Jack Humphrey's Blog Success -- Review?

37 replies
Last week Jack Humphrey launched his new membership site called Blog Success. Has anyone joined this? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
#blog #humphrey #jack #review #success
  • Profile picture of the author jon poland
    I have heard great things about Jack and his membership site Authority Site Center. From what I understand Jack is closing down Authority Site Center and transferring everyone over to BlogSuccess.com -- his new membership site at $97 a month.

    Blog Success is suppose to be bigger and better than Authority Site Center. If any of you are members of Authority Site or Blog Success I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    Thank you,

    Jon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[320944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 1nternetMarketer
    It is just an overpriced blogging course. Alex Sysoef at web20wealth.com gives an incredibly valuable blogging course. Here's what you do: get Alex's course first at web20wealth.com, then you will be glad that you didn't pay a monthly subscription for learning essentially the same thing.

    Or, you can pay for the overpriced blogging course for a few months, then get Alex's course and then regret BIG time that you had paid a monthly subscription for learning essentially the same thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[495900].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack Humphrey
      How do I send someone a turd instead of a beer? Has to be something you can send people who don't know what they're talking about.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1040030].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author la dominatrix
        Originally Posted by Jack Humphrey View Post

        How do I send someone a turd instead of a beer? Has to be something you can send people who don't know what they're talking about.

        Not exactly a convincing reply, Jack, if I was considering investing my money in your product, I may think twice about it after reading that reply.
        La dominiche
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1040039].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jamie Lewis
        Originally Posted by Jack Humphrey View Post

        How do I send someone a turd instead of a beer? Has to be something you can send people who don't know what they're talking about.
        LMAO! Special delivery.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1043002].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WontBeDenied
        Originally Posted by Jack Humphrey View Post

        How do I send someone a turd instead of a beer? Has to be something you can send people who don't know what they're talking about.
        I guess one never knows when something
        or someone will pop up.

        In order to provide a complete review, the
        reviewer has to have experienced both
        "products" or "services" personally and not
        through a 3rd party.

        Hey Jack!

        Won't Be Denied,
        CF-
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1043032].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author StephenSmithE
        Hi Jack,
        I'm looking @ Blog Success and believe it would give me what I need to succeed online. I'm just underwater @ the moment.

        I will be up and running 90 days max!

        Stephen
        Signature

        cyberbiz

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1641830].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex_Sysoef
      Originally Posted by 1nternetMarketer View Post

      It is just an overpriced blogging course. Alex Sysoef at web20wealth.com gives an incredibly valuable blogging course. Here's what you do: get Alex's course first at web20wealth.com, then you will be glad that you didn't pay a monthly subscription for learning essentially the same thing.

      Or, you can pay for the overpriced blogging course for a few months, then get Alex's course and then regret BIG time that you had paid a monthly subscription for learning essentially the same thing.
      While I appreciate the kind words I want to be sure to state one thing - Jack is one person responsible for me starting to blog and training he provides as well as tools included is beyond what I can offer.

      Plus my web20wealth course was never free and have been discontinued as of January 2009.

      Jack is the man! one I personally listen to and read and highly recommend!
      Signature
      The WordPress Spotter - blog that teaches you all you need to know about WordPress
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dlnunez
    I found it to be a bit overwhelming. There seemed to be a lot of great info available but I did't have the time to cover it in one month. I need to have something coming in from the system I'm working to cover a $97.00 monthly fee.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1060940].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hiram
    I just signed up for the $1 one-month trial. The membership fee is $39 per month thereafter according to the sign-up page. Not sure why everyone else is mentioning $97/mo.

    Have only logged in to the Member's Area and took a quick look around and boy, was I impressed. I'm not exactly a newbie having had and maintained an active blog for about 5 years.

    Will pass along more details on the course as I delve into it more but for now, there's so much stuff "glittering on the shelves" that I'm a little overwhelmed.

    Hiram
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1458918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg Jacobs
      My Cousin is a hobby photographer, semi computer literate (enough to be dangerous with photoshop)

      So I actually got hold of a subscription for him to Blog Success and he is quite pleased with the training and support involved...

      That being said, as other users mentioned, there is ALOT of material involved and really allows the beginner-> advanced to pace according to their needs

      ..just my 2 cents
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1459048].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maab
      Originally Posted by Hiram View Post

      I just signed up for the $1 one-month trial. The membership fee is $39 per month thereafter according to the sign-up page. Not sure why everyone else is mentioning $97/mo.

