mentors.
        You are completely right, I have a lot of knowledge, I just need a plan and massive action, I just think a mentor will guide me the right way and help me to stay focused. I'm doing now a 1-on-1 coaching program on building Amazon sites and I realy liked how the guy is doing the coaching, it's really personalized and he replies all the questions pretty quickly. He also does not send new instructions until I complete the previous ones and send the results to him, so this forces me to take action.

        The problem is that this coaching is only 14 days and only about Amazon sites, I'm looking for something more advanced.

        Originally Posted by avenuegirl View Post

        What is your niche or area of expertise?
        Well, I've been focusing on building niche sites based on Wordpress in a variety of niches. But I really think that list building is the way to go. Building niche sites is having all your eggs in Google's basket, and we all know Google....
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2571812].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
          Originally Posted by kenomen View Post



          You are completely right, I have a lot of knowledge, I just need a plan and massive action, I just think a mentor will guide me the right way and help me to stay focused. I'm doing now a 1-on-1 coaching program on building Amazon sites and I realy liked how the guy is doing the coaching, it's really personalized and he replies all the questions pretty quickly. He also does not send new instructions until I complete the previous ones and send the results to him, so this forces me to take action.

          The problem is that this coaching is only 14 days and only about Amazon sites, I'm looking for something more advanced.
          Kenomen,

          Are you talking about me? Anyways, it's all about taking action! Whether it's Amazon or any other method, you've got to follow the steps all the way through.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2572074].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author kenomen
            Originally Posted by Michael Franklin View Post

            Kenomen,

            Are you talking about me? Anyways, it's all about taking action! Whether it's Amazon or any other method, you've got to follow the steps all the way through.
            Hi Michael, yes! I'm talking about you! ;-) I'm only a few days in your training but I'm liking so much the way you are doing the coaching that I'm already thinking in a 1-on-1 coaching for something more advanced when I finish your coaching.

            My plan is to practice your system building a few sites and then outsource all the process while I learn and implement advanced techniques such as list building, as I said before, I don't want all my eggs in Google's basket!

            At the moment, you have a happy customer here.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2572100].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
              Originally Posted by kenomen View Post

              Hi Michael, yes! I'm talking about you! ;-) I'm only a few days in your training but I'm liking so much the way you are doing the coaching that I'm already thinking in a 1-on-1 coaching for something more advanced when I finish your coaching.

              My plan is to practice your system building a few sites and then outsource all the process while I learn and implement advanced techniques such as list building, as I said before, I don't want all my eggs in Google's basket!

              At the moment, you have a happy customer here.
              Thanks Kenomen!

              You'll find lots of great coaches on here for all sorts of areas...."Search" is definitely your friend on here.

              Also, if there's a member on here whose insights and contributions you really admire and you think they would be a great coach, PM them. Even if they're not offering coaching, you will be amazed with what insights that they have to offer you.

              I'll see you back on the coaching side! Don't forget to do your homework!
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2572237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Landis
    Give me your AIM ID, ill gladly help..for the low price of zero.
    Signature

    buying bulk warm seo leads (PM me)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2571861].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenomen
      Originally Posted by carpetmuncher View Post

      Give me your AIM ID, ill gladly help..for the low price of zero.
      Thank you, but I don't have AIM.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2571888].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lioncirth
        Originally Posted by kenomen View Post

        Thank you, but I don't have AIM.
        If someone is offering you their help for free, wouldnt it be worth getting AIM?

        Most people know what to do and how to do it, the thing that stops most is actually doing it
        Signature

        Skype: lioncirth

        www.OutsourceUniqueContent.com <------ Coming Soon!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warriorkay
    I agree that if you have been at this for
    this long then you should already know
    enough to get started on making money.
    I think the biggest problem we (and you)
    all have is NOT TAKING ACTION. So,
    even if you do get a coach, it will be
    to propel you to really start taking
    action.

