I just made a video going over the main functionalities of Optimize Press 2.0.
I hope this helps you decide whether OP2 is the right tool for you or not.
I apologise for the length of video. The idea was to show you an "unboxing" of Optimize Press 2.0. So what you see is my real reaction to it!!!
Also, the audio went crazy between 6:00 and 9:00 for some reason! So please bear with it, it eventually goes back to normal!
If you have any specific questions on Optimize Press 2.0, feel free to ask me and I will have a look and let you know, or shoot a short video about it!
This is the video:
Optimize Press 2 0 - YouTube
(no affiliate links or anything, just my walkthrough)
PS: I couldn't figure out how to embed the video so that it'd show up in a video player... if anyone cares to share that with me it'd be much appreciated!
PPS: If you don't want to watch the video, here are the main points:
1. Optimize Press 2.0 comes both as a Theme and a Plugin
2. It has a lot of new and very cool features
3. The interface has been completely redone to appear more modern and easier to use, but, in my opinion, they failed at this. The new interface is surely more modern, but there are too many options and things are not particularly clear...
4. The way OP2.0 is used is completely different from OP1.0. Each new post/page has its own Page Editor, that lets you "visually" chose the template for the page and configure all other options.
5. You will need to go over the entire Training course and the learning curve will be steep. OP2.0 is not an easy piece of software to use, and being proficient at OP1.0 will not help you much.
6. Optimize Press now comes with its own Membership Management plugin, called OptimizeMember. This is a redesigned version of the free S2Member plugin. This means it has a million cool options and can do pretty much anything you dream of, but it's pretty hard to set up.
7. Overall OP2.0 is a great piece of software but it's definitely not easy to use.