Market Samurai Effectiveness

32 replies
Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying market samurai but before I have a few questions.

How much of a role did market samurai play on your internet marketing career?
Is it worth getting it or is there a program that is better?
How often do you use it and for what>


Thank you guys!
#effectiveness #market #samurai
  • Profile picture of the author thedog
    It's great, when it works... which is about 50% of the time for me.... but my internet connection is pretty bad... so that could have something to do with it.

    I'm actually using it right now... and, nope... hasn't worked... just have a blank screen.

    The ol shut down and restart I guess.

    I usually end up using the free methods.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3675728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Ive been using Market Samurai since its release, which was a while ago now.

    Its a fantastic tool, that has had a dramatic influence on my daily business operations.

    Having said that, it has been completely unreliable, almost to the point of total failure over the last 3 to 4 months. Infact, it rarely ever works as it should anymore.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3675735].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author max2daz
      what do you suggest as a better tool?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3675756].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kieran D
        Hi Max,

        Market Samurai is certainly a great tool. I've had it for quite some time now.

        It's certainly can be very unreliable at times though (I agree).

        A tool like this is a great time saver when doing research into a particular market (where you just want to eyeball it first).

        However, it all depends on what you intend to use it for? It should never be used in isolation (like all tools out there).

        It comes at a much higher cost than many other tools due to its "market reputation" alone. There are tools out there that do very similar things to Market Samurai (without all the bells and whistles).

        It's good (in my opinion) for:
        - Quickly eyeballing niches
        - Drilling down into niches when necessary
        - Keyword research, and
        - SEO Competition (analyzing the top 10 on google by pr, backlinks etc).

        It has some other features but I don't tend to use these and/or find them particularly useful.


        Another cheaper option to MS that comes without all the bells and whistles is Micro Niche Finder.

        Personally, I have never used it but some people actually prefer it over MS. I also know people that use both Market Samurai and Micro Niche Finder in conjunction (to cover all bases).


        The free version of Traffic Travis is still great too for analyzing a "keyword" in terms of the top 10 on google (what really matters at the end of the day).

        I'd like to know more on your intended use for the tool?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3680112].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author max2daz
          Originally Posted by Kieran Duffey View Post

          Hi Max,

          Market Samurai is certainly a great tool. I've had it for quite some time now.

          It's certainly can be very unreliable at times though (I agree).

          A tool like this is a great time saver when doing research into a particular market (where you just want to eyeball it first).

          However, it all depends on what you intend to use it for? It should never be used in isolation (like all tools out there).

          It comes at a much higher cost than many other tools due to its "market reputation" alone. There are tools out there that do very similar things to Market Samurai (without all the bells and whistles).

          It's good (in my opinion) for:
          - Quickly eyeballing niches
          - Drilling down into niches when necessary
          - Keyword research, and
          - SEO Competition (analyzing the top 10 on google by pr, backlinks etc).

          It has some other features but I don't tend to use these and/or find them particularly useful.


          Another cheaper option to MS that comes without all the bells and whistles is Micro Niche Finder.

          Personally, I have never used it but some people actually prefer it over MS. I also know people that use both Market Samurai and Micro Niche Finder in conjunction (to cover all bases).


          The free version of Traffic Travis is still great too for analyzing a "keyword" in terms of the top 10 on google (what really matters at the end of the day).

          I'd like to know more on your intended use for the tool?

          I would like to thank you for all the information you're giving me about MS. I was gonna buy it but I've heard so many bad stuff about it lately, I don't think it would be the right decision.

          I would like a tool who can give me the necessary informations about what I want to do. I'm currently bulding a website it's actually a store, and I'm having problems even ranking it. I'm very new and I would love for someone to teach me the ways. I don't know how to do keyword research and I want tutorials from peoples who are using a program that is helping them rank up. After, I will go into affiliate marketing which I've done before but had little success!

          Anyways, if you can share with me what works for you guys, It would point me in the right direction
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3680888].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RichardHK
      Originally Posted by ramone_johnny View Post

      Ive been using Market Samurai since its release, which was a while ago now.
      Its a fantastic tool, that has had a dramatic influence on my daily business operations.
      Having said that, it has been completely unreliable, almost to the point of total failure over the last 3 to 4 months. Infact, it rarely ever works as it should anymore.
      +1 on Johnny's comment. I have used MS for over a year and came to rely on it for most work - until the last few months. Currently not working at all - and Micro Niche Finder is also not working! My WebCEO continues to work fine which leads me to think it's a programming skills problem for MS/MNF (?).