    I can't remember where I read it
    but I once read that if we really take
    action on what we KNOW, we will all
    be amazed at the RESULTS.

    So, TAKING ACTION is what's missing
    for most of us, more than just needing
    a coach.

    Kingsley
    Signature
    Kingged.com Coaching and Partnership Program
    Is The ONLY Coaching Program That Does 99% Of The Work
    TO MAKE MONEY FOR STUDENTS FROM 1ST DAY
    So they EARN while they LEARN

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2571965].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marksv
      Originally Posted by warriorkay View Post

      I agree that if you have been at this for
      this long then you should already know
      enough to get started on making money.
      I think the biggest problem we (and you)
      all have is NOT TAKING ACTION. So,
      even if you do get a coach, it will be
      to propel you to really start taking
      action.

      I can't remember where I read it
      but I once read that if we really take
      action on what we KNOW, we will all
      be amazed at the RESULTS.

      So, TAKING ACTION is what's missing
      for most of us, more than just needing
      a coach.

      Kingsley
      I completely agree!

      All of us who are saying, "Nothing is working, I'm not getting any results" are usually the ones that have all the knowledge, read all the books, and yet have never taken the ACTION necessary for success...

      A coaching program is great to really clarify the steps to success though, so as long as you follow it up with action, it should propel you onward to success...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573419].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Question...what do you call coaching and what do you call affordable?

        Let me answer the first part of that question for you.

        To me, coaching/mentoring, whatever you want to call it, is NOT sending
        somebody to a membership site with videos and ebooks or giving them a
        bunch of stuff to read. Sure, that can be part of it.

        But to me, coaching is answering questions that the student has one on one
        whether it be through email, skype, phone or whatever.

        It's looking over the student's work and critiquing it.

        It's doing what needs to be done to give the student the proper instruction
        needed to complete whatever it is the student wants to learn and
        succeed with.

        As for the affordable part, I can't answer that. I'm cheap, relatively
        speaking, but I'm not cheap.

        Besides, you don't want to have to deal with me anyway because few
        people can handle my rigorous training. In fact, I turn down more people,
        just from their applications, than I accept.

        I only work with people who I feel have the drive to succeed.

        Sadly, I don't find a lot of them.

        Anyway, in looking for a coach/mentor, you want to THOROUGHLY
        research them first online. Be wary of people who say, "I'll help you for
        free" unless they have a proven track record.

        You usually get what you pay for.

        Yes, some people here, like Andy Henry, are incredibly generous with
        their time, but they are few and far in between...at least the ones who
        can REALLY do you any good.

        I'm being blunt as hell with you here. You can get TOTALLY burned by
        some of these people who CLAIM to be coaches.

        Do your research. Make sure they're the real deal.

        And most likely, if they are, they're not affordable.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573444].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kenomen
          Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

          Question...what do you call coaching and what do you call affordable?

          Let me answer the first part of that question for you.

          To me, coaching/mentoring, whatever you want to call it, is NOT sending
          somebody to a membership site with videos and ebooks or giving them a
          bunch of stuff to read. Sure, that can be part of it.

          But to me, coaching is answering questions that the student has one on one
          whether it be through email, skype, phone or whatever.

          It's looking over the student's work and critiquing it.

          It's doing what needs to be done to give the student the proper instruction
          needed to complete whatever it is the student wants to learn and
          succeed with.

          As for the affordable part, I can't answer that. I'm cheap, relatively
          speaking, but I'm not cheap.

          Besides, you don't want to have to deal with me anyway because few
          people can handle my rigorous training. In fact, I turn down more people,
          just from their applications, than I accept.

          I only work with people who I feel have the drive to succeed.

          Sadly, I don't find a lot of them.

          Anyway, in looking for a coach/mentor, you want to THOROUGHLY
          research them first online. Be wary of people who say, "I'll help you for
          free" unless they have a proven track record.

          You usually get what you pay for.