      Have only logged in to the Member's Area and took a quick look around and boy, was I impressed. I'm not exactly a newbie having had and maintained an active blog for about 5 years.

      Will pass along more details on the course as I delve into it more but for now, there's so much stuff "glittering on the shelves" that I'm a little overwhelmed.

      Hiram
      I was just checking this out on
      youtube and if you sign up under
      this guys link you will get it for
      $39 p/m instead of $97

      I've been looking for something like
      this for awhile, and this looks pretty
      good to me, so I'm seriously thinking
      of joining.

      Would like to hear from anyone else
      that's been a member for awhile.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1465806].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hiram
        OK, have been a member for a whopping 3 days now and have dug around some more. There is a lot of stuff geared towards "rank newbies" -- videos and guides on how to install WordPress, what a blog is, how to do keyword research, what a domain is, etc, etc. You know, the basics.

        However, there's also a lot of medium-to-advanced stuff as well including software tools designed to help you write relevant posts that bring in traffic, WordPress templates, and so on.

        In addition to the technical side, the program also coaches you on the "softer side" of running your blog as a business. This includes goal setting, the proper mindset, the right motivation, setting reasonable expectations, etc.

        I know a lot of people on this forum are way past that and if your sites are racking in the cash and you're reading this while you're sitting on the beach in Bermuda, then this program probably isn't for you. However, if you're like me and have a couple of sites, have tried Adsense and affiliate links and everything else but still can't seem to make more than pocket change, then this program might be worthwhile.

        The first month is only a buck and you can cancel at any time (I sound like a TV announcer). Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon period" but so far, I'm liking what I'm finding.

        Hiram
        Balance-Your-Health Home
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1471818].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Bcrewse1
          Hiram has said it best but beware if you are using a Vista 64 bit system. What I especially liked was the Utility Poster. Great piece of software but it does NOT run on Vista 64.

          Just a heads up.

          Barry
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1472465].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author maab
        Originally Posted by maab View Post

        I was just checking this out on
        youtube and if you sign up under
        this guys link you will get it for
        $39 p/m instead of $97

        I've been looking for something like
        this for awhile, and this looks pretty
        good to me, so I'm seriously thinking
        of joining.

        Would like to hear from anyone else
        that's been a member for awhile.

        Just wondering Hiram, where did you get 1 month
        trial from, because I just went to sign up and it's
        $1 for a 7 day trial and $67 thereafter.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brainworker
    I was a member of Jack's Content Desk (you probably never heard of it!) and Authority site center for few months... both were priced $197 per month then.

    There are lots of "stuffs" ... however, I could not justify paying $197 per month. (even 97 bucks) Really don't know anything about BlogSuccess

    ContentDesk.com upgraded to Authority site center
    Now Authority site center upgraded to BlogSuccess.com?
    Signature
    My nonstop rant!

    AricleWritingReviews.com Help me make this website more useful to everyone by participating.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1459597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MemberWing
    Jack knows his stuff, keep his hand on pulse and I liked the list of resources he shared (via his Authority Black book or other means). He is a man with actual face, not someone you never seen behind one page spammy salesletter.

    Having said that I don't know about his membership site, so cannot say. Regardless - he always have some sort of guarantee - so I guess it should be zero-to-low-risk proposition.

    Gleb
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473057].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jdean2009
      I was 'encouraged' to buy BlogSuccess by an IM guru that I have purchased stuff from previously...
      I didn't take the trial. I had a look at Utility Poster and decided it was going to be good so bought it. It is a good piece of kit if you are a regular WP blogger. Its like a mini search engine for blogs and you can drag content into your own blogs with auto-trackbacks. Makes the whole thing of quoting other material to flesh out posts much easier.

      Video Utility poster comes with it and I paid $77. (This is where someone points out a $37 WSO)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1473654].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Maximillion_Z
        I've been a member there for about 5 days. Brand new blog, and using his "Buzz" community - I'm generating about 20-50 visits per day from that alone.

        Not a massive amount I know - but there aren't many ways you can achieve that on a 2 week old blog (unless you use PPC).

        Because of an affiliate sale from one of the visitors, the first months payment is already covered.

        Not bad if you ask me - and I've been part of a lot of other different memberships and quit after the first month...

