25 replies
Hi,

We have recently installed a Storestacker site here:

Digital Cameras | Camcorders | Telephones | TVs

but have become very concerned with the lack of sales. We have sent a LOT of clicks through to Amazon, ebay and Overstock, all with zero to no sales. Just wondering if other Warriors had experienced similar problems? Or any other ideas that may be useful? Or have we just created a browsers and not buyers paradise?

Grateful for all and any feedback. Thanks, Allen
#storestacker
  • Profile picture of the author Focused Action
    my personal opinion is to ditch the adsense. come up with a great headline and some copy as to what you are selling, what deals/specials you have. maybe do a review of the best tv's. rotate copy around special events / holidays / etc. just my 2cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[466197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcintermed
    I agree, you have a lot of Google ads on that site. Are you making money on those?
    Also, keep in mind, you are in a very competitive market segment. So I expect you WILL get tons of browsers, people who go from site to site looking for great deals, or who just enjoy shopping. I would guess that the more unique the niche, the higher the percentage of buyers to visitors. Or to put it another way, the more value YOU provide (by not offering only "me-too" content), the more money you will make in return!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[469126].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Loren Woirhaye
    Nice-looking SS site - but it's just arbitrage you are
    doing here. I don't see much potential in that personally.

    StoreStacker has a lot of possibility for SEO to get traffic
    to your authority site by building a large store in the
    back. You have, as far as I can tell, no original content
    in your store. Flesh it out and start working to make
    people interested in coming back and you'll be onto
    something.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[469410].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mick535
      I was one of the first Beta testers of StoreStacker. The program has really come along since its first incarnation. The main thing with StoreStacker is that you need to remove all Footprints from the sites or Google will black list them. I had a lot of early success, but after a few months, even though I continued promoting my sites, my sales dropped.

      Just like any site you promote these days, you must have original content and something special on your site to draw people back. If you wouldn't shop at your site, can you expect someone else too???

      You must also give your visitors one option. That option should be to either click on an Adsense Ad because your site sucks or to click on a product and buy it because your site has quality.

      That is my methodology when building money sites. You get Adsense clicks when they don't like your site and want another option. If they like your site, they will stick around and possibly buy something.

      Just my two cents.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[469544].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author halcline
        Also, I don't see where you are capturing the visitor info anywhere. What you want to do is to capture their email address. HOW? How about offering a freebie to entice them to sign up for your "Digital Camera Newsletter". create a little eBook or something to give away.

        Start building your list which in turn will become your future customer base.

        hal
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[469634].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
          Originally Posted by halcline View Post

          Also, I don't see where you are capturing the visitor info anywhere. What you want to do is to capture their email address. HOW? How about offering a freebie to entice them to sign up for your "Digital Camera Newsletter". create a little eBook or something to give away.

          Start building your list which in turn will become your future customer base.

          hal
          Yes, plan to introduce newsletter sign up once visitor numbers start to climb. Thanks for the input. All the best, Allen
          Signature

          Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[471897].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
        Originally Posted by mick535 View Post

        I was one of the first Beta testers of StoreStacker. The program has really come along since its first incarnation. The main thing with StoreStacker is that you need to remove all Footprints from the sites or Google will black list them. I had a lot of early success, but after a few months, even though I continued promoting my sites, my sales dropped.

        Just like any site you promote these days, you must have original content and something special on your site to draw people back. If you wouldn't shop at your site, can you expect someone else too???

        You must also give your visitors one option. That option should be to either click on an Adsense Ad because your site sucks or to click on a product and buy it because your site has quality.

        That is my methodology when building money sites. You get Adsense clicks when they don't like your site and want another option. If they like your site, they will stick around and possibly buy something.

        Just my two cents.
        Thanks, value your feedback. How do you go about removing all footprints? That sounds like a mammoth task. If we don't, it sounds like we're sunk. Is anyone making money with the SS model out of the box? Would love to know. Thanks, Allen
        Signature

        Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[471905].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mick535
          Originally Posted by allenjohn View Post

          Thanks, value your feedback. How do you go about removing all footprints? That sounds like a mammoth task. If we don't, it sounds like we're sunk. Is anyone making money with the SS model out of the box? Would love to know. Thanks, Allen
          I litterally dumped the Storestacker templates and created my own using the variables that each template has built in to populate your store settings. Once you do it, you'll find out how easy it is. I have actually been using old Wordpress Templates to build my StoreStacker sites. You get rid of almost every footprint that way (except for the variables of course).

          You defintely want to go into the footer of the template you are using and remove the Affiliate Marketing (links to storestacker.com) anchor text.

          Take a look at an old store that I still haven't updated:

          Steel Shades - We've Searched for Sunglasses So You Don't Have To!