          Yes, some people here, like Andy Henry, are incredibly generous with
          their time, but they are few and far in between...at least the ones who
          can REALLY do you any good.

          I'm being blunt as hell with you here. You can get TOTALLY burned by
          some of these people who CLAIM to be coaches.

          Do your research. Make sure they're the real deal.

          And most likely, if they are, they're not affordable.
          Wise words, Steven, really appreciate it and completely agree.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573470].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ellen Violette
      Originally Posted by warriorkay View Post

      I agree that if you have been at this for
      this long then you should already know
      enough to get started on making money.
      I think the biggest problem we (and you)
      all have is NOT TAKING ACTION. So,
      even if you do get a coach, it will be
      to propel you to really start taking
      action.

      I can't remember where I read it
      but I once read that if we really take
      action on what we KNOW, we will all
      be amazed at the RESULTS.

      So, TAKING ACTION is what's missing
      for most of us, more than just needing
      a coach.

      Kingsley
      I don't think it's only about not taking action. When I got on the Internet I studied with a lot of the top marketers. The problem was each one taught one specific thing and I knew nothing about integrating it or creating a business. I was incredibly naive!

      I was a Grammy-nominated songwriter-didn't understand a thing about running a business. Luckily I was smart and starting putting the pieces together myself. But what I see with my coaching clients is not that they aren't taking action but that it's not all integrated into a cohesive whole around as what Rich Schefren calls a "Core Concept".

      And often times, they don't really know what they want to focus on because they never really thought about it, or they started using strategies that were incongruent with their passion and skills so they lost interest or didn't make any money.

      A good coach will help you make all the pieces work together in a systematic way, get rid of overwhelm and chaos and make you more money-like I did for Carey Peters. www.coachtoolstogo.com who went from $2k to $90k in 10 months or Jane Chin who already have a 6-figure business but was hating it until we overhauled it to fit her lifestyle and in the process made even more money.

      But choose wisely, I've had some terrible coaches when I first started who were a complete waste of money! So make sure it's a good fit for you.
      Signature
      Ellen Violette
      The eBook Coach
      www.theebookcoach.com
      Turn your message into money! I'll show you how to create, communicate, connect, and convert subscribers into lifetime buyers to build a 6- or 7- figure business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2613990].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bretski
        Ok dude....so you're doing this one coaching program right now learning how to build Amazon sites. AWESOME! Have you made much money with this? My suggestion would be to focus on that for a while, get it down so you can do it in your sleep and then branch off.

        Site flipping might be an avenue that would mesh well with the skills that you have already learned. You could build sites and then learn how to flip them. I'm not sure what the market is like right now for sites such as this but I know the prices were pretty pitiful in the beginning of the summer... but if you could get a system down where you have sites to put on the auction block on a weekly basis... Just an idea...

        Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything...
        Signature
        ***Affordable Quality Content Written For You!***
        Experience Content Writer - PM Bretski!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2614011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenomen
    Great Michael.

    Any suggestions for mentoring/one on one coaching warriors?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573403].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
      Originally Posted by kenomen View Post

      Great Michael.

      Any suggestions for mentoring/one on one coaching warriors?
      Hi Kenomen,

      I do believe that there are some current one on one coaches available in the WSO section. You might have to look through some older pages but just do a search within the wso section for "coach" or "coaching".

      Good Luck!

      P.S. Still waiting on your homework!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jmiezejeski
    I certainly agree with everyone else here. You can buy into all the coaching/mentor programs you want to, but if you don't take action on everything you learn and RIGHT AWAY, you will be lost forever. Also taking some action will do you no good unless you remain consistent, keep going and gain some momentum.

    I've been guilty so many times of starting and stopping action on several programs, that I could kick myself, but the shiny object syndrome got me all the time. The thing is that when you do pick a coaching/mentoring program, promise yourself that you will stick it out through and through. Make your best effort, no matter how hard it is to do what your coach/mentor tells you to do and you WILL make progress. Good Luck!!