      Fingers crossed hard that MS will pull through. Miss it dearly.
      Signature

      Richard, Hong Kong
      Business Consulting

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3680284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialbookmark
    MS doesn't work good now and sociabot works better IMO. None of them are perfect but socialbot is much cheaper. However it seems that socialbot doesn't release updates more. I was waiting for version 5 of socialbot but they are still in V4.3. I suggest you manual submission.
    Signature

    I love warriorforum.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3680926].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sentient
      Originally Posted by socialbookmark View Post

      MS doesn't work good now and sociabot works better IMO. None of them are perfect but socialbot is much cheaper. However it seems that socialbot doesn't release updates more. I was waiting for version 5 of socialbot but they are still in V4.3. I suggest you manual submission.
      Really not sure why you are comparing MS and Socialbot. They are completely unrelated pieces of software.

      MS is for keyword research.

      Socialbot is for submitting sites to social bookmarking sites.

      Very strange.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3681223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Reed
    I wanted MS for a long time, finally bought it, almost immediately it went on strike because of the Google changes.......... I certainly feel that I lucked out, and can't even count on Micro Niche Finder now either.
    I hope very much that both sets of Coders can achieve viable corrections - SOON!
    John
    Signature

    Ex Army Major hates Hype!!
    http://www.major-reviews.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clint Butler
    I use SECockPit, there is a monthly fee, but since they get their data from SEMoz I can understand since a membership for the data you get from SECockPit is 2 grand at SEMoz. I purchased the semi-annual First Class plan, saved about 200 bucks rather than paying the monthly fee.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682836].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dougger1
      i have used Market Samurai almost since its beginning. It has had problems recently - apparently due to changes made by Google. However, IMHO it remains a very powerful tool, especially the Competition Module and Rank Checker Module. The Competition Module is totally awesome. One look pretty much tells you whether or not you will be able to effectively compete for a spot on Google's first page for your keyword.
      Signature
      Get more logins with a high converting custom report - just $50 for 10-12 pages. Custom articles and posts = $10 for 500 words.
      email: dfhanna@gmail.com
      Skype: doug_hanna
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682896].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bitriot
        I have not been able to get any data to load in the SEO competition module today. Total bummer.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3687949].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sentient
          Originally Posted by bitriot View Post

          I have not been able to get any data to load in the SEO competition module today. Total bummer.
          Me neither. Rank Tracker isn't working.

          You would think that they would check that their updates work before wildly releasing them.

          I really don't know what has gone wrong with the MS Team - they've gone from being absolutely fantastic to dreadful.

          One or two issues in relation to Google updates etc would be understandable, but there are no excuses for the complete shambles MS has become.

          I submitted a support ticket with debugging information, but given recent lack of support response I'm not holding out much hope.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3688012].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author thedog
            Originally Posted by sentient View Post

            Me neither. Rank Tracker isn't working.

            You would think that they would check that their updates work before wildly releasing them.

            I really don't know what has gone wrong with the MS Team - they've gone from being absolutely fantastic to dreadful.

            One or two issues in relation to Google updates etc would be understandable, but there are no excuses for the complete shambles MS has become.

            I submitted a support ticket with debugging information, but given recent lack of support response I'm not holding out much hope.
            Agree, I sent a ticket a couple of days ago, with a bug report, and got no reply.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3689692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnJD
      Originally Posted by Clint Butler View Post

      I use SECockPit, there is a monthly fee, but since they get their data from SEMoz I can understand since a membership for the data you get from SECockPit is 2 grand at SEMoz. I purchased the semi-annual First Class plan, saved about 200 bucks rather than paying the monthly fee.
      Hi Clint, how do you manage to use Seocockpit if it hasn't been released? Maybe I'm missing something...:confused:

      I'm also confused about what tool should I get for keyword research. I'm trying to decide between MS, or "Niche Finder" by Brad..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3695670].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeremy Kelsall
        Originally Posted by JohnJD View Post

        Hi Clint, how do you manage to use Seocockpit if it hasn't been released? Maybe I'm missing something...:confused:

        I'm also confused about what tool should I get for keyword research. I'm trying to decide between MS, or "Niche Finder" by Brad..
        You can buy seocockpit by invitation...private webinars.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3699643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Daniels
    MS is great as you can set a pre-saved filter once you know what you are looking for and blast out some initial research into a niche...

    ...I do however manually check any words I think are good as well as I have been caught by a couple of dodgy results in the past
    Signature

    Seasoned Sales Professional since 1999 sharing my knowledge online. Check out my phone closers cheat sheet.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3682882].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Maybe keep up with the blog? New developments: Noble Samurai
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3688305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sentient
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Maybe keep up with the blog? New developments: Noble Samurai
      Unfortunately the blog doesn't tell the full story i.e. that some updates are actually making existing features stop working.

