13 replies
Here is a review of Frank Kern's book and my biggest takeaway from it (100% content, nothing for sale).

#book #frank kern
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    Some great points Tim, (I just ordered the book as well) and I'd just add you have a smooth on-camera delivery. Perfect setting - cigar lounge!
    Very nice production.
    _____
    Bruce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3700406].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TimCastleman
      Originally Posted by brucerby View Post

      Some great points Tim, (I just ordered the book as well) and I'd just add you have a smooth on-camera delivery. Perfect setting - cigar lounge!
      Very nice production.
      _____
      Bruce
      Bruce -

      It's the screenshot kinda funny? Funny how YouTube picked that one for me.

      Crazy and glad the review was helpful.

      The cigar lounge is my office but it's a good time for sure
      Tim
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3700670].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jason Fladlien
        I got the book as well. I think the marketing campaign for it was brilliant, great reason why marketing.

        As for the book itself, there was a lot of good stuff in it - most it I had already read, or heard Frank tell as I already own a ton of his stuff.

        I thought it was be more current. Most of the stuff he wrote about was a few years old, some of it was 5 years old or more. And even though it was a "book" you could tell it was really compiled mostly from various sources - as sometimes he says "newsletter" and other words.

        I think they rushed it a bit and just threw a lot of stuff together to come up with a nice marketing angle... and most it is material I had read from him before... but if it is was my first purchase from Frank and I didn't know a lot about him I think I would've enjoyed it a lot.
        Signature

        Co-creator of WP Twin. Perhaps the most expensive yet most reliable wordress cloning tool on the market. We've definitely been used more successfully than all other options :)

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3701219].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TimCastleman
          Originally Posted by Jason Fladlien View Post

          I got the book as well. I think the marketing campaign for it was brilliant, great reason why marketing.

          As for the book itself, there was a lot of good stuff in it - most it I had already read, or heard Frank tell as I already own a ton of his stuff.

          I thought it was be more current. Most of the stuff he wrote about was a few years old, some of it was 5 years old or more. And even though it was a "book" you could tell it was really compiled mostly from various sources - as sometimes he says "newsletter" and other words.

          I think they rushed it a bit and just threw a lot of stuff together to come up with a nice marketing angle... and most it is material I had read from him before... but if it is was my first purchase from Frank and I didn't know a lot about him I think I would've enjoyed it a lot.
          Jason -

          I agree. The book is a loss leader. He wants you to buy his $197 upsells. The book he could care less about.

          It was good content, yes you can make money with it, but it wasn't a typical book.

          Worth the 6 bucks? Sure.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3701841].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Harlan
            Frank is admitedly one of the laziest marketers alive. He reuses old information / articles endlessly.

            Dan Kennedy does the same thing. In his Renegade Millionaire program Dan said that he is amazed anyone stays a subscriber to his newsletter because all he does is repeat himself.

            Frank's a lot younger than Dan but got that message. Just keep delivering the same old stuff in new packages.

            Otherwise, you'd probably have to work for a living.
            Signature

            Harlan D. Kilstein Ed.D.
            Free NLP Communications Course at http://www.nlpcopywriting.com
            http://overnight-copy.com
            Get Fit In Four Minuteshttp://just4minutes.com
            Learn how to build a Super Site Without SEO http://supersiteformula.com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3703975].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author TimCastleman
              Originally Posted by Harlan View Post

              Frank is admitedly one of the laziest marketers alive. He reuses old information / articles endlessly.

              Dan Kennedy does the same thing. In his Renegade Millionaire program Dan said that he is amazed anyone stays a subscriber to his newsletter because all he does is repeat himself.

              Frank's a lot younger than Dan but got that message. Just keep delivering the same old stuff in new packages.

              Otherwise, you'd probably have to work for a living.
              Harlan -

              You get mentioned quite a bit in the book. Hope it brings you business.

              I agree he is Kennedy (and he admits it to). It is something to look at for sure.

              Tim
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704891].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3700445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author waterburn
    I think most guys like Frank just reuse old info in a new package, with a few small newer additions thrown in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3704902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timpane
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3705580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Hi Tim,

      great video, just wondering if you would consider sending my squeese page offer to your list.

      It is giving away just about every great FK video online, (49 all up) as well as a FK offer.

      Just send me a private pm, and we can take it from there, click on the link below to take a quick peek.

      Shane

      P.S. just click on the FK graphics on the home page and it will take you there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3709136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author P.Sharma
    very nice video setup. What camera and mic do you use. I recently lost my camera and stuff at the airport so time for new ones
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4524928].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Net Solutions
      Banned
      Originally Posted by P.Sharma View Post

      very nice video setup. What camera and mic do you use. I recently lost my camera and stuff at the airport so time for new ones
      Would like to know the same too. Will be getting a new camera soon for my video marketing campaign..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4525113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimNesbitt
    TimCastleman: EXCELLENT Review my friend, I too have several internet marketers that I follow not only for their content but just to study their emails, blog post, and overall marketing styles and Frank Kern is definitely one of them!

    Once again thanks for the review and I am sure a lot of people are going to find your insights very helpful!


    Tim
    Signature

    For honest internet marketing product reviews as well as tips for how to make money online go to Online Internet Marketing Business
    Also make sure to check out my FREE Get High PR .Edu Backlinks Report NO SIGN UP REQUIRED!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4528951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Allornothing14
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4529236].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4532026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HarrisonJ
    I wonder what Frank's net worth is right now.

    Good review. Love those cigars and beverages.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4546910].message }}

Trending Topics