    To your success,
    Juli
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenomen
    I think everyone is right here, the problem is that all of us know what we have to do (Action), but almost no one does what it says.

    If some newbie asked me how to succed, I would tell him:

    - Build a plan
    - Take action and follow your plan until you reach your goal
    - Focus, avoid forums and unsubscribe from all the lists you are in.
    (Warriorforum permitted, but only on spare time ;-))

    But here still I am, and I have yet to do my homework.

    Michael, I'm going to stick to your training, I'll have to follow my own advice ;-)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashley Wright
    Before finding a mentor what you have got to ask yourself is "Have you actually taken action?" I wrote a good post the other day called having a F.O.O.T problem which newbies don't which is Focus On One Thing. Then when it comes to affordable its more like what is your budget?

    Maybe if you change from treating like a hobby and more like a business you may start to reap the rewards?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2573955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Mayo
    Kenomen,

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have Mentors right.

    What you need is someone to help you construct a road map applying what
    you already know, Help you focus while limiting the mistakes so that you can
    actually move your business forward.

    PM me if you are interested and we will talk about it more to see if we are
    compatible. I've just had an opening come available. You can read more in
    my sig.

    Have a Great Day!
    Michael

    PS. I'm leaving at the moment so it may be later before I reply to your PM.
    I'm helping my Daughter move over the next few days so my online times
    are spotty.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2574076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mukul Verma
    My mentor is the search function on warrior forum, I learn a lot from it.

    I think it is a lack of plan here.

    Cheers
    Mukul

    PS - Stop pondering about it and starting doing it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2574641].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Klein
    kenomen, I sent you a PM. Please respond.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2611388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brendan301
    there's alot of good mentors on here. before you go searching for a mentor figure out what you want to do. If you want to go into product creation, find a mentor who specializes in that. If you want to do ppc, then you want to look up ppc coach. affiliate marketing find a specialist in that. that way your training will be for tightly focused around your desired skills and you'll make faster progress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2612179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenomen
    Thanks for all your comments Warriors.

    I already found a great coach, now I'm working hard!

    I don't agree with those that suggest that all the information is on this forum and that no coach is needed. If you just browse this forum looking for information on how to build a business online, you will get lost and going nowhere.

    There is nothing like a coach that teaches you the exact steps and that follows your progress and forces you to work hard daily towards your objective. The problem is that it is difficult to find a good one, and that he doesn't want to charge you 1000s of dollars.

    I'm only 1 week in this coaching program, and I think I've been lucky to find a good one.

    Kenomen
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2612211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author leebarclay
    I would like to offer a suggestion... I totally understand where you are because I have been there... What held me back was what I became to know as grasshopper disease... I hopped from 1 ebook strategy to another for years until I settled down... What really helped focus was my end of the year credit card statement... It broke my spending down into sections and when I saw the huge amount of money I had spent hopping for 1 program to another I realized I had a problem... The worse thing was when Wendy saw the statement and directly asked me what was my ROI for all the money I had "invested"... Well you can imagine my ebarrasment in saying ZERO...
    So I made a commitment to only spend money on Internet Marketing products services etc that I made online... This really focused me and stopped me from hopping around... I went to ebay made some cash and went for it...
    So as important as it is to have a mentor if you can not focus that will be even more money down the drain.
    Signature

    Lee "The List Builder" Barclay
    www.lee-barclay.com/squeezepageriches
    Learn The Power Of Squeeze Pages... FOR FREE
    BUILD YOUR List Faster Than Ever Before

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2612223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Shane Roe
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...-coaching.html

    Caleb is offering one person free coaching for 7 days. Might try him out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2613855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 2010MAVRIK
    According to me you must be having be having enough knowledge about this, 4yrs are not less. You just need to know how to make it a business if I am not wrong.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2702688].message }}

Trending Topics