      I think the fact that the forum was taken down a few months ago and not replaced (despite them pretending that it was because they were going to launch a new improved version) speaks volumes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3690517].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thedog
        Originally Posted by sentient View Post

        Unfortunately the blog doesn't tell the full story i.e. that some updates are actually making existing features stop working.

        I think the fact that the forum was taken down a few months ago and not replaced (despite them pretending that it was because they were going to launch a new improved version) speaks volumes.
        Very strange way to do business... I'm surprised a MS dude or dudet hasn't jumped in on this post yet, they usually do.

        They're have/had marked dominance and are willing to mess that up, by not being straight with their customers, or even answering their tickets... have they skipped town or something?

        And updates have stopped features working... that's pretty shocking. All I know is, the very basic info I should be getting from MS, such as keyword research, doesn't work anymore.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3690633].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sentient
          Originally Posted by thedog View Post

          Very strange way to do business... I'm surprised a MS dude or dudet hasn't jumped in on this post yet, they usually do.

          They're have/had marked dominance and are willing to mess that up, by not being straight with their customers, or even answering their tickets... have they skipped town or something?

          And updates have stopped features working... that's pretty shocking. All I know is, the very basic info I should be getting from MS, such as keyword research, doesn't work anymore.
          To be fair to MS on this occasion, they have replied to my support ticket and explained that they have had server problems again.

          I have tried both the rank tracker and the competition analysis and they are both now working. Not perfectly, because the competition analysis keeps hanging at 98% complete, but at least it's something.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3693425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Texjd
    All of the keyword tools are having problems due to Google changes. And I would bet that Google couldn't care less at best, and may even be tired of these tools hammering their servers.

    I've got three or four keyword tools that are top of the line and all are gathering dust right now due to functionality.

    Manual methods are slow but they do work . I'd wait on any pruchase until this shakes out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3699051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lukemeister
    I still use it every day, even up to today, in spite of the recent issues. Yeah it's a little glitchy every now and then but they're basically trying to keep up with Google's changes, which others have mentioned. I just make sure to download and update with every new version, and it works well. I also make sure to report any bugs directly to their support, so they can identify and resolve issues more easily.

    I still have never found a better way to do keyword research more efficiently - at least in the way that I approach it. Even in it's somewhat buggy state, it still gives me enough info to make decisions on niches and keywords, and saves me a lot of time compared to doing the same without MS.

    I guess I've never really had an issue with MS being a little slow, as it can be sometimes, maybe because I come from a developer background and I understand the crazy amounts of data it's trying to mine and deal with under the hood. But that's just me. I have a gut feeling that they're basically just trying to keep up with the resource and server demands of their users at the moment, since it's very popular and heavily used by many.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    They've updated it twice to .50 in the last two days. Works much better now. There's more coming so I'm told in terms of new stuff and fixes. Course, they don't tell what....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3707554].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author boomerang6
      I've used MS and MNF for a while and do have some problems. Just got Brad Callens Niche Finder and so far it looks good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author guest
    I've got micro niche finder - and market samurai.

    To be honest mate -- the way the both work, just adds time to finding your new keyword niches.

    Best thing to do... use google keywords tool

    And firefox with seoquake installed - this shows you the top 10 pages pagerank, backlinks etc.

    It's free -- and its just as good as any tool you can buy. IF you are willing to do a little more work - by taking notes on the results, instead of using an app to store them for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3712368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simonbuzz
    Banned
    only buy market samurai if you have a high speed net..otherwise it won't work...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EliteWealth
    I see that no one has mentioned the Free program Traffic Travis. It's a pretty good alternative.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3714836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebuyer123
    What about the latest "Niche Finder" software from Brad C? MS vs MNF vs NF, what do you preder? Thanks.


    UPDATE: I have found the answer here: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ml#post3548739
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3715395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dean Jackson
    MS has been driving me up the wall lately - and as others stated, the blog comments and forums turned off. Not sure what to make of it, although it is fishy.

    The keyword research module is very buggy for me - it used to work just fine but it's been messed up for about a week now. Is it just me or is anyone else having similar issues?

    Dean
    Signature
    NEW: CRAZIEST Copywriting offer ever offered on WF
    My top student WILL make your sales go BANANAS!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3825090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedog
      Originally Posted by Dean Jackson View Post

      MS has been driving me up the wall lately - and as others stated, the blog comments and forums turned off. Not sure what to make of it, although it is fishy.

      The keyword research module is very buggy for me - it used to work just fine but it's been messed up for about a week now. Is it just me or is anyone else having similar issues?

      Dean
      Hasn't worked right in a long time for me... keyword research is missing SEOC, AWCPC, AWV and SEOV.

      SEO competition model only shows backlinks half the time...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3826747].message }}

Trending Topics