        You could quit within the 7 day trial and still get more out of it than most ebooks.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1474868].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bbcrn01
          I was going to sign up for the $1 7 day trial but in the fine print I saw that the monthly subscription will be $67 -- the TOS under exhibit A says it will be $39. I'm not sure what that is all about but I've emailed blogsuccess support asking for clarification. I'm not going to pay $67/mo when the TOS says $39/mo. I'll let you know what their answer is - if there is one.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1476102].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author brandonhall
            Hey there, Constance answered your email 30 minutes after you sent it. It was simply a mistake on our part not updating the terms page. We just raised the price to $67 for all the new features we have added in Blog Success 2.0. You literally joined in a 20 minute window when the terms page hadn't been updated. Good timing on your part!

            We have taken on a classroom format with hours of new video training, tons of new documentation and a brand new site layout. Jack has really poured his heart into it.

            Brandon Hall
            Partner, Blog Success
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1476806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by jon poland View Post

    Last week Jack Humphrey launched his new membership site called Blog Success. Has anyone joined this? And if so, what are your thoughts?

    Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    It's not new, it's been around for a while (a year or more?). I was a member of the Authority Site Center when it transitioned over to Blog Success. I'm going to try and be as fair as possible here. The content in there is solid and Jack makes it clear there are no free lunches. If you put in the work and follow what he teaches, your blog is going to succeed.

    My main issue with the site was the mediocre support. For those of you that have known me over the years I don't write that lightly. After having several support tickets ignored I simply gave up on the membership and decided to learn more about blogging elsewhere. Since then I have learned about blogging from others and have outsourced 95% of that operation. Maybe things have changed since then, but who knows.

    My bottom line to people that ask me about BlogSuccess is that I personally recommend them to go elsewhere.
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1477466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bittersweet68
      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      It's not new, it's been around for a while (a year or more?). I was a member of the Authority Site Center when it transitioned over to Blog Success. I'm going to try and be as fair as possible here. The content in there is solid and Jack makes it clear there are no free lunches. If you put in the work and follow what he teaches, your blog is going to succeed.

      My main issue with the site was the mediocre support. For those of you that have known me over the years I don't write that lightly. After having several support tickets ignored I simply gave up on the membership and decided to learn more about blogging elsewhere. Since then I have learned about blogging from others and have outsourced 95% of that operation. Maybe things have changed since then, but who knows.

      My bottom line to people that ask me about BlogSuccess is that I personally recommend them to go elsewhere.
      Just to clarify our support response time.

      It is super fast. We get back to our members inquiries within a few hours usually on the same day the latest. We actually provide hands on WordPress technical support. In other words, if you break your blog we fix it for you for free, no extra costs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1477884].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
        Originally Posted by bittersweet68 View Post

        Just to clarify our support response time.

        It is super fast. We get back to our members inquiries within a few hours usually on the same day the latest. We actually provide hands on WordPress technical support. In other words, if you break your blog we fix it for you for free, no extra costs.
        And to clarify, I was stating that that was not my experience over a period of more than 60 days. So if things have changed that's a good thing. But you guys have lost me as a customer as well as people in my sphere of influence. It was difficult getting questions answered thoroughly before I joined and after I joined. I only joined because of recommendations from the likes of Willie Crawford and others. I still learned a lot from the site but one thing I have little tolerance for is subpar support, which was my specific experience.

        RoD
        Signature
        "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
        - Jim Rohn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1478736].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Universal_Soul
        Originally Posted by bittersweet68 View Post

        Just to clarify our support response time.

        It is super fast. We get back to our members inquiries within a few hours usually on the same day the latest. We actually provide hands on WordPress technical support. In other words, if you break your blog we fix it for you for free, no extra costs.
        I'm sorry but that's not true.
        I'm waiting for about 4-5 days now and didn't even get a notification that I've sent anything so it's difficult to prove.

        My question was pretty much the same as asked here. How long is a trial period (I believe it's a week, but not sure now) and when is the next payment due. I never got nothing back. Aboslutely ZERO.

        I want to be a part of blog success because I think the content is just great, but in this case it's impossible. The response time is the worst I ever experienced.

        Best

        Jan
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1515705].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author maab
          Originally Posted by Universal_Soul View Post

          I'm sorry but that's not true.
          I'm waiting for about 4-5 days now and didn't even get a notification that I've sent anything so it's difficult to prove.

          My question was pretty much the same as asked here. How long is a trial period (I believe it's a week, but not sure now) and when is the next payment due. I never got nothing back. Aboslutely ZERO.

          I want to be a part of blog success because I think the content is just great, but in this case it's impossible. The response time is the worst I ever experienced.

          Best

          Jan
          When you sign up it distinctly says 7 day trial.

