This definitely isn't going to be long term, but on the plus side, I'm already a premium writer over at iWriter. My classification on Textbroker is 4 I believe? I'm not honestly sure who or how the whole rating thing is even judged on there but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
This is for AUTHORS only, not clients.
- This concern is for both iWriter and Textbroker and it's that some people have the most unrealistic expectations. I personally would skip every person that put 3-4 paragraphs of instructions for a lousy $1 or $1.50 per 100 words. What's even worse is, some people have the same amount of instructions for non-premium writers who only get paid .50c per 100 words.
- People can take 3-4 days to approve content on both sites. I usually only go for recently requested work which helps cut down on that but it can be frustrating due to a payment schedule that has to be done weekly at minimum. You can crank out a ton of work on Thursday or Monday but then come to find out they didn't approve all of it until Friday or Tuesday. I've actually had that happen, it's frustrating but PayPal fees make it near impossible to request daily payouts (from what I was told).
After doing some searching, here's what I've found online comparing the two:
- iWriter has a much more visually appearing website and it's easier to search for jobs.
- Textbroker is willing to pay a little bit more but the requirements to advance are confusing and no one knows how it works.
- I've seen some people complaining that they've been demoted on Textbroker for a weird or a lack of reasoning behind it.
- A lot of the clients on iWriter want everything for nothing and are some of the pickiest clients to write for on the web.
For argument sake, let's say this is a 1 week project. I'm out of things to sell and this is the only way I know of to make money by Thursday/Tuesday.
iWriter pays on Tuesday (that's what I have it set to)
Textbroker pays on Fridays (you have to request a payout by Thursday)
However, I have no problem waiting for next Thursday if the reviews are great and I can spend an entire week cranking out content, making some pretty decent money on there. I'd like to hear some reviews from people who are currently doing good on there or opinions between the two. Like I said, it's going to be a week long project. When I'm done with iWriter or Textbroker, I plan on opening up a thread here and moving my business hopefully to a website but for the mean time I just need to make something.