          Look in the Bottom Left Corner and you'll see it. If you do a search on this term, you'll find all kinds of StoreStacker sites.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[472150].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author observetodo
        Anyone of anyone who will customize templates to work with StoreStacker?
        Signature

        Don't Lose Your Important Files! Try for free.http://track.mypcbackup.com/?f9827b64

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1292467].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
      Originally Posted by Loren Woirhaye View Post

      Nice-looking SS site - but it's just arbitrage you are
      doing here. I don't see much potential in that personally.

      StoreStacker has a lot of possibility for SEO to get traffic
      to your authority site by building a large store in the
      back. You have, as far as I can tell, no original content
      in your store. Flesh it out and start working to make
      people interested in coming back and you'll be onto
      something.
      Thanks. We do have a lot of original content but we have that in the back. Maybe we need to turn the site around i.e. SS in the back, blog in the front. Thanks for your input, invaluable. All the best, Allen
      Signature

      Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[471901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author halcline
    Just so you know, you have too many Adsense blocks. Unless Google has changed their rules, I believe you can only have 3.

    Regarding the site, maybe if you were more specific in your niche. Rather than
    Digital Cameras | Camcorders | Telephones and TVs,

    You had one site for Digital cameras.
    One for Camcorders.
    One for Telephones,
    One for TVs.

    Then maybe you could refine your niche even more.

    hal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[469625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
      Originally Posted by halcline View Post

      Just so you know, you have too many Adsense blocks. Unless Google has changed their rules, I believe you can only have 3.

      Regarding the site, maybe if you were more specific in your niche. Rather than
      Digital Cameras | Camcorders | Telephones and TVs,

      You had one site for Digital cameras.
      One for Camcorders.
      One for Telephones,
      One for TVs.

      Then maybe you could refine your niche even more.

      hal
      Thanks, we only have 2 text and 3 normal, so within the ropes. Good advice about the niche tightening and our second site Mobile Phones | iPhones | Cell Phones | Mobility Mobiles does just that. Thanks, Allen
      Signature

      Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[471910].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spudzz
    StoreStacker is a great product but it has to be used with some flare. Two great lumps of Adsense above the fold on the home page just shouts out SPLOG and is about a poor a use of StoreStacker as I could imagine.

    As mentioned above concentrate on one tight product sector per domain. Feature new products on the home page to entice people in - huge Adsense blocks are the proverbial middle finger to new browsers.

    Try and adapt the default template a bit more - it's a bit like using Kubrick for all your WordPress sites.

    Finally, add some original content - anything in fact over and above the standard merchant feeds - Google are really clamping down now on 'thin' affiliate sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[469765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scorpio9
    good advice about Layout, Adsense, footprint and so on but I believe what the real query is...
    We have sent a LOT of clicks through to Amazon, ebay and Overstock, all with zero to no sales
    That would suggest he is getting visitors, but they are not buying when they get to the merchant sites.
    What do you mean by LOTS?, are you measuring the numbers at your site and comparing the clickthrus to the merchants sites so you know they are definitely arriving at the destination with you aff ID?

    scorpio9
    Signature
    BeaconSites - Websites Designed For Lead Generation & Conversions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[471958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
      Originally Posted by scorpio9 View Post

      good advice about Layout, Adsense, footprint and so on but I believe what the real query is...

      That would suggest he is getting visitors, but they are not buying when they get to the merchant sites.
      What do you mean by LOTS?, are you measuring the numbers at your site and comparing the clickthrus to the merchants sites so you know they are definitely arriving at the destination with you aff ID?

      scorpio9
      Well spotted. Yes, we are tracking and the clicks are being recorded at Amazon etc. We are talking thousands of clicks.... regards Allen
      Signature

      Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[472896].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Powertreb
        Hi...

        Pardon me for sounding confused, but what do you mean by "footprints".

        Are you referring to the footer text with the copyright, etc.?

        And how/why do such things get you blacklisted by Google?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[514215].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author scorpio9
          hey Powertreb
          footprints in this case are tell-tale signs that the site was built with StoreStacker, these could be, for instance, name of a file generated by StoreStacker script, or name of HTML elements on the webpage and things like that.

          They are called "footprints" because every site generated by the same script will have lots of things in common that can easily be detected. Webmasters engaged in blackhat activities or creating spammy website sites try and cover their tracks, i.e. footprints, by renaming files or HTML elements in order to throw the search engines "off the scent" if you see what I mean.

          Unless you are manually coding a website page by page, who is these days?, then all websites will have some sort of footprint, for instance, all wordpress blogs have the same footprint, any site created in Dreamweaver, all Joomla sites, etc, etc, will leave footprints, so footprint is not a problem unless you have something to hide form the search engines!

          scorpio9
          Signature
          BeaconSites - Websites Designed For Lead Generation & Conversions
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[514602].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Powertreb
            Originally Posted by scorpio9 View Post

            hey Powertreb
            footprints in this case are tell-tale signs that the site was built with StoreStacker, these could be, for instance, name of a file generated by StoreStacker script, or name of HTML elements on the webpage and things like that.

