The best Wordpress guide

15 replies
Hi folks,

In your opinion, what is the best wordpress guide available,
and I mean a guide that covers all the aspects, from the
installation until the tweaks and fixes to optimize a blog.

And I don´t care about the ¨make money with your blog aspect¨,
just the technical stuff to have a nice and clean wordpress blog.

Thanks
#guide #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author lefty359
    I used Shannon Harrod's Bog Success 2.0 to install my first Wordpress site.
    Matt Wolfe's WP Training is also good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2742853].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
      Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post

      I used Shannon Harrod's Bog Success 2.0 to install my first Wordpress site.
      Matt Wolfe's WP Training is also good.
      I did not find anything about Shannon Harrod, did you spell it
      correctly?

      Matt Wolfe training looks very professional. I will check his videos.

      Thanks for the info
      Signature

      Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2743130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    Leanne King has an ebook with raving reviews. Check in the WSO forum.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2743065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
      Originally Posted by Jesus Perez View Post

      Leanne King has an ebook with raving reviews. Check in the WSO forum.
      I just checked Leanne King´s WSO and according to the reviews
      it looks very complete, but i´m a little concerned that is out of
      date.

      Anyway, this looks like a valuable resource.
      Signature

      Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2743211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lefty359
    No, I did misspell it. It's Herod. Or SNS Marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2743292].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
      Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post

      No, I did misspell it. It's Herod. Or SNS Marketing.
      Oh yes, I know about Shannon Herod training,
      but i´m looking for something more in deep
      to the core of wordpress.

      Thanks
      Signature

      Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Piteo
    I offer a video crash course in WordPress. It's focused on helping you get a great looking site up as quickly as possible and do all of the basics, but since it's a crash course it doesn't get into working with the code.
    Signature
    Want to Create a Profitable Online Course?

    CrashCourseTraining.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2745454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
      Originally Posted by John Piteo View Post

      I offer a video crash course in WordPress. It's focused on helping you get a great looking site up as quickly as possible and do all of the basics, but since it's a crash course it doesn't getting into working with the code.
      Hi John,

      It looks like your video course covers the aspects
      in where I have my wordpress weakness.
      I am not new to WP, but it has been very hard to
      me the aspect of handling with video, images and
      optin forms.

      And it´s updated to WP 3.0. This is great because
      almost no one has an updated guide these days.

      Thank you
      Signature

      Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746335].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JRCarson
        Originally Posted by jerodrx View Post

        Hi John,

        It looks like your video course covers the aspects
        in where I have my wordpress weakness.
        I am not new to WP, but it has been very hard to
        me the aspect of handling with video, images and
        optin forms.

        And it´s updated to WP 3.0. This is great because
        almost no one has an updated guide these days.

        Thank you
        I think just taking a close look at plug-ins and trying some out would really help you.

        For instance, for Images- try the "Simple Image Widget" or something similar...
        Optin Form- Just copy and paste the html code into a text widget in the side bar, right?
        Video- there are multiple plug-ins to help you insert vids

        I could be way off base, but plugins baby. Someones always got a plugin for whatever you want.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746497].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
          Originally Posted by JRCarson View Post

          I think just taking a close look at plug-ins and trying some out would really help you.

          For instance, for Images- try the "Simple Image Widget" or something similar...
          Optin Form- Just copy and paste the html code into a text widget in the side bar, right?
          Video- there are multiple plug-ins to help you insert vids

          I could be way off base, but plugins baby. Someones always got a plugin for whatever you want.
          I don´t think you´re out of base. Plugins are something
          that I have overlooked, I have been trying to do some fixes and
          tweaking, but that can be fixed with pluggins.

          Thank you
          Signature

          Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imguru
    Wordpress itself isn't that hard to learn and isn't that much of a base. It's when you add all the plugins it's get interesting. And, since there are so many different plugins for everything from SEO to ad management, it's hard to find a good course that covert everything
    What's do you want to DO with wordpress? Create a sales page?, a video sqeeze page with social proof? a traditional blog? A news site?, 500 auto blogs?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
      Originally Posted by imguru View Post

      Wordpress itself isn't that hard to learn and isn't that much of a base. It's when you add all the plugins it's get interesting. And, since there are so many different plugins for everything from SEO to ad management, it's hard to find a good course that covert everything
      What's do you want to DO with wordpress? Create a sales page?, a video sqeeze page with social proof? a traditional blog? A news site?, 500 auto blogs?
      Hi imguru,

      My main plan for WP is to have a platform for affiliate
      marketing, with lots of original content and SEO
      optimized. And of course, i want to build a list with
      that blog (or blogs).
      Signature

      Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ashokpobox
    I have around 15 websites of which 10 sites are on Wordpress 3.0 and 5 sites are on Joomla 1.5. It takes time to understand any kind of Content Management System, you just have to keep on doing some R & D and take respective helps from official Documentations.

    I have learned to optimize, tweaks and fixes using there Official documentations
    Signature

    Welcome to Manzinetworks.com - Connecting People Globally ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746341].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jerodrx
      Originally Posted by ashokpobox View Post

      I have around 15 websites of which 10 sites are on Wordpress 3.0 and 5 sites are on Joomla 1.5. It takes time to understand any kind of Content Management System, you just have to keep on doing some R & D and take respective helps from official Documentations.

      I have learned to optimize, tweaks and fixes using there Official documentations
      Thanks for the suggestion, definitively i will check
      that info.
      Signature

      Receive an education on affiliate marketing now http://startaimbusiness.com/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2746409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author coleswood
    I found this site quite useful for plugins - Tips to improve the speed of your wordpress site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7506396].message }}

Trending Topics