Market Samurai vs Long Tail Pro Review

by dynn
23 replies
I looking to buy market samurai but before that I also heard about Long Tail Pro software.So I need some suggestion from WF members which one is better between Market Samurai vs Long Tail Pro.

Appreciate your comment.

Thank you.
#long #market #pro #review #samurai #tail
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7731919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMPromocoder
    Personally I use market samurai and quite pleased with it, but many of my colleagues use LTP and are very pleased as well.
    Now, as we live in an era that you can buy, try and return pretty much everything, theres no much use in looking for the right answer for this one, because both tools have an enormous amount of users ( so probably both are at least ok), so just dive into one and if you're not happy with it,switch to the other within the refund time frame.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7733413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    The one thing MS has the LTP doesn't is the ability to use your own proxies...or the ones already built into MS, which is what slows it down but what also allows you to not have to sit and solve captchas or get banned. Also, there is no fee after you pay, unlike LTP where there is a platinum version that costs monthly on top of what you pay already. The platinum version gives you access to things already in MS. It's a good program but if you've already got MS, no point. You don't need 3+ kw programs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7734847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John34
    +1 for MS, great software with excellent support.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7735665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr. Ken Russell
    Banned
    Originally Posted by dynn View Post

    I looking to buy market samurai but before that I also heard about Long Tail Pro software.So I need some suggestion from WF members which one is better between Market Samurai vs Long Tail Pro.

    Appreciate your comment.

    Thank you.
    Originally Posted by IMPromocoder View Post

    Personally I use market samurai and quite pleased with it, but many of my colleagues use LTP and are very pleased as well.

    Now, as we live in an era that you can buy, try and return pretty much everything, theres no much use in looking for the right answer for this one, because both tools have an enormous amount of users ( so probably both are at least ok), so just dive into one and if you're not happy with it,switch to the other within the refund time frame.
    Both are great tools.. but Market Samurai is what I recommend (just because I use it everyday).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7735694].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author papeter
      If you are looking for speed with highly accurate results in a fraction of the time then LTP wins hands down IMO. I also have Market Sam, but the slowness drives me nuts. MS may have similar as the extra platinum features but I intend getting that extra, because it confirms in milliseconds whether your KW research is on target or not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7879955].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Noel
        I am a MS fan all the way. The software does a great job. Easy to use. Great training. No monthly fee's. Support is outstanding every time.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7881391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RonnieJSmith
    anyone tried ultimate niche finder? MS is total waste of money now. MNF seems to be going good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7881536].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LifeinVegas
      Doesn't MS just show results from Bing? Example: How many pages indexed by Bing, not Google.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7905173].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Proud American
        MS for sure. I have both and MS is a much better software in my opinion.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7917426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wpxo
    Yea, I think MS shows the competition numbers from Bing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7917453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author t3cn1c0
    LTP is more suitable for finding EMD and if you are scraping for keywords. It is more user friendly than MS.While MS have more features than LTP like tracking keywords and sites, etc. LTP's panel is simpler than MS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7917636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yuma
    I meet people who swear by MS, until I tell 'em that it draws the dataset from Bing! ( <5% of search engine share).

    Anyway, I use LTP everyday. It's ok, but the Platinum upgrade truly sucks! The Keyword Competitiveness function only works 30% of the time despite only performing a single query, i.e. takes ages to grab data, and usually returns no results!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8309081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Yuma, not all of it. SEOC yes but then SEOTC is a better judge of competition and that's through Google, and faster. Same with the actual competition module. I still swear by it (though I have a couple other tools that complement it.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8309437].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Yuma
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Yuma, not all of it. SEOC yes but then SEOTC is a better judge of competition and that's through Google, and faster. Same with the actual competition module. I still swear by it (though I have a couple other tools that complement it.)
      I stand (partially) corrected.

      I agree, the MS comp module has been, for myself, the cornerstone of my KW research.

      Are there any metrics that you concentrate on in the comp module? Just interested in what MS users use to gauge weak-tough sites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8309613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Trust/citation flow, onpage seo and I check out their backlink,anchor text as well as their demographic info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8309832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ross Petal
    MS delivers all the time. Commercial value and strength of the competition are so important when building solid sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8313036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author svetod
    I use Market Samurai, pretty good software!
    Signature
    Want To Know How I Make Money Online? Read my story http://affiliate-lifestyle.com/
    Follow me on Instagram for Daily Inspiration & Free Tips: svetlintodd
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8315071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Freshmorning
    I am Hoping get Ultimate Niche finder, its the best i think in the market for now.
    Anyone here to advice?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8315198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RyanLima
      Ive been using MS and LTP in conjuction with Google Keyword Tool/ Planner for quite sometime now. Most of the time ill use thm side by side to match results and also weed out any new keywords.

      Both programs are great!

      I I had to choose just one though it woud be Market Samurai

      Both tools have trials. Download them and test for your self

      Also, I think LTP has a 10 day free trial and an 8 week refund policy. Nothing to lose - Try It!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8584405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dbsmitty
    I've never used LTP so I can't really say. But I've had MS for the last two or three years and have found it to be a very useful tool.

    I never heard the thing about it pulling it's data from Bing, but that wouldn't really change my opinion of it. No research in regard to search engine numbers should be viewed as an exact science anyway, and there's a lot more to MS than just keyword research. The keyword research part of it just scratches the surface of what it does.

    Besides, I have some serious doubts as to if that's even true because to get the best use of MS you need a Google account which it logs into, and it has a message box that comes up and tells you it's pulling data from Google. Call me gullible, but I don't think they're lying. I've never seen a box come up telling you it was pulling anything from Bing. I suspect that to be misinformation.

    I for one am not looking to make a switch - I intend to continue using MS. If it's not broke, don't fix it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9705784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prashanthk
    One year old thread bumped? I am adding another bump just for the heck of it.

    Tools don't matter. See any one of the successful marketer videos. The actual keyword identification is done elsewhere, and you will see Google Keyword Planner used for finding out the search volume (and that's it).

    You want fast tools that actually tell you keyword difficulty, search volumes and more - go for Moz, SEMRush, SEOCockpit or similar. Yes, they cost a lot more money (and no, I don't own them but played with them using trial versions).

    Most of the other tools are almost the same. Instead you can use skip all the fluff and use Google Keyword Planner for fast results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9706257].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pintara3
      Originally Posted by prashanthk View Post

      One year old thread bumped? I am adding another bump just for the heck of it.

      Tools don't matter. See any one of the successful marketer videos. The actual keyword identification is done elsewhere, and you will see Google Keyword Planner used for finding out the search volume (and that's it).

      You want fast tools that actually tell you keyword difficulty, search volumes and more - go for Moz, SEMRush, SEOCockpit or similar. Yes, they cost a lot more money (and no, I don't own them but played with them using trial versions).


      Most of the other tools are almost the same. Instead you can use skip all the fluff and use Google Keyword Planner for fast results.
      MS has been around for years and is still my favourite choice, great support from the guys as well
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9724921].message }}

Trending Topics