            They are called "footprints" because every site generated by the same script will have lots of things in common that can easily be detected. Webmasters engaged in blackhat activities or creating spammy website sites try and cover their tracks, i.e. footprints, by renaming files or HTML elements in order to throw the search engines "off the scent" if you see what I mean.

            Unless you are manually coding a website page by page, who is these days?, then all websites will have some sort of footprint, for instance, all wordpress blogs have the same footprint, any site created in Dreamweaver, all Joomla sites, etc, etc, will leave footprints, so footprint is not a problem unless you have something to hide form the search engines!

            scorpio9
            Thanks Scorpio,

            But is StoreStacker then considered BlackHat by Google? I am actually on the verge of purchasing it. I've checked out other similar software, and for my needs StoreStacker beats the other ones.

            My plan was to actually use StoreStacker within a WP site, not as a standalone site creator.

            In your opinion, how would that fair with the search engine police?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[522879].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Powertreb
            Originally Posted by scorpio9 View Post

            footprints in this case are tell-tale signs that the site was built with StoreStacker, these could be, for instance, name of a file generated by StoreStacker script, or name of HTML elements on the webpage and things like that.
            Thanks Scorpio,

            But is StoreStacker then considered BlackHat by Google? I am actually on the verge of purchasing it. I've checked out other similar software, and for my needs StoreStacker beats the other ones.

            My plan was to actually use StoreStacker within a WP site, not as a standalone site creator.

            In your opinion, how would that fair with the search engine police?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[522887].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Omar
            The footprints are repetitive pieces of text (text as seen by a spider, not html code). For example, if script XYZWG has a powered by statement, then some one can search for "Powered by XYZWG" (i can give an exact footprint example but don't want to give anyone ideas) will be able to get a pretty clean list of sites using that script (i will say later why this is not good). That is not same as "Copyright 2008 © Affiliate marketing" though. Try this one and it will be almost impossible to separate some whatever sites from Storestacker sites (if any will show in results).

            Html elements or filename can hardly be a footprint. Files or folders like /admin/, /templates/, click.php are higly used by thousands of scripts and/or sites. Unless some script uses very weird codes or file/folder names, is very hard to make a difference. Don't forget SE spiders only read some html elements (h1, h2, b, strong, etc) and text (at least that is known).

            In my opinion, footprints are mostly bad when allows people with bad intentions to find and exploit security holes. If some script has a footprint as in the first example, and someone find a security hole, he can use the footprint to find and attack all sites using that script. Attack can have different forms: just meant to harm, for spam (links, comments, emails), cookie stuffing, etc.

            Otherwise, we are taking this "footprint phobia" to extreme. Even your adesne pub-id or affiliate ID can be considered a footprint afterall. That is actually the easiest way to catch and find all your sites, despite what script you are using, because you only have one adsense id, and one affiliate id (at least theoretically). All sites have footprints and we will not be able to promote anything because will leave footprints.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[553394].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
    Hi,

    Update: The site is now officially in the sandbox, although we have around 3,500 mentions. Not sure how long penalty will apply. My ardour for SS has cooled somewhat...will keep you informed... all the very best, Allen
    Signature

    Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[523390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mormel
    Hi,

    The whole trick - and the main attraction - from StoreStacker is that it provides you with a ready made shop, with eBay and Amazon plugins, that are constantly updated. It's rather ironic that the only way you can make a StoreStacker webstore really work for the search engines, is that you remove all the StoreStacker footprints first. That way you make a StoreStacker store without all the 'storestackerish' details...

    Yours, storestackingly, Ed
    Signature

    Get my WSO: The PPC Horizon Report (http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ney-table.html)
    Read Why You PPC'ers Are Leaving Money on the Table!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[526103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allenjohn
      Originally Posted by mormel View Post

      Hi,

      The whole trick - and the main attraction - from StoreStacker is that it provides you with a ready made shop, with eBay and Amazon plugins, that are constantly updated. It's rather ironic that the only way you can make a StoreStacker webstore really work for the search engines, is that you remove all the StoreStacker footprints first. That way you make a StoreStacker store without all the 'storestackerish' details...

      Yours, storestackingly, Ed
      Hi - Is there a document anywhere that tells you how to remove the footprints? Would be very useful I think... regards Allen
      Signature

      Make Money with Niche Blogs Auto Profit - Let us build YOUR auto blogging empire for you. BUY BACK GUARANTEE for Gold Orders! FAQ - NEW! - One Way Link Building Service

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[529482].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Powertreb
        Originally Posted by allenjohn View Post

        Hi - Is there a document anywhere that tells you how to remove the footprints? Would be very useful I think... regards Allen
        That would definitely help. Anyone can remove standard links like StoreStacker copyright and footers. But if we're talking about files and file names that need to be edited or renamed, that's trickier.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[530871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author .
    Mmm I purchased StoreStacker... but as far as I know, sites get banned from Google pretty easy.
    Anyone has experience with this? It seems Google takes ST sites like BANS sites... they easy get "kicked out"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[924943].message }}

Trending Topics