          I'm about to submit a support ticket as I checked
          out when I signed up for the trial which was according
          to their acc. conformation email it was 8 days ago.
          But I didn't get a receipt from them for the $1 trial. So far, as
          of posting this I haven't received anything from them
          to say the trial is up and the monthly payment begins.

          So I'm not sure whats going on there, but I'll submit
          a support ticket and wait and see.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1516500].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Yogini
            Yes, I also signed up for the 7 day trial and haven't received info that I have been billed . How is this accessed? I don't think it was a paypal subscription. It didn't say the amount per month but I did email support and was told it was 39 a month but now I'm not sure how to unsubscribe.

            Debbie
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1516613].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author maab
              Originally Posted by Yogini View Post

              Yes, I also signed up for the 7 day trial and haven't received info that I have been billed . How is this accessed? I don't think it was a paypal subscription. It didn't say the amount per month but I did email support and was told it was 39 a month but now I'm not sure how to unsubscribe.

              Debbie

              If you wish to cancel login, go to my account
              click on manage subscription and cancel
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1516787].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bittersweet68
    Hey Guys,

    Peter here, partner at Blog Success.

    Just to clarify a few things.

    Our membership training center have been around since 2005 under various names, but we have been always focusing on giving our members high value training under the guidance of Jack.

    Our present training center is located over at BlogSuccess.com - Learn How To Make Money Blogging Starting Today![/url] and this is the brand new 2.0 version we launched yesterday.

    We charge $67/month - all other previous monthly fees - $39, $97, $127, $197 - have been discontinued.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1477875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Universal_Soul
    Hi,

    There is one thing I can't find - for how long is the trial period?


    thanks

    JJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1477988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author billurell
    Hi,

    I have been a member for nearly 3 years. It literally re-directed my life. After spending thousands of $$$ on junk, I decided to take one more shot. I joined thinking it was a scam fully intending to get my money back...but it worked.

    It has unquestionably the best content on blogging on the net. It is not an auto blogger or anything like that but you will receive the best instruction going,

    My original intention was not to make money but to create authority and name recognition in my profession. Hey, lots of therapists in my field have more letters after their name but virtually none have the ability to extend a helping hand to over 500,000 unique visitors/year. That's a lot more than I can see in my office. Oh by the way...advertisers pay $2-20/click Adwords in my field. I have 100, s of google page 1 listings, do the math.

    The only critique I had was there was too much info there to keep up with, but with a new organizational structure and more videos, that problem should clear up.

    The forum is very active, about 6,000 posts in new forum and 10,000 archived in old forum and people super helpful.

    Creating an authority blog in a field you are passionate about is a very valid and sound business model. I was astounded when my blog hit a 'critical mass'. The original motto was 'post and rank' I now can easily post and be in page 1 at will using the authority I have built up. Overcoming Addiction, Growing In Addiction Recovery

    Oh...I did work very hard also.

    Bill U
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1486088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Universal_Soul
    Hi,
    To clarify - it might have been a bug in the system or something.

    After submiting another ticket reply came right to my email address within a few hours, quoting the message they've sent to me on 16th. So my bet is there is something wrong with the suporot system.


    Cheers

    Jan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1516606].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1516644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Universal_Soul
    Yes you can cancel of course but it doesn't change the fact that whole thing is a bit unclear and support system doesn't work that great. At least this is my experience.

    I wouldn't even bother to moan about it but I decided to stay there regardless. I think the content is fantastic and I'm learing a lot practical stuff..

    So pls guys - get these little things right and you'll be top of the top. Maybe just copy what some membership sites - like SEOMoz - have: very clear information about you balance, when it's due etc.


    Cheers

    JJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1522012].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rlaramli
    Hi Jack,

    Is the 1030 program the new version of blog success? I have just opened my mail and viewed the video about this new 1030 program and I noticed that the url is blogsuccess.

    Since there is an affiliate button, I followed it up and it is a Clickbank and believe it to be quite new.

    Anybody else has tried Jack's 1030 program. Would appreciate comments.

    Regards
    Ramli
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1895499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author newbeedave
    I have put in 2 post in the last two days. after I clicked on post quick reply I read over the post on the forum to see if I put it in right and it looks good. I ask some simple questions. the next day I check to see if my question are answered and i find my post are deleted
    WHY?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2290252].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Probably because you are posting comments in thread like this one - that are one or two years old.

      When you do that it bumps the thread to the top for no reason and it's not good forum manners.

      kay
      Signature
      Be the person your dog thinks you are.

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2290302].message }}

Trending Topics