This thread is to help people make a decision if they want to buy Commission Siphon. I'm not an affiliate, trying to promote their product. I just bought it a few months ago and I wanted to share my opinion about it.
I was invited by an IM marketer for a webinar about making 1000 $/day by pushing a few buttons and using only free traffic. The presentation really impressed me as it seemed to be so easy to find a great niche/ product to promote, build a site and monetize it.
IMHO, here are the pros:
- The educational material is well organized; it's really step by step.
- The software works as promised during the webinar (at least the research and site creation part).
- I really like the research part that makes keyword research easier and quicker. Even if you don't know how to choose keywords properly, this software helps a lot because you only have to figure out if your keywords have 4 or more stars.
- Additionally, it tells you if domain names with your keyword in it are available and you can purchase them directly from there.
- You can also get insight reports that give a lot of information on competition, content creation and monetization possibilities.
- To build a site it's very easy, as shown during the webinar. The software indicates where you can find pieces of content and then you just have to make it 60-70% unique by rewriting it on your own.
- The traffic generation is easy too. You can easily create a campaign with the software which also has a feature to ping your new website.
Now I want to share some cons I discovered:
- First of all, there is a limitation on the number of sites you can build with the software: only 25 with the initial payment of 997 USD. If you want more, you can purchase 1 website for 25 USD/ yearly, or 25 for 997 USD yearly, or 50 sites for 1997 USD yearly.
- With the initial payment you can generate 500 insight reports about your selected keywords (in order to get more information on the competition and monetization). If you want more insight reports, you can buy 10 for 10.00 USD yearly.
- If you want to buy a domain name (which is highly recommended for SEO), it will cost you 16.00 USD yearly, which isn't that cheap compared to the prices available on the market.
- The traffic generation is based on blog commenting only! And you will have to make some serious SEO efforts on your own if you want to see your site rank well. Those who know at least a little bit of SEO, know that the best results can be achieved if you have a diversity of backlinks (and not only coming from blog commenting).
Now the thing I really didn't like is this old marketing trick: the false scarcity (it remembers me all these magic push-buttons software sold for 37 bucks and a huge quantity of affiliates promoting the same s**t).
During the webinar it was said that only 15 people could get in. Think about this: if you have a webinar invitation that is sent to thousands and thousands of people, it is very likely that it's going to be full (1000) and that more than 15 people are going to buy it.
The next day I received a message with the replay of the webinar and there were now only 2 spots available! The sender of this message sent it about 3 times over at least 3 days after the webinar and finally with a payment plan! So do you really think that they let only 15 people purchase it???
And now this is the hit: since I purchased the software more than 2 months ago, I received 3 more invitations from very well known IM marketers (I won't name them here) for that same webinar! And I can tell you that these guys know how to build their list, if you know what I mean.
Apart from that scarcity technique that upsets me, I can tell you that you can find a lot of other tools that will do the job very well and for a much more decent price. For instance Market Samurai has about the same features (even if the learning curve with MS might be a bit bigger) and if you know how to use FireFox plugins you'll get the same info on competition.
Then if you know how to set up a site based on Word Press, you don't need CS to build your site.
As the site I built with CS is quite new, I can't tell you about the results with their traffic generation tactics "on autopilot" but I feel that I'll have to do much more SEO.
Compared to other products you can find online I wouldn't recommend buying CS. If you still want to do so, it's your decision but take it wisely because there are no refunds!
I hope you liked my review and that it will help you.